7th International "Smiling Cat" Cartoon Web Contest 2014
Contest: Open to all cartoonists
Deadline: 20 December 2014
They should be cartoon, drawn in 2014..!
ENTRIES: Max. 2 cartoons TECHNICAL INFO:
A4 size max. 100 dpi, format (JPEG).
Black & white or colored,
any style, any technique will be accepted.
Name, address, tel. and e-mail.
At the end of competition there will be an exhibition
on internet from the selected cartoons.
The participant must send their photo
along with their autobiography.
All cartoonists can participate through their own
e-mail by submitting your cartoons to: email@example.com PRIZES:
First Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Second Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Third Smiling Cat prize: Medal
Honourable mentions: 5 (certificate).
The results will be on http://www.cartooncenter.net
on 30 December, 2014, right after the international juries' evaluation.
Address: Az 1000, Post BOX N0 1, Baku-Azerbaijan.
REGULATIONS The 9th International Biennial of Caricature THE GOLDEN SMILE – BELGRADE 2014
• The ninth International Biennial of Caricature THE GOLDEN SMILE – BELGRADE 2014, organised by the ULUPUDS (Association of Fine and Applied Artists and Designers of Serbia) and The Union of Cartoonists of Serbia FECO, in colaboration with the Atelier winery Shapart, Novi Slankamen.
• The competition is open to artists from all over the world.
• Theme of the exhibition: VIVA WINE
• Each author is to submit original works (all fine or graphic arts techniques are accepted). Author may enter unlimited number of works. The maximum size of one caricature is 42 X 29.7 cm (format A3) and minimal size is A4 (29.7 X 21 cm). Digital prints signed by the author, will also be accepted, preferably accompanied with a CD (jpg, tif, psd, 300 dpi).
• The selection of works and the decision on awards will be made by an international Jury appointed by the Exhibition Council.
1st Prize: “The Golden Smile” gold medal and 500 EUR
2nd Prize: 300 EUR
2 X 3rd Prize: 100 EUR (in wine).
• The works with the author’s name and address, or with the sticker filled and pasted on the back (or the photocopy of the sticker) should arrive BY DECEMBER 1st, 2014 to the following address: ULUPUDS (»The Golden Smile«) Terazije 26/II, 11000 Belgrade, SERBIA
or send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
To avoid custom problems, please write DOCUMENT, NO VALUE on the envelope.
• The exhibits shall not be returned to the artists and will remain in the Association’s collection. All exibitors authorise the organiser to reproduce their works without reimbursement, for advertising purposes of the exhibition. The exhibition will be shown in other towns in Serbia and abroad.
• The organiser will publish an illustrated catalogue of the exhibition and all exhibitors will obtain it free of charge. By sending his works, each exhibitor accept the conditions mentioned above.
• These regulations are subject to interpretation of the Council of the Exhibition. President of the Exhibition Council and author of the exhibition is Prof. Jugoslav Vlahović, graphic artist and cartoonist.
• For all the further information please contact Ljubica Jelisavac Katić, curator ULUPUDS:
telephone/fax: +381 11 2685 780
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: https://www.facebook.com/zoran.petrovic.35977897/posts/1504150829825876 .
Results of the Forth International Productivity Cartoon Festival 2014, Iran
Main theme: Productivity in education system
First Prize: Hicabi Demirci(Top)
Second Prize: Atefe Yariyan
Third Prize: Valentin Druzhinin - Mahmood Azadniya. Selected:
Sava Babic Children's Part:
Faranak Mohammad Hoseynzadeh
Oğuz Tuna Orak.
All winning-cartoons on rahimcartoon.
Indian artist Shankar Pamarthy, with a caricature of Nelson Mandela, is the winner of the World Press Cartoon 2014 Grand Prix. The cartoon was published in «Sakshi Daily» newspaper, from Hyderabad, the capital city of the Indian states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. WINNERS GRAND PRIX WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2014
«Mandela» | Shankar Pamarthy | India (Top) CARICATURE
1st Prize – «Mandela» | Shankar | India | «Sakshi», Hyderabad, India
2nd prize – «Hugo Chavez | Alfredo Sabat | Argentina | «La Nación», Buenos Aires, Argentina
3rd prize – «Barack Obama» | Yaser Khanbarai | Iran | «Etefaghyeb», Iran Honourable mentions
«Franck Ribéry» | Carbajo | Spain | «El Jueves», Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
«Nelson Mandela» | Cau Gomez | Brazil | «A Tarde», Salvador, Brazil
«Patriarch Kirill» | Aivar Johanson | Estonia | «Eesti Ekspress», Tallinn, Estonia
«Captain Obama» | by Marco Spadari | Italy | «La Vita Cattolica», Cremona, Italy. EDITORIAL CARTOON
1st prize – «Untitled» | Zarko Luetic | Croatia | «Pikac», Prelog, Croatia
2nd prize – «The Scream in the Vatican» | Riber Hansson | Sweden | «Sydsvenskan», Malmo, Sweden
3rd prize – «Migration Reform» | Angel Boligan | Mexico | «Foreign Affairs Latin America», Mexico City Honourable mentions
«Why China is not a superpower yet» | Ninja | Philippines | «Gulf News», Dubai, United Arab Emirates
«North versus South» | Kountouris | Greece | «Efimerida ton Syntakton», Athens, Greece
«Big Ears» | Joep Bertrams | The Netherlands | «De Groene Amsterdammer», Amsterdam, The Netherlands
«Pistolius» | Helio Flores | Mexico | «El Universal», Mexico City
«Europe after Austerity» | Tom Janssen, The Netherlands | «Trouw», Amsterdam, The Netherlands
«Boston Marathon» | Jarbas Domingos | Brazil | «Diario de Pernambuco», Recife, Brazil. GAG CARTOON
1st prize – «Coins in the Bread» | Agim Sulaj | Albania | «Romagna Corriere», Rimini, Italy
2nd prize – «Poker» | Leslie Ricciardi | Uruguay| «Búsqueda», Montevideo, Uruguay
3rd prize – «Picasso, Dalí, and the Egg» | David Vela | Spain | «Los Diletantes», Zaragoza, Spain Honourable mentions
«Brain» | Dikan | Serbia | «Politika», Belgrade, Serbia
«Adam and Eve in Salafist Paradise» | Brito | France | «Feco News», Hillegom, The Netherlands
«Flood» | Valery Tarasenko | Russia | «Fontan», Odessa, Ukraine
«Ferris Wheel» | Kountouris | Greece | «Shedia», Athens, Greece
«The Intruder» | Angel Boligan | Mexico | «El Universal», Mexico City.
Feel free to comment on World Press Cartoon 2014 awards at the official WPC Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Press-Cartoon/388630857847505.
Winners in the 8th International Cartoon Biennial "Grafikatur 2014"
245 artists from 49 countries sent in 613 works. WINNERS:
First Prize: Olaf Bartoschek, Germany (Top)
Second Prize: Pawel Kuczynski, Poland
Third Prize: Miroslav Miro Georgijevski, Macedonia
Special Award: Dimitri Drozdov, Russia.
The award ceremony will take place at the exhibition opening
of "GRAFIKATUR" at City Hall on 04/11/2014 at 17:00.
Exhibition period: 04/11/2014 - 30/01/2015.
More on source. Catalog in PDF.
The 1st international cooperative cartoon festival is organized by the Halandri Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise. Participation
The festival is open to everyone regardless of nationality, age, sex or profession. Theme Cooperatives: What is a cooperative? Cooperative principles and social economy. How workers’ cooperatives, social cooperatives and other types of enterprises owned by their workers can foster new ways of acting and thinking? How can teamwork in general contribute to social transformation? Free: Let your imagination run wild!
All works (cartoons or strips) must be without dialogue or text. Entry Conditions
All entries must be original works. Framed works will not be accepted.
Entries can be either black & white or colored.
The name, surname and address of the participant should be indicated on the reverse side of cartoons.
Maximum 3 entries per participant.
Maximum entry format size is A3 (40x30 cm). Electronic entries must be in JPG or PDF format (200 dpi). Files must not exceed 5 MB. Deadline
Deadline for entries is 26 October 2014. Address Halandri Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise 1st International Cooperative Cartoon Festival 42 Aristotelous Street 15234 Halandri, Greece
Works can be sent via email to: email@example.com
Alternatively, they can be sent via the following services:
Google Drive (http://drive.google.com)
Accepting, short-listing, and final selection of works falls entirely upon the Jury nominated by the Artistic Direction of the International Cooperative Cartoon Festival. The final results will be communicated directly to all participants via email and published at www.cooplife.org. The Jury’s decisions cannot be contested. Awards
International Cooperative Cartoon Festival (single award)
Parents Social Cooperative Enterprise (single special award)
Traditional Cooperatives (single special award)
Other special awards or honorary mentions may be awarded. Opening Ceremony, Award Ceremony, Exhibition
The opening ceremony and the prize awarding ceremony will be announced at www.cooplife.org at the end of November.
Authors of short-listed works will receive a free copy of the exhibition catalogue (dvd). Non-selected participants will have the possibility to request the catalogue by filling in the respective electronic form at www.cooplife.org.
The works selected for the exhibition and the catalogue will not be returned and they will be included in the International Cooperative Cartoon Festival Museum collection.
Non-selected paper works will be returned only after request by the author (who will also bear the shipping cost) and no later than February 22, 2015. The organizer is not responsible for any damage that may occur during transport.
The organizer reserves the right to reproduce the works sent to the 1st International Cooperative Cartoon Festival without paying any fee to the authors.
The competition for the 7th Edition of the International Prize in Humour and Satire “Novello:
A Gentleman of Good Family" accepted only unpublished drawings and in electronic format.
Theme : EXPO 2015 to address "food" WINNERS:
1st Prize: Maxim Smagin "Vitruvian Man" (Top)
Too Much Waste – International Cartoon Contest Organizer
STKH Sopron és Térsége Környezetvédelmi és Hulladékgazdálkodási Nonprofit Kft.
Application begins 1. October, 2014.
Deadline for entries 10. November 2014. Theme
The STKH Sopron és Térsége Kft. invites all professional and amateur cartoonists, satirical artists and graphic designers to an international cartoon contest with the theme „The prevention of the accumulation of waste” Awards
I. prize: 300 €
II. prize: 200 €
III. prize: 100 € General rules
Entries can be sent via post or e-mail to the organiser of the contest.
Size of entries received by post should be A/3.
Cartoons sent by emails should be in JPEG format (300 dpi), sized at about 2500 pixels wide if in portrait format and 3500 pixels wide if in landscape format. Competition details
• All participants must be 14 or older.
• Previously published cartoons are not allowed for submission.
• Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
• Postal address for entries: STKH Sopron és Térsége Kft, Sopron, Pf. 101, 9401, Hungary
Entries received by post will not be returned.
• Email address for entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cartoons sent by email should contain the surname of the participant and a two digit serial number. A txt, doc or docx format text is required with the same two digit serial number, which includes the data of the participant and the cartoon. (listed below)
• Attachment of works received either by post or by email should include:
o Title of the work
o Phone number,
o Email address of the applicant. Jury
Works will be judged by a professional jury.
The jury will automatically disqualify any submission deemed offensive or inappropriate or any submission that violates copyright law or the rules of the competition.
A notification of the result of the competition will be sent to the provided email address by 14. November 2014. Exhibition
The 50 best submissions to the competition will be displayed on STKH’s website in the „Programok / Too Much Waste” section from 22. November 2014.
The best submissions will be exclusively exhibited as a part of the European Week for Waste Reduction programme. The exhibition can be viewed at the Liszt Ferenc Conference an Cultural Center in Sopron from 22. November 2014. Information
Further information about the competition will be constantly posted on STKH’s homepage.
Special professional advice can be asked of the competition’s artistic director Szénási Ferenc at the following email address: email@example.com.
The competition organizer claims the rights for all submission.
By taking part in the competition, all participants agree to the conditions and regulations of the competition.
By entering the contest, the participants accept that any decision made by the jury is not negotiable. We wish good luck to all participants!
STKH Sopron és Térsége Környezetvédelmi és Hulladékgazdálkodási Nonprofit Kft.
Results XII International Cartoon Contest KARPIK 2014, Niemodlin - Poland
Jury meeting on 3 October 2014 chaired by Henryk Cebula with members
Michał Graczyk, Jarosław Stojko, Małgorzata Biedroń, Małgorzata Bialik. WINNERS:
GRAND PRIX: Zbigniew Woźniak (Poland) (Top) Three awards 1.000 zł each:
Award of Cegielni Niemodlin: Tomasz Rzeszutek (Poland)
Award of Banku Spółdzielczego w Namysłowie: Jiri Novak (Czech Rep)
Award of Nadleśnictwa Tułowice: Jacek Frąckiewicz (Poland) Awards of Agencji Rynku Rolnego Oddziału Terenowego w Opolu:
I Prize: Paweł Nawrot (Poland)
II Prize: Maciej Trzepałka (Poland)
III Prize: Dariusz Pietrzak (Poland). Award of Stowarzyszenia Ruchu Rozwoju Regionu w Nysie: Bartłomiej Belniak (Poland) Prize sponsored by Antoniego Hasenbecka: Magdalena Wosik (Poland) Award of Ornament z Nysy: Piotr Rychel (Poland) Mayor of Niemodlin's Prize: Sławomir Lizoń (Poland) Honor Prizes – diplomas:
Chiorean Cornel-Marin (Romania)
Musa Gumus (Turkey)
Krzysztof Grzondziel (Poland)
Luc Descheemaeker (Belgium)
Piotr Opałka (Poland)
Wiesław Lipecki (Poland).
Results of Cartoon Contest "Wine and Humor" 2014 Festival du dessin d'humour et de la caricature de Brugairolles (11)
More than 125 works from 20 countries participated in the event. WINNERS:
1. Recep Ozcan (Turkey) (Top)
2. V. Mohylny (Ukraine)
3. M. Eshonkulov ( Uzbekistan )
4. Valentin Georgiev (Bulgaria)
5. V. Kazanevsky (Ukraine).
All prize-winning cartoons on festival page.
7. INTERNATIONAL CARTOON/CARICATURE CONTEST - MAGAZINE “NOSOROG” (“RHINOCERVS”)
The organizer of 7th International cartoon/caricature contest is The International magazine for satire, humor and cartoons “Nosorog” ( “Rhinocervs”; www.nosorog.rs.sr ). The contest is opened for professional or amateur cartoonists, from any country, any nationality, age, sex, or profession.
THEME: BIG & BIGGEST PHILOSOPHERS In 19th and 20th Century Prizes:
First Prize: 300 euros + Diploma
Second Prize: Diploma
Third Prize: Diploma
Five ( 5 ) Special Diplomas Conditions of entry:
1. Technic: any Technic will be accepted
2. IMPORTANT: Write on each caricature which philosopher you present! (you may find photos of philosophers on Wikipedia, or somewhere other on net)
3. Entries: maximum 7 entries will be submitted
4. Size of entries: A4, A3 format
5. Send your name, surname, address and the E-mail
6. You may send by post or by E-mail
7. E-mail for sending art-work: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: 300 dpi resolution; JPG, JPEG format
8. If you send by post, address is: MAGAZINE “NOSOROG” CARA DUŠANA 4 78000 BANJA LUKA REPUBLIKA SRPSKA Bosnia and Herzegovina Note: Please, do not send originals, because we will not send you back!
Entry deadline is the December 15th 2014.
10. Names of Philosophers:
1. Arthur Schopenhauer (Germany)
2. Søren Aabye Kierkegaard - (Denmark)
3. Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche - (Germany)
4. Auguste Comte – (France)
5. John Stuart Mill – (England)
6. Herbert Spencer – (England)
7. Alexander von Humboldt – (Germany)
8. Gustav Theodor Fechner – (Germany)
9. Rudolf Hermann Lotze - (Germany)
10. Friedrich Adolf Trendelenburg – (Germany)
11. Karl Robert Eduard von Hartmann – (Germany)
12. Ernst Kuno Berthold Fischer – (Germany)
13. Friedrich Albert Lange - (Germany)
14. Hermann Cohen - (Germany)
15. Paul Gerhard Natorp - (Germany)
16. Ernst Cassirer - (Germany)
17. Wilhelm Windelband - (Germany)
18. Heinrich John Rickert - (Germany)
19. Richard Kroner - (Germany)
20. Benedetto Croce - (Italy)
21. Giovanni Gentile - (Italy)
22. Mikhail Alexandrovich Bakunin - (Russia)
23. Ivan Alexandrovich Ilyin - (Russia)
24. Charles Sanders Peirce - (USA)
25. William James - (USA)
26. John Dewey - (USA)
27. Charles W. Morris - (USA)
28. Richard McKay Rorty - (USA)
29. Richard Heinrich Ludwig Avenarius - (Switzerland)
30. Ernst Waldfried Josef Wenzel Mach - (Austria)
31. Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás, known as: George Santayana - (Spain-USA)
32. Henri Bergson - (France)
33. Wilhelm Dilthey (Germany)
34. Georg Simmel - (Germany)
35. Oswald Arnold Gottfried Spengler - (Germany)
36. Nikolay Yakovlevich Danilevsky - (Russia)
37. Semyon Lyudvigovich Frank - (Russia)
38. George Edward Moore - (England)
39. Bertrand Arthur William Russell - (England)
40. Ludwig Josef Johann Wittgenstein - (Austria-England)
41. Bernhard Placidus Johann Nepomuk Bolzano - Bernard Bolzano - (Czech Kingdom, Bohemian Kingdom)
42. Franz Clemens Honoratus Hermann Brentano - Franz Brentano - (Germany)
43. Edmund Gustav Albrecht Husserl - Edmund Husserl - (Germany)
44. Max Ferdinand Scheler - (Germany)
45. Gustav Gustavovich Shpet - (Russia-SSSR)
46. Nicolai Hartmann - (Russia-Germany)
47. Martin Heidegger - (Germany)
48. Martin Buber - (Austria-Israel)
49. Emmanuel Levinas - (Russia-France)
50. Gabriel Honoré Marcel - (France)
51. Karl Theodor Jaspers - (Germany)
52. Nikolai Alexandrovich Berdyaev - (Russia-France)
53. Žan Pol Sartr (France) - Jean-Paul Sartre
54. Miguel de Unamuno y Jugo - (Spain)
55. José Ortega y Gasset - (Spain)
56. Max Horkheimer - (Germany)
57. Theodor W. Adorno - (Germany)
58. Walter Bendix Schönflies Benjamin - Walter Benjamin - (Germany)
59. Herbert Marcuse - (Germany-USA)
60. Erich Seligmann Fromm - (Germany-Mexico-Switzerland)
61. Jürgen Habermas - (Germany)
62. Niklas Luhmann - (Germany)
63. György Lukács - (Hungary)
64. Karl Korsch - (Germany)
65. Ernst Bloch - (Germany)
66. Gajo Petrović (Yugoslavia)
67. Étienne Gilson - (France)
68. Konstantin Eduardovich Tsiolkovsky - (Russia)
69. Nikolay Alekseevich Umov - (Russia)
70. Nikolai Fyodorovich Fyodorov - (Russia)
71. Vladimir Ivanovich Vernadsky - (Russia)
72. Vladimir Sergeyevich Solovyov - (Russia)
73. Pavel Alexandrovich Florensky - (Russia)
74. Karl Raimund Popper - (Austria-England)
75. Thomas Samuel Kuhn - (USA)
76. Paul Karl Feyerabend - (Austria-USA)
77. Claude Lévi-Strauss - (France)
78. Michel Foucault - (France)
79. Jacques Marie Émile Lacan - (France)
80. Ferdinand de Saussure - (Switzerland-France)
81. Jacques Derrida - (France)
82. Hans-Georg Gadamer - (Germany)
83. Merab Mamardashvili - (SSSR)
84. Eugen Fink - (Germany)
… (also, you may draw some others)
Plus: Milan Uzelac (Serbia).
11. EXHIBITION: The exhibition will take place in the gallery of the National Library of Republika Srpska, city Banja Luka
12 - IMPORTANT NOTE: In the event that the State, from which awarded is, under international sanctions, the organizer is not liable if it can not deliver the prize!
13. Note: Sender must be author of caricatures!
14. Jury members:
Mrs. Maria Claudia Re, cartoonist, illustrator, designer - Argentina
Mr. Aleksandar Blatnik, painter, cartoonist - Serbia
Mr. Milenko Kosanovich, cartoonist - Serbia
Mr. Milenko Mihajlovich, painter, cartoonist - Serbia
Mr. Vladica Milenkovich, writer, Editor in Chief, Serbia
Mr. Miladin Berich, writer, Editor, Republika Srpska/BA
Mr. Goran Kljajich, writer, Chief Editor of “Nosorog”, Republika Srpska/BA.
We wish you good art-work and successful participation to everyone. International magazine for satire, cartoon and caricature “Nosorog” (“Rhinocervs”)
City Banja Luka