22th CARTOONRENDON INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL COLOMBIA 2015 RICARDO RENDÓN
The Outstanding Colombian caricaturist born in Rionegro - Antioquia (1894-1931), call "The Emperor" of the Cartoon. One of the most penetrating and fine Latin American humorists in the XX century, in their work the humor was satire, it was characterized especially by the political cartoon. Their cartoons were true x-rays of the facts and of the individuals. It was pioneer of the graphic publicity in Colombia. 22Th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON RENDON FESTIVAL 2015
The Festival is an event sponsored by the municipal administration of Rionegro during twenty one serial years in memory of Ricardo Rendón Bravo.
The Festival, only in the history of the country for their trajectory and continuity; he has allowed to look at the perception of authors of but of 90 countries, main characters of the changes and experiences of the towns that contribute to the humanity's growth with the same humour. The laughing thought and its universal language, caricature is the most effective weapon against the thought that does not laugh.
It is a dream and an universal yearning to erase frontiers so territorial as ideological that prevent us to live in harmony and to visualize the light of the freedom as principle of peace and coexistence. THE CONDITIONS :
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists all over the world.
2) The deadline for entries is September 5 (Saturday) 2015
3) The themes of the competition are Three: 1. THE LIGHT, AND THE TECHNOLOGY BASED ON THE LIGHT: On the recommendation of UNESCO, the United Nations General Assembly meeting in May 2013, declared 2015 as the International Year of Light and technologies based on it (2015 - The International Year of Light and the Light-based Technologies). 2. PERSONALITIES: Scientists: Abu Hasan Ibn Al Haytam (Alhazen), Augustin-Jean Fresnel, James Clerk Maxwell, Albert Einstein, Charles Kao. 3. FREE.
4) Each participant can present in the competition a maximum of Three cartoons for theme.
5) You can participate with cartoons in white and black or in color.
6) The size of cartoons will not exceed 30 x 40 cms maximum.
7) You can also participate in the competition with cartoons that have already been published or rewarded previously, all the presented cartoons will be original. Photographs, photocopies etc, will not be accepted, and the transport of the cartoons in charge of the participant.
8) Participants are requested to send, together with their cartoons, a short curriculum vitae and a photograph.
9) In the reverse of each cartoon he/she should go the name, surname, address, telephone number and country of origin of the participant.
10) The selected Caricaturist will receive free a catalogue.
11) The jury composed of Colombian and foreign cartoonists.
12) The results will be announced in the month of October of 2015.
13) The cartoons presented in the competition won't be returned, which will be part of the future National Museum of Caricature of Rionegro, in accordance with the representative of Cartoonrendon.
14) By filling in the entrance form attached, the participant declares and accepts in advance that (s)he has turned over the financial rights (s)he holds over the cartoon or cartoons vis-à-vis the public to Cartoonrendon without limitation on location, time period and number the intellectual property all rights for publication. (S)he agrees that Cartoonrendon may use such cartoons, exhibit them, keep them in its archives and publish them on the internet or through other media. With the actual delivery of the request for participation is considered delegates these rights to Cartoonrendon and/or his representative.
15) The organization is reserved the right of exhibiting those works that he/she understands they can attempt against individual or collective rights.
16) The Participation in the competition supposes the entire acceptance and without reservations all the conditions. THE PRIZES : (Awards are subject to taxation according to Colombian tax regulation)
1) Grand Prix RENDON Theme The LIGHT and Technology based on the Light: US 2.500
2) Prize COOSERVUNAL Theme The LIGHT: US 1.000
4) Prize COOSERVUNAL Theme PERSONALITIES: US 1.000
5) Special Prizes offered by various institutions. ADDRESS :The works should be sent to: 22° FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CARICATURA CARTOONRENDON
Fernando Pica / Casa Cultural Cll 48 # 50 - 36, Rionegro, Antioquia COLOMBIA http://www.cartoonrendon.com/ email@example.com
XXIII International Satire and Humor Contest 2015 THE BOOK IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE BOOK THE WINNERS
1° prize Michael Kountouris – Grecia (Top)
Constantin Sunnenberg – Belgio
3° prize Ismail Kar – Turchia (Above)
Menzioni speciali della Giuria
Valentin Georgiev – Bulgaria
Frank Hoffmann – Germania
Emanuele Benetti – Italia
Andrè Carrilho - Portogallo
Rafael Correa - Brasile
Marco de Angelis - Italia
Mihai Ignat - Romania
Bruce Mac Kinnon - Canada
Elena Ospina - Colombia
Federico Ricciardi - Italia
Bicio Fabbri – Italia
Giuseppe Mangini – Italia
Roberto Fiaschi – Italia
SEZIONE VIDEO ANIMAZIONE
Davide Weber – Italia. Report of the Jury (PDF).
The Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden with the cooperation of
Les Amis du Château de Vianden and Naturpark OUR
are pleased to announce the 8th INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON OF VIANDEN
1. Subject: BIO, ORGANIC, NATURAL, ECOLOGY
2. Deadline: 24 April 2015
3. Prizes: 1st prize:1500 €, 2nd prize: 1000 €, 3rd prize: 500 €, 3 honourable mentions
4. Entries: Initially, each participant can submit up to 5 entries in digital format by sending them via internet to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The author must include the following details in his or her e-mail: first name, last name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number and the title or the number of each submission. The specifications for these electronic submissions are as follows: format JPEG, good quality, and max. 1,5 MB per picture. Out of these submissions, the jury will make a selection of 60-100 for the catalogue and for the exhibition. Only the awarded artists will be invited to send the original work by mail.
5. Technique: Free, black and white or in colour, without subtitles.
6. Prizes and Exhibition: The announcement of the prizes and honourable mentions will happen on 2th May 2015 in Castle of Vianden and the exhibition will take place in the Hall of the Knights of the Castle of Vianden from 2th May until 23th May 2015. There are plans to display the exhibits in the Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden and in other cities.
7. Returns: The drawings that were awarded one of the prizes will become property of the organizer.
8. Catalogue: The authors whose submissions are selected for the exhibition will receive a free catalogue by mail.
9. Results: The results will be published on the website www.caricature.eu on 3th May 2015.
The award winners selected by the jury will be personally informed via e-mail or by phone. The final decisions of the jury are incontestable.
10. Copyright: The selected participants give the organizers permission to use their drawings only for promoting the artist and the event itself. Every other aspect of the copyright remains with the artist (except for the awarded submissions). It ensures that the awarded works can no longer be submitted in other contests or published by their authors or third parties after the official publication of the results.
The submitted work should not have been awarded or published before the deadline of this contest.
By taking part in this contest the participants accept the abovementioned rules.
12. Submission address for the awarded works:
Musée de la Caricature et du Cartoon de Vianden
48, Grand-rue, L - 9410 Vianden, Luxembourg
13. Further informations email@example.com .
Source: http://caricature.eu/ .
Alessandro Gatto, from Italy, is the winner of the Grand Prize of the 17th PortoCartoon World Festival 2015, organized by the Portuguese Printing Press Museum, with a work named "Window" (Top). Gatto already had in 2012 won the grand prize of this international contest.
The Second Prize, entitled "Safe Light" (Above) is from Izabela Kowalska-Wieczorek (Poland) and the Third Prize named "Lantern" is from the Russian Andrei Popov(Below).
This year's edition included two caricature special awards, in tribute to the Literature Nobel Prize laureate novelist Ernest Hemingway and the football player Cristiano Ronaldo. The winners were, respectively,
Dálcio Machado from Brazil, and
Grondziel Krzysztof, from Poland.
The high quality of the works led the international jury to give nineteen Honourable Mentions to artists from different countries: Belgium (two), Brazil (three), Croatia (two), Spain, France, Iran (three), Poland, Portugal (three), Romania and Russia (two).
28th INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL EXHIBITION OF HUMOUR IN ART Tolentino August 27 – September 27, 2015
REGULATIONS ART. 1 - SCOPE
The Municipality of Tolentino convenes and organises the 28th International Biennial Exhibition of Humour in Art – a prize contest focused on satire.
The contest is divided into two sections:
● “City of Tolentino Award” - for satirical art on the theme of “Die laughing”
" Die laughing " is a proverbial expression, a figure of speech, as well as a call to artists to reflect on the key role of laughter within the critical issues of contemporary world. Because today more than ever before freedom to satirize is synonymous with essential freedom of expression
● “Luigi Mari Award ” for caricatures of illustrious figures.
The contest comprises:
- a selection of works sorted out by a qualified jury later to be displayed at the 28th International Exhibition of Humour in Art, that will run in Tolentino from August 27 through September 27 2015;
- a prize awarding event;
- publication of a complimentary catalogue that will be presented to the authors of the exhibited works. ART. 2 – HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The contest is open to contemporary artists of any nationality and any age, who are allowed to enter a maximum of three works which must be unreleased and authentic, free in size and technique, and performed in whatever form of visual art, material and support – pictorial, graphics, sculpture and installation, photography and video. ART. 3 - DEADLINE
The deadline to enter the contest is May 27th 2015, by which time all entries will have to have been sent to the address below: Segreteria della “28a Biennale Internazionale dell’Umorismo nell’Arte” Palazzo Sangallo, Piazza della Libertà, 18 62029 TOLENTINO (Italy)
After having filled out and signed the entry form, the contestants are requested to attach it to their works prior to shipment. Artworks must be authentically signed and provided with the special coupon. The works must be shipped carriage free - they will only be accepted on condition that they are not subject to any taxes or customs fees - the local municipality will not bear any fees due. ART. 4 – JURY
Admission of the works, their selection for display, and the awarding of prizes are exclusive competence of the jury nominated by the Municipality of Tolentino in consultation with the Artistic Director. The jury's decision is final and irrevocable. ART. 5 – AWARDS
The Jury will award below prizes: "Premio Internazionale Città di Tolentino" (City of Tolentino International Award) for satirical art on the theme of “Die laughing”
1st money prize - € 2.000,00, will be awarded to the winner of the 2015 Exhibition. In case of a tie, the prize money awarded will be split among the winners.
2nd Prize - Commendation
3rd Prize - Commendation “Luigi Mari Award” for caricatures of illustrious figures
1st Prize - Commendation Audience Award It's a special commendation awarded to a work that gets the most public appreciation among those on display, based on the preferences shown by the visitors.
Other special commendations may possibly be awarded by the jury. ART. 6 - RETURN OF WORKS
The prize winning works will not be returned, they shall remain the property of the Municipality of Tolentino and will become part of the collection of MIUMOR - the International Museum of Humour in Art.
As clearly shown on the coupon, the works that are expressly donated by the artist shall remain the property of the Municipality of Tolentino, that is entitled to make a discretionary use of them. The works not expressly donated can be collected from the MIUMOR by March 31, 2016 personally by the artist or their delegate; alternatively they can be returned, not earlier than the thirtieth day after the scheduled closing date of the Exhibition, unless extended, if specifically indicated on the coupon attached to the work. ART. 7 - LIABILITY
The Municipality of Tolentino, in its capacity as organizer of the event, pledges to the greatest care, custody and supervision over the length of time they will be at the venue of the Biennial Exhibition and during transportation, but declines all responsibility for theft, fire, damage or loss that may occur as a result of any unforseen causes. ART. 8 - USE AND REPRODUCTION OF WORKS
Contestants allow the Municipality the right to reproduce any of the selected works free of charge for publication in the official catalogue of the Exhibition, in as many copies as the Municipality shall deem appropriate, including publication on the website and any other form of communication and promotion.
The City is authorized to publish the works on any support, even for commercial purposes. In case of reproductions, the author will be mentioned in the habitual ways. The author allows free use of their work for popularisation, cultural and recreational purposes, as well as for public enjoyment. The author must expressly renounce all rights to any compensation. ART. 9 - CONSENT
Contestants expressly authorize the Municipality of Tolentino to process the personal data in its possession in accordance with the personal data protection law, so as to include them in databases operated directly by the local administration or a third party appointed by it.
As organizer of the 28th Biennial Exhibition, the Municipality is entitled to adopt final decisions on all matters not mentioned in these Regulations. These are published on the website www.biennaleumorismo.it in Italian, English, French and Spanish. In case of controversy, the Italian text shall prevail. Participation in the 28th International Biennial Exhibition of Humour in Art implies unconditional acceptance of all items contained herein. INFO: www.biennaleumorismo.it
phone : 0733 901365/0733 901326 /0733 - 969797
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ENTRY FORM and regulation in languages on source.
KYRENIA MUNICIPALITY CYPRIOT – TURKISH CARTOONIST ASSOCIATION
14. OLIVE FESTIVAL 4. INTERNATIONAL “OLIVE” CARTOON CONTEST – 2015 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION (KYRENIA – CYPRUS)
1. The contest is open to all amateur or professional cartoonist or any one who could submit a cartoon regardless individual's race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, or other protected characteristic.
2. Themes: Olive, Olive and Time, Olive and History, Olive and Mythology, Olive and Technology, Olive and Cyprus, Olive and Life, Olive and Peace, Olive and Conflict, Olive and War, Olive and Health, Olive and Women, Olive and Men, Olive and Children, Olive Oil, Olive Branch, Olive Tree, Benefits of Olive, Olive and Olive Mill/Press, Banning of Uprooting, Burning and Cutting Down Olive Trees and so forth.
3. All Submissions must be in the form of cartoon. Any painting or illustrations will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Cartoons must be without words
4. All submissions must be originals. Submission dimensions: A4 or A3 in any color or black and white. Each entrant must provide name and surname, address, phone number including country code, and email address on the back of the submission; each entrant should also provide short background and a photo (optional) on a separate A4.
5. Submission of materials, which has previously been submitted and or presented and or published elsewhere, is welcomed providing copyright is not infringed, however previously any award wining material cannot be submitted.
6. All work submitted for evaluation by the International Selection Committee and work of finalist will be published at official web page of the competition. In addition submissions will be reviewed and evaluated for plagiarism by international associations. If Plagiarism detected and or any previously award wining material submitted, submissions will be canceled and the next eligible entry will be considered for the prize.
7. Entrants could submit more than one work, however no more than one award will be awarded to participants.
8. All submission must be received by JUNE 20, 2015 at the address provided below.
9. All submission, awarded or not, will be kept and archived by Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association at the newly established “International Cyprus Cartoon Museum.”
10. The entrants will receive a Diplom of Participation by e-mail.
11. All prize winner submissions and selected works by the Steering Committee will be published in a booklet and displayed at the City Center by the Kyrenia Municipality building during the “14. International Olive Festival 2015.”
12. The results of the competition will be published thru media and prizing winning entrants will be informed by contact information provided.
13. Kyrenia Municipality will provide travel and boarding expenses for three prize winners and six special prizewinners as stated in the terms and conditions of the competition.
14. The Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association will have the publishing rights to publish or print, in any media or format, any or all submissions.
15. All persons entering the competition agree that the rules of the competition as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. And all submissions could be published and printed by the Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association as set out in these terms and conditions without any future compensation.
1. Prize: 1,000 Euro + Gold Medal
2. Prize: 800 Euro + Silver Medal
3. Prize: 600 Euro + Bronze Medal
6 entrants: Special Prize (Bronze Medal) DEADLINE:
JUNE 20, 2015 SUBMISSION ADDRESS:
Kıbrıs Türk Karikatürcüler Derneği
4. Uluslararası “Zeytin” Karikatürleri Yarışması
Posta Kutusu: 87
Lefkoşa – Kuzey Kıbrıs (Via Turkey) WEB PAGE: http://www.zeytinkarikaturleri.com STEERING COMMITTEE.
42nd lnternational Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba 2015
REGULATION 1 – DATES
The 42nd lnternational Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba 2015, realized bythe Piracicaba City Haii/Cultural Action Secretariat/National Graphic Humor Center of Piracicaba in will be held in accordance with the followings scheduIe – Registration until July 17. Selection: 25 and 26 July. Awards: August 15. Opening: August 22. Closing: 04 October. 2 – PARTICIPATION
Professional and amateur artists, Brazilians and foreigners can apply unpublished artworks that were not awarded until the closing date for entries.The theme is free.
The works – all categories – can be sent by MAlL or ELECTRONIC (applications over the Internet on the official website, in the format and 300 DPI, JPEG, attached Images at once). The graphical technique is free. Digital copies signed by author and being indicated that it is print number 01 and sculptures, with humorous content will also be accepted. Maximum measures allowed: paper- 42 x 30 centimeters (A3) (16,54 x 11,81 inches), sculptures – 42 centimeters or 16,54 inches (height) x 30 centimeters or 11,81 inches (depth) x 30 centimeters or 11,8 1inches (width).
Each artist may enter a maximum of 03 works per category: Cartoon (graphic humor with universal and timeless themes), Charge (graphic humor with journalistic themes of now a days), Caricature (graphic humor that expresses the physical and/or personality of a known celebrity), Comic Strips/Comic Stories (graphic art in sequence. Caution: for comic stories will be accepted a maximum of 02 pages per work) and Theme CORRUPTION (only for works that address the theme CORRUPTION, proposed by the organization).
Along the registered artwork, the artist must attach a complete registration form with legibly writing. lt is also requested reduced curriculum and photo, for registration in the CEDHU’s data base.
2.1 – Sent by MAlL 42º Salão Internacional de Humor de Piracicaba – Av. Dr. Maurice Allain, 454 – Caixa Postal 12 – CEP 13.405-123 Piracicaba SP Brasil IMPORTANT: The work submitted must be accompanied by the registration form, duly completed and signed by the author.
2.2 – Sent by ELECTRONIC http://salaodehumor.piracicaba.sp.gov.br/humor/inscricoes-2015/
IMPORTANT: Uploaded files should be named as follows: artist name_country_number. Example: paulosilva_brazil_01 3 – AWARDS
The Awards are a totaI of R$ 51.500,00 (fifty-one thousand and five hundred reais) divided as follows:
a) Five 1st place prizes in the amount of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) each, divided among the categories.
b) One award of R$ 10.000,00 (ten thousand reais) called GRAND PRIZE INTERNATIONAL HUMOR OF PIRACICABA chosen among the five winners of each category.
c) One prize called Popular Jury “Alceu Marozi Righetto”, in the value of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais),chosen by online open voting. The contestants to this award will be selected by the Awarding Committee. The indicated, such as the schedule and the local for the voting will be announced on the event’s opening.
d) Also planned: a prize of R$ 3.131,11(three thousand one hundred thirty-one reais and eleven cents) called CHAMBER OF MUNICIPAL OF PIRACICABA award, exclusively for the caricature category; a prize of R$ 3.500,00 (three thousand five hundred reais) called UNIMED HEALTH AWARD for work for any category that explore the themes of health and a prize of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) called ÁGUAS DO MIRANTE AWARD, intended to work by Brazilian authors in any category.
Beside the money prize, the awarded artists will be receiving trophies (a creation of Zélio Alves Pinto). Other awards and honors may be imposed at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
There will be a Selection Jury and an Award Jury composed by qualified people in the area. lf the Award Jury finds any type of fraud or pIagiarism in one or more registered works, the Jury may cancel the award. The result of the award may be contested until a week after the opening of the Exhibition, with reasonable evidence of any wrong doing without acknowledgement of the committee. 4 – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The simple application requires the artist to accept these regulations. The selected artists automatically transfer the authorial rights of his artworks for reproductions and publications in any media, without restriction, aiming promotion of the event. The returning of the artworks after the closing of the exhibition must be formally requested early in the registration form. Otherwise the artworks will ultimately belong to the collection of the NationaI Graphic Humor Center of Piracicaba, which will exercise the right of property, as it finds interesting.
The organization of the 42th lnternational Exhibition Humor of Piracicaba is not responsible for possible damages that may happen when the arts are sent or returned.
The authors transfer automatically Authorial Rights of his artworks when awarded acquisitivetely (including mentions), in accordance with the Law n 9610, February 19st, 1988 (Authorial Rights Law),therefore, universal and definitely in all use modalities and gratuitous, the rights of the author, guaranteed by the mentioned law; referring to the awarded artworks in the lnternational Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba and now integrant part of Municipal Public Property for the purposes of entitlements, in accordance with the Municipal Law n 2249,1976, partially amended by the Municipal Law n 2486-1982 and consolidated by the Municipal Law n 5194-2002.
The Polish cartoonist Pawel Kuczynski did win the 20th edition of the Euro-kartoenale.
The international jury selected the work of Kuczynski out of 1815 cartoons of 532 cartoonists of 71 countries.
The Italian Marco D’Agostino and Paolo Dalponte did win the second and third prize.
All prize-winning cartoons on source: ecc-kruishoutem.
1 - PARTICIPATION: 07 April to 14 June 2015.
The 7th Salão Medplan de Humor is open to all graphic artists, in charge and / or cartoon modalities.
The opening of the Exhibition will be July 19, with the announcement of winners.
Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five (5) unpublished works in the format 30x40 cm and using any technique. On the back of each drawing, or in registration/e-mail must include the author's full name, address, email, phone number, ID number, social security number and bank account.
The artist can participate by sending their work through the website www.medplan.com.br (with maximum size of 3 megabytes), sending to email@example.com or sending the originals to: 7º Salão Medplan de Humor Rua Coelho Rodrigues, 1921 Centro CEP: 64000-080 Teresina-PI BRAZIL
2 - THEME
The theme of the 6th Salão Medplan de Humor will ENVY.
3 - AWARDS
First prize: R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais)
Second Place: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand reais)
Internet Award: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais).
Medplan Award Caricature: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Theme free.
The Internet Award will be chosen by Internet users, 9-13 June at the site: www.medplan.com.br
The best works will be part of the traveling exhibition of the 7th Salão Medplan de Humor. The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the acquis Medplan. The works will not be returned.
May not participate in this hall officials Medplan, their relatives and anyone involved in your organization.
The simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms.
Other information: +55 (86) 9975 2514.
„ 1st INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION SISAK 2015 “
The organizer of the 1st International Cartoon Exibition Sisak 2015 is the City of Sisak, Croatian Cartoonist Association and Museum of the City of Sisak.
The project leader and the president of the Organizing Committee Mr. Nenad Ostojić.
The festival is open to everyone, regardless nationality, age, sex, or profession.
„Jazz & Blues“ (gag or caricature portrait to the set topic).
1. Original works and digital artworks will be accepted. Digital artworks is to be numbered in pencil on the front and pencil signed. Copies cannot be admitted.
2. Entries can be either black and white or coloured.
3. There should be the name, the surname and the address on the reverse side of the cartoons.
4. The cartoons must not have bee previously awarded on festival.
5. Maximum 3 entries will be submitted.
6. Size of entries is a A4 or A3 format (300 dpi).
Entry deadline is the 25th of june 2015.
E. ADDRESS For: „1st International Cartoon Exibition Sisak 2015 (MIKS2015)“ Gradski muzej u Sisku, Ulica kralja Tomislava 10, 44000 Sisak, HRVATSKA
F. PRIZES AND AWARDS
First Prize - 400 EUR,
Second Prize – 250 EUR,
Third Prize – 150 EUR,
Five Special mentions.
The exhibitons will be staged in the Gallery of the City Mussem in Sisak from 30.06.2015 to 30.07.2015.
H. OTHER CONDITIONS
As this is the first international exhibiton of caricatures in Sisak, all the authors are kindly asked to leave their works (at least one) to the property of the organizers.
Only at explicit request will the remaining (original) works be returned to the owners at the end of the exhibition cycle (in the second half of the year 2016).
Authors of the works that qualify to the exhibition are given a presentation copy od the exhibition cataloque.
The organizer reserves the right to reproduce the works sent to the festival, Sisak 2015, as the advertising material, without being obliged to pay a fee to the author whose work may be used.
The prize-winning works become the property of the organizer.
J. THE JURY
1. Damir Novak – (cartoonist)
2. Nik Titanik (Nikola Plečko) – (cartoonist),
3. Darijana Gotal Sokolović – (cartoonist)
4. Damir Kukuruzović – (musician).
Syria Cartoon website present The 11th International Cartoon Contest SYRIA 2015
Regulations T h e m e :
Cartoon: The Victory
Caricature section: Free
• 3 cartoons max, A4, 200 dpi, JPG/JPEG and free techniques.
• Deadline: 25 / 4 / 2015
• Prizes: Golden, Silver, Bronze and 5 Special Prizes.
• Jury members will be considered as participants in the exhibition
and represent their own countries.
Their names will be automatically added to the List of Participants
(They will participate only in exhibition,
Not in contest (just honorary participation).
• Cartoons can be used for any promotion purposes
(Printing, websites, Newspapers, posters, invitation cards....etc)
without the permission of the artist and without any payment.
• Cartoons must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist’s recent C.V, address (doc format), and personal photo.
Syria Cartoon website: www.raedcartoon.com.
(Updated on 08.04.2015)
2015 Golden Hat: Point of view of the jury
On Saturday 24 January the jury announced the winners of the Golden Hat of Knokke-Heist's Cartoon Festival.
The announcement of the winners sparked a discussion on social media regarding the originality of the works. Is it plagiarism or not? Point of view of the jury
The jury of the Cartoon Festival followed the discussion with considerable admiration. It is an interesting discussion for which no clear-cut answer can be given.
The jury is of the opinion that the works are not copies and therefore do not constitute plagiarism.
The jury emphasises there are essential differences in the drawings. We therefore consider every winning cartoon to be an authentic cartoon.
The organisation of the Cartoon Festival will have the description of plagiarism studied in more detail and possibly adopt measures to prevent similar discussions in the future.
On behalf of the jury of the Cartoon Festival
Results of the 21st International Cartoon Competition on the Topic of Beer "The Golden Keg 2015"
At its session in the Šariš Gallery in Prešov on 10.3.2015, the Jury of the competition, consisting of:
Mgr. Janette Langová, Councillor of the Prešov City Council and Jury Chairman
Dušan Pončák, Academic Sculptor
Rasťo Visokai, Cartoonist
Ľubica Kotalová, Šariš Gallery in Prešov
Fedor Vico, Cartoonist, Representative of the Beer Gallery and Competition Officer
in line with the rules of the competition, the Jury came to the following decision: Grand Prix: Gabriel Rusu, Romania
1st Prize: Henryk Cebula, Poland
2nd Prize: Roman Kubec, Czech Republic
3rd Prize: Sergey Semendyaev, Ukraine Special Prizes:
Czech Union of Cartoonists Prize: Radek Steska, Czech Republic
Bulgarian Cultural Institute Prize: Valentín Georgiev, Bulgaria
Igor Ševčík Prize: Bobo Pernecký, Slovakia
Beer Gallery Prešov Prize : Slawomir Makal, Poland Honorable Mentions:
Peter Kvanka and Milan Mihaľko, Slovakia
Pei Dong Iou, China
Nikolaj Kapusta, Ukraine
Zhao Yun Sheng Hi, China
Stephen Mumberson, England
Cornel-Martin Chiorean, Romania
Olexy Kustovsky, Ukraine
Jordan Pop-Iliev, Macedonia
Alexander Zudin, Russia
Jan Pillvein, Czech Republic
Vjekoslav Bojat, Montenegro
Severin Šikanja, Serbia
R. C. Rodriguez, Cuba
Konstantin Kazanchev, Ukraine
Vitaly Bondar, Belarus.
(Source: Ivan Hanousek).
The list of authors which cartoons/caricatures will be included into the final catalog V of the International competition of caricatures/cartoons "Totalitarianism". The big /30cm х40cm/ request to send cartoons/caricatures till April 1, 2015 to the address: Kherson, Ukraine, 73034, p.o. box 16, Kruhov Valerii. Australia
1.Lоuís PauL Belarus
2.Pavel Dorokhin Bulgaria
4.Valentin Georgiev Hungary
5.Ishtvan Kelemen Germany
6.Pavel Taussig Russia
9.Valery Tarasenko Romania
11. Douro Alicante
14.Sergey Sichenko Iran
15.Yaser Delfan Italy
16.Carlo Maino Spain
17.Juli Sanchez Avado Poland
20.Zbignev Neveglovski Croatia
21.Emil Strnisha Cuba
23.Pluis Praat Macedonia
24.Jordan Pop Iliyev Turkey
25.Oguz Gurel Ukraine
34. Zinoviev Aleksandr.