Winners of the Fifth International Cartoon Contest Aleksandar Klas 2018
Theme: MONEY Jury:
Spiro Radulovic, cartoonist, president
Ognjan Radulovic, editor-in-chief of Ilustrovana Politika
Radmila Grbovic, editor of Ilustrovana Politika. Winners:
First prize: MILENKO KOSANOVIC (Serbia) (Top)
Second prize: HORIA CRISAN & BOGDAN PETRY (Romania)
We begin the 42nd edition of Satyrykon! Regulations – prepared. Application cards – prepared. The unfortunate General Data Protection Regulation, which all we have to face this year – also prepared.
And theme… Yes, theme is ready too.
We accept works until February 2, 2019 in the following categories:
I – Theme: STOP
II – SATIRE & JOKE
So set to work!
S A T Y R Y K O N - L e g n i c a 2 0 1 9 rules and regulations
I. Participation conditions
1. SATYRYKON 2019 International Exhibition is an open competition.
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2018-2019), and qualified by artists to one of the following sections: I – theme: STOP II – SATIRE & JOKE
(drawings without captions are preferred)
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the SATYRYKON competition.
4. The format of works – maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 2, 2019 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover, to: SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019 International Exhibition Chojnowska 2 59-220 Legnica Poland
Organisers are not responsible for transport damages. THE PARTICIPANTS ARE KINDLY ASKED NOT TO POST THE WORKS VIA ELECTRONIC MEANS AS THESE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THE COMPETITION.
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, organisers reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. In this way, the work chosen by the author, will cover our postage costs. In case, it has not been selected by the author, the organisers will choose one of the works sent into the competition.
7. Works should be accompanied by a short biographical note and a filled application form (PLEASE USE CAPITALS).
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix SATYRYKON 2019 – pure gold key and purse amounting to 8.000 PLN
2 gold medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN each
2 silver medals and purses amounting to 5.500 PLN each
2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN each
and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each
Director of Legnica Culture Centre in amount of 4.000 PLN award for a photography work
Mayor of Legnica in amount of 4.000 PLN award
The organisers are expecting extra awards for laureates:
for the Author of THE BEST DEBUT and the Author of THE STUDENT DEBUT to be accompanied by a solo exhibition at the Satyrykon Gallery within the programme of SATYRYKON 2019 events.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, i.e. to change their number, not to award them, or not to award the Grand Prix SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final.
The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2019 at Satyrykon web site: www.satyrykon.pl n o t e !
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition and their collecting the awards by December 15, 2019, or the awards can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author.
III. Participants’ privileges
1. Authors of the works qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue and a free-of-charge place in the catalogue.
2. Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2019 event on June 13-16, 2019.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in Poland and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2020. WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL.
IV. Final provisions
Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publication of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: email@example.com) and Satyrykon Foundation (+48 76 852-23-44; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – PL 59-220 Legnica, Chojnowska 2) – are organisers of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019. S c h e d u l e:
Deadline for works reception February 2, 2019 (date of the postmark)
Jury meeting February 22-24, 2019
Post-competition exhibition June 6 – August 25, 2019
Return of the works after the exhibition cycle December 30, 2020 General Data Protection Regulation 2019 (You must caption this document!) and Application form Satyrykon 2019 are both on source to download.
10th International Tourism Cartoons Competition 2018
The objective of the competition, which was first held in 2009, is to examine tourism, which is one of the biggest sectors in the world, with its various dimensions. Also, the competition aims to put forward cartoonists’ aspects in terms of travelling population’s experiences and relations during their travel. In this respect, the main objective of this competition is to assess such topics, developments and experiences within the tourism industry as accommodation, transportation, food and beverage, recreation, sightseeing, museums, environment, tourist-resident relationships, from cartoonists’ point of view.
Competition is held annually and is open to all cartoonists from all over the world, both amateur and professional.
The theme of the competition in 2018 is "Travel memories". Cartoons will be accepted in two sections:
Adult Category: This category is open for the all of cartoonists who are 17 and older.
Young Category: This category is open for the cartoonists who are 16 and younger. Important Dates:
First Announcement: July 2018
Deadline for Submission: 31 December 2018
Meeting of the pre-Selection Committee: 19 January 2019
Announcement of finalist cartoons (for possible objections): January 24 – 31, 2019
Notification of Winners: April 2019 Awards Category of Adult Cartoonists:
The Grand Award: $3000
The Second Award: Holiday in Turkey (5 days, 2 persons)
The Third Award: Holiday in Turkey (5 days, 2 persons)
Professor Atila Özer Recognition Award: $1500
Two Mentions : Plate Category of Young Cartoonists:
The Grand Award: $1500
Two Achievement Awards: Plate. For more information: http://tourismcartoon.com .