55th International cartoon contest Knokke-Heist 2016, Belgium
Rules 2015 1. Participation
All persons over 18 years of age are eligible to participate in this international contest. Participants shall agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and the decisions of the jury. Belgian law governing withholding tax on prizes won by foreign participants applies. Participation is free of charge. Deadline 31.12.2015. 2. Definition
A cartoon is a humorous drawing. This may be a caricature of a famous person, a parody of a real situation, or simply a picture of a funny situation. The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed. 3. Theme
Participants are free to choose the theme of their entries. 4. Entries A. Regulations
Maximum 5 submissions per person, black and white or colour.
The cartoons must not contain text. Drawings can also be made digitally. They must be packaged flat and not folded. Works under glass, framed or in other materials will not be accepted.
They must not have been exhibited in Belgium or awarded in other countries. B. Entries > Digital entries
Digital entries may be sent after completing the form on the websitewww.cartoonfestival.be and attaching the cartoons. The name of the cartoons must contain the entrant’s name, first name and title. The cartoons must not be larger than A4 format (21 x 30 cm) resolution of 300 DPI in JPEG and TIFF format. > Entries by post
Entries may only be sent by post after the form has been completed on the website and the form is enclosed with the entry. Dimensions min. 21 x 30 cm or max. 30 x 42 cm.
The entrant’s name, first name and address must be written on the back of each cartoon.
Your participation is only valid if we have received your fully completed entry form on our website. Entries are submitted at the expense of the entrants. The selected cartoons will be framed with a passe-partout for the exhibition. 5. Originality of the works
The participant remains responsible for the originality of his works. Discussions and any claims regarding all forms of plagiarism are at the expense of the participant. 6. Ownership rights
By participating, entrants grant the organizing body the right to use their entries as advertising for the “International Cartoon Festival” and the seaside resort Knokke-Heist (e.g. as cartoon book, catalogue, advertising in the press and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon festival organization, calendar). 7. Jury
A professional jury will make a selection from the entries for the exhibition and will declare the prize winners. 8. Ownership by organising body
All submitted works shall become the property of the organizing body. 9. Cartoon Book
In collaboration with “Davidsfonds” Leuven, a cartoon book will be published, subject to budgetary and technical constraints. Selected participants will be entitled to one copy. Prizes
Golden Hat 3.500 €*
Silver Hat 2.000 €*
Bronze Hat 1.250 €*
Public Prize 500 €
*+ flight and hotel accommodation (max. 2 personen) in Knokke-Heist during openings weekend (one night).
Produktie: Cultuurcentrum Knokke-Heist vzw Meerlaan 32 , B-8300 Knokke-Heist BELGIUM
Tel: 00-32-50-630.430 Fax:00-32-50-630.429
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.cartoonfestival.be.
The 4th Gold Panda International Cartoon and Illustration Competition 2016, China
The contest is open to all artists regardless of nationality, age, sex, etc. 2. Organizer
Host：“HONGTU” Art institute
Sponsor: Red Man Art Center.
Official website: www.redmancartoon.com 3. Theme
A) Monkey King (Sun Wukong)
C) Panda / Free 4. Entries
1) The works whether they have been awarded in other contests previously will be accepted.
2) Participators should summit the original works. Any slide, photograph or xerox will not be accepted. CG\Digital works be accepted,E-mail to: email@example.com and mail to the organizing committee.
3) The maximum 10 entries should be submitted for each category.
4) The maximum size of the works should be 200 ×200cm respectively.
5) The works should be accompanied by the author's resume and photo (or caricature).
6) First name, Last name, Address, Email, Telephone number should be written on the reverse side of the works. Please specify in envelope: “2015 Gold Panda”
7) Technique and medium of works are unlimited. Any painting, Print making, Traditional Chinese Painting, Oil painting, Watercolor, Crafts art or sculpture will be accepted. 5. Entry Form
Please down load the entry form on our web site: www.redmancartoon.com
At the same time, the self made entry form is also accepted. 6. Deadline
The deadline for entry is the 31 of January, 2016. 7. Delivery
1) The entries must be flat protected with hard cardboard, or rolled in a hard case. The folded works will not be accepted.
2) Please send entries to the address as follow: HU XIAO YU ROOM 341 BUILDING #364, ZHAN QIAN BA LI XIAO QU YUN JING DONG LI，TONG ZHOU QU, BEIJING 101121，CHINA 8. Judgment
1) The jury committee is composed of artists, printmaking artists, cartoonist, illustrators and press editors.
2) The jury meeting will be held on April, 2016.
3) The committee will announce the result on June, 2016 on web site. At the same time organizer will contact the winning artists via postal mail or email. 9. Prizes
1) Gold Panda prize – Golden Panda Medal + 2000 US Dollars – 1 place
2) Best work prize of Print making – Silver Panda Medals + 1000 US Dollars – 1 place
3) Best work prize of Traditional Chinese Painting – Silver Panda Medals + 1000 US Dollars – 1 place
4) Best work prize of Illustration – Silver Panda Medals + 1000 US Dollars – 1 place
5) Best work prize of Cartoon – Silver Panda Medals + 1000 US Dollars – 1 place
6) Best work prize of CG – Silver Panda Medals + 500 US Dollars – 1 place
7) The special prize of jury meeting – Copper Panda Medals – 30 places
8) Selected – Catalog 10. Copyright
Explicitly participators have whole copyright for their entries. The committee has the right to use all the submitted works to spread competition on media, websites, posters, post cards, advertisements, etc. 11. Catalog
The authors whose works has been selected will receive one copy of the catalog made for the competition. 12. Provisions
1) The submitted works will not be returned. They will be exhibited and displayed in Redman International Cartoon House.
2) Participation in the contest means the complete acceptance of all the above conditions and agreements with jury's decision. For Information
HU XIAO YU
ROOM 341 BUILDING #364, ZHAN QIAN BA LI XIAO QU
YUN JING DONG LI，TONG ZHOU QU,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Entry form on source:http://www.redmanart.com/en/bencandy.php?fid=6&id=600 .
2015 INTERNATIONAL CREDIBILITY CARTOON CONTEST OF CHINA
A. CARTOON: CREDIBILITY \ FREE
B. ANIMATION SHORT FILMS: CREDIBILITY \ FREE
2. The competition is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
3. Each entrant should provide title, name, age, address, career, e-mail, and telephone number on reverse.
4. Entries can be either black and white or colour.
5. Size of cartoons should not exceed 500 x 500 mm.
6. The number is not restricted.
7. Deadline for entries is September 15, 2015.
8. ANIMATION SHORT FILMS: within 1 minute - 20 minutes in AVI，MPEG，WMV，AFS or MOV. The minimum of with a resolution ratio of 720×576, and the film name and main staff list notified in the main title.
9. PRIZES: A. CARTOON:
FIRST PRIZE - 500 USD
SECOND PRIZE - 300 USD
THIRD PRIZE - 200 USD
SPECIAL PRIZES - Catalogue. B. ANIMATION SHORT FILMS:
FIRST PRIZE - 500 USD
SECOND PRIZE - 300 USD
THIRD PRIZE - 200 USD
SPECIAL PRIZES - Catalogue.
10. E-mail: email@example.com .
11. The results release date: November .
12. The organizers reserve the right to publish the cartoons submitted to the festival and use them in any forms. Your cartoon may be used for promotional purposes : cards, posters, catalogs, newspapers, magazine, and books etc.
Source: http://www.redmanart.com/en/bencandy.php?fid=6&id=602 .
PRERAG , association in cooperation Government Office of the Slovak Republic
announce the international cartoon competition
Brain Sneezing - from kalokagathia to hypochondria and back
Topic 2015 : ANTI & CORRUPTION
Deadline : 24th October 2015
Each author can send maximum 5 original works.
The competition is open to everybody and is not restricted in terms of artistic design methods. The format of works should not exceed the A4 dimension.
The competition is non-anonymous. The works can be sent either online, by filling the electronic application form, or via regular mail, with each work signed on the reverse with the author´s name and their address.
The rewarded works will become the property of the organiser. The exhibition of the works and the announcement of the results will take place in December 2015 in Prešov. The most successful authors will be awarded by the international jury as follows:
1st prize 500.00 EUR
2nd prize 300.00 EUR
3rd prize 200.00 EUR. The competition Jury reserves the right to grant other special prizes or not to grant some of the prizes.
The organisers will accept all the works that will be delivered online at the web address.
The organisers reserve the right to publish selected works in promotional materials and to re-install the exhibition. The catalogue will be sent to each competitor whose works will be published in the catalogue. The authors agree that their works become the property of the organisers at no charge, that copies of their works might be made and used in re-installing the exhibition in other venues and that their works might be published free of charge in order to promote the exhibition. International competition and exhibition "Brain Sneezing - from kalokagathia to hypochondria and back" is financially supported by the Government Office of the Slovak Republic and Embassy of the Unitet States of America in Slovakia.
The Veredas Institute, aiming to stimulate and reveal cartoonists creations, invites you to be part of the 1st Veredas Graphic Humor Hall- Sete Lagoas city- MG-Brazil Regulation of the 1st Veredas Graphic Humor Hall/2015 1 DATES: Registration: from August 15th to September 15th, 2015- Selection: September 17th and 18th, 2015. Official grand opening: October 1st, 2015 at 11 o´clock- Award date: October 3rd, at 20o´clock- Location: at the Veredas Hotel convention center. End of the event: October 12th, 2015. 2 Participation:
2.1 Can enroll in the event all artists, professionals or amateurs, and students from junior and high school who are over the age of 16.
2.2 Each author can enroll up to three artworks per category. The enrolled artworks must be unpublished and about the indicated theme.
2.3 Artists from any country can enroll in the competition.
2.4 Enployees or their relatives connected to the organization of the event are not allowed to participate. 3 Theme:
3.1 Description: AGUAI (WATER) – verb, to pour water on to plants or the soil that they are growing in. It is allusive to the rational use of water. Generally, the uses of water are part of the human activities. In this sense, the water can be used for consumption or as an input in a productive process. The spelling is also allusive to the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais, where the inhabitants are used to say Uai – Água (water) +Uai=Aguai (to water).
3.2 The artworks from all the categories must be sent electronically (registration on line, JPEG Format/300 DPI).
3.3 Free style technique. Digital copies signed by the author and numbered (e.g.: 1/1, in case of one drawing; 1/2 in case of two, and so on). Maximum size allowed: 42x30cm (A3).
3.4 Each artist can enroll a maximum of 3 (three) artworks in each category, which are CARTOON, CARICATURE and EDITORIAL CARTOON.
3.5 With the artworks enrolled the artist must attach the application form properly filled in a legible handwriting and signed. It is also required a short curriculum and a photo for our database. 4 The website: www.festivalveredasdehumor.com.br 5 Awards:
5.1 Awards will be granted in a total sum of R$18,000.00 (eighteen thousand reais) in the following manner:
a. Three first places awards in the amount of R$5,000.00 (five thousand reais) each for each category: cartoon, editorial cartoon and caricature;
b. “People´s choice” award in the amount of R$2,000.00 (two thousand reais) chosen by on line and present votes;
c. Academic award in the amount of R$1,000.00 (One thousand reais). Artwork that will represent junior and high schools;
5.2 The awards will not be shared. The chairman of the judging panel will decide who will be the winner, in case of a tie.
5.3 Apart from the monetary prize, the winners will receive a trophy and the other participants selected will receive a participation diploma;
5.4 There will be a pre-selection committee and another one for selection and award, composed of capable people in the subject.
5.5 In case of fraud or plagiarism of any kind detected by the award committee on one or more enrolled artworks, they can cancel the award given;
5.6 The award result can be contested until a week after the Hall´s opening, as long there are appropriate and documentary evidences of any irregularities made without the committee´s knowledge;
5.7 Other prizes and mentions can be institute by the committee as they see fit. 6 Additional information
6.1 The simply by enrolling obligates the artist to accept the present regulation. The chosen artists cede, automatically the artwork copyright for reproduction and/or publishing in any media, unrestrictedly, for the event´s advertisement purposes;
6.2 The awarded authors transfer the artwork copyrights accordingly to the current Law (Copyright Law) in its totality, universally and definite, in every kind of use, free of charge, safeguarded by legislation relative to the awarded artworks in the Veredas Humor Festival: Sete Lagoas city, Minas Gerais state, Brazil;
6.3 Omission cases must be presented and will be evaluated by the Event´s Organaizing Committee. Source:http://festivalveredasdehumor.com.br/.
Non-profit organisation SINA Nitra n.o. First year of drawn humor competition Seeing of the unseeing – and seeing
Topic: drawn humor about people, whose sight is completely or partially missing and about sight in general. Target: By humor, we want to remind people about how important sight is in human life and what barriers must be broke by the people whose sight is missing.
Note: Don’t be worried about this topic. You’ll find examples on how access it on the web that is mentioned below. Competition propositions:
1. The competition is declared in two age categories. A category – authors above 18 years B category – authors to 18 years.
2. Every author can participate in the competition with minimum two former works in original, including graphic techniques.
3. The competition is open for everyone. The way of creative processing is not limited.
4. The format of the works is free, A4 is recommended but it cannot exceed A3 format.
5. The competition is not anonymous. Every contribution must be tagged by a name, complete address, birth date and contact info of the author on the back side.
6. Rewarded works become property of the organisator. Other works can be returned by the autor’s request.
7. All sent works can be used for propagational purposes of the competition and for forfilling the organisator’s mission – helping people with sight problems.
8. The selected works will be processed to a relief form for accessing the work by touch with the description in Braill’s font and enlarged font.
9. By attending the competition, the author agrees with it’s terms.
10. Please send the contributions until 30th of October 2015 to the address: SINA Nitra n.p.o., Nedbalova 540/17, 949 11 Nitra, Slovensko
11. The organisator will notify the author electronically (or in written form in case of the E-mail adress’s absence) about the deliverance of his works and their insertion into the competition.
12. In November 2015, a vernissage of an exposition prepared from the best competition works will take place in Nitra at the theatre of Andrej Bagar with the ceremonial declaration of the results and transmitting prizes to the most successful authors depending on the decision of the jury: Category A:
1st prize: Golden iris and 300 €
2nd prize: Silver iris and 200 €
3rd prize: Bronze iris and 100 € Category B:
1st prize: Golden iris and a material prize
2nd prize: Silver iris and a material prize
3rd prize: Bronze iris and a material prize
13. In case of other subject’s interest, other expositions can be organised.
14. The Jury of the competition reserves it’s right not to grant one of the prizes or grant other special prizes. On the website (www.hovoriaciweb.sk), the organisator will publish the number of competing people until 30.11.2015, the structure of the jury, the results of the competition and names of the winners.
15. A catalogue and a calendar for the year 2016 will be sent to the selected authors. The calendar will be made from selected works by the organisator.
Contact info of the organisator:
SINA Nitra, non-profit organisation
949 11 Nitra firstname.lastname@example.org www.hovoriaciweb.sk
Josef Zbranek, n.p.o manager
This project has been financially supported by the Ministry of culture of the Slovak Republic.
T h e m e s
Cartoon: The Victory
Caricature section: FREE
In spite of the bad circumstances that Syria is going through ...
but the large number of participations stressed the importance of
Syria International Gallery of Caricature 2015.
300 artists from 71 countries participated under
the big and important title “The victory”. The Jury:
1 - Alireza Pakdel / Iran
2 - Haydar Alyasiry / Iraq
3 - Mowafaq Farzat / Kuwait/Syria
4 - Esam Hanafy / Egypt
5 - Naji Benaji / Morocco. WINNERS Cartoon section / The Victory:
First Prize: Mihai Ignat - Romania
Second Prize: Jitet Kustana - Indonesia (Top)
Third Prize: Mohammad Saleh Razmhosseini - Iran SPECIAL PRIZES
Afri Diyansyah - Indonesia
Ciosu Constantin - Romaina
Milenko Kosanovic - Serbia
Paolo Dalponte - Italy
Samer Alshmarei - Yemen. Caricature section:
First Prize: Arash Foroughi - Iran
Second Prize: Guaico - Colombia
Third Prize: Walter Alvarez Toscano - Peru SPECIAL PRIZES
Emad Salehi - Iran
J. Bosco Jacó de Azevedo - Brazil
Mohammadreza Abbaspour - Iran
Ulisses José de Araujo - Brazil
Yusef Alimohamadi - Iran. All prize-winning cartoons onraedcartoon.
Received today the new catalog OSTEN 46th World Gallery of Cartoons, Skopje 2015, Macedonia. 64 pages in color with the size of 20x22 cm cover 120 selected cartoons including the awarded ones. The selectors were the Bulgarian cartoonists Alla & Chavdar Georgievi for this edition and there were also the international jury of course to award the best of the selected. They had received 680 works by 206 cartoonists from 50 countries worldwide. All originals, that is hand drawn cartoons, satiric drawings and comics in any technique on paper.
Yet, OSTEN does also pay considerable attention to new trends and organize thematic contests for digital cartoons too, so they can meet the expectation of those artists who are more comfortable with the digital production. The present one is on topic of Beer!!! with the deadline of 20 September 2015.
In addition, this year - on the 70-year anniversary of the World Gallery of Cartoons, they will launch an online platform osten4art.com - where all activities of OSTEN art on paper are integrated.
The info I quote from the Thank You Note letter, received along with the certificate in the catalog, by Mice Jankulovski, Director of OSTEN.
The catalog is also published online where you might read more about the competition and see the prize-winning and the selected pieces of humoristic art here in PDF.
More info on website: http://www.osten.com.mk/.
tOOns MaG First International Cartoon Contest 2016, Norway
Theme: Women Rights.
Deadline: 20 February 2016
Size: A4, 300 DPI. Prizes:
1st place prize: Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium and certificate.
2nd place prize: Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Small and certificate.
3rd place Prize: Wacom Intuos Pen Small and certificate.
And an additional 7 cartoonists will receive Honorable Mention Awards certificates. Rules:
1. Any cartoonist can participate in this contest.
2. The cartoons should be original and must not be formerly published. Copied workes are not accepted.
3. Participants may send a maximum of 5 works, in black and white or color, and preferably without text. In case of including a text, it must be in English.
4. A group of International jury will make a selection out of the submitted cartoons which are to be exhibited and published in www.toonsmag.com.
5. The International Jury members will be considered as participants in the exhibition and represent their own countries. Their names will be automatically added to the List of Participants (They will participate only in the exhibition and not contest as a part of the honorary participation).
6. Cartoons can be used for any promotion purposes (Printing, Websites, Newspapers, Calendar, Posters, Invitation cards etc.) without the permission of the cartoonist and without any payment.
7. Cartoons have to be sent to the following email address: email@example.com Cartoonist’s recent C.V. , address (in doc. format) and a personal photo.
8. tOOns MaG reserves the rights to change the date or any other condition of the contest.
We will publish the results of contest on March, 8th, 2016, International women’s day.
For further information please visit www.toonsmag.com.
GOLDEN HELMET ANNOUNCES XXIV CONTEST TITLED NATIONAL CUISINE CATEGORIES
2. WRITTEN FORM
- Aphorism PROPOSITIONS
1. CARTOON: ORIGINAL, MIN. A4 (210x297 mm), MAX A3 (297x420 mm), TECHNIQUE FREE;
2. WRITTEN FORM: MAXIMUM TWO TYPED PAGES OR UP TO 20 APHORISMS AWARDS
1ST AWARD: PLAQUE GOLDEN HELMET...800 €...ONE-MAN EXIBITION IN 2017.
2ND AWARD...400 €
3RD AWARD...200 €
STORY: PLAQUE GOLDEN HELMET...200 €
POEM: PLAQUE GOLDEN HELMET...200 €
APHORISM: PLAQUE GOLDEN HELMET...200 €
SPECIAL AWARD RADE BRKA...200 €
Written works to be sent under a code! DEADLINE: 25. 01. 2016.
Only unpublished works will be taken into consideration.
Author's short biography, phone number and e-mail address are obligatory.
Jury decision will be announced on 06. 02. 2016.
Awards will be handed at Final Festival Evening on April 1, 2016.
The Organizer will bear travel and accommodation cost of awarded authors.
Festival official langauges are Serbian and English.
All works remain property of the Festival. Entry Form on source.
Address: Kulturni centar Kruševac Toplicina br. 2; 37000 Kruševac SERBIA
tel: +381 (0)37 / 423 025, 421 877
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org