The 29th International Humor Exhibition of Volta Redonda – 2017, carried out by the Volta Redonda City Hall/ Municipal Bureau of Culture, will be held in accordance with the following cheduIe:
Registration: October 13 to November 8, 2017.
Disclosure of Results: November 13, 2017.
Inauguration: November 16, 2017.
Exhibition: November 16 to December 16 2017.
Location: Espaço das Artes Zélia Arbex - Rua 14, s / n ° - Vila Santa Cecília
Total Award: R $ 28,000.00 (twenty-eight thousand reais).
Professional and amateur artists, Brazilians and foreigners can apply unpublished artworks that were not awarded until the closing date for entries. The works - all categories - can be sent by MAlL or by internet.
The theme and the graphical technique are free. Digital copies signed by author and sculptures with humorous content will also be accepted. Maximum measures allowed: paper- 42 x 30 centimeters (A3) (16,54 x 11,81 inches).
Each artist may enter a maximum of 03 works per category: CARTOON (graphic humor with universal and timeless themes), CHARGE (graphic humor with journalistic themes of now a days), CARICATURE (graphic humor that expresses the physical and/or personality of a known celebrity), COMIC STRIPS/COMIC STORIES (graphic art in sequence. Caution: for comic stories will be accepted a maximum of 02 pages per work) and Theme OPERATION CAR WASH (OPERAÇÃO LAVA - JATO).
Along the registered artwork, the artist must attach a complete registration form with legibly writing.
1. Sent by MAIL
29th International Humor Exhibition of Volta Redonda - 2017 – rua Antonio Barreiros, n°.194
/ 3° andar – Nossa Senhora das Graças – Caixa Postal 27215-350 – Volta Redonda – RJ, BRASIL.
IMPORTANT: The work submitted must be accompanied by the registration form, duly completed and signed by the author.
2. Sent by INTERNET (ONLINE FORM)
Registration on the e-mail website of the event in JPEG format; resolution 200 DPI; saved in high quality and maximum of 3 MB (images attached at a single time): firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Uploaded files should be named as follows: artist name_country_number. Example: paulosilva_brazil_01 - the registration form duly completed and signed by the author.
1. Ten (10) cash prizes will be awarded, totaling R $ 28,000.00 (twenty-eight thousand reais), divided as follows:
a) 1st place - 4 (four) awards in the amount of R $ 4,000.00 (four thousand reais ) for the winners in these categories: Cartoon, Charge, Caricature and Comic Strips;
b) 2nd place - 4 (four) awards in the amount of R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais) for the winners in these categories: Cartoon, Charge, Caricature and Comic Strips;
c) 1 (one) Special Award of R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais) for the best graphic humor addressing theme OPERATION CAR WASH (OPERAÇÃO LAVA - JATO).
d) 1 (one) Special Awards of R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais) for the best paper submitted by an artist from Volta Redonda.
2. There will be no division of awards. The President of the Jury shall decide which will be the winners in case of tie.
3. The awards will be paid via bank deposit. Therefore, the committee will only be accepted the artwork of those who possess a bank account, considering the contestants personal data, as related in Article 2.4. Note: The committee will not accept savings account, account salary and/ or benefit account.
The values corresponding to the cash prizes will only be deposited in the name of the winners obeying the legislation established by the Municipality of Volta Redonda responsible for the realization of the International Humor Exhibition of Volta Redonda- 2017.
Authors of countries that face economic embargoes of any kind with Brazil and that make impossible the transfer of the monetary values of possible awards can only compete for nominations of honorary prizes.
3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The simple application requires the artist to accept these regulations. The selected artists automatically transfer the authorial rights of his artworks for reproductions and publications in any media, without restriction, aiming promotion of the event. The returning of the artworks after the closing of the exhibition must be formally requested early in the registration form. Otherwise the artworks will ultimately belong to the collection of the International Humor Exhibition of Volta Redonda, which will exercise the right of property, as it finds interesting.
The organization of the International Humor Exhibition of Volta Redonda is not responsible for possible damages that may happen when the arts are sent or returned. The awarded authors transfer automatically Authorial Rights of their artworks (including mentions), in accordance with the Law n 9610, February 19st, 1988 (Authorial Rights Law),therefore, universal and definitely in all use modalities and gratuitous, the rights of the author, guaranteed by the mentioned law.
Volta Redonda, Octobert 5, 2017.
More on source: http://voltaredonda.rj.gov.br/smc/13/292.
SELECTED CARTOONISTS OF FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTESTAskin Ayrancioglu (Turkey)
ALEKSANDAR KLAS 2017, SERBIA
ALEKSANDAR KLAS 2017, SERBIA
Alexander Shmidt (Russia)
Aleksander Dubovsky (Ukraine)
Aleksandar Krzavac (Serbia)
Bernard Bouton (France)
Bobo Pernecky (Slovakia)
Bogdan Petry & Horia Crisan (Romania)
Bogdan Poledica (Serbia)
Branislav Kan Djokic (Serbia)
Darko Drljevic (Montenegro)
Danja Doroski (Serbia)
Dobrivoje Lazarevic (Serbia)
Eduard Tuur (Estonia)
Elena Ospina (Colombia)
Erdogan Basol (Turkey)
Erico J. Ayres (Brazil)
Felix Gonzalez (Spain)
Furkat Usmanov (Uzbekistan)
Goran Celicanin (Serbia)
Guibaio Gai (China)
Hisein Rezaye (Avganistan)
Hule Hanusic (Austria)
Husejin Cakmak ( Ciprus)
Ilya Katz (Israel)
Ivan Simek (Slovakia)
Jaksa Vlahovic (Serbia)
Jerzy Stepniak (Poland)
Jitet Kustana (Indonesia)
Jordan Pop-Iliev (Makedonia)
Jovan Prokopljevic (Serbia)
Jovo Skomac (Serbia)
Jugoslav Vlahovic (Serbia)
Julian Pena-Pai (Romania)
Kaan Saatci (Turkey)
Kemal Ozyurt (Turkey)
Konstantin Kazanchev (Ukraine)
Konstantinos Tselios (Greece)
Lazo Sredanovic Dikan (Serbia)
Li Jingshan (China)
Louis Pol (Australia)
Luka Lagator (Montenegro)
Milan Licina (Serbia)
Mahsa Eskandari (Iran)
Milanko Kalicanin (Serbia)
Milenko Kosanovic (Serbia)
Milorad H. Jevtic (Serbia)
Milorad Rankov (Serbia)
Miro Georgievski (Makedonia)
Miro Stefanovic (Serbia)
Miroslav Barvircak (Slovakia)
Mirsaid Gaziev (Uzbekistan)
Muhamed Djerlek Max (Serbia)
Muhammad Muslih (Indonesia)
Musa Gumus (Turkey)
Muzaffer Yulchiboev (Uzbekistan)
Nenad Ostojic Neo (Croatia)
Nikola Dragas (Serbia)
Norberto R. Vecchio (Argentina)
Oktay Bingol (Turkey)
Oleg Dergachov (Canada)
Paolo Dalponte (Italy)
Predrag Srbljanin Srba (Serbia)
Raed Khalil (Syria)
Resad Sultanovic (Bosnia Herzegovina)
Saeed Sadeghi (Iran)
Sasa Dimitrijevic (Serbia)
Sava Babic (Serbia)
Serafim Bakoulis (Greece)
Sergej Semendjaev (Ukraine)
Silviu Stanila (Romania)
Slava Kazanevsky (Ukraine)
Slobodan Obradovic (Serbia)
Slobodan Srdic (Serbia)
Stefan Wenczel (Austria)
Steffen Jahsnowski-Herschel (Germany)
Trayko Popov (Bulgaria)
Tsocho Peev (Bulgaria)
Valery Momot (Uzbekistan)
Veselin Zidarov (Bulgaria)
Vladimir Kazanevsky (Ukraine)
Vladimir Khakhanov (Russia)
Vladimir Semerenko (Russia)
Vlado Volas (Serbia)
Vladimir Stevovic Beluga (serbia)
Vuga Radulovic Zivkovic (Serbia)
Yang Lijie (China)
Zlatko Krstevski (Makedonia)
Zoran Mihajlovic (Serbia)
Zoran Petrovic (Germany).
This report by:
Editor of review "Ilustrovana politika".
1. SATYRYKON 2018 International Exhibition is an open competition.
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2017-2018), and qualified by artists to one of the following sections:
SECTION I – THEME: EMPATHY
SECTION II – JOKE AND SATIRE
(drawings without captions are preferred)
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the SATYRYKON competition.
4. The format of works – maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 2, 2018 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover to:
SATYRYKON – Legnica 2018
Chojnowska 2, 59-220 Legnica, Poland
Organisers are not responsible for transport damages.
THE PARTICIPANTS ARE KINDLY ASKED NOT TO POST, THE WORKS VIA ELECTRONIC MEANS AS THESE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE COMPETITION.
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, organisers reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. In this way – the work – chosen by the author, will cover our postage costs. In case of not indicationg one of the works, the Organizer can send all the works on the AUTHOR’S EXPENSE. Further details concerning the payment and the return of the works will be stated individually by e-mail.
7. Works should be accompanied by their author’s photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application form (PLEASE USE CAPITALS).
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes:
• GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON 2018 - pure gold key and purse amounting to 8,000 PLN
• 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN each
• 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 5.500 PLN each
• 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN each
• and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each
• Director of Legnica Culture Centre for a photography work in amount of 4,000 PLN award
• Mayor of Legnica award in amount of 4.000 PLN
The organisers are expecting extra awards for laureates: for the Author of THE BEST DEBUT and the Author of THE STUDENT DEBUT to be accompanied by a solo exhibition at the Satyrykon Gallery within the programme of SATYRYKON 2018 events.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, i.e. change their number, not to award them, or not to award the GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final.
The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2018 at Satyrykon web site: www.satyrykon.pl
No t e !
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition and their collecting the awards by December 15, 2018, or the awards can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author.
1. Authors of the works qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue.
2. Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2019 event on June 15-18, 2018.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in Poland and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2019.
WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL.
1. Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
3. The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publication of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
5. Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: email@example.com) and Satyrykon Foundation (+48 76 852-23-44; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) – PL 59-220 Legnica, Chojnowska 2 – are organisers of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2018.
Deadline for works reception February 2, 2018
(date of the postmark)
Jury meeting February 16-18, 2018
Post-competition exhibition June 6 – September 2, 2018
Return of the works after the exhibition cycle December 31, 2019.
International Cartoon Contest
'Marco Biassoni' Grand Prix
“Osvaldo Cavandoli” Prize
January 21 – February 28, 2018
Theme: On the road
Regulations1) The contest is open to all professional cartoonists, caricaturists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world.
2) The competition is divided into three sections: A) Graphic humor B) Satire | C) Caricature
Each participant can submit up to three works, one for each section, specifying the title
3) Theme: On the Road
4) The works must be UNPUBLISHED, accompanied by the participation card, biography and photo. Any work already published on paper or on the web will automatically be excluded from the assignement of prizes.
5) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
6) Technique: Free.
The artworks Works can be made with any technique, including digital techniques.
7) The artworks could be send in two ways: A) Sending the artworks’ original | B) Electronic submission
A) A) Sending originals by post: each artwork must be signed by the author, with the personal information (name, surname, address), title and technique. The works, accompanied by the participation card, must be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero, 10,
21013 Gallarate (VA)
B) Electronic submission: The file must include the author's name and the progressive number (for example Name_1.jpg, Name_2.jpg, etc.). File format: JPG, 300 DPI, Max 2MB for each image.
The files, accompanied by the participation card, should be sent by email to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: In the event of awarding a prize, the winner is required to send the original work that will become part of the "Humor at Gallarate Collection". In case of digital artwork, the author is required to send an high-definition print with the "unique copy" caption.
8) Deadline: 12.00 PM December 15, 2017
The Jury will meet Saturday, December 16, 2017
9) Prizes: the Jury will assign the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best artwork among all the sections
(Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - 1.000 € + diploma
1st Prize – 500 € + diploma for each section
One special Mention of Jury – Diploma for each section
5 mention of honor for each
“Cava Prize” 500 € + diploma. The special "Cava Award" named after Osvaldo Cavandoli, creator of the celebrated "La Linea" character, will be assigned to the artwork that, chosen from all the sections, will combine the beauty of humorous, satirical or caricatural content with the essence of the core graphic execution.
10) Jury: The selection of works and the awarding of prizes is exclusive jurisdiction of the Jury, appointed by the Pro Loco Gallarate, which will meet on December 16, 2017 in Gallarate. The jury's decision is final and unquestionable.
11) Exhibition: from January 21, 2018 at Maga Museum (Gallarate).
There will be also Marilena Nardi’s solo art exhibition.
Opening ceremony: Sunday, January 21, 2018, at 11:00 AM
All authors who will attend the opening ceremony are invited to a rustic lunch.
12) Catalogue: Each selected author, exhibited in shows and published in the catalog, will receive a complimentary copy of the same
13) Property and rights: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy or other countries. None of works will be returned but will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the artworks, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.prolocogallarate.it
Regulations + ENTRY FORM (PDF).
The Organizing Committee extends its invitation to artists and researchers around the world to participate in this event.
The Organizing Committee believes artists to be the gentle soul, the aware human conscience and the worried eyes of their era's challenges. Therefore, the concerns and materials of their works shall be the pivotal theme.
Introduction of works with novel and engaging capacity in the frame of using one or more disciplines of classic and new visual arts, which have become organized and exhibit an original and conceptual artistic idea.
Method, technique and the number of works:
1. The technique and method for presenting the work is free.
2. Each applicant may participate with 3 single works or one project (or a combination of both) in the Festival
3. The presentation space for statues or installations in the exhibition is a maximum of 300 x 300 x 300
4. If a work is exhibited in a relevant combination, installation, body or structure, it will be construed as a project.
5. A maximum of one work or one project will be admitted from each selected artist.
6. The submitted work should not have been displayed at previous Fajr Festivals of Visual Arts
7. Drawings, paintings, Persian painting, calligraphy, ceramic, photography, caricature, graphic, sculpture, illustration, architecture (monument design), video art, installations, environmental, performance, new arts, etc., which have been created independently or in combination, will be accepted
Submission and selection of works:
1. Registration, application ad submission of the works' images can only be made through the Festival's website of www.ivafestival.ir
2. The size of each submitted file should be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 6 MB.
3. The applicants are required to register their CVs and 3 examples of their previous works in the Festival's site.
4. The applicants are required to submit a written text (statement) for description and clarification of their works. The statement shall not exceed a maximum of 100 words.
5. The works will be selected in two stages. First the Art Council will review the CVs, the image of the works and the statements to designate the selected artists and works. The relevant artists will be informed of the results. Then in the second stage, the selected artists in interaction and coordination with the Art Council will prepare the final work and deliver it to the Festival's Secretariat.
Judgment and selection of the top works:
The top works will be selected by a jury composed of Iranian and international artists.
Prizes and awards:
1. The jury will select 10 works among those admitted to the Festival and each winner will receive a Golden Tooba Statuette and a cash prize of IRR 150 million.
2. All artists admitted to the Festival will receive a certificate of participation and a book of the Festival.
Secretary General: Mojtaba Aghaee
Art Secretary: Jamshid Haghighatshenas
Executive Secretary: Abdol Rahim Siahkarzadeh
Art Council: Farah Ossooli, Manijeh Sehi, Kambiz derambakhsh, Behrooz Darosh, Sedaghat Jabbari, Mohammad Ali Bani Assadi, Asghar Kafshchian Moghadam, Bijan Seifoori, Behzad Ajdari, Jamshid Haghighatshenas and Mojtaba Aghaee.
Rules and regulations:
• Participation in this Festival is open to all artists
• Participation in the Festival signifies the acceptance of the regulations and judgment of the Art Council and the Jury.
• Any paraphrase, citation, quotation or copy from the work (s) of reference artists shall be clearly mentioned in the statement. Failure to comply with this regulation shall result in the elimination from the Festival and the revocation of prizes and awards.
• The artist shall be responsible for preparation, supply of equipment and material, presentation and display of the work.
• The artist shall be responsible for submission, receipt, transportation and execution of the work at the exhibition.
• The Festival Secretariat shall have the right of using the works in media and information, cultural advertisement and display inside and outside the country subject to mentioning the name of the artists.
• The Secretariat will not accept any liability for damages arising from improper shipment or posting of the work.
• Interested artists may refer to the website of www.ivafestival.ir for further information and the regulations of other sections of the Festival.
• Decision about contingencies shall be taken by the Festival’s Secretary General.
1. Call for entries and start of registration on the website: Tuesday 15th August 2017
2. Deadline for registration on the site: 11th December 2017 (max. by 14:00)
3. Initial selection of the works: 13th – 21st December 2017
4. Announcement of the initial selection: 23rd December 2017
5. Collection of selected works from the artists: 24th December 2017 – 5th January 2018
6. Final selection of the works: 6th – 8th January 2018
7. Announcement of final entrants to the Festival: 8th January 2018
8. Installation of works: 8th – 22nd January 2018
9. Opening ceremony: Tuesday 23rd January 2018
10. Closing and prize award ceremony: Friday 23rd February 2018
Address and contact number of the Permanent Secretariat:
#17, Shahid Sodooghi Alley, opposite Laleh Park, North Karegar Street, Tehran Iran
Postal code: 14186 – 93541
Phone and fax: + 98 21 6694 6910 - + 98 21 6694 6911
Email: email@example.com .
Certificate from syriacartoon website
The 5th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON GATHERING - EGYPT 2018Eligible Participants:
(To be held in 15th April 2018)
The Ministry of Culture in Egypt, in cooperation with Egyptian Caricature Association organizes,
The 5th International Cartoon Gathering.
(To be held in 15th April 2018)
The Ministry of Culture in Egypt, in cooperation with Egyptian Caricature Association organizes,
The 5th International Cartoon Gathering.
• Opened to all artists from all over the world above 18 years of age.
• All artworks to be prepared at 300 dpi.
• Size A3 (297mmx420mm) in JPG format.
• Entries: Max. 5 cartoons.
• Submitted works can be in color or black and white, in any style or technique.
• Submitted works must not violate copyright laws.
• By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own and permit the organizers have full right to reproduce all or a part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition.
• Send your cartoons and your CV (Name - Address - Phone number - Email address) via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline: 5th January 2018
• A catalogue of the selected artworks will be printed, a copy of which will be sent to the selected cartoonists.
For more details please visit:
Or contact us at:
The President of the Gathering:
The Coordinator of the Gathering:
Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda
4 October, 2017.
Deadline for entries
19 November 2017.
The Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda invites all professional and amateur cartoonists, satirical artists and graphic designers to an international illustration contest with the theme:
The earth is all of ours. We can’t live without it. Can we make our beloved planet aware of this?
I. prize: 300 €
II. prize: 200 €
III. prize: 100 €
Entries can be sent via post or e-mail to the organiser of the contest.
Size of entries received by post should be A/3.
Cartoons sent by emails should be in JPG format (300 dpi), sized at about 2500 pixels wide if in portrait format and 3500 pixels wide if in landscape format.
All participants must be 14 or older.
Previously published cartoons are not allowed for submission.
Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
Postal address for entries: Sopron, Pf. 101, 9401, Hungary
Entries received by post will not be returned.
Email address for entries: email@example.com
Cartoons sent by email should contain the surname of the participant. A txt, doc or docx format text is required which includes the data of the participant and the cartoon. (listed below)
Attachment of works received either by post or by email should include:
o Title of the work
o Phone number
o Email address of the applicant.
Works will be judged by a professional jury. The jury will automatically disqualify any submission deemed offensive or inappropriate or any submission that violates copyright law or the rules of the competition.
A notification of the result of the competition will be sent to the provided email address by 24 November 2017.
The best pictures will be part of an environmental awareness exhibition, which will be accompanying significal events and will be presented as a travelling exhibition as well.
The works of the exhibition will be seen on the homepage and on the facebook site of Zöldbicikli Productions.
Further information about the competition will be constantly posted from 10 October 2017.on www.zoldbicikli.hu homepage.
Special professional advice can be asked of the competition’s artistic director Szénási Ferenc at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition organizer claims the rights for all submission.
By taking part in the competition, all participants agree to the conditions and regulations of the competition.
By entering the contest, the participants accept that any decision made by the jury is not negotiable.
We wish good luck to all participants!
Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda.
Conditions of Entry:
Participants are expected to produce work that is based conceptually on the theme of revolution, whether this references specifically the events of 1917 or any other revolution in history, be it red, black-and-white or indeed of any other color.
We encourage the participants to caricature famous historical figures, making use of allegory and allusion.
We will accept works employing any drawing technique, in digital format, size A4, at a resolution of 300 dpi.
An individual artist may enter any number of works without limit.
Collages will be judged along with cartoons in the same category.
Caricatures in the form of portraits will be judged in a separate subcategory.
Deadline for submission:
Works must be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than November 1st, 2017
Winners will be announced on November 7th, 2017.
1st Prize: 300 USD
2nd Prize: 200 USD
3rd Prize: 100 USD
Best caricature portrait: 50 USD
The Contest catalogue, poster and diplomas will be emailed in PDF format.
At the close of the competition, we are planning to exhibit the best works in Barcelona. We will be happy to provide the works to those wishing to organize their exhibition at another location.
Founder and editor of BEC
The International Site BestCARTOONS.net,
The CULTURE CENTER of Deva city,
CRISAN Publishing House,
The ACCES Association Deva and
Are very glad to invite you to participate in
The HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest, the 12th Edition / 2017 WinterCONTESTANTS
The HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest is an open competition for artists all over the world. Anyone may take part, with no restrictions.
The participation is free of charge.
THEMES & NUMBER OF WORKS
1. Theme: WINTER (winter holidays, new year, winter sports, Santa Claus, snow, snowman, gifts, christmas tree, etc) - maximum 5 works
2. Free Theme: MY BEST OF 2016-2017 - maximum 5 works
Graphic Humor - Cartoons or Caricatures without words! (we accept also drawings with little text in english)
DEADLINE 30 November 2017
JURY & PRIZES
The Jury, made up of renowned cartoonists, will award the following prizes for the best works:
GOLD PRIZE - 500 $, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
SILVER PRIZE - 400 $, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
BRONZE PRIZE - 300 $, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
10 PRIZE for EXCELLENCE, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
Jury’s decisions are final.
Other Special Prizes offered by the sponsors may be awarded.
The prizes can be paid in Deva or can be posted to the cost of the receiver. The organizer does not assume any liability regarding taxes or bank charges.
The original drawings of the prize winning entries should be sent in maximum two weeks from the results announcement, well wrapped and protected against damages. The mail address for sending winning originals is: CRISAN Publishing House, strada Mihai Viteazu, bl. 47, ap 1, 330091 Deva, jud. Hunedoara, Romania.
WORKS & SUBMISSION OF WORKS
Works should be sent exclusively through the web page https://goo.gl/FZbKk4 . Detailed instructions here.
Works must be originals and any kind of graphical technique will be accepted, including digital artwork.
Entries can be either black and white or coloured. Size of entries is a A4 or A3 format.
The works must be digitized in 300 DPI resolution, RGB, JPG or PNG format, with the maximum limit of 5 MB.
The name of the cartoons, in english, must contain the entrant’s family name, given name, country and a few keywords related to the work. Example: CRISAN Horia - Romania - hunter - plane - dog
SUBMISSION OF ARTIST'S BIOGRAPHY, IN ENGLISH
The biography in english, containing the author’s details (photo or caricature, address, date of birth, education, profession, awards, publications, books, exhibitions, etc.) should be sent exclusively through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org .
EXHIBITION & RESULTS
The cartoons selected for the contest will be permanent exhibited, free of charge, on BestCARTOONS.net, for the visitors around the world and for the attention of all cartoonists (to prevent similarity, copying and steeling). Any cartoon which is similar, copied or stolen will not be awarded.
The contest results will be announced on the HumoDEVA 2017 Winter web site .
The eCatalog, in .pdf format, will be sent by email to all selected artists.
By participating, the entrants grant the organizers the right to use their entries as advertising for the HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest and for the site BestCARTOONS.net (e.g. as cartoon books, catalogs, advertising in the press, internet and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and /or cartoon contest organization, calendars, etc) without any special fees paid to the authors.
By submitting the works to The HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest the artists accept the decisions of the Jury and the rules printed above.
All copyrights are held by the authors of the works.
Horia CRISAN, founder of HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest & owner of BestCARTOONS.net
Liviu STANILA, co-founder of HumoDEVA International Cartoon Contest & illustrator
GOLDEN HAT 2018RULES
All persons over 18 years of age are eligible to participate in this international contest. Participants shall agree to the terms and conditions of the rules and the decisions of the jury. Belgian law governing withholding tax on prizes won by foreign participants applies.
Participation is free of charge. Deadline 31.12.2017.
A cartoon is a humorous drawing. This may be a caricature of a famous person, a parody of a real situation, or simply a picture of a funny situation. The cartoon may consist of one image or take the form of a short comic strip. No moving images allowed.
Participants are free to choose the theme of their entries.
Maximum 5 submissions per person, black and white or colour.
The cartoons must not contain text.
Drawings can also be made digitally.
They must be packaged flat and not folded.
Works under glass, framed or in other materials will not be accepted.
They must not have been exhibited in Belgium or awarded in other countries.
Digital entries: min. 2480 x 3500 pixels (A4 300dpi). Allowed file types: jpg jpeg eps tif psd pdf.
Entries may only be sent by post after the form has been completed on the website and the form is enclosed with the entry. Dimensions min. 21 x 30 cm or max. 30 x 42 cm. The entrant’s name, first name and address must be written on the back of each cartoon.
Your participation is only valid if we have received your fully completed entry form on our website.
Entries are submitted at the expense of the entrants.
The selected cartoons wil be framed with a passe-partout for the exhibition.
ORIGINALITY OF WORKS
The sender remains responsible for the originality of his work. Discussions and possible claims concerning all forms of plagiarism are the responsibility of the contributor.
By participating, entrants grant the organizing body the right to use their entries as advertising for the “International Cartoon Festival” and the seaside resort Knokke-Heist (e.g. as cartoon book, catalogue, advertising in the press and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon festival organizers, calendar).
A professional jury will make a selection from the entries for the exhibition and will declare the prize winners.
OWNERSHIP BY ORGANIZING BODY
All submitted works shall become the property of the organizing body.
In collaboration with “Davidsfonds” Leuven, a cartoon book will be published, subject to budgetary and technical constraints. Selected participants will be entitled to one copy.
Golden Hat 5.000 € *
Silver Hat 2.000 € *
Bronze Hat 1.000 € *
Audience Award 500 €
* + flight and hotelaccommodation in Knokke-Heist during the opening (one night)
Cultural centre Knokke-Heist vzw
Maxim Willemspad 1 , 8300 Knokke-Heist BELGIUM
Phone +32 50 63 04 30
Entry Form on source.
The International Site BestCARTOONS.net, are very glad to invite you to participate in
The 11th INT’L CARTOON CONTEST URZICENI 2017
2. The artworks must be presented on a FREE THEME or/and on
THE THEME – “FROM YOUTH TO OLD AGE”.
3. Deadline: November 22, 2017.
4. You can submit max 6 works for the FREE THEME and max 6 works for the THEME SECTION. The cartoons must not contain any text. The name of the cartoons must contain the entrant’s family name, country and title of work (in English). The works must be digitized in 300 DPI resolution, RGB color mode, in JPG format, with a maximum size of 2 MB.
5. Send your cartoons and your CV to the e-mail address: email@example.com
6. The cartoons submitted to the contest will be exhibited on the Urziceni 2017 website so the cartoonists can carefully study them, in order to prevent similarity, copying and stealing. Any similar, copied or stolen cartoon will not be awarded. The contest results will be announced on the Urziceni 2017 website .
7. The International Jury will award the following prizes for the best works, no matter the categories:
GOLD PRIZE - 500 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
SILVER PRIZE - 300 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
BRONZE PRIZE - 150 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
Ten EXCELLENCY Special Honor Diplomas and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
The Jury’s decisions are final. Other Special Prizes offered by the sponsors may be awarded.
The prizes can be paid in Urziceni or can be sent by post and the recipient will bear the cost of sending them. The organizer does not assume any liability regarding the taxes or bank charges. The originals of the winning drawings should be sent in maximum two weeks from the results announcement, well wrapped and protected against damages.
8. By participating, the entrants grant the organizing body the right to use their entries as advertising for the Urziceni International Cartoon Contest and for the website BestCARTOONS.net (e.g. as cartoon books, catalogues, advertising in the press, internet and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon contest organization, calendars, etc) without any special fees paid to the authors.
9. For further information, please e-mail us to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
10. By submitting the works to Urziceni 2017 INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST, the artists accept the decisions of the Jury and the rules printed above.
Nicolae PETRACHE, General Manager of CH Urziceni.
Awarded participants at the Competition for caricature, humor and aphorism "Me, Itar Pejo"The awarding commissions for the Caricature, Humor and Aphorism Contest "Me, Itar Pejo", held on 13.09.2017 (Wednesday), starting at 11:00 am held a meeting announcing the participants of the Competition. The awards will be presented at a ceremony that will be held on October 27, 2017, starting at 19:00 hours at the Ministry of Culture in Bitola. The commissions worked in the following composition:
President - Ivan Bojadziski
Commission for caricature:
1. Jordan Pop Iliev, President
2. Jordan Gjorchev, member
3. Hasan Fazlic (Bosnia and Herzegovina), member.
Commission for aphorism:
1. Mile Gjorgjioski, President
2. Ivan Bojadziski, member
3. Igor Damjanovic (Serbia), member
Commission for humor:
1. Hristo Petreski, President
2. Trajche Kacarov, member
3. Vasil Tocinovski, member
Winners of awards
1. Caricature Awards
From the received cartoons of 78 authors from all over the world, three main and seven special awards were awarded:
First prize - Miro Georgievski, Macedonia
Second prize - Goran Cellican, Serbia
Third prize - Mehmed Kahraman, Turkey (Top)
2. Awards for aphorism
From the received aphorisms of 49 authors, three main and six special awards were awarded:
First prize - Vasil Tolevski, Macedonia
Second prize - Vitomir Velinski, Macedonia
Third prize - Rade Gjergovic, Serbia
3. Humor awards
From the received aphorisms of 30 authors, three main and three special awards were awarded:
First prize - Tomislav Drvar, Serbia
Second prize - Angelina Laposka, Macedonia
Third prize - Vladislav Vlahovic, Montenegro.
Apart from the main awards, the commissions decided to award special awards to some of the students at the competition, which will be announced on the day of awarding the awards.