I am happy to inform you that IIC is organising 'BANKARTOONS' an exhibition of cartoons on Banking by Mr. H.S.Vishwanath on 1st December 2018 at the cartoon gallery.
Please find the invitation for the same.
Indian Institute of Cartoonists,
#1, Midford House, Midford Gardens,
Off M.G.Road, Bangalore-560001
Yoyoy Satiristang Bisaya
In partnership with:
Campo Santo Design Studio (print & design)
Cartoon Home Network International (social media)
The Quill - official student publication of Southwestern University (student category host)
The venues of exhibition will be announced on the 20th of January 2019.
Upholding Human Rights is our Advocacy. So join us with our mission to promote human rights information through Cartoons.
For more updates of this event, like and follow our facebook page.
Use the hashtags #CartoonsOnHumanRights #2ndCebuLampoonFest to keep updated.
International Cartoon Festival Franzensbad 2019, CzechiaRULES
Compulsory Subject: HEALTH CARE
1- We accept cartoons only on the topic you entered
2- Total number of cartoons per author: at least 3 pieces, maximum 5 pieces
3- A cartoon must not have won an appraisal at previous competitions
4- Cartoons without words are not a requirement, but they have an advantage
5- Cartoons should only be sent electronically to: email@example.com
6- Deadline April 30th, 2019
7- The technical parameters should be as follows: at least 300 DPI; JPG, PNG or PDF format
8- By sending their cartoons, the author agrees with the following:
a) The organizer can use the cartoons for the promotional purposes of this International Festival of Cartoons
b) The cartoons will be used in the humorous magazine, Tapír
Award Winning Works:
1. Prize money: Winner 15.000 CZK
2. Runner-up 10.000 CZK
3. Second runner-up 5.000 CZK.
6th KalDer Bursa International Cartoon Contest
SpecificationThe Caricature Contest will be held with collaboration of KalDer Bursa Branch Office and Anadolu Karikaturculer Dernegi (Anatolian Caricaturists Society) for the 6th time within the 17th Quality and Success Symposium which is going to take place in Bursa between 12th – 13th of April 2019.
1. Topic of the Contest: "THE FUTURE IS IN OUR HANDS"
Immanuel Kant, one of the important figures of philosophy, has voiced in the 18th century that “People should use their own minds now.” Nowadays, we understand that “People should use the minds of machines.”
The amazing developments in science and technology have changed human life, which was primitive up to a few centuries ago, quickly. Thousands of people who have different lifestyle made an effort to adapt to these changes. Societies have experienced various management systems in the course of time. Countries set up the order to exploit other countries. Asymmetric income distribution occurred. Modern slavery and consumer labor force began to destroy world resources.
Within this context, the questions we encounter;
What will happen to people in the future if life goes like this?
How will the future of the person who has difficulty accepting rapid changes be created?
How do we make “human” the winner of all time?
How will we criticize today to solve the human problems?
In line with this context, we organize our competition with the subject "THE FUTURE IS IN OUR HANDS"
2. Last date for application: 16 January 2019, Wednesday.
3. The contest is receptive internationally for all amateur and professional caricaturists.
4. Application: Limited with three (3) caricatures, may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in 300 dpi jpg format.
5. The caricatures can be published, yet should not be awarded in another competition. The caricatures will be published at www.facebook.com/kalder.bursa social media account between 21.01.2019 - 31.01.2019 for detection of plagiarism and resemblance. Objections will not be considered after these dates.
6. Competing caricatures may be printed and used in KalDer organisations (posters, books, albums, postcards, brochures, invitations, exhibitions, etc.) and published in internet environment. One of the artworks may be used as the main visual of the 17th Quality and Success Symposium which will be held in Bursa between 12th to 13th of April 2019. All remaining publication rights belongs to the author. Competitors are considered to have an agreement in these conditions.
• 1st Place 3.500 TL and Plaque
• 2nd Place 2.000 TL and Plaque
• 3rd Place 1.000 TL and Plaque
• Three Honorable Mention Plaques
• Anatolian Caricaturists Society Special Award (Plaque).
Explanation: Reward money and plaques will be sent to respective winners in March 2019. Reward money will be paid according to exchange rates of the date of payment in USD for international artists.
8. Results will be announced at www.facebook.com/kalder.bursa social media account on 09 February 2019, Saturday.
- Ahmet Aykanat (Turkey) Cartoonist
- Mehmet Kahraman (Turkey) Cartoonist
- Cuneyt Şenyavas (Turkey) Cartoonist
- Mehmet Zeber (Turkey) Cartoonist
- Halit Kurtulmus (Turkey) Cartoonist
- Agim Sulaj (Italy) Cartoonist
- Vladimir Kazanevsky (Ukraine) Cartoonist
- Erdal Elbay (Turkey) KalDer Bursa
- Aykan Kurkur (Turkey) KalDer Bursa
- Arzu Ozel (Turkey) KalDer Bursa
Person in Charge of Organisation:
E-mail Adress for the works to be sent: email@example.com
Phone: +90224 241 60 10
KalDer Bursa (Turkiye Kalite Derneği Bursa Branch Office)
Yuzuncu Yil Mah. 416. Sok. No:2/1 Nilufer / Bursa / Turkey.
"THE DICTATORSHIP OF MONEY" - DECEMBER 20181. After the success that put the festival in the world network of caricature festivals, gaining 4 stars, the Calarasi Festival - one of the biggest of its kind in Eastern Europe, explosively develops by 2013. Starting with this edition, it became The World Humour Festival from Calarasi, with 4 categories.
a. CARICATURE - theme "The Dictatorship of Money"
b. PORTRAIT CARICATURE - worldwide known faces should be immortalized, this category holds the International Trophy "Stefan Banica".
c. DIGITAL HUMOUR - any type of digital artwork following the theme.
d. PHOTOGRAPHY- hilarious instants.
THE GRAND PRIZE - each artwork is automatically signed up for it regardless of the category.
3. There is an unlimited number of artworks that can be sent. The artworks have to be authentic, accompanied by the sign up form and an autobiography.
4. The size of the artworks should be A3 or A4, JPG format with the minimum side of 1600 pixels or scanned at 300 dpi resolution.
5. Deadline: 26 NOVEMBER 2018
THE GRAND PRIZE - 3000 USD
1ST PLACE - 500 USD
2ND PLACE - 300 USD
3RD PLACE - 200 USD
"Stefan Banica" Trophy - 300 USD
1ST PLACE - 500 USD
2ND PLACE - 300 USD
3RD PLACE - 200 USD
Photography - 300 USD
Special prizes - offered by partners and sponsors for all categories.
Depending on the number of participants from all categories and the quality of the artworks, the jury reserves its right to forward the prize amounts.
7. The artworks should be sent at: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Further info: Tel/ Fax: 0040242-315383;
9. The artworks will be added to the Humor Museum of Calarasi and its collection.
(Competition e-mail address updated 08.11.2018 11:15.)
Deadline: 11 January 2019
Jury meeting: 25 January 2019
Opening and prize giving ceremony: April 2019
RULES OF THE EURO-KARTOENALE THEME 'THE WALL'
1. The number of entries is limited to 5.
Any kind of graphical technique will be accepted. The works may not have been exhibited, published or awarded before. The drawings shall not bear subtitles.
2. You can send your works in two ways:
- Register and upload your cartoons on our website www.ecc-kruishoutem.be/register
- Send them by regular post to the following new address: Euro-kartoenale - Réné d'Huyvetterstraat 5C - 9770 Kruishoutem - Belgium - Europe
On our website you can check the list of participants to see if you works have arrived. The entry list is updated daily.
3. The drawings shall have the following dimensions: A4 – 300 dpi, maximum 3MB for digital works.
4. The drawings sent by post must bear, on the reverse side, the surname, forename and address of the participant.
5. By participating, the artist agrees with this rules and the privacy disclaimer and authorize the organizers to publish the submitted works in the catalogue and for the promotion of the exhibition. For any other use of the cartoons the permission of the cartoonist is previously requested.
6. The following prizes are awarded:
1st prize: € 1.800,00 + trophy
2nd prize: € 1.500,00 + trophy
3rd prize: € 1.300,00 + trophy
Best European cartoon: € 900,00
Best Belgian cartoon: € 900,00
Prize of the ECC: Personal exhibition in the ECC.
On the occasion of the prize-giving ceremony, all the winners are invited for a stay of 3 days in Kruishoutem.
7. On request the participants get a free catalogue. However, the postage costs are for their own account. They can also collect the catalogue at the European Cartoon Center.
8. By participating the artist lends the submitted works to the organizers for itinerant exhibitions. Consequently, the selected works will remain at the disposal of the organizers until December 2020! The awarded works will become property of the organization.
9. The original entries will only be sent back by the organizers on written request. The organization can in no way be held responsible for eventually damaged or lost works.
10. If after announcement of the prizes, it appears that plagiarism has been committed, the jury can after deliberation withdraw the prize.
11. The international jury of cartoon professionals will meet in Kruishoutem on the 25th of January 2019. The complete list of jury members will be announced on our website after the expiry of the deadline.
13. The inauguration and prize-giving ceremony will take place in April 2019. The exhibition will run from April till June 2019.
Spiro Radulovic, cartoonist, president
Ognjan Radulovic, editor-in-chief of Ilustrovana Politika
Radmila Grbovic, editor of Ilustrovana Politika.
First prize: MILENKO KOSANOVIC (Serbia) (Top)
Ladies and Gentelmans….We begin the 42nd edition of Satyrykon! Regulations – prepared. Application cards – prepared. The unfortunate General Data Protection Regulation, which all we have to face this year – also prepared.
And theme… Yes, theme is ready too.
We accept works until February 2, 2019 in the following categories:
I – Theme: STOP
II – SATIRE & JOKE
So set to work!
S A T Y R Y K O N - L e g n i c a 2 0 1 9
rules and regulations
rules and regulations
I. Participation conditions1. SATYRYKON 2019 International Exhibition is an open competition.
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2018-2019), and qualified by artists to one of the following sections:
I – theme: STOP
II – SATIRE & JOKE
(drawings without captions are preferred)
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the SATYRYKON competition.
4. The format of works – maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 2, 2019 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover, to:
SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019
Organisers are not responsible for transport damages. THE PARTICIPANTS ARE KINDLY ASKED NOT TO POST THE WORKS VIA ELECTRONIC MEANS AS THESE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE COMPETITION.
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, organisers reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. In this way, the work chosen by the author, will cover our postage costs. In case, it has not been selected by the author, the organisers will choose one of the works sent into the competition.
7. Works should be accompanied by a short biographical note and a filled application form (PLEASE USE CAPITALS).
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix SATYRYKON 2019 – pure gold key and purse amounting to 8.000 PLN
2 gold medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN each
2 silver medals and purses amounting to 5.500 PLN each
2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN each
and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each
Director of Legnica Culture Centre in amount of 4.000 PLN award for a photography work
Mayor of Legnica in amount of 4.000 PLN award
The organisers are expecting extra awards for laureates:
for the Author of THE BEST DEBUT and the Author of THE STUDENT DEBUT to be accompanied by a solo exhibition at the Satyrykon Gallery within the programme of SATYRYKON 2019 events.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, i.e. to change their number, not to award them, or not to award the Grand Prix SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final.
The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2019 at Satyrykon web site: www.satyrykon.pl
n o t e !
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition and their collecting the awards by December 15, 2019, or the awards can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author.
III. Participants’ privileges
1. Authors of the works qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue and a free-of-charge place in the catalogue.
2. Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2019 event on June 13-16, 2019.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in Poland and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2020. WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL.
IV. Final provisions
Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publication of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: email@example.com) and Satyrykon Foundation (+48 76 852-23-44; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – PL 59-220 Legnica, Chojnowska 2) – are organisers of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019.
S c h e d u l e:
Deadline for works reception February 2, 2019 (date of the postmark)
Jury meeting February 22-24, 2019
Post-competition exhibition June 6 – August 25, 2019
Return of the works after the exhibition cycle December 30, 2020
General Data Protection Regulation 2019 (You must caption this document!) and Application form Satyrykon 2019 are both on source to download.
10th International Tourism Cartoons Competition 2018The objective of the competition, which was first held in 2009, is to examine tourism, which is one of the biggest sectors in the world, with its various dimensions. Also, the competition aims to put forward cartoonists’ aspects in terms of travelling population’s experiences and relations during their travel. In this respect, the main objective of this competition is to assess such topics, developments and experiences within the tourism industry as accommodation, transportation, food and beverage, recreation, sightseeing, museums, environment, tourist-resident relationships, from cartoonists’ point of view.
Competition is held annually and is open to all cartoonists from all over the world, both amateur and professional.
The theme of the competition in 2018 is "Travel memories".
Cartoons will be accepted in two sections:
Adult Category: This category is open for the all of cartoonists who are 17 and older.
Young Category: This category is open for the cartoonists who are 16 and younger.
First Announcement: July 2018
Deadline for Submission: 31 December 2018
Meeting of the pre-Selection Committee: 19 January 2019
Announcement of finalist cartoons (for possible objections): January 24 – 31, 2019
Notification of Winners: April 2019
Category of Adult Cartoonists:
The Grand Award: $3000
The Second Award: Holiday in Turkey (5 days, 2 persons)
The Third Award: Holiday in Turkey (5 days, 2 persons)
Professor Atila Özer Recognition Award: $1500
Two Mentions : Plate
Category of Young Cartoonists:
The Grand Award: $1500
Two Achievement Awards: Plate.
For more information:
We would like to remind you that is open the on-line voting for the PortoCartoon 2018.
You can choose your favorite cartoon, independently of the choice of the jury of this festival.
People all around the world can vote in the Cartoon Virtual Museum at:
24 works are in contest, and each one can be seen in detail.
The candidates are the awarded and the honorable mentions of the 20th PortoCartoon-World Festival.
The voting is open on the Portuguese Printing Press Museum and on the Cartoon Virtual Museum until December 31st.
Your vote is very important for the better decision!
With my very best regards
Luiz Humberto Marcos
The Portuguese Printing Press Museum
Estrada Nacional 108, nº 206
4300-316 Porto, Portugal
Tlf: (+351) 222 031 159
The Municipality of Urziceni and
The International Site BestCARTOONS.net
Are very glad to invite you to participate in
The 12th International Cartoon Contest Urziceni 2018, Romania
2. You can submit, only by email, max 6 works for the FREE THEME (portraits are also accepted) and max 6 works for the THEME – ”TOGETHER 100”.
3. Deadline: November 18, 2018.
4. The name of the cartoons must contain the entrant’s family name, country and title of work (in English).
The works must be digitized in 300 DPI resolution, RGB color mode, in JPG format, with a max. size of 2 MB.
5. Send your cartoons and your CV to the e-mail address: email@example.com
6. The cartoons submitted to the contest will be exhibited on the Urziceni website, so the cartoonists can study them, in order to prevent similarity, copying and stealing. Any similar, copied or stolen cartoon will not be awarded.
The contest results will be announced on the Urziceni 2018 website .
7. The International Jury will award the following prizes for the best works, no mater the categories:
GOLD PRIZE - 500 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
SILVER PRIZE - 250 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
BRONZE PRIZE - 150 euro, Special Honor Diploma and a Personal Gallery on BestCARTOONS.net
Ten EXCELLENCY Special Honor Diplomas.
The Jury’s decisions are final. Other Special Prizes offered by the sponsors may be awarded.
The prizes can be paid in Urziceni or can be sent by post and the recipient will bear the cost of sending them.
The organizer does not assume any liability regarding the taxes or bank charges. The originals of the winning drawings should be sent by mail in max. two weeks from the results announcement, well wrapped and protected against damages.
8. By participating, the entrants grant the organizers the right to use their entries as advertising for the Urziceni International Cartoon Contest and for the website BestCARTOONS.net (e.g. as cartoon books, catalogues, advertising in the press, internet and other media, separate promotional printed works such as posters, leaflets, etc., promotional gifts by the city council and/or cartoon contest organization, calendars, etc) without any special fees paid to the authors.
9. By submitting the works to Urziceni 2018 INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST, the artists accept the decisions of the Jury and the rules printed above.
Nicolae PETRACHE, General Manager of CH Urziceni.
Horia CRISAN, owner of BestCARTOONS.net .
IIC is organising an exhibition of cartoons
by first US lady cartoonist
to win the prestigious Pulitzed Prize,
from 6th to 20th October 2018.
Please find attached invite.
Indian Institute of Cartoonists,
#1, Midford House, Midford Gardens,
Off M.G.Road, Bangalore-560001
Ph: 080-41758540, Mobile: 9980091428
announces the international cartoon competition
Brain Sneezing - from kalokagathia to hypochondria and back
Topic 2018: SALTO MORTALE
Deadline:20th November 2018
Competition terms :
Each author can send maximum 5 original works.
The format of works should not exceed the A4 dimension.
The competition is non-anonymous.
The works can be sent either online, by filling the electronic application form, or via regular mail, with each work signed on the reverse with the author´s name and their address.
The rewarded works will become the property of the organiser.
The results will be announced on the 27th November 2018 and the winners will be awarded the following prizes:
1st prize 500.00 EUR
2nd prize 300.00 EUR
3rd prize 200.00 EUR
The competition Jury reserves the right to grant other special prizes or not to grant some of the prizes.
The organisers will accept all the works that will be delivered online at the web address:
The organisers reserve the right to publish selected works in promotional materials and to re-install the exhibition. The catalogue will be sent to each competitor whose works will be published in the catalogue.
The authors agree that their works become the property of the organisers at no charge, that copies of their works might be made and used in re-installing the exhibition in other venues and that their works might be published free of charge in order to promote the exhibition.
If you have problems with the online registration send your cartoons to the email address:
The international competition and exhibition "Brain Sneezing & Salto Mortale" is financially supported by the International Visegrad Fund.
Dubová 5, 08001 Prešov