1-PARTICIPATION: April 2 to June 18, 2019.
The 11th Salão Medplan de Humor is open to all graphic artists, who can register their own work (subject to non-observance of this condition by cancellation of registration or withdrawal of prizes received), which have not been awarded until the date of closure of the entries, in the modes of charge and / or cartoon, caricature and comic strips. The comic strip should have only one page. If you choose the comic strip, the artist can put up to 5 comic strips on the page.
The awards ceremony will be July 27, with the announcement of the winners.
Each artist can register with a maximum of 5 (five) works in the format 30X40 cm and using any technique in the three categories: cartoon, caricature and comic strips. The full name of the author, address (please, with ZIP code), e-mail, telephone, ID number, CPF and bank account must be written on the back of each drawing or in the online form.
The artist can participate by sending his works through the website www.medplan.com.br (with a maximum size of 3 megabytes) or sending the originals to: 11º Salão Medplan de Humor Rua Coelho Rodrigues, 1921 – Centro CEP: 64000-080 Teresina – PI BRAZIL
The theme of the 11th Salão Medplan de Humor will be NARCISSISM. 3- AWARDS
First prize: R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais).
Second Prize: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand reais).
Medplan Award for Caricature: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Medplan Award for Comics / Comic Strips: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Internet Award: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). The Internet Prize will be chosen by Internet users, from July 8 to 12, at the website: www.medplan.com.br
The best works will be part of the traveling exhibition of the 11th Salão Medplan de Humor. The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the Medplan collection. The works will not be returned.
Medplan employees, their relatives, or anyone involved in our organization may not participate in this meeting. If the award jury finds fraud or plagiarism in any work enrolled, it may cancel the prize awarded. The result of the award may be challenged up to four days after the opening of the Exhibition, with adequate proof of any irregularities committed without the jury's knowledge.
Simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms. Other information: +55 (86) 99975-2514
The 13th International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic, Bucovina 2019, Romania
The Bucovina Museum from Suceava has the distinct pleasure of inviting you to participate to the International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic BUCOVINA - ROMANIA, the 13 th Edition, 2019.
1. The International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic has as theme: ”Real eyes realize real lies.” (lie, indeed, favorably, etc)
2. We address to all the professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world, regardless of their age.
3. The number of sent cartoons is maximum five.
4. Please attach in .doc format a brief presentation of your artistic activity (surname and name, exact address, e-mail address, a photo and your CV).
5. The exhibition prizes are:
- Grand prize – 500 € + diploma + gold medal
- Second prize - 300 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Third prize - 100 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Three mentions - diploma + medal
6. The cartoons must be sent at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and they must be of 300 dpi resolution, A4 format, realized in any technique: black and white or coloured.
7. All the events of the exhibition will be published in the web page of the Bucovina Museum and also on the webpages of the partners. All the artists who will qualify for the exhibition will receive the printed catalogue containing all the selected cartoons.
8. Deadline for sending your cartoons: 31st of May 2019.
9. The exhibition will be opened for the public in June 2019.
10. Bucovina Museum – muzeulbucovinei.ro and „Gândeşte” Association – gandeste.org reserve the right to use the works submitted for the contest in any way suited to promote the contest and its results. Jury Members: Mihai Panzaru Pim – cartoonist; George Licurici – cartoonist; Ovidiu Ambrozie Borta BOA- cartoonist. Artistic manager: BOA www.artboa.ro; www.artboa.blogspot.com, boa-caricatura.eu .
Source: muzeulbucovinei .
Cartoonists may use any techniques they like, on paper size A4. Each cartonist may submit up to 5 cartoons. Theme for this year is: ROBOT - MODERN ERA
Please add the name of the cartoon as well as your details, name and surname age, occupation, phone number and email to the back side of each cartoon.
Competition will be devided into two categories according to the age. First category "up to 15 years old" and the second category will be "over 15 years old". The deadline to post all cartoons will be by 3rd of May 2019 (based on the post stamp date).
The jury nominated by the organizers, will award prizes for the best cartoons in each category. The winners in the first category "up to 15 years old" will be awarded:
1st place: material prize, 2nd place: material prize, 3rd place: material prize.
The winners in the second category "over 15 years old" will be awarded:
If the winner cannot attend on the event to collect the prize, all fees connected with adding financial prize to the winner's accountwill be withdrawn from te prize amount. Jury has the right not to award every prize, but they can award „Certificate of Merit“. The best creations will be displayed during a town festival named “Brezno town days 2019” held in May 2019.
The opening exhibition and award ceremony with authors participation will be held on June 1, 2019 in the Synagogue, Štúrova 11, Brezno. The cartoons will be kept by the event organisers and they reserve the right to publish all works in local press or other way. Results of the competition will be published in the regional Brezno newspaper MY HOREHRONIE.
Original cartoons should be sent in an envelope marked “O Bomburovu šabľu 2019”
Address details: Technické služby, Rázusova 16, 97701 Brezno SLOVAKIA
Information: Veronika Cerovská
or Mr. Peter Zifčák
HLP grafik s.r.o. Brezno Mr. Ferdinand Hrablay
E-mail: email@example.com .
The cultural association ‘De Geus’ (based in Lebbeke, Belgium) holds every two years a cartoon competition. 2. PARTICIPATION
The competition is open to anyone aged over 18. 3. ENTRIES
The cartoons sent in must be original and not have been published before. All graphic techniques are allowed. Text is not allowed.
The cartoons are to be drawn on A4 format and 300 dpi (maximum of 3 MB per cartoon) for digital cartoons.
Cartoons sent by post need to have the name and address of the author on the back-side of each cartoon.
Each participant can submit a maximum of 5 cartoons only. 4. DEADLINE
Deadline for submission is 15 August 2019
Cartoons need to be sent to:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail: Clement Vlassenroot Cartoonale ‘De Geus’ 2019 Duivenkeetstraat 16 B-9280 Lebbeke BELGIUM 5. PUBLICATION RIGHTS
By entering the contest, the cartoonist agrees that his/her work will be exhibited as stated in these rules and be published in the catalog of the contest. The prize-winning cartoons remain property of the organisers. 6. JURY
The jury awards the prizes autonomously.
No correspondence with the jury will be allowed on its decisions. 7. PRIZES
The jury will award five awards.
1st award : 800 Euro
2nd award : 400 Euro
3rd award : 200 Euro
4th award : 150 Euro
5th award : 150 Euro. 8. EXHIBITION AND AWARD CEREMONY
The results of the competition will be announced on Friday 11 October 2019 at 7.30 pm in the gallery ‘De Fontein’.
An exhibition of the selected works will take place in the gallery ‘De Fontein’ in Lebbeke on 12, 13, 19 and 20 October. 9. RETURN
The original versions of the cartoons will only be returned when clearly specified on the entry form. Cartoons can also be picked up on appointment with the organisers.
The organiser cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged cartoons during the shipment. 10. CARTOON CATALOG
Selected participants can, on request, get a printed version of the catalog.
The catalog can also be downloaded at the following address: www.curieusdegeus.be 11. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
19th World Press Freedom International Editorial Cartoon Competition
(Theme and Regulations)
1. The theme for the 19th International Editorial Cartoon Competition is: Open season on journalists
2018 was one of the worst years for the number of journalists killed while doing their work. In the annual report of Reporters Without Borders, 2018 was particularly deadly with 80 journalists killed in the line of duty (+ 8%). After three years of decline, the number of professional journalists assassinated is up 15%: 63 homicides, against 55 last year. The highly publicized killing of Saudi columnist Jamal Khashoggi has highlighted the unrestrained determination of the enemies of press freedom.
2. Three prizes will be awarded: a first prize of $1500 plus a Certificate from Canadian UNESCO, a second prize of $750 and a third prize of $500. All sums are in Canadian dollars.
Ten additional cartoons will receive an ‘Award of Excellence.’ Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in colour or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.5 by 11 inches. Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi.
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the right to use any of the cartoons entered for promotion of the Editorial Cartoon Competition.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day luncheon to be held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa on Thursday May 2, 2019 and will be advised by e-mail. The winner’s names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site.
8. The winning cartoons will be published in a program distributed at the luncheon.
The deadline for reception of cartoons is midnight (Eastern Standard Time), Friday, April 12, 2019.
Send submission by e-mail to: email@example.com
The Italian Championship of Lies was born in 1966. The reasons that led to the creation of this competition are to be found in the traditions of our little village over the Pistoia’s mountains, on the Italian Apennines, when in last century people used to meet in front of a fireplace to tell stories that mixed reality and fictious. The Italian Lie Academy, in occasion of the 43rd Italian Lies championship, declares the graphics section contest dedicated to Lie.
to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the moon landing (true or false) this year theme is: "THE LIE AMONG STARS".
1. The competition is structured in a single section.
2. Participation is free. Deadline for cartoon submission is Sunday, July 4th, 2019. Each participant can send up to 2 cartoons.
3. The entry form below must be completed in all its parts and sent along with the presentation of the works that take part in the competition.
4. The paper must be sent by postal mail to: Accademia della Bugia - Pro Loco Alta valle del Reno, via della chiesa, 27 - 51100 Le Piastre PT, Italy. Otherwise you can use our electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The comics can be written in italian or in english, but we advice that you can make a cartoon simply draw, without any text.
6. Italian Lie Academy will award the top three as follows: 1st place: "Gold Bugiardino". 2nd: "Silver Bugiardino". 3rd: "Bronze Bugiardino". The Bugiardino is the symbol of the Championship and is the bell tower of the village with a long nose, like the Pinocchio’s one.
It will be awarded with the "International Bugiardino" the best cartoon coming from abroad or drawn by a foreign national.
7. All the winning cartoons will be published on the website of the Italian championship of Lies (www.labugia.it).
8. The authors waive any fee related to copyright.
9. Prizes will be delivered during the 43rd Italian Championship of Lies that will take place in Le Piastre on the 3rd and 4th August 2019.
10. The works will be judged by a jury headed by the italian cartoonist Marco Fusi.
T h e P r o t o c o l
of the Jury session of International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019
23 February 2019 Jury represented by:
EUGENIUSZ SKORWIDER - chairman
VICTOR BOGORAD (Russia)
JIŘI KOŠTÝŘ (Czech Republic)
ROBERT PARŠO (Slovakia)
HENNING WAGENBRETH (Germany)
having seen 1.933 works by 539 authors, who come from 52 countries of the world, the Jury has decided to qualify 199 works by 121 authors for the post competition exhibition. The Jury has awarded the following regular prizes: SATYRYKON 2019 Grand Prix and money award of 8,000 PLN to SEYED ALI MIRAEE (Iran) for his work “Communists” (Top). Section: STOP
I prize, gold medal and money award of 6,000 PLN - SAJAD RAFEEI (Iran) for his work “A man hanging”.
II prize, silver medal and money award of 5,500 PLN - SZYMON SZYMANKIEWICZ (Poland) for his work “Factory”.
III prize, bronze medal and money award of 5,000 PLN - NIKA JAWOROWSKA-DUCHLIŃSKA (Poland) for her work “Dress”.
and two equal distinction awards of 4,000 PLN each for
ANDREI POPOV (Russia)for his work “Untouched snow”.
JERZY GŁUSZEK (Poland) for his work “Stop I”. Section: JOKE and SATIRE
I prize, gold medal and money award of 6,000 PLN - MICHAEL MAYEVSKY (Ukraine) for his untitled work.
II prize, silver medal and money award of 5,500 PLN - SERGEY SICHENKO (Israel) for his work “Cell”.
III prize, bronze medal and money award of 5,000 PLN - SERGEI BELOZEROV (Russia) for his work “Last leaf”.
and two equal distinction awards in of 4,000 PLN each for
SHAHROKH HEIDARI (France) for his work “OFF-ON!”.
OLEG DERGACHOV (Canada) for his work “Menu”.
See also the Special Prizes awarded
& the Exhibition Index.
Let’s make a difference! International Environmental Cartoon Contest
Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda
25 February 2019. Deadline for entries
28 April 2019. Theme
The Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda invites all professional and amateur cartoonists, satirical artists and graphic designers to an international illustration contest with the theme:
Wake up! This isn’t the 20th century anymore. The world is changing. Will it be better? Or worse? It also depends on us. Things used to be done differently. But now we have the opportunity to make a change. Show us what you think about the relationship between mankind and nature in the 21st century. Awards
I. prize: 300 €
II. prize: 200 €
III. prize: 100 € General rules
Entries can be sent via post or e-mail to the organiser of the contest.
Size of entries received by post should be A/3.
Cartoons sent by emails should be in JPG format (300 dpi), sized at about 2500 pixels wide if in portrait format and 3500 pixels wide if in landscape format. Competition details
All participants must be 14 or older.
Previously published cartoons are not allowed for submission.
Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
Postal address for entries: Sopron, Pf. 101, 9401, Hungary
Entries received by post will not be returned.
Email address for entries: email@example.com
Cartoons sent by email should contain the surname of the participant. A txt, doc or docx format text is required which includes the data of the participant and the cartoon. (listed below)
Attachment of works received either by post or by email should include:
o Title of the work
o Phone number,
o Email address of the applicant Jury
Works will be judged by a professional jury. The jury will automatically disqualify any submission deemed offensive or inappropriate or any submission that violates copyright law or the rules of the competition.
A notification of the result of the competition will be sent to the provided email address by 6. May 2019. Exhibition
The best pictures will be part of an environmental awareness exhibition, which will be accompanying significal events and will be presented as a travelling exhibition as well.
The works of the exhibition will be seen on the homepage and on the facebook site of Zöldbicikli Productions. Information
Further information about the competition will be constantly posted from 25. February 2019. on www.zoldbicikli.hu homepage.
Special professional advice can be asked of the competition’s artistic director Szénási Ferenc at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition organizer claims the rights for all submission.
By taking part in the competition, all participants agree to the conditions and regulations of the competition.
By entering the contest, the participants accept that any decision made by the jury is not negotiable.
We wish good luck to all participants! Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda.
Dear friends, cartoonists, we are already half a century together!
Pleased that during our fifty-years of existence we have created a network of exceptional cartoonists - collaborators and friends of OSTEN, we are proud to announce the 51st WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS Skopje 2019!
It's time to conquer the world with your cartoons again! APPLICATION
Read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, fill in the APPLICATION FORM, send it to the e-mail email@example.com, and then print it out and send it along with YOUR WORKS at: OSTEN – WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS, “8. Udarna Brigada” 2, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
with the note: NO COMMERCIAL VALUE! FOR EXHIBITION ONLY!!! – 30th April 2019 latest!
In principle, ORIGINAL, hand-drawn works are expected. Only if the author works exclusively in digital technique, printed DIGITAL WORKS numbered and signed in pencil on the front will be considered. IMPORTANT DATES
30 April 2019 – Deadline for the works submission
Until 31 May 2019 – Publication of the selection results
Until 30 June 2019 – Publication of the selected works and awarded authors
26 September 2019 – Opening of the exhibition and awards presentation AWARDS
GRAND PRIX for LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT (1500 $)
FIRST AWARD (1000 $)
SECOND AWARD (500 $)
5 THIRD AWARDS (Plaque)
5 GOLDEN OSTEN AWARDS (Plaque)
CICO AWARD * for a Macedonian Cartoonist (Plaque)
* In honor of the great Macedonian cartoonist Vasilije Popovic – Cico.
Fill out the APPLICATION FORM, sign up, submit the works, follow the updates on FB, and do not forget to share this information with your colleagues and friends.
For more information on: www.osten.mk , and you can always contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org .
WE ARE EXPECTING YOU!
OSTEN is inviting you to participate in the 51st WORLD GALLERY of CARTOONS Skopje 2019.
Source: WGC .
MUNICIPALITY OF PLOVDIV
REGIONAL ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM – PLOVDIV
UNIVERSITY OF AGRIBUSINESS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT – PLOVDIV
PLOVDIV CARTOONISTS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL FOR CARICATURE
M A S T E R S O F C A R I C A T U R E Х EDITION PLOVDIV 2019
SUBJECT:The Pig and the Culture
The pig is one of the first animals ever to be domesticated by mankind. It may therefore be a model to emulate or negate For some, the pig is a symbol of the rising sun, for others – a symbol of the Satan, lust or insensible hunger. In some cultures it symbolizes wealth and good fortune.
Is it possible for the contemporary cartoonist to portray the numerous conceptions, concerning the odd pair – Pig and Culture?
On one hand, Bulgarian traditional beliefs see the pig as a filthy animal and as such, it can cannot be used as a sacrifice. On the other hand, it is considered as untouchable to the influences of unclean spirits.
Nowadays the word pig is used as an appellative for moral impurity as well as a sign of good health and fertility, reaffirming the controversial image of this animal.
Should the terms pig and culture be considered as opposites? Does the pig ’s image allow a wide interpretation in a cultural context? The pig, does it have a hidden dignity?
In this Biennial, we will see how cartoonists will draw the shades of the pig and the culture. Whether old wisdom will interweave with new mores and what will come out from it remains to be seen. Address for submission: Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv 2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov str. 4000 Plovdiv BULGARIA ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1.The Biennial for Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world;
2.Each participant should send up at least one piece of work 210/297 (A4 format);
3.The caricatures may be colourful or black-and- white;
4.Participants should send their caricatures by 31 July 2019;
5.Caricatures, sent only via email do not participate in the Biennial.
6.It is advisable that together with their caricatures, participants also send a photograph or take-off and CV;
7.An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title Master of Caricature;
8.Awarded caricatures are not sent back;
9.The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form;
10.The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and venue: October, 1st 2019, at 18:00 in the Regional Ethnographic Museum.
Submission deadline: July 31, 2019
The nominated works will be kept in Works of Fine Art Stock of Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv.
Phone: ++ 359 32 626339
Source: Tsocho Peev .
6th KalDer Bursa International Cartoon Contest 2019 is over.
Theme: The Future is in Our Hands
After the announcement, 900 cartoons were received from 57 countries by 379 artists.
The awarded cartoons are selected as follows:
First Prize: Toso Borkovic - Serbia (Top)
Second Prize: Esmaeil Babaei - Iran
Third Prize: Engin Selçuk - Turkey
Honorable Mention 1: Musa Gümüş - Turkey
Honorable Mention 2: Erkin Ergin - Turkey
Honorable Mention 3: Igor Smirnov - Russia
Anatolian Cartoonists Association Special Prize: Igor Lukyanchenko - Ukraine.
Source: KalDer Bursa.
5th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION IN SISAK - CROATIA - MIKS 2019
"ALL ABOUT MOVIE!
Horror - drama - love - SF - action - war movies - comedy - black & white - western - adventure ...
Make a cartoon on the theme of your favorite movie!
ALL INFO & RULES SOON ON: www.cartoonmiks.hr
NEW DEADLINE 05 AUGUST 2019
A) THEME FOR A CARTOONIST "ALL ABOUT MOVIE!
B) THEME FOR A PORTRAIT CARTOONIST: "FAMOUS MOVIE DIRECTORS"
OWN WORKS SEND ON E-MAIL: email@example.com
Works for 5th MIKS must not be older than one year. Works that arrive at the festival and are older than a year, will not enter the competition for prizes. Nenad Ostojić
President of the international association of cartoonists MIKS
Post address: Trg hrvatskih branitelja 2 44000 Sisak, Croatia
phone: +385 (0)98-339-405
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.cartoonmiks.hr .
5th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION SISAK
MIKS19 „All About Movies“
The International Association of Caricature MIKS organizes the 5th International Cartoon Exhibition MIKS 2019 in Sisak.
The project leader and the President oft he Organizing Committee is Mr. Nenad Ostojić.
The exhibition is open to all authors, regardless of nationality, age, gender or profession. A. THE THEME (TOPIC) 5th MIKS 2019 IS: THE MOVIE!
Like every year so far, we have two categories. Categories:
1. Gag cartoonists have the theme "Everything about MOVIE" (your favorite movies, your favorite movie scenes, love, drama, adventure, horror, science
fiction, comedy, war, witches, crime ... and everything that suits the subject).
2. The theme for the portrait cartoonists is: Famous film directors (directors). B. ENTRIES
Works must be originals and any kind of graphical technique will be accepted.
1. Works may be original or digital.
2. Works may be black or colored.
3. In the back of each job, print out the name, last name and address.
4. Works may not be awarded at other festivals.
5. Participate up to five (5) papers per category.
6. The artworks size can be A4 or A3 (300 dpi).
7. Works must not be older than one year. C. PRIZES & AWARDS
First Award: 750 € + MIKS Plaketa
Second Prize: 500 € + MIKS Plaketa
Third Prize: 250 € + MIKS Plaketa
(7) seven: Special Awards. D. DEADLINE & OPENING
DEADLINE: 05 August 2019
The Exhibitions will be open and staged in the Gallery of the City Museum in City of Sisak.
30.08 (august) 2019. to 30.09 (september) 2019. E. ADDRESS 5th MIKS19 „All About Movies“ Gradski muzej u Sisku Ulica kralja Tomislava 10, 44000 Sisak, Croatia,
Or e-mail: email@example.com
All info on www.cartoonmiks.hr F. OTHER CONDITIONS:
• Each author whose work is included in the exhibition and catalog will receive a catalog.
a. Authors who enter the exhibition and the catalog are obliged to send a copy of work with self-signed signature via post mail.
b. Awarded Works (Awards and Special Awards): The authors of the awarded works are required to send original artworks via post mail.
c. All authors selected for the exhibition and catalog as well as award winners and acknowledgments will be informed in a timely manner (on e-mail).
d. Authors who do not submit their works to the above-mentioned proposals will not receive prizes, diplomas and catalogs.
• Awarded works remain the property of the organizer.
• Authors retain copyright in their work.
• By participating in the exhibition, the authors agree that their works can be used to promote the exhibition (catalog, poster, media publication, etc.) without charge to the author.
• In addition to the works you submit to the competition, you must submit a completed application form 5MIKS2019
• Works that do not enter the exhibition are sent by post mail to the authors at the written request and at the expense of the author. G. JURY
1. Klaus Pitter (Austria)
2. Ross Thompson (UK)
3. Ivailo Tsvetkov (Bul)
4. Marko Ivić (Cro)
5. Dobroslav Bob Živković (Serbia)
6. Nenad Ostojić (Croatia)
7. „Surprise“ H. CONTACT