The Car International Cartoon Web Contest 2009 - Iran
1. We address to all the professional and amateur cartoonists regardless their age from all over the world.
2. The Iranian house of cartoon invite you to participate in Car International Cartoonet (By email) contest-2009
3. Themes: A-Car; B-Designation of the Future Car.
4. The number of sent cartoons is 3 in each section.
5. Please attach in .doc format a brief presentation of your artistic activity (surname and first name, address, e-mail address, a photo and your CV)
For the section A-Car:
- First prize: 2000 Euro, Trophy and Honorable Mention
- Second prize: 1500 Euro , Trophy and Honorable Mention
- Third prize: 1000 Euro , Trophy and Honorable Mention
- 5 Honorable Mentions
For the section B-Designation of the Future Car:
- First prize: 1500 Euro, Trophy and Honorable Mention
- Second prize: 1000 Euro, Trophy and Honorable Mention
- 5 Honorable Mentions
7. The cartoons must be sent at the e-mail address: email@example.com and they must be of 200 dpi resolution, 1200 Pixel (Horizontal or Vertical) and JPG format. (Please do not send Zip or rar Format!)
8. The cartoons will be published in the web pages: http://www.irancartoon.com/ ; http://www.irancartoon.ir/ .
9. All the artists who will enter the site, will receive the virtual catalogue of the contest.
10. Deadline: February 18,2009.
Thank you for participation. Tel: (+98 21) 22868600 Fax: (+98 21)22846928.
Final Results of First International Cartoon Contest Mazatlan 2008
THEME: The U.S.A. (United States of America)
Unfortunately, Jitet Koestana loses his prize for entering a cartoon already awarded in another contest. New and complete results follows:
2nd Prize: Angel Boligan / Cuba
3rd Prize: Mohammad Amin Aghaei / Iran
Phu Nguyen / USA
Franciscus Wesi Barma / Indonesia
Javad Jafarian / Iran
Felipe Galindo / USA
Christo Kowarnitski / Bulgaria
All prize-winning cartoons
NATURE & MAN International Cartoon Web Contest October 2008 results
2nd International SPORTSHUMOR, the Smile Olympics - Italy
Theme: "All Sports" (Football, Cycling, Athletics, Boxing, Motorcycling, Skiing, Motor Racing, Swimming, Running, Speedboat Racing, Basketball, Baseball, etc...)
Section: Cartoon or Caricature...
Size: A4 (21x30) Only...
Maximum of 3 works...
Deadline: 28 FEBRUARY 2009
Prizes: A prize of 2.500 € together with other prizes awarded by the management, will be given to the artist who will receive the most votes from the public...
The most deserving and representative works will form part of a coloured catalogue specially created and sent free of charge to all the published authors.
The works sent will not be returned but form the basis for a future International Humor Museum.
Address: Emilio Isca, Via Dante 4, 10098 RIVOLI/TO (Italia)
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible: Emilio Isca
Phone-Fax: +39 011 2483046
Source: Yeni Akrep 75
2nd International Contest of Caricature & Cartoon of Vianden 2009
2nd INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON OF VIANDEN
1. Subject: Green economy
2. Deadline: 15th February 2009
1st prize: 3000 €
2nd prize: 2000 €
3rd prize: 1000 €
Four mentions: honorable diploma.
4. Entries: Initially each participant can send at most 3 works in digital form via Internet to the following address: email@example.com.
The author must indicate in his e-mail the following informations: his first name, name, complete address, e-mail address, his phone number and the title of each work. The characteristics of these electronic sending’s are as follows: format JPEG, good quality and max. 500 KB per picture.
Out of these sending’s by e-mail the jury will make a selection of 120 drawings and will request from the authors of these works the sending by mail of the originals for the choice of the prizes and the publication in the catalogue. All these 120 originals will be shown in the exhibition. Their size will be between DIN A4 (210x297 mm) and DIN A3 (297x420 mm), the paper of good quality, not folded and without a passe-partout. On the back side of every work must be clearly mentioned the first name, name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number of the author as well as the title of the work. This deadline is 13th March 2009.
5. Technique: Free, black and white or in color, without subtitles. Digitally created works are accepted. They must be signed by their creator on back side. Photos and copies of original works will be eliminated.
6. Exhibition: The award ceremony will be held on 10th May 2009 in the castle and the exhibition will take place in the Hall of the Knights of the Castle of Vianden from 9th May until 7th June 2009. It’s foreseen to show the works in other cities and in the Museum of Caricature of Vianden until 9th May 2010.
7. Returns: After these exhibitions the originals will be returned to their authors except the works selected for one of the prizes. The 7 awarded works will become property of the organizer. The organizer cannot be held responsible for loss or damage during sending back.
8. Catalogue: The authors whose works will be selected for the exhibition will receive a free catalogue by mail. Prize winners will get their catalogue during the award ceremony.
9. Results: The publication of the results will be done on the Internet sites http://www.caricature.eu/ after 10th May 2009. The award winners selected by the jury will be personally informed by e-mail or by phone.
The final decisions of the jury, which will meet on 14th March 2009, are undeniable.
10. Copyright: The selected participants allow the organizers to use their works only for promoting the author, as well as the event. All other copyright remains property of the author.
11. Generalities: The works should not have been awarded before. By taking part to this contest the participants agree to the abovementioned rules.
12. Address for the sending of the originals: CHATEAU DE VIANDEN P.O.B. 26, L – 9422 VIANDEN Luxembourg
13. Further informations:
Florin BALABAN phone: +352 – 621 28 37 90 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pol LEURS phone : +352 – 78 83 18 email@example.com
XI International Cartoon Contest Zielona Gora - Poland
SUBJECT: WINE or (VINE HARVEST)
Announcement and publication of the Competition: November-December 2008
Deadline for receiving works: 31st May 2009
Sitting of the Jury: June 2009
Announcement of the Jury decision , seminar and the opening of the post competition exhibition: September 2009
GRAND PRIX – PLN 4.000 and Statuette
1st PLACE – PLN 3.000 and Statuette
2nd PLACE – PLN 2.000 and Statuette
3rd PLACE – PLN 1.500 and Statuette
The Organizers have the right to the change in the amount of particular prizes, nonetheless, the total amount of prizes shall remain unchanged.
THE JURY: The Jury comprises of the Organizers representatives as well as artist dealing with art in practice or as theoreticians.
PARTICIPATION: Both professional and amateur cartoonists are eligible to take part in the competition.
A maximum of five original works (format min. A5 – max. A3) in optional technique should be sent or delivered by May 31st, 2009 to the following address:
LSMDK DEBIUT ul.Ptasia 2 A/7, 65-520 ZIELONA GORA / POLAND
The Organizers are not responsible for damage or loss during transportation!
The winners as well as cartoonists qualified to participate in the post-competition exhibiton shall be provided with a free copy of a catalogue published by the Organizers.
The Organizers provide the competition prize winners with free acccomodation and boarding during the exhibition event.
The winners receive their prizes on condition that they are either present at the opening of the post competition exhibition or else they indicate a bank account where the money is to be transfered.
The works become the property of the Organizers and shall be included in the collection of the False Mirror gallery located in Lubuskie Stowarzyszenie Miłośników Działań Kulturalnych DEBIUT in Zielona Gora.
Every participant in the competition agrees to their free of fees delivery of works to the False Mirror gallery.
Every work delivered to the competition ought to be accompanied (on the reverse) with the readable author’s signature, address and a telephone number.
By sending their works to the competition the participants agree to the abovementioned regulations and they further agree to the free of fees publication of their works for marketing purposes connected with the competition and post competition exhibition.
The exhibition organizers are the final judges in the interpretation of these regulations.
By sending his/her works and taking part in the competition the artist agrees to the abovementioned rules and regulations.
Catalog of the 8th Tehran International Cartoon Biennial 2007
The catalog consists of four parts covering the sections in the competition:
1) Cartoon Theme: Money
2) Cartoon Theme: Free
4) Comic Strip.
Participation conditions of Press Cartoon Europe Grand Prix 2009
1.Participation in PCE is free of charge.
2.The cartoons which you will submit to us must all have appeared in the course of 2008 in a newspaper, magazine or periodical which is available to the general public, and which is published in one of the member countries of the European Union, plus Switzerland.
3.Each cartoon participating in PCE must be accompanied by the name and date of the publication in which it originally appeared.
4.Each cartoon participating in PCE must be accompanied by the author's personal details: family name, first name, full postal address, and telephone numbers, email address, website (if any).
5.Your cartoons, up to a maximum of three, must reach us by Sunday 4th January 2009 at the latest.
6.Only those cartoons sent electronically (jpg format: minimum 300 dpi) to the following address will be considered as valid entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
7.All texts and captions either within the cartoon or sent with them which are in a language other than French, English, German, or Dutch must be translated into one or another of these four languages.
8.On Monday 12th January 2009 the selection committee of PCE will nominate the cartoons chosen from all those submitted to go forward for the PCE Grand Prix. The authors of these cartoons will be notified immediately.
9.PCE will be authorized to exhibit all nominated cartoons at the International Cartoon Festival at Knokke-Heist on the Belgian coast during the summer of 2009, and also to publish them in the annual of best European press drawings of 2008.
10.PCE will be able to make free use of all the nominated cartoons for any publications or communications in connection with the prize, including press releases, posters, announcements of events organized by PCE such as exhibitions, symposia, etc.
11.The jury, composed of journalists from several EU countries, all of whom are accredited by the European parliament in Brussels, will meet on Wednesday 18th February 2009 at the KVS (Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg – the Royal Flemish Theatre) in Brussels, and will select the winning entry to be awarded the PCE Grand Prix 2009. This meeting will be followed by a press conference during which the name of the winner will be announced.
12.The prize will be awarded during the opening ceremony of the International Cartoon Festival at Knokke-Heist on Saturday 27th June 2009.
13.The author of the winning cartoon will receive a cheque for 10.000 € as well as a bronze trophy created by the Belgian artist Ever Meulen.
14.The decision of the PCE committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Wishing you all the very best,
Nathalie Rasschaert, Karel Anthierens, Jasper Foré.
Read the earlier announcement
(Many thanks to Ivan Hanousek email@example.com who forwarded the info.)
2009 is the year devoted to the comic strip in Belgium
2009 is the year devoted to the comic strip, and the Brussels-Capital Region has a rich program relating to the world of the ninth art. Click here to learn more. And click here for the other projects in all the Wallonia region.
Results Olense Kartoenale 2008
Olense Cartoenale 2008 with theme "Extreme Sports & Strange Hobbies" received 727 entries, sent in by 293 different participants from all over the world.
The winning cartoon for 2008 is from the U.S.A. and was designed by Ali Shahali.
The other prizes in the adult category went to:
- 2nd prize: L'Ubomir Kotrha (Slovakia);
- 3rd prize: Valentin Georgiev (Bulgaria);
- 4th prize: Heidari Shahrokh (Iran);
- 5th prize: Norbert Van Yperzeele (Belgium);
- Prize of the Province of Antwerp: Vernimme Luc (Belgium).
In the youth category first prize went to Aleksandar Petrikanovic from Serbia.
The other prizes went to:
- 2nd prize: Carolien Van Sas (Belgium);
- 3rd prize: Le Wu Gao (China);
- 4th prize: Agha Amini (Iran);
- Prize of the Province of Antwerp: Timothy Bogaerts (Belgium).
On the occasion of the 20th edition of the International Olense Kartoenale is the cartoon catalog expanded to 36 pages, including the cartoons of the first winners of the past few years were included.
2nd "Molla Nasreddin, Azerbaijan-2009" International Cartoon Contest
2nd "Molla Nasreddin, Azerbaijan-2009" International Cartoon Contest
1.The Contest is open to all professional and amateur cartoonists.
2. Subject: “Oil” (Importance of oil in the world).
3.Cartoons that won places in other contests can not be sent.
4. Each cartoonist can submit a max of 2 works.
5. Size of cartoons should be min A4, max A3.
6. Deadline is March 01, 2009.
7. Cartoons can be sent by e-mail.
8. On the back of each work the following information should appear:
First name, surname, address, telephone number and e-mail, accompanied by the entry form and author’s short biography and photo. Otherwise, cartoons will not be accepted.
9. Cartoonists, whose works enter the book-catalogue, will be sent the one as a present.
10. The Cartoons will be selected by the International Jury.
11. Click and download the entry-form
I Place (3 persons) Golden Medal + diploma + catalogue
II Place (4 persons) Silver Medal + diploma + catalogue
III Place (5 persons) Bronze Medal + diploma + catalogue
Special awards (10 persons) + diploma + catalogue
AZ1010 Azerbaijan Baku Neftchilar avenue 145 Azerbaijan Cartoonists’ Union
Tel: (994 12) 493 28 98
Fax: (994 12) 493 09 18
Winners in Humour a Gallarate International Cartoon Contest 2008
Theme: The Fire
Grand Prix 'Marco Biassoni': Angel Boligán Corbo (Messico)
Special Prizes of Jury: Anton Gionata Ferrari (Italia), Michael Kountouris (Grecia)
Athos Careghi (Italia) - Premio 'Città di Gallarate'
Ludo Goderis (Belgio) - Premio 'AMSC per la Cultura'
Elena Ospina (Spagna) - Premio Biblioteca civia 'L. Majno'
Constantin Pavel (Romania) - Premio Fondazione Cult. '1860 Gallarate Città'
Margherita Allegri (Italia), Luca Bertolotti & Michele De Pirro (Italia), Luc Descheemaeker (Belgio), Rumen Dragostinov (Bulgaria), Luka Lagator (Montenegro), Luis Maria Ligarribay (Argentina), Roberto Mangosi (Italia), Marilena Nardi (Italia), Phu Nguyen (USA), Jordan Pop-Iliev (Macedonia), Cristobal Reinoso (Argentina), Ugo Sajini (Italia), Omar Figueroa Turcios (Spagna).
Christmas Cartoon Contest Brazilcartoon 2008
The financial crisis may leave Santa Claus, this year, with existential crisis and people may understand the real meaning of Christmas. The Brazilcartoon invites you, cartoonist, to participate in the Christmas Cartoon Contest Brazilcartoon. We will make a virtual exhibition and the most creative cartoon will receive a kit of materials for professional design and an official shirt of the website. Those interested can send a maximum of three designs in the format: A4, 300 dpi to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org until December, 20 of 2008.
New Award 2009: Press Cartoon Europe Grand Prix
Every year since 1999 Press Cartoon Belgium, or PCB, has awarded the PCB Prizes to the best press cartoons published in Belgium. On the occasion of its tenth anniversary, PCB is launching a new award, Press Cartoon Europe (PCE).
This competition for the Grand Prix is open to all press cartoonists who publish in any European Union member country. For the 2009 award, all press cartoons published in the course of 2008 in any publication available to the general public in any EU member country will be eligible to compete for the Grand Prix. Participation is free of charge.
The Press Cartoon Europe (PCE) Grand Prix, to be awarded by an international panel of specialists, will be a cash prize of 10,000.
Cartoonists, who wish to participate in Press Cartoon Europe, are invited to send a confirmation of their interest in competing to email@example.com. They will then be sent instructions about when, how and where to send three of their best cartoons published in 2008.
( This report from: Julian PENA-PAI firstname.lastname@example.org )
Regulations 25th International Biennial of Art Humour Tolentino - Italy
In an essay by B. Bettelheim on the importance of play in children, this passage by Freud has been quoted:
“The favourite and most intense occupation of a child is play. Perhaps one can say that a child at play behaves like a poet, in that he creates a world of his own, or rather he re-arranges the things of his world in a new way that pleases him”.
There was Mr Bonaventura, ingenuous child-adult and Bibì & Bibò (the Katzenjammer Kids), two urchins addicted to playing cruel pranks. And then, in more recent years, the world of Charlie Brown, Linus and Snoopy, with their unforgettable domestic-philosophical view on the adult world. And today the Simpsons - a mixture of irony, cruelty and the everyday nature of urban life.
The world of the comic is often directed at children and their games, in order to illustrate the world of adults.
“The Children Are Watching Us” was the title of a film that De Sica wrote together with Cesare Zavattini in 1943.
Beyond the content of the plot (a beautiful melodrama…), the title was well-chosen as it captured in the bedlam that is our adult world (even more relevant today than then…), a certain perspective on life which was like a ray of light; a spotlight that illuminates the dark.
Maurizio Costanzo, Stage Management.
The town council of Tolentino is proposing and organising the 25th International Biennial of Art Humour, which this year will take place between 11 July and 25 October 2009.
1. The Biennial is open to artists from all over the world, each of which can participate in the “City of Tolentino International Prize” dedicated to satire art. Each entry consists of a maximum of 3 unpublished and original works, of any size, technique and form of visual art.
A special prize dedicated to photography as original expression of humour in art will also be awarded. Any works of art on any paper support will be accepted.
2. The theme for the 2009 Biennial is: “THE CHILDREN ARE WATCHING US” (…and laughing at us)
3. The last entry date for the competition is 27 March 2009, by which date the works of art must be registered with:
Segreteria della “25a Biennale Internazionale dell’Umorismo nell’Arte, piazza della Libertà, 3 – 62029 TOLENTINO (Italy).
Each work of art must have a entry form in which the following information is provided: The artist’s name, surname, pseudonym, a short biography, address, title of the piece, techniques used, sales range in which the artist would like to insert his piece, address where the work of art must be returned to.
Attachment of the signed participation card is essential for the admission to the competition for each work of art.
4. The organiser will provide and assign, for each piece on display, the price range chosen by the artist from 500–1000–1500 Euro. 20% of the earnings will go to the relevant organiser. The winning works of art will be excluded from sale and will become the property of the International Museum for Art and Caricature Humour in Tolentino.
5. The pieces must be sent carriage free. They will only be accepted if they have no tax, customs fees or any other fees to be paid by the organiser.
6. The town council of Tolentino, of who will be organising the event, assure the maximum care, guardianship and supervision of all pieces, declining all responsibility of eventual theft, fire or ungovernable events while in the care of those involved in the event or during transportation of the works of art.
7. The acceptance of each piece, their selection for exhibition and the assigning of prizes is carried out by a jury nominated by the city of Tolentino’s administration department. The jury’s decision is final and cannot be questioned or appealed.
8. The jury, presided over by Giorgio Forattini, also consists of:
– Enrica Bonaccorti
– Achille Bonito Oliva
– Evio Hermas Ercoli
– Riccardo Mannelli
– Maurizio Nichetti
– Ludovico Pratesi
– Maurizio Costanzo - Artistic Director for the Biennial of Art Humour;
9. The jury will give out the following prizes:
International Prize “ City of Tolentino” - Biennial winner - 5.000. The Biennial winner will be the guest for the following Biennial (2011) and will have his own exhibition (max. 30 works of art);
2° Prize of Euro 3.000;
3° Prize of Euro 1.500;The jury also awards:
The “Cesare Marcorelli” Career Prize;
“Luigi Mari” Academy of Humour Prize;
Other special Prizes.
10. The works used in the exhibition will be returned, at the cost of the Organiser, not before the 30th day after the scheduled closing date, apart from the possible postponement of the closing date by the organiser. Exception goes to those works of art expressly donated to the Museum of Art and Caricature Humour in Tolentino by the artist.
Those not used for the exhibition will be returned to their owners at the cost of the addressee.
The organisers refuse all responsibility regarding theft, fire, damage, etc that might occur during transport. Tax and customs fees will be paid by the artist.
11. The International Biennial of Art Humour organisers are authorised to use and copy the selected works to be inserted in their official exhibition catalogue, with as many examples as they deem necessary. The organisers are permitted to also publish the same works, even through reproduction, in a wide distribution also in the internet. They are also entitled to publish the works on any resource and even for commercial purposes. The artist will be mentioned, in reproductions of their works, in familiar ways. The artist will automatically consent to the free utilisation of their works be it imaginatively, educationally, creatively or for public enjoyment, without any compensation. The artist must renounce all rights to any type of compensation.
12. A participation Diploma will be given to all artists selected for the exhibition. They will also have the right to a copy of the Biennial catalogue.
13. Participation in the 25th International Biennial of Art Humour competition requires full and complete acceptance of the regulations stated.
14. The regulations are published in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese. In case of doubt, refer to the Italian text.
phone +39 733.901365
fax +39 733.966535
Results Fair Play National & International Cartoon Contest 2008 Turkey
316 cartoons in the Adults category and 376 cartoons in the Students category sent in from 29 countries participated in the 9th Fair Play National & International Cartoon Contest 2008.
1. Coşkun Göle (Turkey), 2. Muammer Bilen (Turkey), 3. Mehmet Zeber (Turkey), 4. Cemalettin Güzeloğlu (Turkey), 5. Mustafa Yıldız (Turkey).
Special Prize of Jury: Muammer Kotbaş (Turkey), Sadık Pala (Turkey), Sutarjo (Indonesia), Seyran Caferli (Azerbaijan).
Aslı Gülmez (İzmir), Meryem Kaymaz (İzmir), Can Uncu (İstanbul), Batur Özkan (İstanbul), Emir Sevimay (İstanbul), Burak Onur (İstanbul), Mert Durmaçalış (İstanbul), Ege Akgün (İstanbul), A.Rıza Metin Sönmez (İstanbul), Mehmet Berat Bursa (İstanbul).
Special Prize of Jury: Berkalp Üstün (İstanbul), Nurten Demirtaş (Sinop), Tarık Akyol (İstanbul), Ebre Berber (Çorum), Ersin Güven (İstanbul), Sayna Soleimanpour (İstanbul), Sarp Aydonat (İstanbul), Ekin Özeskici (Çorum), Gökay Yıldız (İstanbul).
The prize-giving ceremony is to be held in Istanbul, Turkey in February 2009.
Results 1st International Cartoon Contest Mazatlan 2008
Results European Year of Intercultural Dialogue 2008
Budapest, Hungarian Culture Foundation
Results of the "European Year of Intercultural Dialogue - 2008"
1st prize winner: Oleg Goutsol (Ukraine): No title
2nd prize winner: Marabu (Hungary): No title
3rd prize winner: Vladimir Kazanevsky (Ukraine): No title
On-line voting is possible till 30th November http://www.karikatura.euvonal.hu/
This report posted by kartunboj to caricaturque at November 13, 2008 11:54 PM
E-catalog of awarded and selected cartoons in Humorest 2008
2nd FESTIMENC International Festival of Honorable Mentions Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2009
1 - Could participate FESTIMENC the 2nd, professional and amateur artists, living in Brazil or others countries, provided they respect the rules of this regulation. Will be accepted work produced digitally, as well as sculptures or other proposals, provided that the perpetrators sending in the vertical direction, taking steps such as the A3 format (29.7 x 42 cm), as follows:
* CARICATURE/ HUMOUR PORTRAIT: Theme: "JORGE BENJOR" (Brazilian singer and composer)
* CARTOON: Theme: "DRAGOON or WARRIOR"
* CHARGE: Theme: “POLITICS IN THE WORLD”
2 - Each competitor can participate in three modes, with only a work in each mode. And behind each work should include: Full name, nickname, Full Address, Phone, Email, and Category Entered, Title of the Work.
3 - For each of the modalities will be given 20 (TWENTY) Honorable Mentions, which will be determined by the number of points awarded by the judges to work competitors. By way of comment by competitors, the work will be analyzed in the following aspects:
* Development of the subjects offered (in all categories)
* Distortion and preservation of identity (in caricature form)
* Technical (all categories)
* Presentation (in all categories)
4 -To 20 (TWENTY) best artists in each discipline will be awarded certificates of Honorable Mentions of the 2nd FESTIMENC and their works will be exposed in the Cultural JORGE BENJOR, which is beside the railway station of Realengo.
5 - The first three placed in each category, according to the decision of the committee judges, will be awarded the following prizes:
1st, 2nd and 3rd place - special certificate Trophy + Project SORRIALENGO Kit (shirt, cap, key chain and a caricature in color produced by cartoonists of SORRIALENGO)
6 - For those prepared to work computer, its authors must send the art-final in size A3 to the address in item 8. WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ONLINE.
7 - Work winners become part of the file Project SORRIALENGO and can be run in future exhibitions, provided that they have to respect the disclosure of the design of humor and there are no profit with the same exposure and the authors are reported and have its claims and contacts exposed. And the other work may be withdrawn personally at the same address, until the day on March 20, 2008, Monday through Friday, from 14:00 pm to 17:00 pm on presentation of identity. After the day on March 20, 2008, all those works that are not withdrawn will be part of the file Project SORRIALENGO.
8 - The work should be directed to the following address: IBB / PROJETO SORRIALENGO 2nd FESTIMENC - INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF HONORABLE MENTIONS Rua: NUNCIO CALEPPI, 369 - CEP: 21745-010 Mallet / RJ - BRASIL
9 - The entry in the competition implies the acceptance by competitors of all terms of this regulation.
10 - If the committee judges is informed by one of the competitors on possible fraud or breach of any of the items of the regulation, it may dismiss the award, thereby giving that competitor who has then. Single paragraph: If any of the competitors have a complaint to make regarding potential fraud, for which the claim is examined by the judges, can not be made until the day before the awards. If not happen that way, it will be disregarded.
DEADLINE TO RECEIVE INTERNATIONAL WORKS: January 1, 2009
SELECTION OF WORKS: January 16 and 17, 2009
CEREMONY OF PRIZE: January 20, 2009
Joao Carlos Mattias
President of Sorrialengo Project
President of 2nd FESTIMENC
5th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2009) theme: Hunger
Under auspices of Syrian Ministry of Information, Syria Cartoon website invites you to participate in the 5th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2009)
1- Each cartoonist can submit a max of (6) original works (black & white or colored). Works made by computer will be accepted.
2- Size: strictly A4 (21X 29.7)
3- Deadline: 20/2/2009
4- On the back of each work the following information should appear: First name - surname - address - tel & fax - e-mail – theme section & title.
5- (NOTE: entry- form is not necessary).
6- The works will be displayed at Syria Cartoon website: http://www.syriacartoon.com/ or may be used for promotional purposes; cards, posters, newspapers, catalogs, books, websites, etc. Participants are considered to have accepted all the conditions and are aware that their submitted works may be reprinted and used without permission.
7- All entry works must not be submitted as neither folded nor rolling form.
8 - The works will not be returned.
9 - All the cartoonists whose works will be selected for the exhibition will receive a catalogue & certificate.
10 - The jury will not reward the cartoons submitted to other festivals. The prize winners will be informed by mail. And the results will be declared on (March 2009)
11- Frequency: Annual
12- PRIZES: Golden prize, Silver prize, Bronze prize, Special prize (for 7 cartoonists).
13- (All awards are subject to necessary adjustment. Please check web bulletin.)
14- By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
President: RAED KHALIL Tel: +963944704973
All works should be sent to:
the 5th International cartoon contest (SYRIA 2009) - DAMASCUS – P.O.BOX: 6540 SYRIA
2nd "Black Cat" International Cartoon Web Contest - Baku, Azerbaijan 2008
Contest: Open to all cartoonists
THEME: "Black Humor"
ENTRIES: Max. 1 cartoon ( 2 or more cartoons sent to contest will not be accepted )TECHNICAL INFO: A4 size max. 100 dpi, format (JPEG). Max one entry in each section: black & white or colored, any style, any technique will be accepted. Name, address, tel and e-mail.
At the end of competition there will be an exhibition on internet from the selected cartoons.
The participant must send their photo along with their autobiography.
All cartoonists can participate through their own e-mail by submitting your cartoons to: email@example.com
First prize (Diploma, web page)
Second prize ( Diploma, web page)
Third prize ( Diploma, web page)
Honourable mentions: 5 (certificate)
The diplomas will be sent to e-mail address of the winners via e-mail.
Deadline: 20 December 2008
The results will be on http://www.cartooncenter.net/ on 25 December 2008, right after the international juries' evaluation.
NATURE & MAN International Cartoon Web Contest September 2008 results
September 2008 results of the monthly Nature & Man Cartoon Web Contest 2008 with theme "Drought & Water" are announced at the contest websites:
2nd International Manisa - Mesir Cartoon Contest - Turkey
“OUR FUTURE = OUR CHILDREN”
The UNO has announced the year 2009 to be celebrated as the “World Children’s Year”. We also would like to contribute to this concept by organizing the 2nd International Manisa-Mesir Cartoon Contest.
Well, children are our future. What are we going to leave them? Super shoes that did not exist in our childhood, multifunctional cellular phones, giant colorful TVs, 3D cinema, Harry Potter tales, the whole computer technology and the Internet, space dreams… Those things are not few, but what about nutrition, shelter, security, health services, education? The negative or even horrible things in each of those fields are so many that they stick to my throat…
Some of these children are going to be tomorrow’s respected governors, great scientists, art geniuses and super sports people. Unfortunately the ones who do the wrong, bad and ugly things are going to be raised among them, as well. And we are the ones to show them the way. Let’s leave them confidence in future, high moral values and peaceful relationships with neighbors.
So come on dear cartoonists, for our hopeful future and happy children…
Bülent KAR, Mayor of Manisa
Tonguç Yaşar : Cartoonist from Turkey,
Natasa S. Kostovska : Cartoonist from Macedonia,
Grzegorz Szumowski : Cartoonist from Poland,
Massoud Shojai Tabatabai : Cartoonist from Iran,
Eray Özbek : Cartoonist from Turkey,
Cem Koç : Cartoonist from Turkey.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
First Prize : 2500 €
Second Prize : 1750 €
Third Prize : 1000 €
* This contest is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
* The cartoons may not have been previously awarded and must be based on the original idea of the artist. Cartoons that are deemed by the jury to be the same or closely similar to that known to be the work of another cartoonist will not be judged. Discussions and probable claims according all sorts of plagiarism are at the expense of the participant.
* The participation will be only by internet. Consequently, digital artworks will be also accepted.
* The artists shall not present more than 2 (TWO) works. Otherwise, all of them will not be judged.
The properties of the works :
* Minimum A4 (210 X 297 mm), maximum A3 (297 X 420 mm), in JPEG format with 300 dpi resolution. Maximum: 3 MB.
* A separate e-mail for each work. The full name, address, telephone number of the artist is to be stated on the each mail with a brief CV (max. 350 characters).
* The artists will call these cartoons and CV files with their own names. For example: Semih Berker-1 (or 2).jpg and Semih Berker.doc
* The young domestic cartoonists under 18 years must add their ages also. For example: Semih Berker-1(17). For this category, there is a special “youth” prize.
* Address to send submissions in digital form: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The deadline: Entries to reach the organizers by 02 February 2009, Monday,12.00 am midday.
* If the number of the participating cartoons will be very much; the members of the jury in Turkey will do a primary election before the meeting of the jury. If a foreign juror wants to see other works, he/she can look at them and can add his/her selections.
* Jury will meet on February 9th, 2009 and on the same day, the winner cartoons will be declared and will be published in internet. The results will become definite in the 20th of February 2008. Other contradictions to decisions of the jury are not allowed.
* Prize giving ceremony will take place and the exhibition of the selected works will open March 18th, 2009 in Manisa.
* Municipality of Manisa hold the right to publish the cartoons submitted to the contest in any form.
* A catalogue will be published and one copy will be supplied to each artist whose work has been selected for this catalogue.
* Artists submitting cartoons will automatically agree to abide by the above rules.
Regulations of Satyrykon-Legnica 2009 - Poland
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2008-2009), and qualified by artists to:
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the competition.
4. The format of the works - maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 7, 2009, packed in a protective cover to:
International Exhibition SATYRYKON-LEGNICA 2009 AKADEMIA RYCERSKA Chojnowska 2, 59-220 Legnica POLAND
Organisers are not responsible for transport damages.
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, the organiser reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. The work, chosen by the author, will in this way cover our costs of mailing (please use capitals).
7. Works should be accompanied by their author's photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application card.
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the International Jury.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes:
* GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON 2009 - pure gold key and purse amounting to 5.500 PLN
* 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN
* 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 4.500 PLN
* 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 4.000 PLN
* 4 special prizes amounting to 3.500 PLN each
* the Legnica Culture Centre director's award and purse amounting to 3.500 PLN for photographic work.
The Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non-awarding them or non-awarding the GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON. Jury's decisions are final. The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2009 at Satyrykon web site: http://www.satyrykon.com/.
PRIVILAGES OF PARTICIPANTS
1. Authors of work qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue and a free-of-charge place in the catalogue.
2. The organisers provide the competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2009 event on June 12-15, 2009.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2010.
1. The organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
3. The exhibition organisers are the finial judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agree to the publishing of the author's profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
5. Legnica Centre of Culture and Fundation Satyrykon are organisers of the SATYRYKON-LEGNICA 2009 International Exhibition (PL-59-220 Legnica, Chojnowska 2, tel. 0-048 76 852-23-44) e-mail: email@example.com.
* Deadline for works reception: February 7, 2009
* Jury meeting: February 20-22, 2009
* Post-competition exhibition: June 4 - August 30, 2009
* Return of works after the exhibition cycle: December 31, 2010.
Colombian cartoonist Freddy Pibaque still not received his prize WPC Sintra 2007
From: Nacaro Caricaturas firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: 08 Kasım 2008 Cumartesi 18:40
Dear Colleague Editor of the humor web page:
Please, publish this article in your home page.
Thank you for your solidarity.
Freddy Pibaque (Nacaro).
In 2007 I participated in WORLD PRESS CARTOON contest and I won second prize in the Caricature section. But untill today (end of October 2008) I have not received my montary prize, nor the cartoon catalogue, neither the trophy they promise to the winners. Since April 2007 I sent messages to the director of wpc, Mr. Antonio Antunez, asking him to pay me my money, and nothing. When I denounced it by e-mail to colleagues (including you) Mr AA replied that it had paid. After he used a lawyer to amendrate: wpc's lawyer sent me a message threatening a criminal trial if I continued with my denunce of non-payment. (I attach you copy of the message). In addition, on this message says the lawyer: "The prize money can be withdrawn at the direction of .... wpc in Portugal."
With that message is verified that Mr. Antunez says one thing by e-mail to participants and says a different thing for me using his lawyer. It is also proved that wpc has not paid the prize, but AA says yes by e-mail.
But the case is even worse: nowhere in the regulation said that the winners should make a trip to Portugal to collect their prize. No contest in the world makes this absurd condition. Wpc does not respect its own rules.
It is all right that a organizer of cartoon contest threatens to a winner cartoonist?
Thank you for your attention.
PS: Please read the attached message sent by the lawyer of the wpc, also the winner cartoon who never received the prize and a cartoon about wpc.
British archive puts 120,000 cartoons online
by Alan Gardner
November 6, 2008
British Cartoon archive, based at the University of Kent, has created one of the largest online archives of cartoon art with over 120,000 British political and social cartoons from more than 250 cartoonists going back to the 18th century. The collection also includes present day cartoonists such as Carl Giles, Steve Bell, Ralph Steadman and Martin Rowson.
The BBC reports that the effort took two years to digitize all the cartoons.
Jubilee International Cartoon Contest - Germany
Dear Mr. or Mrs,
In May 2009 the Federal Organization for Physical and Multiple Handicapped People will celebrate its 50th anniversary in Berlin. In 1959 it has been founded by parents of children with spastics. The group of people with cerebral palsy still forms the biggest part in our association.
We themed our 50th anniversary - also in allusion to one of the main characteristics of this disability - with following slogan:
"It doesn't matter how you move,
what really counts is what you move!"
It would be a great pleasure for us and all the people who get involved in our work, if you could paint a little caricature or what ever you like that adverts to our slogan. We will collect the drawings that we receive and want to publish them in a brochure. We would like to give these brochures to our members and guests on the anniversary celebration. Of course we will sign each drawing with the artist's name.
We would be very happy if you'd be interested in this campaign. - If you want to be part of it, send your drawing to the address stated below till December 15th 2008.
Norbert Müller-Fehling, Secretary
Anne Ott, Press and publicity
Bundesverband für Körper-und Mehrfachbehinderte e.V.
Brehmstr. 5-7, D-40239 Dusseldorf DEUTSCHLAND
Umoristi a Marostica Contest 2009 - Italy
Contest: open to all cartoonists
Sections: A) CARTOONS; B) STRIPS
Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original, without titles and accompanied by author's entry-form and biography
Deadline: January 18, 2009
Prizes: "Scacchiera International Grand Prize" for each section
Opening and prize distribution: April 12, 2009
Exhibition: April 12 - May 25, 2009
Catalogue: each participating artist will receive a copy (by enclosing 7,00 €uro for the postage charges)
Remark: the works will not be returned and will be included in the "Umoristi a Marostica Museum"
The works should be sent to:
UMORISTI A MAROSTICA 36063 MAROSTICA (VI) ITALY
For further informations:
Source & entry-form:
Deadline extended in the International Caricature Contest Godofredo Guedes’ Centenary
The portal Brazilcartoon supported the Godofredo Guedes’ Centennial International Fair of Cartoon / Brazil with the creation of graphic pieces for disclosure, but unfortunately the Municipal Secretary of Culture of Montes Claros of the current administration (2004-2008) did not fulfill the agreement of paying the valuo of the prizes. Due to the large number of works we have received and the importance of the event, the Brazilcartoon will realize the fair independent of the support from the Secretary of Culture. The deadline will be extended until August 01 of 2009, date of Godofredo’s birthday. So if you have not participated yet, now it’s a good opportunity to honor this great Brazilian artist.
International Caricature Contest Godofredo Guedes’ Centenary
Godofrendo, Godô, as he was kindly named, was born on August 15 in the city Riacho de Santana, Bahia, in 1908. In 1953 he moved to Montes Claros / MG. He began to dominate the brush before he was 15, in 1923. His first work was “Nosso Senhor Bom Jesus da Lapa”, made by oil. As the years went by he became a reference in painting portraits and beautiful landscapes, North of Minas’ hinterlands scenes.
Godofredo was also an influence to the beginning of advertising in Montes Claros, producing painted signs to local commerce. In music he had a most important role in compositions that are nationally known such as “CANTAR” which have already been recorded by Milton Nascimento and Paula Toler, as well as his own son, the singer and composer Beto Guedes.Godofredo went beyond the mounts, in Minas’ capital, where he collaborated in the creation of the art market in Belo Horizonte, in Liberdade Square.
The immortal Godofredo has always had painting and music in his blood, and contributed immensely with the cultural formation of Montes Claros. He left a valuable inheritance of compositions and paintings, and also created an instrument, pentacorde, that have and particular sound.
The City Montes Claros, Brazilcartoon’s home, opens the celebrations of Godofredo Guedes’ centenary with several festivities, in order to retribute to the great cultural collaboration of this talented artist: Godofredo Guedes.Montes Claros is located in the north portion of Minas Gerais. It is an important academic pole and the cultural crib that has already projected great artists in national and international scene such as the writer Darcy Ribeiro, the illustrator and cartoonist Marcelo Lélis, the singer and composer Beto Guedes, one of the integrants of MPB movement, Clube da Esquina; Konstantin Christoff, humor painter known internationally; Carlos Muniz, cartoonist, and Márcio Leite, Brazilcartoon’s director.
1 - Any person can participate the Contest, except Brazilcartoon’s workers and organization staff.
2 - Participants: The competition is open to all amateur cartoonists, professionals and students
3 - The unknown works shall be presented in vertical, format 30cm x 40 cm.
4 - Each contestant may participate with only 1 (one) work.
5 - Techinique is free.
6 - Only original works will be accepted. Digital works shall be signed by the artist’s hand. In the back of each work shall present the following information: Author’s full name, full address with zip-code, phone number, CIC, Identity, bank data and e-mail.
7- The works can be registrated personally or by mail. The final date for registration is August 01, 2009, counting the publishing date. Brazilcartoon’s site won’t be responsible by any damage occurred during the publishing.
OBS.: The under-age participants shall send, written down, the authorization of the parents of responsible.
8- Category: Caricature.
Caricature Concept – Graphic representation with funny anatomic distortions of known personalities.
9 – The participants shall fill the registration form and send the drawings, in the same envelope, to the following address:
Salão Internacional de Caricaturas, Centenário Godofredo Guedes, Rua São Francisco, 666, Centro Cep: 39400-048 Montes Claros / MG, BRAZIL
More info: (38) 3216-1109 email@example.com
Coordination: Walkiria Braga firstname.lastname@example.org
10 – Registrations: until August 01, 2009
11 – The result will be published on August 15, 2009.
12 – Brazilcartoon will show on it’s site http://www.brazilcartoon.com/ a gallery with all the selected and awarded drawings.
13- Drawings sent to the competition won’t be returned.
14 – Prizes:
1st place: R$ 2.000 + trophy
2nd place: R$ 1.000 + trophy
3rd place: R$ 500 + trophy
New Talent’s Award: R$ 500 + trophy (This category is dedicated to amateur artists untill 16 years old).
15 – Authorial rights:
The organization staff reserve the right to veto the participation of those whose work’s subject won’t fit the contest’s proposal. The organization may use the works sent to divulgate the event and in Brazilcartoon. The registration of the International Godofredo Guedes’ centenary Contest implicates in total and unrestricted acceptance of the conditions above described.
Godofredo Guedes’s photos and Registration Form
Dear friends cartoonists,
We want to warn you that the theme of the Hall of Cartoons Godofredo Guedes is the very own Godofredo Guedes. So it is a Hall of Cartoons honoring our great artist Godofredo Guedes. It’s not going to be accepted themes that go outside this.
Thank you for your attention and good luck!
Croatian cartoonist Ismet Voljevica passed away (1922-2008)
Ismet - Ico Voljevica was born on the 18th July 1922 in Mostar, finished high school in Sarajevo and studied at the Architecture Faculty in Zagreb. As a student began to cooperate in the comics magazine Kerempuh. Then he worked for Grgu, without interruption, full 39 years while publishing with other dailies and magazines.
Ismet Voljevica is buried on Tuesday, 4 November at the Zagreb cemetery Mirogoj.
Note by Florian Doru Crihana: THE RETURN TO THE MASTERS
Do we have a cartoon crisis? No. It is a Cartoon Competition Crisis. The big names of the world cartoon retired from competition because they are dominated by amateurs and beginners. Even the juries are often stupid. Yomiuri Shimbun is the first major competition which failed. It failed because of a very bad administration; years and years they rejected the works of the Europeans. I was never admited in the exhibition. I might be a stupid cartoonist. Dear friends, this is not a world cartoon crisis - it is the failing of the Yomiuri Shimbun Admninistration.
Florian Doru Crihana
Monday, November 3, 2008
Results Himal Southasian Cartoon Competition 2008
Visit to the Dentist: International Cartoon Competition - Russia
XVI INTERNATIONAL GRAPHIC HUMOR BIENNIAL CUBA 2009
From March 29 to April 2, 2009 Headquarters: San Antonio de los Baños Headquarters: Havana
The Union of Cuban Journalists, the Circle of Humorists and Cartoonists of the UPEC, and the Museum of Humor of San Antonio de los Baños, called the XVI International Biennial of Graphic Humor Cuba 2009, to be held from March 29 to April 2, with the coauspicio of the Directorate of Culture in Havana, and Latin American Federation of Journalists (Felap).
For the salvation of the species proposed the meeting in a world where we talk about emissions of carbon emissions and climate change, media manipulation, deforestation, desertification, inequality, war, unipolarity, xenophobia. Those who make you laugh and think being called a planet, where campea irrationality of the privileged to maintain their wealth and turn food into energy. The increasingly hungry stomachs of the poor of the land claim to the danger to jungles, forests, and the air we breathe. We call on the cartoonist for the defense of humanity.
The contest Humor Cartoon
Participating in the meeting is open to all professionals of humor figure in the world and can compete in the following categories:
. General humor (Humor general)
. Political satire (Sátira política)
. Comics (Historieta Humorística)
. Caricature portrait (Caricatura personal)
. Humorous photograph (Fotografía humorística).
Will be accepted processed digitally printed works in any category of the previously expressed.
Can be sent up to 3 works in each category.
The original works will be performed in any technical format with a maximum of 40 x 50 cm.
Should be included in each work the following information about the author:
Contact name (also stage name), Country, Category in which competition, Address, E-mail.
The works conveniently packaged will be received until January 31, 2009:
Unión de Periodistas de Cuba (UPEC) XVI Bienal Internacional de Humorismo Gráfico Calle 23 no.452, Vedado, Cuba. CP 10 400
Phones: 832 - 37 22 / 832 - 45 59 E-mail: email@example.com
Of the jurors:
A selection of works presented, made by a jury of admission specialist, will be shown at the XVI International Exhibition of Graphic Humor in San Antonio de los Baños. An international jury, comprising prestigious figures of graphic humor, awarded the prizes.
Of the prizes:
. Eduardo Abela prize, consisting of Diploma and 1000 CUC
. First, second and third place prizes in each category, which consists of a diploma.
. Other prizes handed by Cuban cultural institutions.
Meetings of cartoonists:
From March 29 to April 2 workshops will be held theoretical and artistic creation in San Antonio de los Baños and the City of Havana, so that participants can exchange experiences, to publicize his book (do not leave your portfolio in home) and reflect on the role of humor in the twenty-first century. Also attending the opening exhibition of graphic humor.
Results International Digital Media (by Email) Contest 2008 - Iran
Carlos Amorim - Brazil
Ali Shahali - Iran / Second Prize: 1500 € + Trophy + Honorable Mention
Humor Juegos de - Colombia / Third Prize: 1000 € + Trophy + Honorable Mention
Pouya Eterazi - Iran / Honorable Mention
Ronaldo Cunha Dias - Brazil / Honorable Mention
Shahin Fathi Djalali - Iran / Honorable Mention.