TOURISM IN MEDITERRANEAN
Mediterranean catchment which is the meeting point of Asia, Europe and Africa has the characteristic to be a cradle of the cultures that constitute contemporary world civilization. Mediterranean is wholly a separate world .
Mediterranean had been witness to chipping of the stone, cultivation of soil, working with iron, invention of the writing, production of the glass, usage of the money, beginning of the commerce, construction of the temples, discovery of the stars and the tone of the music which makes the human being a person. Mediterranean is a history itself. If tourism has a history, it begins from the Mediterranean because Mediterranean is also the center of tourism. Therefore, "tourism in Mediterranean" is the subject of this contest. Our call is to all cartoonists of the world: “Draw, draw the tourism in Mediterranean”.
“Tourism in Mediterranean”RULES
1. The contest is organized by Alanya Tourism and Promotion Foundation and it is open to the cartoonists worldwide.
2. The works contributed to this contest may have been published before; however, they should not have received any prize in any type of contest.
3. Each artist should contribute with only one work. They should not be computer print-outs or photocopied.
4. If there is any script involved, it should either be in English or Turkish.
5. The size should not exceed 30x40 cm.
6. Participants should write their names, family names, country, address and telephone number (s) in capital letters on the back of their works and they should enclose a short biography either in English or Turkish.
7. The contributions should be received by the following address prior to May 1, 2008.
8th INTERNATIONAL MEDITERRANEAN CARTOON CONTEST
Alanya Turizm Tanıtma Vakfı
Atatürk Caddesi Şen Apt. No: 51/6,
07400 Alanya / Turkey8. The results of the contest will be announced on May 03, 2008.
9. Works sent to the contest will not be sent back to the participants. All works submitted whether they are given a prize or not can be used or published in cultural activities.
On the other hand the copyright in commercial usage is belonged to the artist.
All of the participants are considered to have accepted these conditions.
10. Some of the cartoons may be exhibited in Alanya along with the prize-winning works for a week after the ceremony.
11. If the contributions are collected and published in an album by Alanya Tourism and Promotion Foundation, the participants will receive a copy.
12. The prize ceremony will be held in Alanya on May 31, 2008.
Kamil Deniz Som ( Journalist, Istanbul-Turkey)
Kamil Masaraci (Cartoonist, Istanbul-Turkey)
Cihan Demirci (Cartoonist, Istanbul-Turkey)
Nuvit Ozkan (Tourism Organisation, Alanya-Turkey)
Ibrahim Tapa (Cartoonist, Istanbul-Turkey)
Marlene Pohle (Cartoonist, Germany).
1st Prize: 2.000 USD + Air ticket(two way for one person) + 1 week holiday for double in Alanya(HB-extras are belonged to the guest)
2nd Prize: 500 USD + Air ticket two way for one person) + 1 week holiday for double in Alanya(HB-extras are belonged to the guest)
3rd Prize: 500 USD + Air ticket (two way for one person) + 1 week holiday for double in Alanya(HB-extras are belonged to the guest)
· District of Alanya
· Municipality of Alanya
· Alanya Chamber of Commerce
· Alanya Tourism & Promotion Foundation
· Eastern Mediterranean History and Culture Research Foundation.
Tel: 00 90 242 511 76 21
E-Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org