Received an e-mail with the regulation of a new cartoon contest: THE INTERNATIONAL CARTOON COMPETITION 2015 -- MADE IN CHINA. The themes of the competition: a) MADE IN CHINA b) FREE. Participant send electronic edition (JEPG, 300 dpi) to: email@example.com . If your works are selected, you send the original works to us.
Well, to whom to send the original works if selected?
To the e-mail address that seems to be the only organisator for the time being?
If not selected, what would happen with all the 12 cartoon ideas (maximum 6 each theme) of each participating cartoonist? Plagiarized, copied, sold to third parties?!
It is already 3 years now that we haven't had a pirate cartoon competition and finally it emerged again. Somebody is looking for the original ideas of honest creative cartoonists to paint or sell cartoons by his/her name! Not very difficult to guess the name(s)! No cartoonist will participate I hope, no website shall put the regulation or promote this fishy competition MADE IN CHINA. If any cartoon website editor doesn't want to belong to the gang of thieves of cartoon ideas, s/he should take the emergency action and delete the false announcement of the fake competition.
See the recent history of fake cartoon competitions here.
Memorial Park “October in Kragujevac” Desankin venac bb KRAGUJEVAC SERBIA
DEAR FRIENDS CATOONISTS,
In memory of the severe crime that happened in Kragujevac in 1941, 74 years ago, when the German occupying forces executed several thousand of innocent civilians in just one day, also sincerely wishing the peace to may prevail in the world, especially today when it sinks into the abyss of the world war
The City of Kragujevac a n n o u n c e s THE 18TH INTERNATIONAL SALON OF ANTIWAR CARTOON «KRAGUJEVAC 2015»
The International jury will make a selection out of submitted cartoons which is to be exhibited and published in the Salon’s catalog. Besides, the following prizes are to be awarded: The Grand Prix «The Peace Messanger» and 1.500 euros prize is to be awarded by the International Association of Peace Messanger Cities The Gold Plague and 1.000 euros prize The Silver Plague and 800 euros prize The Bronze Plague and 500 euros prize The Mayor of Bydgoszcz (Poland) Award, amounts 750 euros The City of Ingolstadt (Germany) Award, amounts 500 euros The City of Bielsko-Biala (Poland) Award, amounts 500 euros The City of Suresnes (France) Award, amounts 500 euros The City of Pitesti (Romania) Award, amounts 500 euros The City of Carrara (Italy) Award, amounts 500 euros
The prize fund is 7.050 euros in total. The Jury might additionally award several diplomas to close contenders.
Cartoonists and fine artists from all over the world have the right to participate. They should submit at most three (3) cartoons, which have not been awarded by any other international competition, on the subjects of antiwar as well as solidarity between people and nations. The artworks should be utmost A4-A3 formated, while art technique is at the artist’s choice, including electronical version of the cartoon with the original signature. On the back of the artwork there should be written data on the artist (such as: name, surname, address, phone/fax, e-mail).
Every selected entrant will receive free catalogue.
The submission deadline is September 11, 2015. The jury session is to be held on September 12-13, 2015.
The cartoons are to be sent to the following address: SALON ANTIRATNE KARIKATURE, Spomen park «Kragujevacki oktobar», Desankin venac bb, 34000 Kragujevac, Srbija,
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted artworks are not to be returned, they remain in the Salon’s collection. NOTE: The International Antiwar Cartoon Salon had so far the strongest international promotion and afirmation. On the occasion of the award ceremony the prizes were handed over and the exhibition was opened in Kragujevac. Afterwards, the Salon exhibition displays in many cities and international organuzations all over the world. The Salon exhibition was displayed at the United Nations Palace in New York, in the European Commission Charlemagne building showroom. Then, the chosen artworks at the 17th Salon were exhibited in Kragujevac, Polish cities of Oswiecim (Auschwitz), Bidgoszcz, Plonsk, Wielun, Torun, Pitesti (Romania), Ingolstadt (Germany) and New Haven (USA).
Again, the Salon has got the invitation to set the show in Novi Pazar (Serbia), Suresnes (France) and Carrara (Italy). Miodrag Stojilovic
Director of the Salon of antiwar cartoon www.antiwar.kragujevac.rs.
Turkish graphic artist Cemalettin Yıldız exhibits his work at the Museum House of Humour and Satire from 16 May until 30 September 2015. He is the winner of Golden Aesop, the Grand Prix in the 21st Biennial Gabrovo 2013.
The exhibition poster is designed by Yordanka Shiyakova.
Gura Humorului Townhall
Suceava County Council The Bucovina Cultural Centre
Mănăstirea Humorului Village hall „HUMOR......AT GURA HUMORULUI”, THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CARTOON AND HUMOROUS LITERATURE The 25nd edition, 2015
The 24nd edition of „Humor......at Gura Humorului”, the International Festival of
Cartoon and Humorous Literature will be held between 10th and 12th of July, 2015.
THE CONTEST REGULATIONS CARTOONS
1. The Edition theme: TAKE YOUR MASK OFF !
2. Original works are accepted, in digital format, created after January, 1st, 2014, which were not published and submitted or awarded prizes to other competitions.
3. Two (2) is the number of papers accepted.
4. The works will be submitted by June 25th, 2015 (posting date) on the following addresses:
email: email@example.com or postal address: Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina, Piaţa Republicii, nr. 2, 725300-Gura Humorului, judeţul Suceava, România.
5. Technical requirements:
- Papers sent by e-mail: minimum1600 x 1200 pixels, JPG format
- Papers sent by regular postal mail: format A3
- The technique used for the works will be at the free choice of the artist
6. The works are not to be returned. They will be added to the patrimony of the „Humor......at Gura Humorului” Festival and the organizers are entitled to use them later as edited materials with the name of their author on them.
7. The participants are required the following documents enclosed with their works: the completed entry form attached (see below), a brief CV and a personal photography/cartoon self portrait of minimum 6x9cm (on paper) or 710x1065pix. (digital format).
8. The prizewinners will be notified by July 10th, 2015 to be present for the Awards Festivity held on Sunday, July 12th, 2015.
9. Transport expenses, accomodation and meals are the responsibility of the participant or the organization/institution he/she is part of. The organizers will be notified in due time to make the necessary reservations.
10. The prizes to be awarded:
1st Prize : EUR 500
2nd Prize : EUR 300
3rd Prize : EUR 200
The "George Gavrilean" Prize for the debutantes in Bucovina - EUR 200.
11. The jury are the ones who decide upon awarding or not awarding or re-allocating the prizes. In addition, the jury will decide upon the works or the authors to be rewarded by sponsors, associations, mass-media, institutions, commercial societies or private persons, with their consent.
12. There will be no participation fees. Further information:
The Bureau of Press Relations of „Humor......at Gura Humorului” Festival
Prof. Elvira Romaniuc- Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina
Telephone: 00 40 740 926 479
Coordinating Director Mihai Mardare – Local Cultural Center Gura Humorului
Telephone: 00 40 749 683 278.
Received from Hungary the new catalog Pannonpower International Caricature Contest 2014 focusing on color green and biomass-based renewable energy production. 14.5 x 20.5 cm in size, the full color catalog has 48 pages including the covers. Nearly 260 artists from 60 countries participated in the competitiom with more than 660 drawings. From Turkey are included the works by Cuneyt Senyavas and Kemal Ozyurt in this collection of cartoons.
You can visualise (and print if you like) the e-catalog in PDF here.
Many thanks to the organising company and the cartoonist friend Kelemen Istvan for sending me this valuable catalog.
INTERNATIONAL CARTOON FESTIVAL YMITTOS 2015
ABOUT YOUTH DANGERS
THEMES FOR CARTOONS AND SKETCHES: Dangers to youth, particularly bullying, internet and media.
MUNICIPALITY OF DAFNI-YMITTOS, WORKSHOP
CARTOON FRIENDS ASSOCIATION October 24 - November 7
Venue: Event Hall of the municipal community of Ymittos 1 Iroon Polytechniou Square Ymittos.
A competition will take place during the exhibition. The best works will be awarded. The awards will include: 1st prize, Visitors’ award and four more. All participants whose works will be exhibited will receive a Digital Certificate of Participation. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
. The cartoons must be black and white or in color.
. Each participant may present up to 3 works (size A3).
. Resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
. It would be preferable that the work should not contain any text or comments. In case they do, the English or Greek language should definitely be included.
. The use of collage is prohibited.
. The works must be sent via e-mail.
. The works that the Artistic Committee will judge that have been copied from other cartoonists’ works will be disqualified.
. The works should not have been exhibited before.
. The works should not have offensive content.
. A short CV, the e-mail address, Skype account (if available), and the postal address of each participant is required.
. All participating works may be exhibited in a touring exhibition in Greece or abroad. EXHIBITION
. Up to 200 works will be exhibited and evaluated by the Artistic Committee.
. The prizes will be decided by the Artistic Committee.
. Eminent experts from the world of Letters and Arts will make up the Committee. RIGHTS
. The works may be used in the advertising campaign of the exhibition. On no account should works or copies be sold. Commercial exploitation of part or the whole exhibition is prohibited.
. Participating artists will not receive any kind of payment for their participation.
. Copyright of the exhibition belongs to the organizers.
. Participants will receive a digital catalogue of the exhibition.
. Participation in the exhibition implies full acceptance of all the above terms.
A new announcement will be made to offer information about the prizes.
The Artistic Committee members’ names will be announced soon.
Submission Deadline: September 20th
The works should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Organizing Committee.
More on fb.
(Theme updated on 15 May 2015).
Theme: The Global Market
The jury, chaired by Luca Missoni, considering five hundred twenty-five cartoons
from all continents and then voted for the winners of the five categories:
Winner of the first prize for the "Graphics" Andrea Pecchia.
Winner of the first prize for the "Caricature" Mario Magnatti.
Winner of the first prize for the "Satire" Gianni Audisio.
Winner of the "Prize Cava" Luka Lagator(Top).
Winner of the "Grand Prix Marco Biassoni 2015" Alessandro Gatto.
Participants and selected artists in bold: humouragallarate.
( Source ).
The Sports Federation Union of Catalonia co-organises with the Barcelona Olympic Foundation the V International Sports Humour Drawing Competition, with the goal of spreading and encouraging sports-related jokes and comic strips.
Any artist that is over 18 years of age and from any nationality and place of residence can participate in the competition.
Entries must be sports-related. They can be done from any perspective and technique. A maximum of two entries can be submitted per participants and these entries must not have previously won in other competitions. Complete Regulationhere in PDF.
Entries can be submitted directly through concurs.ufec.cat or sent to the Sports Federation Union of Catalonia: Rambla de Catalunya, 81 08008 - Barcelona
The deadline for presenting entries is 31 July 2015.
The first prize is 1,500 €. Two runner-ups will receive 1,000 € each.
The awarded entries and other selected entries will be exhibited in the Olympic Museum's exhibition room from October 1 to 1 November 2015.
(Updated 6 May 2015).
The Winners of the Cartoon Competition Berlin 2015
The online contest was organized and arranged by the KURTUKUNST Gallery in collaboration with
the LIMES Image Agency. 1187 works of 567 cartoonists from 81 countries were sent to the competition.
Under the patronage of the Mayor (Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf) Reinhard Naumann the awards ceremony
takes place on the 5th of June 2015 at 7 o'clock pm in the Museums THE STORY OF BERLIN. WINNERS
1st Prize: Sergey Semandyaev, Ukraine (Top)
2nd Prize: Dieter Hackebeil, Germany
3rd Prize: Milenko Kosanovic, Serbia
Audience Award: Jean Kim, U.S.A.
KurtuKunst Gallery Prize: Cristian Topan, Romania
Limes Prize: Pawel Nawrot, Poland Awards:
Saeed Sadeghi, Iran
Fan Lintao, China
Sava Babic, Serbia.
Based on article 55 from Statute of Delcevo municipality (“Official gazette of Municipality of Delcevo” 12/06), the Commission for organizing events and cultural manifestations within Municipality of Delcevo, on the occasion of International festival of caricature and aphorism “Drinker 2015”, announces: C o m p e t i t i o n For awards for caricatures and aphorism on subject “Watch out! A human!”
1. Call for caricature and aphorism on subject “Watch out! A human!” is open to authors from Macedonia and abroad, according following criteria:
• Art works to be original, not marked, black-white or in color;
• Art works to be encoded – code written on the back side of art work, and in separate envelope to deliver following data (name, surname, address and e-mail of author);
• Each author sends a set of 10-15 aphorisms;
• It is allowed to participate with maximum three art works;
• The authors in the category of caricature can participate in any number of caricatures;
• Maximum size of caricatures A3 or A4.
2. The most successful authors in the category aphorism and caricature category will be awarded the following awards:
• golden plaque;
• silver plaque;
• bronze plaque.
3. Jury for this occasion will decide for the awards.
4. Detailed information about this call: Mr. Mile Gjorgijoski, telephone 00389 70 382 189, е-mail: email@example.com .
5. All received aphorisms / caricatures become ownership of the organizer.
6. Deadline for submission of aphorisms / caricatures: 12.05.2015 (Tuesday).
7. The results will be published on 20.05.2015
8. Aphorisms / caricatures to be delivered on following address: Municipality of Delcevo „Svetozar Markovik” 1, 2320 Delcevo Republic of Macedonia
Reference: Open call on subject: „Watch out! A human!“
Municipality of Delcevo
Commission for organizing of events
and cultural manifestations
1 - THEME Pro Castello di Caneva promotes the international award Caneva Ride! (Caneva Laughs!) for humoristic sketches and satirical costume about the theme Like cats and dogs... friends and foes. 2 - PARTICIPATION
The award is open to all cartoonists of the world from 16 years old. Participants can apply individually or in groups (in case of several authors, the referent for all communications with the award’s promoters shall be indicated). 3 - TECHNIQUES
Up to three unpublished works, realized by any technique, color or black and white, which haven’t been awarded in other prizes. The maximum format shall be A4 (21 X 29.7 cm). 4 - DEADLINE
Works shall be submitted within 24:00 of 27th June 2015 at the address firstname.lastname@example.org, as a .jpg, .tiff or .pdf file with resolution of 300 dpi, and report all personal data (first name, surname, complete address, phone number, in case of minors the name of one parent authorizing the participation). Every single file shall not exceed 5 MB. If more than one single work is submitted, then send each by single mail. 5 - JURY
Marco Tonus, Cartoonist President of the Jury 2015
Pietro Francesco Manfè, Pro Castello di Caneva
Vicenzo Bottecchia, Cultural Comics Operator
Giancarlo Rupolo, Photographer. 6 - AWARDS
FIRST PRIZE euro 500,00
SECOND PRIZE euro 150,00
THIRD PRIZE euro 100,00
The jury reserves the right to report other works, which shall not receive any money prize. The authors, by participating the competition, agree with the non-exclusive right to reproduce the works on any support for promotional purposes of Pro Loco Castello, without any claims of copyright. 7 - EXHIBITION
Opening of the exhibition and prize giving will be held Sunday 18th July 2015 during Castello in Festa 2015.
THE BARAKALDO 2015 BIENNIAL XIIIth INTERNATIONAL GRAPHIC HUMOUR CONTEST ON NEW TECHNOLOGIES FIRST
To pass the public announcement of the 13th International Graphic Humour contest on new Technologies – Barakaldo Hermes Prize 2015, which is an official announcement regulated by the guidelines established in the regulations of the Barakaldo Cultural Competitions, published in the Official Biscayan Bulletin on February 12th, 2010. SECOND
The budgetary limit for the aforementioned is set at four thousand five hundred Euros (4.500 €) charged against the Budget allocation 00700 33000 4810300, to face the obligations derived from the prizes to grant, in compliance with rules established under Article 7 of the regulation, prizes awarded will be as follows: First Prize – 1.500 €, Second Prize –1.000 €, Third Prize – 800 €, Fourth Prize – 700 €and Fifth Prize – 500 €. THIRD
Legal regulations which the competition will adhere to are as follows: 1. OBJECT
Sketchers will send in a scene depicting graphic humour relating to new technologies which impacts on daily life (INTERNET, BIOLOGY, SPACE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS, MEDICINE, ETC...) and which allows the citizens to reflect on new spheres of scientific progress. It can also be vignettes depicting geek attitudes generated by users of social networks or taking part in Web 2.0. 2. CONTESTANTS
Anyone who so desires may take part with no age restrictions. Each contestant may submit up to three pieces of work. Anyone who was a Hermes prize-winner at the previous year’s renewal will not be allowed to submit entries to this year’s official announcement. 3. CATEGORY AND FORMAT
Scenes and characters must be the personal creation of the author and unpublished. Work can be submitted either in black and white or in colour. Works must not exceed a single page, with a format not exceeding 800 x 600 pixels per inch, with a minimum resolution 72dpi. None the less it will be convenient to carry out the work initially on an A3 or A4 format and 300dpi resolution, horizontally or vertically. 4. LANGUAGES
Works may be labelled in Spanish or Basque. It is permissible to enter humorous scenes without text written for those artists from different linguistic and geographical backgrounds. 5. PRESENTATION
The participants will register in the web page of the contest and will insert later on their work in format JPG. 6. SUBMISSION PLACE AND DEADLINE
Works containing the author’s details should be sent exclusively through the web page: www.barakaldo.org/hermes before October 14th 2015. 7. VIRTUAL EXHIBITION
Presentation of works will imply the granting of permission to the Local Council for the reproduction of images entered, for purely exhibition purposes only. Any such exhibition of the works does not mean that financial benefit will accrue to the authors of the illustrations. The winning artworks and other selected illustrations will be exhibited in the Virtual Museum established for that purpose, by the City of Barakaldo. This city launched a specialized website as an expression of the different subjects on which contestants have been providing creative illustrations with an humorous consideration. 8. PREMIOS
The awarding of the Hermes de Barakaldo prize carries a financial reward amounting to 4.500 Euros and is divided into five categories: First Prize: 1.500 €, Second Prize: 1.000 €, Third Prize: 800 €, Fourth Prize: 700 € and Fifth Prize: 500 €. .
After the winners are notified individually, and by email, of the resolution, the winners of these prizes will have a maximum three months term to supply their details to the awarding organisation in order for the prize to be transferred to them. Should the time period of three months since the first communication have already elapsed, without the relevant data having been supplied, it is understood that the winner of the prize will relinquish his/her right to the relevant prize and the corresponding illustration will likewise be withdrawn from any medium the local council has published it in. Required data: Personal Data:
- Name and Surname
- Identity card/ Passport
- Postal code
- e-mail Bank Data:
- SwiftCode BIB
- Document written and signed by thebank to certify that the above data correspond to the awarded person. 9. JURY
Any of the prizes may be declared void if none of the works come up to the required minimum qualitative standards. 10. SELECTION CRITERIA
Prizes will be awarded according to the following criteria:
a.- Quality and artistic relevance of the work: 50 points.
b.- Adherence to the theme of the Competition and to the humorous language pertainingto it: 30 points.
c.- Social and cultural impact of the cartoon in relation to the thematic aspect set out regarding new technologies and their implications for everyday life: 20 points. 11. FURTHER POINTS
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the rules and regulations as already laid down in the current Decree. FOURTH
Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the competition rules system, through comparisons of the works presented, and through the establishment of priority criteria amongst them, in conformity with the already outlined criteria, and the awarding of the corresponding financial amounts in compliance with the same with limits as stated in the official announcement, not exceeding the available credit. FIFTH
In order to analyse and evaluate the works presented, a Qualifying Panel or Jury will be convened, composed by Mr. Carlos Fernández Martínez Delegate-Councillor of Culture, Education, Basque Language, Sports, Youth and Quality who will assume the title of President of the said panel, and, Mr. Alfonso Berroya Elosua, Mr. Enrique Martínez-Inchausti, Mr. Juan García Cerrada, as people of renown prestige in the world of graphic humour and illustration, and Mr. Juan Manuel de Los Santos Aranaz, a Technician in the sphere of Culture, who will take part as Secretary. SIXTH
The maximum allowable timescale for the resolution and notification of the prizes’ awarding procedure will be two months, starting from the closing date for the submission of entries. SEVENTH
All interested parties will receive notification under terms outlined in Article 58 of the Law 30/1992, dated November 26th, of the Law Regulation of Public Administrations and Common Administrative Procedures. EIGHTH
In case of any appeal against the decision, which exhausts the administrative procedures, an optional administrative reconsideration appeal may be lodged with the Council President to set aside the current resolution within a timeframe of one month starting from the day after the announcement of the results, alternatively an Administrative Reconsideration Appeal can be entered at the Court for Contentious Administrative Proceedings by virtue of the distribution of authority outlined in Articles 8 and 10 of the Law 29/1998, dated July 13th, which regulates the Contentious Administrative Jurisdiction within a timeframe of two months, also commencing, like the previous, on the day after receipt of official notification.
Source: ecomic-experience . Regulation in languages .
Invitation of Works for the 7th Jiaxing International Cartoon Biennale, China 2015
Jiaxing, China International Cartoon Biennale, initiated in 2002, is an influential thematic cartoon exhibition known both home and abroad. Over the past 13 years, this exhibition has provided a platform for the promotion of cartoon and fine art, cultural exchange at international level, and the image of Jiaxing City. Now, with the joint effort of both China Artists Association and the Municipal Government of Jiaxing, the 7th Jiaxing, International Cartoon Biennale will be held in the city this October, and we are looking forward to meeting cartoonists from all over the world. I. Theme: "My Dream" II. Time: The opening ceremony of The 7th Jiaxing, International Cartoon Biennale will be held in the late October this year, at Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China. III. Requirements for works
1. Sections: Works submitted will be divided into two sections: Section A: 'My Dream' Section B: no restriction on themes
2. Works submitted: Every participant can submit a maximum of 4 pieces of works, two for Section A and another two for Section B. No limit to genres; either vertical or horizontal works are accepted.
The size of works must be within 450 × 290mm (the size of ink cartoon must be within 450 × 340mm), and the back of the work must be signed in Chinese with the following information: the painter's nationality, name, section of the work , title of the work, address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, a photocopy of the ID card, bank name and personal account (artists outside mainland China should provide remittance address, a photocopy of the passport, bank name, bank SWIFT code and personal account).
Please do make sure of all the information so that it'll be convenient to contact, send work albums, certificates and remittance etc. We will not resend any work albums, certificates and collection remuneration due to the failure of delivery thereof caused by incorrect information supplied by the participating artists.
3. Submission of works: The artists outside mainland China should send the original hand-drawn version of the work which will be returned to the artist if not selected. Mainland China artists can either send hand-drawn works or submit works via e-mail. If works sent via e-mail passes the first screening process, we will notify the artists to send the hand-drawn version to compete in the forthcoming contest.
4. The deadline: From now on to Aug 31ST, 2015 (according to the postmarks).
5. Contact information:
Contact: Mr. Wang Xinyu / Ms. Liu Ping
Address: Jiaxing Art Gallery, Zhonghe Road, Nanhu District, Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China Zip code: 314000 E-mail: email@example.com Tel .: 86-573-82031837, 82071601.
IV. Selection of Winners
1. Up to 120 pieces of works will be chosen to be exhibited in the Biennale.Assessment will be conducted by a panel comprising experts appointed by China Artists Association. 30 pieces of works will be given 'Award for Excellence', including 15 pieces of 'Best Theme Works' and 15 pieces of 'Best Free Creativity Works'. The prize money of these works will be USD500 each (for overseas works) or RMB3000 each (for works by artists from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan). 90 pieces of works will be awarded 'Selected Works' and the prize for these works will be USD250 each (for overseas works) or RMB1500 each (for works by artists from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan).
2. All works selected will be collected by Jiaxing Art Gallery. All prize winners will be given certificates along with a copy of Album of Works.
3. Rights of the Organizing Committee: the committee shall reserve the rights of exhibiting, researching, photographing, videoing, publishing and promoting all works selected by the Biennale.
V. Organizing institutions:
1. Sponsors: China Artists Association, the Municipal Government of Jiaxing
2. Supporters: China Artists Association Cartoon Committee, Zhejiang Artists Association, Jiaxing Federation of Literary and Art Circles, Jiaxing Municipal Administration of Culture, Broadcasting, Television, Press & Publication, Chinese Comic Base
3. Executive Supporters: Jiaxing Art Gallery, Jiaxing Artists Association
4. Cooperation Organizations: Zhejiang Artists Association, and other Jiaxing based institutions (to be determined)
5. Organizing Committee
Honorary Director: Liu Dawei
Directors: Wu Changjiang, Xiao Peisheng
Vice Directors: Xu li, Xu Pengfei, Chen Yueqiang, Chai Yongqiang
Secretary-generals: Ding Jie, Wang Yiwei, Luo Xianyue
Vice Secretary-generals: Mei Qilin, Jin Qinlong
Committee Members (in the order of Chinese surnames strokes): Ma Xuewen, Wang Guohua, Chen Shuanghu, Chen Jianjiang, Yu Zhida, Xian Yi, Hu Jing, He Xuan, Ling Jiachun, Xia Dachuan
Organizing Committee Office: Directors: Xian Yi, Xia Dachuan, Hu Jing
Vice Directors: He Xuan, Chen Shuanghu, Ma Xuewen, Ling Jiachun
Exhibition Editors: Yang Lei, Wei Xi, Kong Yuehua.
Submitted works by any artist to the Biennale shall be deemed as acceptance to all the regulations included in this notice. The Organizing Committee shall reserve all the rights of interpretation to all the articles above.
The Organizing Committee of the 7th Jiaxing International Cartoon Biennale. Source: tabrizcartoons.
8th OSCARfest International Cartoon Exhibition OSOR Hrvatska / Croatia 2015
(Island Cres, Town of Mali Lošinj / Northern Adriatic) Exhibition: July-August-September 2015
(more than 10,000 visitors - tourists from around the world on summer season)
Theme: FOOD & DRINK ON A (DESERT) ISLAND
Deadline: June 18, 2015
1 (one) Cartoon WITHOUT WORDS
Format: A4 (210x297 mm)
Original and digital computer art works (numbered and signed) will be accepted.
Photocopies will not be accepted. Prizes:
First place: Personal exhibition in 9th OSCARfest 2016, sponsorship award, diploma
Second and Third place: sponsorship award, diploma
The only one jury is INTERNATIONAL JURY OF VISITORS!
Works returned: No
Digital catalogue and results for all participants Copyright issues:
The selected participants give the organizer (ARTour Association)
permission to use their cartoons for promoting the Festival.
Organizer may copy the selected works in one (1) copy for
sponsors, awards to voters and promotions. Address: Send by ORDINARY POST (Not recommended!) to: Croatian Cartoonist Association (HDK) Savska c. 100, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia (for 08 OSCARfest)
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (A4, RGB, JPG, 300 dpi)
Informations / Entry Form: email@example.com (Dado Kovačević), www.hdk.hr.
The General Foundation of the University of Alcalá, through the Instituto Quevedo del humor announces the XXII International Exhibition of Arts of Humor around the subject “We are different, we are equal. Freedom, respect and equality”. There will be more information about the subject in the website.
1 Participation is open to all the persons older than 18.
2 In order to participate in the Exhibition, every artist must send a piece on the theme “We are different, we are equal. Freedom, respect and equality”. It can be a vignette, a comic strip or a caricature. Together with the piece, the authors must send the filled formulary attached to these requirements, that can also be found and sent online (www.miah.iqh.es). The organization reserves the right to invite those authors that the organization members agree to consider important for the exhibition.
3 The works must be original and must be signed. They can be made with any technique and in any format, with maximum dimensions of A3 (297x420 mm). For digital works, they must be made in formats JPG or TIFF with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, and they must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the online form.
4 All pieces will be sent properly wrapped. It is recommended to protect them with flat cardboard. The organization won't take responsibility on any possible damage occurred during transportation. All shipping charges will be at the participant's expense.
5 All art pieces will be sent before May 30, 2015, by mail, online form, or to the following address: Fundación General de la Universidad de Alcalá XXII Muestra Internacional de las Artes del Humor C/ Nueva, 4. 28801 Alcalá de Henares Madrid (España) It is essential to comply with the noted date for the adequate planning of the catalogue and design of the exhibition.
6 A Selection Comission will carry out a selection of the pieces submitted, that will be exhibited in the XXII Internacional Exhibition of the Arts of Humor in september-november 2014.
7 All pieces submitted will be kept at the Graphic Humour Archives of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá, except specific indication to the contrary, for which the artist must write on the reverse of the piece “Devolución”. The authors who want a donation certificate must write "Certificado" on the reverse of the piece.
8 The submission of the piece means that the author authorizes the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá to reproduce it and exhibit it, as long as the name of the artist is displayed and the objective is the media coverage of the Exhibition and the rest of activities of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá within the field of Graphic Humour and/or of this call (edition of catalogues, posters, leaflets, media coverage, web page, etc.), and in any case it generates any type of obligation on the author's part.
9 The organization will communicate through the Exhibition web page the list of participants with submitted piece and the list of selected pieces.
10 At the end of the exhibition in Alcalá, those people with selected pieces will receive a copy of the catalogue, which will be edited to mark the celebration of the Exhibition.
11 The organization reserves the right to not exhibit those pieces considered to infringe individual or collective rights.
12 The participants will be responsible before any claim on the authorship of the works. The organization will not be responsible before any claim made by a third party upon the violation of intellectual rights or property of the works.
13 The participation on this Exhibition means the acceptance of these conditions of entry. Regulation in languages on source.
22th CARTOONRENDON INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL COLOMBIA 2015 RICARDO RENDÓN
The Outstanding Colombian caricaturist born in Rionegro - Antioquia (1894-1931), call "The Emperor" of the Cartoon. One of the most penetrating and fine Latin American humorists in the XX century, in their work the humor was satire, it was characterized especially by the political cartoon. Their cartoons were true x-rays of the facts and of the individuals. It was pioneer of the graphic publicity in Colombia. 22Th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON RENDON FESTIVAL 2015
The Festival is an event sponsored by the municipal administration of Rionegro during twenty one serial years in memory of Ricardo Rendón Bravo.
The Festival, only in the history of the country for their trajectory and continuity; he has allowed to look at the perception of authors of but of 90 countries, main characters of the changes and experiences of the towns that contribute to the humanity's growth with the same humour. The laughing thought and its universal language, caricature is the most effective weapon against the thought that does not laugh.
It is a dream and an universal yearning to erase frontiers so territorial as ideological that prevent us to live in harmony and to visualize the light of the freedom as principle of peace and coexistence. THE CONDITIONS :
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists all over the world.
2) The deadline for entries is September 5 (Saturday) 2015
3) The themes of the competition are Three: 1. THE LIGHT, AND THE TECHNOLOGY BASED ON THE LIGHT: On the recommendation of UNESCO, the United Nations General Assembly meeting in May 2013, declared 2015 as the International Year of Light and technologies based on it (2015 - The International Year of Light and the Light-based Technologies). 2. PERSONALITIES: Scientists: Abu Hasan Ibn Al Haytam (Alhazen), Augustin-Jean Fresnel, James Clerk Maxwell, Albert Einstein, Charles Kao. 3. FREE.
4) Each participant can present in the competition a maximum of Three cartoons for theme.
5) You can participate with cartoons in white and black or in color.
6) The size of cartoons will not exceed 30 x 40 cms maximum.
7) You can also participate in the competition with cartoons that have already been published or rewarded previously, all the presented cartoons will be original. Photographs, photocopies etc, will not be accepted, and the transport of the cartoons in charge of the participant.
8) Participants are requested to send, together with their cartoons, a short curriculum vitae and a photograph.
9) In the reverse of each cartoon he/she should go the name, surname, address, telephone number and country of origin of the participant.
10) The selected Caricaturist will receive free a catalogue.
11) The jury composed of Colombian and foreign cartoonists.
12) The results will be announced in the month of October of 2015.
13) The cartoons presented in the competition won't be returned, which will be part of the future National Museum of Caricature of Rionegro, in accordance with the representative of Cartoonrendon.
14) By filling in the entrance form attached, the participant declares and accepts in advance that (s)he has turned over the financial rights (s)he holds over the cartoon or cartoons vis-à-vis the public to Cartoonrendon without limitation on location, time period and number the intellectual property all rights for publication. (S)he agrees that Cartoonrendon may use such cartoons, exhibit them, keep them in its archives and publish them on the internet or through other media. With the actual delivery of the request for participation is considered delegates these rights to Cartoonrendon and/or his representative.
15) The organization is reserved the right of exhibiting those works that he/she understands they can attempt against individual or collective rights.
16) The Participation in the competition supposes the entire acceptance and without reservations all the conditions. THE PRIZES : (Awards are subject to taxation according to Colombian tax regulation)
1) Grand Prix RENDON Theme The LIGHT and Technology based on the Light: US 2.500
2) Prize COOSERVUNAL Theme The LIGHT: US 1.000
4) Prize COOSERVUNAL Theme PERSONALITIES: US 1.000
5) Special Prizes offered by various institutions. ADDRESS :The works should be sent to: 22° FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CARICATURA CARTOONRENDON
Fernando Pica / Casa Cultural Cll 48 # 50 - 36, Rionegro, Antioquia COLOMBIA http://www.cartoonrendon.com/ email@example.com