II INTERNATIONAL CARTOON COMPETITION 2014 - LIVING STREETS
156 cartoonists from 46 countries around the world
participated, entering almost 600 works of art. Winners
I Czesław Przęzak (Poland) (middle)
II Darko Drljevic (Montenegro) (top)
III Tarmo Vaarmets (Estonia) (below). Source.
Regulations Participation conditions
1. SATYRYKON 2015 International Exhibition is an open competition.
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2014-2015), and qualified by artists to section:
• THEME: ENTHUSIASM
• JOKE AND SATIRE (drawing without captions preferred)
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the competition SATYRYKON.
4. The format of works -maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 7, 2015 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover to: SATYRYKON – Legnica 2015 International Exhibition Chojnowska 2, 59-220 Legnica, Poland
Organisers are not responsible for transport damages. THE PARTICIPANTS ARE KINDLY ASKED NOT TO POST, THE WORKS VIA ELECTRONIC MEANS AS THESE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE COMPETITION.
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, organisers reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. The work, chosen by the author, will in this way cover our costs of mailing.
7. Works should be accompanied by their author’s photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application form (PLEASE USE CAPITALS). Prizes
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. Jury will award the following prizes: Grand Prix SATYRYKON 2015 – pure gold key and purse amounting to 8,000 PLN 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 5.500 PLN 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN
and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each Director of Legnickie Centrum Kultury (Legnica Culture Centre) for a photography work in amount of 4,000 PLN award Mayor of legnica award in amount of 4.000 PLN Organisers plan to award the author of the best DEBUT and will organise her/his individual author’s exhibition at SATYRYKON Gallery included in Satyrykon 2015 programme as well.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non – awarding them or non – awarding the Grand Prix SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final. The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2015 at Satyrykon web site: www.satyrykon.pl. No t e ! AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition and collection of their awards by December 15, 2015, or it can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author. Participants’ privileges
1. Authors of work qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue.
2. Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2015 event on June 18-21, 2015.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2016. WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL. Final provisions
1. Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
3. The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publishing of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
5. Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Satyrykon Foundation (+48 76 852-23-44; e-mail: email@example.com – PL 59-220 Legnica, Chojnowska 2 – are organisers of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2015. T i m e t a b l e:
Deadline for works reception February 7, 2015 (date of the postmark)
Jury meeting February 20-22, 2015
Post-competition exhibition June 5 – August 30, 2015
Return of works after the exhibition cycle December 31, 2016
Download Rules & Application Cardhere.
PRERAG , Nadácia ESET , Fresh solutions, s.r.o. Brain Sneezing - from kalokagathia to hypochondria and back Topic 2014 :CORRUPTION
Competition terms :
1. Each author can send maximum 5 original works.
2. The competition is open to everybody and is not restricted in terms of artistic design methods.
3. The format of works should not exceed the A4 dimension.
4. The competition is non-anonymous.
5. The works can be sent either online, by filling the electronic application form, or via regular mail, with each work signed on the reverse with the author´s name and their address.
6. The rewarded works will become the property of the organiser.
Deadline : 30th November 2014
The exhibition of the works and the announcement of the results will take place in December 2014 in Prešov. The most successful authors will be awarded by the international jury as follows:
1st prize 500.00 EUR
2nd prize 300.00 EUR
3rd prize 200.00 EUR
The competition Jury reserves the right to grant other special prizes or not to grant some of the prizes.
The organisers will accept all the works that will be delivered online at the web address: http://www.cartooneast.com/index/registration
or the works that will be sent by regular mail to the address: PRERAG, združenie Mgr. Peter Rázus Dubová 5 08001 PREŠOV Slovakia
Please, sign the envelope with the motto: Brainsneezing
The organisers reserve the right to publish selected works in promotional materials and to re-install the exhibition. The catalogue will be sent to each competitor whose works will be published in the catalogue.
The authors agree that their works become the property of the organisers at no charge, that copies of their works might be made and used in re-installing the exhibition in other venues and that their works might be published free of charge in order to promote the exhibition.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: http://www.cartooneast.com/category/index/item_id/2 .
Today we received the sad news, Malgorzata Tabaka is dead. She was a graduate of the Faculty of Fine Arts at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, an art historian, an outstanding illustrator, cartoonist, graphic artist and graphic columnist. She made her debut in the mid-70s in the weekly "Politika". For many years she also colaborated with such magazines as “Szpilki", "Karuzela", "Wprost", "Kobieta i Życie", "Kultura" and "Spotkania z Zabytkami”.
She took part in numerous exhibitions in the Museum of Caricature and received the highest awards and distinctions. Among others: „Cartoonists of ‘Polityka 1957-1997” (1997), „Review of Polish Caricature 1945-1998” (1998), „Cienkim piórkiem, grubą kreską. Warszawa w karykaturze” (2002), „Telemagia” (2005), „Chopin’s Smile” (2010), „The Ball is in the Play” (2012), Warsaw and Small Warsaw another words… (2013).
Małgorzata Tabaka died on the 13th of September 2014 after having lost the battle with cancer.
3rd International Cartoon Contest Sinaloa 2014, México
The Contest is open to all cartoonists from all over the world and beyond.
Corruption is a social disease that has always been common to humanity: What produces it? It is inherent to humans? Is it possible to eradicate?
This year we are inviting you to express your personal opinion on this distressing problem found across the world.
3. THE PRIZES
1st Prize: $2000 US dollars.
2nd Prize: $1500 US dollars.
3rd Prize: $1000 US dollars.
Winners will be notified by e-mail after 12 December 2014.
A maximum of 3 works can be submitted by E-mail in any media, in black and white or colour, but they should not have received a prize in other contests.
Works should have a minimum resolution of 200 dpi and keep the proportions of a Letter size paper sheet (21.5cms x 27.9cms). They should be sent to any of the following: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
5. DEADLINE: November 24, 2014
6. PLEASE FILL IN THE ENTRY FORM AND SEND IT TOGETHER WITH YOUR WORK (The entry form can be downloaded from http://concursosinaloa2014.orgfree.com).
7. A catalogue with the winners and selected works will be available on the web page of the contest: http://concursosinaloa2014.orgfree.com
8. PROPERTY RIGHTS
Copyright belongs to authors. The Contest will use some works, but only for promotional purposes, such as publicity, the catalogue and the press. Entry Form in word and PDF on source.
(First blogged here on 31.08.2014).
7th International "Smiling Cat" Cartoon Web Contest 2014
Contest: Open to all cartoonists
Deadline: 20 December 2014
They should be cartoon, drawn in 2014..!
ENTRIES: Max. 2 cartoons TECHNICAL INFO:
A4 size max. 100 dpi, format (JPEG).
Black & white or colored,
any style, any technique will be accepted.
Name, address, tel. and e-mail.
At the end of competition there will be an exhibition
on internet from the selected cartoons.
The participant must send their photo
along with their autobiography.
All cartoonists can participate through their own
e-mail by submitting your cartoons to: firstname.lastname@example.org PRIZES:
First Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Second Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Third Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Honourable mentions: 5 (certificate).
The results will be on http://www.cartooncenter.net
on 30 December, 2014, right after the international juries' evaluation.
Address: Az 1000, Post BOX N0 1, Baku-Azerbaijan.
REGULATIONS The 9th International Biennial of Caricature THE GOLDEN SMILE – BELGRADE 2014
• The ninth International Biennial of Caricature THE GOLDEN SMILE – BELGRADE 2014, organised by the ULUPUDS (Association of Fine and Applied Artists and Designers of Serbia) and The Union of Cartoonists of Serbia FECO, in colaboration with the Atelier winery Shapart, Novi Slankamen.
• The competition is open to artists from all over the world.
• Theme of the exhibition: VIVA WINE
• Each author is to submit original works (all fine or graphic arts techniques are accepted). Author may enter unlimited number of works. The maximum size of one caricature is 42 X 29.7 cm (format A3) and minimal size is A4 (29.7 X 21 cm). Digital prints signed by the author, will also be accepted, preferably accompanied with a CD (jpg, tif, psd, 300 dpi).
• The selection of works and the decision on awards will be made by an international Jury appointed by the Exhibition Council.
1st Prize: “The Golden Smile” gold medal and 500 EUR
2nd Prize: 300 EUR
2 X 3rd Prize: 100 EUR (in wine).
• The works with the author’s name and address, or with the sticker filled and pasted on the back (or the photocopy of the sticker) should arrive BY DECEMBER 1st, 2014 to the following address: ULUPUDS (»The Golden Smile«) Terazije 26/II, 11000 Belgrade, SERBIA
or send by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
To avoid custom problems, please write DOCUMENT, NO VALUE on the envelope.
• The exhibits shall not be returned to the artists and will remain in the Association’s collection. All exibitors authorise the organiser to reproduce their works without reimbursement, for advertising purposes of the exhibition. The exhibition will be shown in other towns in Serbia and abroad.
• The organiser will publish an illustrated catalogue of the exhibition and all exhibitors will obtain it free of charge. By sending his works, each exhibitor accept the conditions mentioned above.
• These regulations are subject to interpretation of the Council of the Exhibition. President of the Exhibition Council and author of the exhibition is Prof. Jugoslav Vlahović, graphic artist and cartoonist.
• For all the further information please contact Ljubica Jelisavac Katić, curator ULUPUDS:
telephone/fax: +381 11 2685 780
e-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Source: https://www.facebook.com/zoran.petrovic.35977897/posts/1504150829825876 .
Results of the Forth International Productivity Cartoon Festival 2014, Iran
Main theme: Productivity in education system
First Prize: Hicabi Demirci(Top)
Second Prize: Atefe Yariyan
Third Prize: Valentin Druzhinin - Mahmood Azadniya. Selected:
Sava Babic Children's Part:
Faranak Mohammad Hoseynzadeh
Oğuz Tuna Orak.
All winning-cartoons on rahimcartoon.
Indian artist Shankar Pamarthy, with a caricature of Nelson Mandela, is the winner of the World Press Cartoon 2014 Grand Prix. The cartoon was published in «Sakshi Daily» newspaper, from Hyderabad, the capital city of the Indian states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. WINNERS GRAND PRIX WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2014
«Mandela» | Shankar Pamarthy | India (Top) CARICATURE
1st Prize – «Mandela» | Shankar | India | «Sakshi», Hyderabad, India
2nd prize – «Hugo Chavez | Alfredo Sabat | Argentina | «La Nación», Buenos Aires, Argentina
3rd prize – «Barack Obama» | Yaser Khanbarai | Iran | «Etefaghyeb», Iran Honourable mentions
«Franck Ribéry» | Carbajo | Spain | «El Jueves», Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
«Nelson Mandela» | Cau Gomez | Brazil | «A Tarde», Salvador, Brazil
«Patriarch Kirill» | Aivar Johanson | Estonia | «Eesti Ekspress», Tallinn, Estonia
«Captain Obama» | by Marco Spadari | Italy | «La Vita Cattolica», Cremona, Italy. EDITORIAL CARTOON
1st prize – «Untitled» | Zarko Luetic | Croatia | «Pikac», Prelog, Croatia
2nd prize – «The Scream in the Vatican» | Riber Hansson | Sweden | «Sydsvenskan», Malmo, Sweden
3rd prize – «Migration Reform» | Angel Boligan | Mexico | «Foreign Affairs Latin America», Mexico City Honourable mentions
«Why China is not a superpower yet» | Ninja | Philippines | «Gulf News», Dubai, United Arab Emirates
«North versus South» | Kountouris | Greece | «Efimerida ton Syntakton», Athens, Greece
«Big Ears» | Joep Bertrams | The Netherlands | «De Groene Amsterdammer», Amsterdam, The Netherlands
«Pistolius» | Helio Flores | Mexico | «El Universal», Mexico City
«Europe after Austerity» | Tom Janssen, The Netherlands | «Trouw», Amsterdam, The Netherlands
«Boston Marathon» | Jarbas Domingos | Brazil | «Diario de Pernambuco», Recife, Brazil. GAG CARTOON
1st prize – «Coins in the Bread» | Agim Sulaj | Albania | «Romagna Corriere», Rimini, Italy
2nd prize – «Poker» | Leslie Ricciardi | Uruguay| «Búsqueda», Montevideo, Uruguay
3rd prize – «Picasso, Dalí, and the Egg» | David Vela | Spain | «Los Diletantes», Zaragoza, Spain Honourable mentions
«Brain» | Dikan | Serbia | «Politika», Belgrade, Serbia
«Adam and Eve in Salafist Paradise» | Brito | France | «Feco News», Hillegom, The Netherlands
«Flood» | Valery Tarasenko | Russia | «Fontan», Odessa, Ukraine
«Ferris Wheel» | Kountouris | Greece | «Shedia», Athens, Greece
«The Intruder» | Angel Boligan | Mexico | «El Universal», Mexico City.
Feel free to comment on World Press Cartoon 2014 awards at the official WPC Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Press-Cartoon/388630857847505.
Winners in the 8th International Cartoon Biennial "Grafikatur 2014"
245 artists from 49 countries sent in 613 works. WINNERS:
First Prize: Olaf Bartoschek, Germany (Top)
Second Prize: Pawel Kuczynski, Poland
Third Prize: Miroslav Miro Georgijevski, Macedonia
Special Award: Dimitri Drozdov, Russia.
The award ceremony will take place at the exhibition opening
of "GRAFIKATUR" at City Hall on 04/11/2014 at 17:00.
Exhibition period: 04/11/2014 - 30/01/2015.
More on source. Catalog in PDF.
The 1st international cooperative cartoon festival is organized by the Halandri Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise. Participation
The festival is open to everyone regardless of nationality, age, sex or profession. Theme Cooperatives: What is a cooperative? Cooperative principles and social economy. How workers’ cooperatives, social cooperatives and other types of enterprises owned by their workers can foster new ways of acting and thinking? How can teamwork in general contribute to social transformation? Free: Let your imagination run wild!
All works (cartoons or strips) must be without dialogue or text. Entry Conditions
All entries must be original works. Framed works will not be accepted.
Entries can be either black & white or colored.
The name, surname and address of the participant should be indicated on the reverse side of cartoons.
Maximum 3 entries per participant.
Maximum entry format size is A3 (40x30 cm). Electronic entries must be in JPG or PDF format (200 dpi). Files must not exceed 5 MB. Deadline
Deadline for entries is 26 October 2014. Address Halandri Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise 1st International Cooperative Cartoon Festival 42 Aristotelous Street 15234 Halandri, Greece
Works can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, they can be sent via the following services:
Google Drive (http://drive.google.com)
Accepting, short-listing, and final selection of works falls entirely upon the Jury nominated by the Artistic Direction of the International Cooperative Cartoon Festival. The final results will be communicated directly to all participants via email and published at www.cooplife.org. The Jury’s decisions cannot be contested. Awards
International Cooperative Cartoon Festival (single award)
Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise (single special award)
Traditional Cooperatives (single special award)
Other special awards or honorary mentions may be awarded. Opening Ceremony, Award Ceremony, Exhibition
The opening ceremony and the prize awarding ceremony will be announced at www.cooplife.org at the end of November.
Authors of short-listed works will receive a free copy of the exhibition catalogue (dvd). Non-selected participants will have the possibility to request the catalogue by filling in the respective electronic form at www.cooplife.org.
The works selected for the exhibition and the catalogue will not be returned and they will be included in the International Cooperative Cartoon Festival Museum collection.
Non-selected paper works will be returned only after request by the author (who will also bear the shipping cost) and no later than February 22, 2015. The organizer is not responsible for any damage that may occur during transport.
The organizer reserves the right to reproduce the works sent to the 1st International Cooperative Cartoon Festival without paying any fee to the authors.
The competition for the 7th Edition of the International Prize in Humour and Satire “Novello:
A Gentleman of Good Family" accepted only unpublished drawings and in electronic format.
Theme : EXPO 2015 to address "food" WINNERS:
1st Prize: Maxim Smagin "Vitruvian Man" (Top)
Too Much Waste – International Cartoon Contest Organizer
STKH Sopron és Térsége Környezetvédelmi és Hulladékgazdálkodási Nonprofit Kft.
Application begins 1. October, 2014.
Deadline for entries 10. November 2014. Theme
The STKH Sopron és Térsége Kft. invites all professional and amateur cartoonists, satirical artists and graphic designers to an international cartoon contest with the theme „The prevention of the accumulation of waste” Awards
I. prize: 300 €
II. prize: 200 €
III. prize: 100 € General rules
Entries can be sent via post or e-mail to the organiser of the contest.
Size of entries received by post should be A/3.
Cartoons sent by emails should be in JPEG format (300 dpi), sized at about 2500 pixels wide if in portrait format and 3500 pixels wide if in landscape format. Competition details
• All participants must be 14 or older.
• Previously published cartoons are not allowed for submission.
• Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
• Postal address for entries: STKH Sopron és Térsége Kft, Sopron, Pf. 101, 9401, Hungary
Entries received by post will not be returned.
• Email address for entries: email@example.com
• Cartoons sent by email should contain the surname of the participant and a two digit serial number. A txt, doc or docx format text is required with the same two digit serial number, which includes the data of the participant and the cartoon. (listed below)
• Attachment of works received either by post or by email should include:
o Title of the work
o Phone number,
o Email address of the applicant. Jury
Works will be judged by a professional jury.
The jury will automatically disqualify any submission deemed offensive or inappropriate or any submission that violates copyright law or the rules of the competition.
A notification of the result of the competition will be sent to the provided email address by 14. November 2014. Exhibition
The 50 best submissions to the competition will be displayed on STKH’s website in the „Programok / Too Much Waste” section from 22. November 2014.
The best submissions will be exclusively exhibited as a part of the European Week for Waste Reduction programme. The exhibition can be viewed at the Liszt Ferenc Conference an Cultural Center in Sopron from 22. November 2014. Information
Further information about the competition will be constantly posted on STKH’s homepage.
Special professional advice can be asked of the competition’s artistic director Szénási Ferenc at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition organizer claims the rights for all submission.
By taking part in the competition, all participants agree to the conditions and regulations of the competition.
By entering the contest, the participants accept that any decision made by the jury is not negotiable. We wish good luck to all participants!
STKH Sopron és Térsége Környezetvédelmi és Hulladékgazdálkodási Nonprofit Kft.