The Movements and struggle of workers”. There will be more information about the subject in the website.
1. Participation is open to all the persons older than 18.
2 In order to participate in the Exhibition, every artist must send a piece on the theme THE MOVEMENT AND STRUGGLES OF WORKERS. It can be a vignette, a comic strip or a caricature. Together with the piece, the authors must send the filled formulary attached to these requirements, that can also be found and sent online (www.miah.iqh.es). The organization reserves the right to invite those authors that the organization members agree to consider important for the exhibition.
3 The works must be original and must be signed. They can be made with any technique and in any format, with maximum dimensions of A3 (297x420 mm). For digital works, they must be made in formats JPG or TIFF with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, and they must be sent to email@example.com or to the online form.
4 All pieces will be sent properly wrapped. It is recommended to protect them with flat cardboard. The organization won't take responsibility on any possible damage occurred during transportation. All shipping charges will be at the participant's expense.
5 All art pieces will be sent before June 15, 2018, by mail, online form, or to the following address:
Fundación General de la Universidad de Alcalá
Muestra Internacional de las Artes del Humor
C/ Nueva, 4.
28801 Alcalá de Henares
It is essential to comply with the noted date for the adequate planning of the catalogue and design of the exhibition.
6 A Selection Comission will carry out a selection of the pieces submitted, that will be exhibited in the XXV Internacional Exhibition of the Arts of Humor in september-november.
7 All pieces submitted will be kept at the Graphic Humour Archives of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá, except specific indication to the contrary, for which the artist must write on the reverse of the piece “Devolución”. The authors who want a donation certificate must write "Certificado" on the reverse of the piece.
8 The submission of the piece means that the author authorizes the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá to reproduce it and exhibit it, as long as the name of the artist is displayed and the objective is the media coverage of the Exhibition and the rest of activities of the General Foundation of the University of Alcalá within the field of Graphic Humour and/or of this call (edition of catalogues, posters, leaflets, media coverage, web page, etc.), and in any case it generates any type of obligation on the author's part.
9 The organization will communicate through the Exhibition web page the list of participants with submitted piece and the list of selected pieces.
10 At the end of the exhibition in Alcalá, those people with selected pieces will receive a copy of the catalogue, which will be edited to mark the celebration of the Exhibition.
11 The organization reserves the right to not exhibit those pieces considered to infringe individual or collective rights.
12 The participants will be responsible before any claim on the authorship of the works. The organization will not be responsible before any claim made by a third party upon the violation of intellectual rights or property of the works.
13 The participation on this Exhibition means the acceptance of these conditions of entry.
More info in languages.
The Second International Safe Community Cartoon Festival
General TopicsSafe and Clean Transportation
Psychological Health in Societies
Handicap, Elderly and Children Safety in Cities
Safety Culture and Citizen Role
Megacities and Earthquake
Festival Rules and Regulations
Personal information forms and cartoons are to be sent to festival email.
Cartoons already awarded in other festivals will not be judged.
Cartoons will be used for festival announcements and likes.
Files must be in JPG, 300 DPI and 2000×2000 Pixels.
Cartoons accepted will be printed in festival book, a copy of which will be sent to their artists.
It is mandatory for the awarded artists to attend the closing ceremony in Mashhad.
First prize $1500.00
Second prize $ 1000.00
Third prize $ 750.00
Three Iranian artists each will be awarded IRR 10000000.00.
April 22 - September 22, 2018
Closing ceremony and Exhibition held in Mashhad, Iran and Atsugi, Japan.
Click here for festival information file.
Festival Form on source.
Suceava County Council The Bucovina Cultural Centre,
Mănăstirea Humorului Village hall
„HUMOUR AT ... GURA HUMORULUI”,
THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CARTOON AND HUMOROUS LITERATURE
The 28th edition, 2018
The 28th edition of Humour at ... Gura Humorului, the International Festival of Cartoon and Humorous Literature will be held between June 22 – July 1, 2018.
THE CONTEST REGULATIONS CARTOONS
2. Original works are accepted, in digital format, created after January 1st, 2018, which were not published and submitted or awarded prizes to other competitions.
3. Each participant will submit two ( 2 ) cartoons to be analysed by the jury.
4. The works will be submitted by May 31st, 2018 (posting date) on the following addresses: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address: Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina, Piaţa Republicii, nr. 2, 725300 - Gura Humorului, judeţul Suceava, România.
5. Technical requirements:
- Papers sent by e-mail: minimum1600 x 1200 pixels, JPG format
- Papers sent by regular postal mail: format A 3
- The technique used for the works will be at the free choice of the artist
6. The works are not to be returned. They will be added to the patrimony of the Humour at ... Gura Humorului Festival and the organizers are entitled to use them later as edited materials with the name of their author on them.
7. The participants are required the following documents enclosed with their works: the completed entry form attached, a brief CV and a personal photography/cartoon self portrait of minimum 6x9cm ( on paper) or 710x1065pix. (digital format).
8. The prizewinners will be notified by June 20th, 2018 to be present for the Awards Festivity held on Sunday, June 24th, 2018.
9. Transport expenses, accomodation and meals are the responsibility of the participant or the organization/institution he/she is part of. The organizers will be notified in due time to make the necessary reservations.
10. The prizes to be awarded:
1st Prize: EUR 500
2nd Prize: EUR 300
3rd Prize EUR 200
The "George Gavrilean" Prize for the debutantes in Bucovina EUR 200.
11. The jury are the ones who decide upon awarding or not awarding or re-allocating the prizes. In addition, the jury will decide upon the works or the authors to be rewarded by sponsors, associations, mass-media, institutions, commercial societies or private persons, with their consent.
12. There will be no participation fees.
The Bureau of Press Relations of „Humour at ... Gura Humorului” Festival
• Professor Elvira Romaniuc - Folk Customs Museum in Bucovina (Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina)
Telephone: 00 40 740 926 479
• Professor Sever Dumitrache – cultural counselor
Telephone: 00 40 723270520.
23rd International cartoon exhibition ZAGREB 2018
THEME: METEOROLOGY (weather, climate, forecast, etc.)
778 works, 350 authors, 62 countries
THEME: METEOROLOGY (weather, climate, forecast, etc.)
778 works, 350 authors, 62 countries
Like every year the Studio d'Arte Andromeda was invited to participate the XIII edition of Festival dell'Economia in Trento from May 31st to June 3rd 2018.
This year theme: TECHNOLOGY and JOBS
For more details on the theme: https://2018.festivaleconomia.eu/home
Our organization will create a satiric humor space where visitors will have a different perspective on this theme, discussed by international characters coming from areas such as economy, politics, press.... etc.
There will be a constant presence of real life humorist, cartoonist and illustrators, and we will set up an exhibit of cartoons and humor illustrations in the stand hosting us.
The exhibition will be visible also online.
Visitors will be invited to vote for the best cartoons and humorous illustrations among the exposed works.
The prizes are symbolic, but have a great value in visibility.
The exhibition will be visible on the Provincia Autonoma di Trento website and on the official Festival dell'Economia website.
We invite you to send us your work on the TECHNOLOGY and JOBS theme,
you should send the pictures before May 24th 2018 at the address: email@example.com
Works requirements: Max 1 Mb, 300 dpi, jpg format.
ICACF 2018 • Green Gem International Competition“Libo International Children Animation & Comics Festival 2018” (ICACF 2018)—Green Gem International Competition organized by Culture & Multimedia International Association is an open competition.
The entries for the competition include all artworks and animation which reflect content about ethnic children using various subjects by qualified artists implementing a variety of techniques. Children are encouraged to submit their works for competition, exhibition and publication.
1. Children and Nature
2. Topics about Children
1. Category (A): Still image works
Single-frame work, comic strips, illustrations, caricature, drawings, graphics and other works of original fine art. It is encouraged that the artists create ethnic children with unique characteristics and customs from their own countries and regions in order to reflect the rich and various races of the world.
2. Category (B): Animation works
All animation works suitable for children submitted must be 1-22 minutes in length. Any of the following animation types are acceptable: Computer-assisted or Computer-generated, stop-motion (including clay animation), 2D works, 3D works, FLASH, puppet animation, paper-cutting works, in fact, any format except live action!
1. Entry for the Category (A) (Still Image Works):
a) Maximum A3 (297mm x 420 mm), minimum A4 (210mm×297mm).
b) Any printed submission will not be accepted (work can be submitted in either computer or hand drawing; however, the electronic-version of submission is definitely required).
c) Participants can also send electronic edition (scanned copy) with a minimum size of “300 dpi” in “.TIFF” or “.JPG” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entry for the Category (B) (Animated Works):
a) All works must be PAL formal with high definition (prefer to be minimum size of 720×576，minimum bit rate of 1000 bps)
b) Animated submissions (including FLASH) should be submitted in “.MPG” or “.AVI” or “.MOV” format and 5 still images are required separately, which is used to present character and background with a minimum size of “300 dpi” in “.TIFF” or “.JPG”. For each FLASH works, a copy of “.SWF” submissions are required.
c) In case of multiple submissions, please separate each individual submission. An uninterrupted multi-work submission is not allowed.
a) All works are preferred to be subtitled in English.
b) The story background, synopsis, brief introduction, and character description are required in either Chinese or English electronic-version.
4. Entry Form and Photo
Artwork should be accompanied by their author’s photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a completed Application Form (PLEASE USE CAPITAL LETTERS).
The applicant must be the copyright owner of the submission.
◆ Awards and Prizes
1. Adult Group
Artwork submitted for competition will be judged by an International Jury. The Jury will award the following cash prizes along with a certificate for each award.
2 Gold medals, each 1500 USD (1 for category A and 1 for category B)
4 Silver medals, each 1000 USD (2 for category A and 2 for B category)
4 Bronze medals, each 800 USD (2 for category A and 2 for B category)
20 Special prizes, each 300 USD (10 for category A and 10 for B category)
a) The jury has the right of final distribution of statutory prize and all of the jury’s decisions are final.
b) Organizers plan to award the artist with the best debut and will give him/her the opportunity for an individual exhibition at the Gallery which will be included in the 2018 program.
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS.
2. Children Group
a) Artwork submitted for competition will be judged by an International Jury. The Jury will award the electronic certificate to the finalists.
b) Submission finalists would be included in the album. And the electronic certificates and catalogue (if the album is not released on time), will be sent to the finalists.
All results will be announced on July 23, 2018.
◆ Participant Privileges
1. Artists of work qualified for the exhibition will be given an electronic catalogue.
2. Artwork sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition.
◆ Competition Provisions
1. Organizers reserve the right to use all submitted artwork for advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the artists that include being exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organizers and will be included in the collection of the Gallery.
3. The exhibition organizers are the final judges in interpretation of the rules and regulations.
4. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations.
5. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the publication of the author's profile in the post-exhibition album.
6. All the submissions will not be returned.
◆ Timetable and Contact Information
1. Submissions（original scripts are preferred) for receipt of artwork:
From April 20, 2017 to June 20, 2018
Deadline: Date of the postmark June 20, 2018
Deadline: Electronic submissions midnight June 20, 2018
Please send your submission(s) to the following mailing address or send to our email address via the internet:
Organizing Committee ICACF
902 Suit, 3 Unit, No.3 Building,Tianle Yuan, Beiyuan Road,Chaoyang District, Beijing CHINA
TEL：+86 10 84937681
Mobile: +86 13701001920
Website: wwwNaNiassn.org www.icacf.com .
International Cartoon Exhibition on Media Literacy 2018
CALL FOR CARTOONS!INTRODUCTION:
Not all television shows or radio broadcasts present educational information. The information tends to be packaged according to industry interests. In fact, not infrequently the television and radio media are used for the benefit of a particular group or person. There are many also present violent impressions, ethnic offensive, religion race and intergroup (SARA), and many others who connotes negatively.
Actually, in Indonesia Law no. 32/2002 on Broadcasting in mandated, that the content of the broadcast should contain information, education, entertainment, and benefits for the establishment of intellectuality, character, morals, progress, nation power, maintaining unity and unity, and practicing Indonesian religious and cultural values.
To encourage the realization of healthy broadcasts, it needs to involve a community to control the content of the broadcast. As a form of campaign, the Regional Indonesian Broadcasting Commission (KPID) of Central Java, Indonesia will hold an International Cartoon Exhibition on Media Literacy. The exhibition is also to commemorate the 85th National Day of Broadcasting (Harsiarnas) in Central Java, Indonesia.
The committee invites cartoonists around the world to participate in this exhibition.
THEME: "Wisely/Being Wise Choosing Television and Radio Broadcasts"
DEADLINE: May 2nd, 2018
EXHIBITION: May 6th, 2018
THE CRITERION OF WORKS:
1. This cartoon exhibition can be followed by cartoonists from all over the world.
2. Free technique.
3. Please send your cartoon to: email@example.com
4. File size / format: minimum size: 1 MB; maximum size:15 MB; file format: JPG; Resolution: 300 dpi; Color mode: RGB. The work must be safe and good to be printed on A3 paper.
5. Every cartoonist is entitled to submit maximum work: 5 (five) cartoons.
6. Cartoons are the cartoonists original idea.
8. Participants will get certificates.
7. The copyright of the work of the contest remains in each cartoonist.
8. The exhibition committee is entitled to use the work received for the purposes of publication, branding and others that are still relevant to the exhibition.
5 best works will get “KPID AWARD” certificate and each gift 1.000.000 IDR
TEAM OF SELECTION:
1. Abdulloh Ibnu Thalhah (Cartoonist, Art Lecturer UIN Walisongo Semarang)
2. Bernard Policarpio Fabro (Cartoonist, Founder of Yoyoy – Satiristang Bisaya, Philippines)
3. Budi Setyo Purnomo (Chairman of KPID Jawa Tengah)
4. M Rofiuddin (Commissioner of KPID Jawa Tengah)
5. Abdul Arif (Chairman of Gold Pencil Indonesia).
The 10th Salão Medplan de Humor is open to all graphic artists, who can register works that have not been awarded until the closing date of the entries, in the cartoon, caricature and comics modalities (The comic strip should have only one page).
The opening of the Exhibition will be July 28, with the announcement of winners.
Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five ( 5 ) UNPUBLISHED works in the format 30x40 cm and using any technique . On the back of each drawing, or in registration must include the author's full name, address (with ZIP code), email, phone number, ID number, social security number and bank account.
The artist can participate by sending their work through the website www.medplan.com.br (with maximum size of 3 megabytes ) or sending the originals to:
10º Salão Medplan de Humor
Rua Coelho Rodrigues, 1921
Centro CEP: 64000-080
Teresina - PI - Brasil
2 - THEME
The theme of the 10th Salão Medplan de Humor will be FLIRT.
3 - AWARDS
First prize: R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais)
Second Place: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand reais).
Internet Award: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais) .
Medplan Award Caricature: R $ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Medplan Award for Comics / Comic Strips: R $ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
The Internet Award will be chosen by Internet users, 09-13 July at the site: www.medplan.com.br
The best works will be part of the traveling exhibition of the 10th Salão Medplan de Humor. The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the acquis Medplan.
The works will not be returned.
May not participate in this hall officials Medplan, their relatives and anyone involved in your organization.
The simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms.
Other information: +55 (86) 9975 2514