On Thursday, 1st April 2021, an exhibition of the best competing works, a festive announcement of the results and the handing of prizes to the most successful authors of the 27th competition in accordance with the Jury´s decision will take place as follows:
GRAND PRIZE (Grand Prix) Golden Keg and € 500
1st Prize Small GOLDEN KEG and € 200
2nd Prize Small GOLDEN KEG and € 150
3rd Prize Small Golden KEG and € 100.
• The Jury of the competition reserves the right not to award some of the prizes, to modify the amounts of the financial rewards and/or to award more prizes and/or honorary mentions.
• The organisers will accept for the competition all works that will be delivered at the address of the Šarišská gallery in Prešov by Friday 26th February 2021.
• The organisers of the competition reserve the right to publish selected works in promotional materials and to reinstall the exhibition.
The diploma and the exhibition catalogue will be received in print by every awarded author and in the electronic form by every participating author who also provides his or her e-mail address. Main prizes and financial rewards can be received by an awarded author only in person on 1st April or through a person authorised by him/her.
Each author can send at maximum five original works, including graphic techniques.
The competition is open to anybody and everybody, and it is not restricted in terms of artistic design methods.
The formats of the works should not exceed the A4 dimensions.
The competition is non-anonymous. Each work should be signed on the reverse and bear the author´s full address.
The rewarded works will become property of the BEER GALLERY in Prešov.
Send your works at the address:
(Mr. Fedor VICO)
ul. Hlavná 51, 080 01 Prešov
Please clearly mark the envelope with the word „PIVO“.
We wish the participation of cartoonists from all around the world this year by organizing internationally the cartoon contest that we have organized nationally for three years.
We’ve decided the topic of the contest as Climate Change and Organic Agriculture.
Our world becomes more and more uninhabitable in time. Because of unconscious behaviors of humankind such as harming green areas, blue seas, clean water resources and clean air; they actually didn’t realize that they harmed themselves.
Negative behaviors disrupted the balance of the world. Natural conditions changed. On the one hand, the danger of drought; on the other hand, global warming and the rapid destruction of natural areas are the unique reasons why calamity and natural disasters are often threatening humankind. Accordingly, the damage to the agricultural areas has increased the share of inorganic nutritions and GMO (genetically modified organism) foods in the market and naturally proportion in the food chain. The use of hybrid seeds has also endangered the future of sustainable natural agriculture.
The importance of organic agriculture is obvious for healthy nutrition and consequently the future of humanity.
We have implemented and developed many environmentally-kind projects in order to increase the proportion of Denizli's green areas, to protect and save water resources, to minimize the pollution of the air we breathe and to recycle waste and garbage for the nature.
We have worked for forming organic aggriculture areas and directing farmers to organic aggriculture besides raising the awareness of our public. Furthermore, our works still keep on.
We wanted to bring up Climate Change and Organic Agriculture, we see it as a problem that threatens the whole world, with your valuable interpretations as master cartoonists. Thus, we desired to contribute to the awareness of people.
I thank you and wish you success.
Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The topic of the contest: Climate Change and Organic Agriculture
2.Deadline: Cartoons must be uploaded on eng.denizli.bel.tr (official municipality website) until 12.00 (a.m) 7 March 2021, on Sunday.
3.The contest is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
4. It is not required that the cartoons which will be sent to the contest have been published or not in previous contests. However, the cartoons you will send must not have been awarded in another contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee (jury) deems the same or similar or the ones specified as another cartoonist’s belonging by the committee will not be evaluated.
5.You can participate in the contest with maximum three cartoons.
6. Cartoonists will send their cartoons digitally to our contest. Every cartoon must be in A4 size, between 150-300 dpi, JPEG format and minumum 1 MB maximum 10 MB capacity.
7. Some cartoons which will be choosen from among the received cartoons by the jury will be collected in a cartoon album. The works of cartoon deemed worthy to be exhibited will also be displayed whenever and whereever Denizli Metropolitan Municipality deems suitable. No fee will be paid for the works of cartoon choosen by the jury for the exhibition and the album.
8. One-night accommodation and meal expenses of the winners of the cartoon contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
9. Selection committee (The Jury Members)
* Serhat Akbulut (Assistant General Secretary)
* Hüdaverdi Otaklı (Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department) - Coordinator
* Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art)
* Şevket Yalaz (Cartoonist)
* Savaş Ünlü (Humourist)
* Mehmet Selçuk (Cartoonist)
* Abdülkadir Uslu (Cartoonist)
* Altan Özeskici (Cartoonist)
* Ali Şur (Cartoonist)
* Kübra Deligöz (Cartoonist).
First Prize Winner: 7500 TL
Second Prize Winner: 5000 TL
Third Prize Winner:3500 TL
Honorable Mention (3 pieces of prize): 1500 TL
The Prize for Under 18 Years Old (2 pieces of prize): 750 TL.
11. The Calendar of Contest:
A.The deadline application to contest is 7 March 2021, 12.00 (a.m) on Sunday.
B.The evaluation meeting of the jury will be conducted on 13 March 2021 (on Saturday) and 14 March 2021 (on Sunday).
D. Prize-giving Ceremony: Because of Covid-19 pandemic, how and when ceremony will be conducted depends on Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
12. No matter cartoons get reward or not, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality will become right owner to use all cartoons providing that participants’ names are clearly mentioned, in accordance with the law No.5846.
The participants will have accepted that the rights of use their works will be transferred to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality free of charge to be used in all activities, promotions, events and trainings of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality. In addition, The Municipality has rights of use their works for providing materials such as poster, catalogue, brochure, gifted book and etc. and publishing in the media. Furthermore, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality has also the rights of use their works to reproduce, disseminate, distribute and demonstrate.
The works of the participant, which received or did not receive an award, can be used in print media, radio and television and also other mass media in accordance with the purposes of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, from the moment of the delivery. Moreover, participants accept and undertake that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality takes over the rights of use the their works by means of broadcasts on the internet, brochures, catalogues, agendas, posters, CDs, DVDs and each digital media or calendars.
The participant declares that the work sent to the contest belongs entirely to herself/himself. Due to this work, the participant undertakes that she/he is the sole and absolute addressee of the requests of third parties that may arise from Law No:5846 (Intellectual and Artistic Works) and other laws. Besides, the participant also accepts that the legal and criminal responsibility for the work belongs entirely to himself/herself. In addition, the participant undertakes that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality does not have any legal and criminal liability regarding the matters forementioned (the right of recourse to the owner of the work is reserved).
The right of the works belongs to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality as the organizing institution of the contest and the owner of the work.
13. Participants are deemed to have already accepted the terms & conditions of the contest and jury decisions. If disagreements between Denizli Metropolitan Municipality and contestant arise in regards to undefined matters in the agreement or in case of doubt, the selection committee (jury) will arbitrate between both sides. In case of disagreement, this commitee will be authorized.
14. Contact Information:
Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art) : +90 (258) 280 25 68
HEALTH is the main theme for the PortoCartoon 2021
Luther King and Maria João Pires
- Special Caricature Awards
PortoCartoon (an initiative of the Portuguese Printing Pres Museum) will continue to follow the UN principles, Health is the the main theme chosen for 2021.
The invitation to participate was just been made to cartoonists around the world (
Placed as the 3rd SDG (Sustainable Development Goals), in 2015, health is today the main pillar for the defense of humanity. COVID-19 - a virus without borders and still uncontrollable - has become the "main threat to the world security", according to the UN General Secretary, António Guterres.
Following the line started in 2013, with the introduction of the Caricature award in PortoCartoon, the choice for 2021 was the Nobel Peace Prize winner Luther King, who was murdered in 1968. The current situation in the world, the frequent violation of Human Rights and the need to social transformation for a better and free world, for all races - especially the most segregated ones -, gives relevance to this choice.
The other chosen figure was the Portuguese pianist Maria João Pires, whose "way of playing the piano has often been described as magical, captivating and deeply poetic" (Deutsche Grammophon). With an international career and more than 140 albums edited, Maria João Pires is the Portuguese who follows other figures such as Manoel de Oliveira, José Saramago, Amália, Siza Vieira or António Guterres.
This will be the 23rd edition of the Portuguese Printing Press Museum initiative that started in 1998, with the theme of “Discoveries” (inaugurated by President Jorge Sampaio in 1999) and has put Portugal on the podium of the worldwide cartoon.
In the twenty-two previous editions, more than 7000 cartoonists from five continents had participated.
General Rules and Regulations
1 MAIN THEME HEALTH
Placed as the 3rd SDG (Sustainable Development Goals), in 2015, HEALTH is today the main pillar for the defense of humanity. COVID-19 – a virus without borders and still uncontrollable – has become the “main threat to the world security”, according to the UN General Secretary, António Guterres.
The fragility of the health services, in dozens of countries and regions of the world, and the lack of water and sanitation, has aggravated the people capacity for health defense. Epidemics claim millions of lives. Vaccines are a sign of hope, but again the poorest are the most unprotected. Even with so many speeches for equality, the tragedy seems to continue. And it is necessary to prevent the spread of the virus from being aggravated by the proliferation of misinformation.
In this context, the role of wise and beautiful humor is central and irreplaceable.
Therefore, PortoCartoon chose HEALTH as the main theme for 2021.
2 SPECIAL AWARDS FOR CARICATURE
MARIA JOÃO PIRES (1944- ) The pianist Maria João Pires is a prominent artist in classical music. She came to be recognized internationally when awarded with the first prize of the international competition of the bicentenary of Beethoven in 1970, in Brussels. Her career includes numerous tours, interpreting works by Bach, Beethoven, Schumann, Schubert, Mozart, Brahms, Chopin and many other composers. Invited by the great world orchestras, she performs regularly in Europe, Canada, Japan, Israel and the USA. “Her way of playing the piano has often been described as magical, captivating and deeply poetic” (Deutsche Grammophon).
Being a dreamer she created a unique work in the relationship between music and nature: Belgais Arts Center (Portugal).
MARTIN LUTHER KING (1929-1968) had a special dream: to create a world of peace for blacks and whites, with freedom and justice. Because of that he was murdered at 39. His dream remains alive, which many want to see dead.
He was a human rights martyr, like others who had followed him, Luther King was one of the first political figures in the United States to express himself, clearly, against racial discrimination. Inspired by Mahatma Gandhi and Henry Thoreau’s theory of civil disobedience, he advocated a peaceful and without weapon fighting. In 1964, he received the Nobel Prize for Peace, becoming at that time, the youngest winner of such an award.
The nowadays situation in the world, the frequent violation of the Human Rights and the need for social transformation for a better and free world for all races - especially the most segregated ones - give relevance to this choice of PortoCartoon 2021. Luther King deserves a special gallery. Likewise, his utopic dreams.
3 Cartoonists can submit works for the MAIN THEME and for the FREE CATEGORY, as in the previous editions.
4 Artists who don’t wish to compete can send us their works EXTRA-COMPETITION, informing of their decision.
5.1. Cartoons must be original. We accept any kind of graphical techniques, including digital artwork sent by e-mail, as long as the drawings are SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR, are identified as PRINT NUMBER ONE and as an original for this contest.
5.2. Can also be presented sculptures pieces of humour, in any kind of material.
6 The artworks cannot exceed the following measurements:
- IN PAPER, 42 x 30 cm (DIN A3);
- SCULPTURE PIECES, 42 x 30 x 30 cm.
7 Cartoons should be sent with the author’s Resumé, in Portuguese or English,
(publications, exhibitions, prizes…) and must be identified on the reverse with the following information:
- Author’s name and address;
- Year, title and theme section.
8 Entries should arrive at the PORTUGUESE PRINTING PRESS MUSEUM until February 15th 2021 (EXTENDED:) February 28th 2021, along with the filled Entry Form.
10 The participation in PortoCartoon automatically implies that the author waives copyrights of his works in any kind of platform, concerning the production and diffusion of the festival.
11 The AWARDS, including a TROPHY and a DIPLOMA, will be the following:
Grand Prize PORTOCARTOON 4000 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine),
travel and stay costs for the Awards Ceremony in Portugal
2nd Prize PORTOCARTOON 1200 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine),
travel and stay costs for the Awards Ceremony in Portugal
3rd Prize PORTOCARTOON 800 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine),
travel and stay costs for the Awards Ceremony in Portugal
Special Award for CARICATURE 1st Prize 1000 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine)
Special Award for CARICATURE 2nd Prize 300 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine)
Special Award for CARICATURE 3rd Prize 200 Euro
(half in money and half in Port wine)
Honorable Mentions 50 Euro.
12 The organization does not ensure to send prizes on bottles of wine.
13 The Jury will have an odd number of members and its decisions will be final and cannot be subject to any type of appeal or complaint.
14 The awarded works will become property of the PORTUGUESE PRINTING PRESS MUSEUM and will take part of the INTERNACIONAL CARTOON GALLERY. The others will be returned to the artists, if formally requested with the entry form, after the exhibitions (during PortoCartoon and others in different cities and countries).
15 In case of using non-awarded works in other cases except PortoCartoon exhibitions or its promotion, copyright payment will be made to the artists.
16 All the artists whose works are selected for the exhibition will receive a DIGITAL CATALOGUE, that will be sent by e-mail to download. If the artist wants to receive a printed catalogue, he should request it and support the shipment costs.
17 The winning artists will receive the prizes in June 2021, in a public ceremony.
World Cartoon Festival on Applying Arts and Culture in
Silencing the Guns in Africa
Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kenya
Over the past two decades, efforts have been made to silence the guns in Africa, and this is a positive turning point for achieving a conflict-free Africa. Despite these efforts, conflicts continue in parts of the African continent. Extremism, the threat of terrorism and transnational crimes on the continent remain an ongoing challenge.
Arms, as the continent's most popular weapon of choice, have attracted the attention of African Union member states and sparked their initiative to put an end to arms in Africa. The main task of this plan is to achieve a conflict-free Africa, prevent genocide, achieve peace for all and clean the African continent of war, violent conflict, human rights abuses and human disasters.
To expedite this plan, the African Union launched the "Silencing the Guns" project in 2020 by mobilizing all stakeholders. But the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 prevented us from addressing this important issue in Africa properly. The African Union's 2021 theme "Arts, Culture and Heritage" prompted us to use art to keep this important event alive next year and to strive to achieve it.
The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kenya, in line with the efforts of the African Union, decides to hold “World Cartoon Festival on Silencing the Guns" to show that the Islamic Republic of Iran, as in the past, stands with African countries to achieve peace and development on the continent.
World Cartoon Festival on Silencing the Guns in AFrica
1) No to guns in dispute settlement
2) Silencing the guns and the Roots of conflicts (poverty, historical injustice, inequality, climate change, ethnic and tribal disputes)
3) Arms trade and warfare
4) Condemnation of Genocide and war crimes
5) Countering extremism and terrorism
6) Silencing the guns and Human Rights
7) Surrounding of guns and reduction of violent conflicts
8) Effects of Silencing the Guns on the African next generation, generation of peace and dialogue
9) Applying art and culture in silencing the guns
Deadline for sending artworks: 30 April 2021 (before 12 midnight)
- Each cartoonist can send maximum 5 artworks;
- Artworks should be in A4 size and sent in JPEG format with minimum 300DPI resolution;
- Form of entry should be completed for each artwork;
- Submitted artworks must not have received an award previously;
- Any technics and methods can be used;
- Artworks should follow copyright regulations;
- By sending the artwork, the cartoonist guarantees that he/she is creator of the artworks and gives permission to the organizer to publish the artworks anywhere it deems necessary freely.
The 1st selected by jury: 4000 US$
The 2nd selected by jury: 3000 US$
The 3rd selected by jury: 2000 US$
Five selected artworks by the juries will also be awarded certificates.
Kenyan artists have the chance to receive three additional awards:
The 1st Kenyan cartoonist selected by jury: 400 US$ + Certificate
The 2nd Kenyan cartoonist selected by jury: 300 US$ + Certificate
The 3rd Kenyan cartoonist selected by jury: 200 US$ + Certificate
The United Nations (UN) was founded following the Second World War by 51 countries including Turkey on October 24, 1945, to realize the noble humanity vision of securing international peace and providing security, supporting sustainable development and safeguarding human rights. Turkey, as a founding member of the United Nations, plays an important role in the fulfillment of various duties of the organization from peacekeeping and peace building to improving the lives of people in need around the world.
UN Turkey and its partners work towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals: The 17 ambitious goals in connection with each other aim to solve the problems faced by people all over the world, including Turkey. One of these goals is GENDER MAINSTREAMING. We can explain the gender mainstreaming, which is the main goal here, within the following scopes:
• Ending all forms of discrimination against women and girls everywhere,
• Eliminating all forms of violence against all women and girls in public and private domains, including woman trafficking and sexual and all forms of abuse,
• Eliminating child marriage, early forced marriage and all harmful practices against women,
• Making policies of public services, infrastructure and social protection regarding unpaid care and housework, and recognition and appreciation of responsibility within the household and family through improving the sharing of responsibility in a nationally appropriate manner, and;
• Ensuring women's full and effective participation in decision-making processes of political, economic and social life and equal opportunities for women to exist in decision-making leadership mechanisms.
IZMIR and especially IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality, which has become a leading example for Turkey with exemplary efforts towards improving the lives of women and girls, is a part "Women Friendly Cities Program" since 2006 and carries the distinction of being the first metropolitan province in being so. This was documented by the "Women Friendly City Certificate" issued in 2009. We can define a "Women Friendly City" in general as a city where the urban rights of women are realized, their participation in local decision-making processes and decision-making mechanisms is ensured, local equality policies that improve women's living conditions and ensure equality of women and men in all areas of life are established, and local services are provided through embedding these policies in the understanding of local government. Established in Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, "Directorate of Women’s studies" sets an example for the sustainability and permanence of the Women Friendly Cities program. Besides, there are Women's Shelters; “Key” Integrated Service Center; Fairy-Tale Houses for women with children; Vocational Factories that prepare women for Employment and Entrepreneurship; and Equality Unit.
Women managers are an example of the given priority of the number of female employees and female employment. IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality gives training on Gender Mainstreaming and provides services that facilitate the life of women in the city while taking into consideration of their rights and freedom through awareness-raising activities carried out on special days including November 25 Combating Violence Against Women; March 8 International Women's Day, December 5 Turkish Women's Right to elect and to be elected, and through conducting mutual work and well-attended meetings with NGOs and Trade Associations.
OBJECTIVE: Cartoonists! Empowering women means empowering the world: Think, draw ... Show everyone what comes to mind when you think about women's rights and empowerment. The areas of interest of our Cartoon contest are as follows.
You can get inspired by the following subjects and much more:
- Women and the Environment - Women in Power and Decision Making - Girls - Women and the Economy - Women and Poverty - Violence against Women - Human Rights of Women - Education of Women - Institutional Mechanisms for the Improvement of Women - Women and Health - Women and Media.
IZMIR METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST
SUBJECT: GENDER MAINSTREAMING
1. The contest is organized nationally and internationally and is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
2. Cartoons that do not abide by the general rules of ethics, that contain insults, serve political purposes, violate personal rights and contain statements that may constitute a crime will be excluded from the contest.
3. Relatives of the selection committee members cannot participate in the contest.
4. Drawing technique is free. Competitors are required to fill in and send the participation form. By completing the participation form, the participant declares and acknowledges his/her consent in advance that he/she is the owner of the work of cartoon(s) that he/she will participate in the contest with and is vested with these work(s) and the participant grants license to IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality as defined under the provisions of Articles numbered 21-25 of the Law of Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works No. 5846, as the economic rights of communication to the public in the form of a non-exclusive license, without limitation of any place, time and number, and in a way that includes the right to transfer to third parties by means of processing, reproducing, disseminating, representing and transferring signs, sounds and/or images and that IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality may use the cartoon(s) in any way it wishes by exhibiting, keeping in the archive, reproducing and publishing on the internet and in other ways, and furthermore, the participant cannot claim any price from the Municipality for this reason.
5. Cartoons will only be admitted to the specified e-mail address through the internet. Cartoon sizes should be maximum A3 (29.7 x 42 cm) and 300 dpi resolution in RGB and jpg format. They should be sent without using a compression program such as ZIP or RAR.
6. Cartoons to be sent should not have been awarded in any national or international contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee deems the same or similar or that belong to another cartoonist will not be evaluated.
7. The Cartoons that made it to the finals against similar claims will be exhibited on IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality website and social media for a week. Objections received after this period will not be taken into consideration and the decision of the jury will be final.
8. Cartoons that are found to be similar will be excluded from the contest. In the event of such a determination, the works selected as a backup will be awarded. The participant will be responsible for any possible discussions and stolen and similar claims.
9. Participants can send a maximum of 5 Cartoons.
10. Cartoons should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org address with the title of "Izmir Metropolitan Municipality International Cartoon Contest" until February 1, 2021, at 17:00.
11. The money awards won by the participants in the contest will be transferred to the bank IBAN that they have sent us. The award winner must complete, sign and send the required documents, along with the IBAN. Situations that may arise due to the failure of the award owner to declare the IBAN or to be unable to receive the award price due to various reasons expire at the end of 1 year after the results are announced. In the event of a time-lapse, the right holder cannot demand any awards, royalties, etc. In case of disputes that may arise between the IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality and the participant, the jury's arbitration is sought first, if no result is reached, IZMIR Courts will be authorized to resolve the disputes.
12. Among the cartoons sent to the contest, the works selected by the jury and deemed worthy of the exhibition will be collected in an album to be organized by IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality. This album will only be sent to the participants who were placed in the contest and whose work was published. No additional fee is paid for the works selected for the album.
13. At the end of the contest, the works which have won an award, honorary mention, gained the right to be exhibited and to be put in the album will belong to IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality indefinitely together with the owner of the work based on the processing defined in Article 21, reproduction defined in Article 22, dissemination defined in Article 23, representation defined in Article 24, and the economic rights of communication to the public by means of transferring signs, sounds and/or images defined in Article 25 of the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works numbered 5846. Within the framework of these rights, IZMIR Metropolitan Municipality can use or provide the usage of the work indefinitely within or outside of Turkey, in Turkish or in any other world languages, in all kinds of media and material content by specifying the name of the author. No additional fee is paid for the works selected for these uses. No fees will be paid to the Consultant Members who take part in the contest. All participants who submit their work to the contest are deemed to have accepted the above conditions.
First Prize: 15,000 TL
Second Prize: 10,000 TL
Third Prize: 5,000 TL
Honorable Mention (3): 2,000 TL.
Cemalettin Güzeloğlu – Cartoonist
Canol Kocagöz – Cartoonist
Eray Özbek – Cartoonist
Menekşe Çam – Cartoonist
Görkem Şengüler – Illustrator
Hilal Bayındır – Illustrator.
Neptün Soyer – Teacher
Izel Zenginobuz – IMM (Izmir Metropolitan Municipality) Deputy Chairman of Child and Family Commission, Lawyer
Nilay Kökkılınç – IMM Head of Gender Mainstreaming Commission, Lawyer.
Ömer Çam – IMM Directorate of Vocational Factory, Cartoonist
Mert Gültekin – IMM Directorate of Culture and Art.
The deadline is until February 1, 2021, at 17:00.
The jury evaluation meeting will be held on February 5, 2021.
The publication of the final works will be announced on 8 February 2021.
The final results of the contest will be announced on 15 February 2021.
The cartoons deemed worthy of the exhibition by the jury will be exhibited at the date; time and place determined by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality.
Note: Izmir Metropolitan Municipality reserves the right to make changes in this specification if deemed necessary.
Hoaxes will destroy the life of the people of the nation and state.
PAKARTI as a forum for Indonesia cartoonists invites all cartoonists around the world to fight against hoaxes:
Terms and Conditions
1. The festival is open to all entrants from all nations.
2. Cartoons must meet the ethical and aesthetic standards of civilized society, No incitement to violence, racial or national discrimination, or scenes of violence and pornography.
3. Method of execution is up to the entrant. Cartoons submitted in digital form will have the following formats: JPEG, A3, 300 dpi, Max. 5Mb / cartoon.
Author's name, billing address and email will be attached to the entry: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In the event of rule breaking or overt plagiarism, entries will be removed from the festival without discussion.
5. Maximum of three entries per participant.
6. Final submission date for entries is December 06, 2020 (EXTENDED:) December 14, 2020.
7. The following prizes are awarded:
1st Prize - Money + Trophy
2nd Prize - Money + Trophy
3rd Prize - Money + Trophy
Three Special Prizes.
Exhibition in the HARTONO Mall Sukoharjo - Solo baru INDONESIA.
The inauguration and prize giving ceremony will take place on 11 December 2020.
11th INTERNATIONAL TURHAN SELÇUK CARTOON COMPETITION
1. The competition is open to any cartoonist.
2. It is acceptable to enter with cartoons that have been published previously. However, they should not have won any prize/award in any other competition.
3. Any technique is allowed. The cartoonist can submit a maximum of 5 cartoons. Originals or electronic versions suitable for printing in 300 dpi and jpg format sent by e-mail would also be acceptable. No reponsibility will be assumed for documents sent in different formats and documents that can not be opened.
4. All cartoons must be 30x40cm maximum.
5. The participants must write their names (first and surname) in capital letters, address, e-mail, country and telephone number; a brief CV should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
6. The cartoons must be sent to the following address, no later than 1st May 2021 (EXTENDED:) 1st July 2021
11th INTERNATIONAL TURHAN SELÇUK CARTOON COMPETITION
7. The results of the competition will be announced on 31st August 2021.
8. The cartoons sent to the competition will not be returned. All cartoons, whether they have won a prize or not, may be used for cultural purposes and may be published. Participation assumes acceptance of these conditions. All cartoons will be kept in the ‘Turhan Selçuk Karikatürlü Ev’.
9. The cartoons selected by the jury will be displayed in the exhibition and will also be printed in the album.
10. The reward ceremony will be held on 17th September 2021. The opening of the exhibition will be held on the same date, in ‘Turhan Selçuk Karikatürlü Ev’ for cartoons which have won an award or have been selected for display. The exhibition will be open until 1st October 2021.
11. Accommodation and meal expenses for participants who have won a ‘Special Award’ will be met. Travel expenses will be borne by the participants. Travel, accommodation and meal expenses for competitors who come first, second and third will be met by Milas Municipality.
12. SELECTION COMMITTEE:
Runner up: ₺5.000.00
Other Special Prizes will be awarded by various establishments, societies, newspapers, art magazines, trade unions, news agents and individuals.
Note: The jury meeting will be held on the 13-15th August 2021.
International Cartoon Festival Franzensbad 2021, Czechia
Compulsory Subject: History
1- We accept cartoons only on the topic you entered
2- Total number of cartoons per author: 3 pieces
3- A cartoon must not have won an appraisal at previous competitions
4- Cartoons without words are not a requirement, but they have an advantage
5- Cartoons should only be sent electronically to: email@example.com
6- Deadline April 30th, 2021
7- The technical parameters should be as follows: at least 300 DPI; JPG, PNG or PDF format
8- By sending their cartoons, the author agrees with the following:
a) The organizer can use the cartoons for the promotional purposes of this International Festival of Cartoons
b) The cartoons will be used in Tapír, magazine of humor and satire, Award Winning Works:
1st Prize 15.000 CZK
2nd Prize 10.000 CZK
3rd Prize 5.000 CZK.
Our festival aims to help the children with oncological disease by the drawing.
Drawings themselves won’t be a subject of competition.
In the period from 13 to 19 September 2021, the drawings will be exhibited and auctioned.
Proceeds from the auction will be used for oncological care activities in hospitals.
Festival is open for all professional and amateur creators, no age restriction is applied.
5th International Green Crescent Cartoon Contest 2021, Turkey
Subject Matter of the Contest: “The New Generation and the New Generation Addictions”
We have selected the topic of this year’s cartoon contest as “The New Generation and the New Generation Addictions.” We expect the cartoonists to focus on the causes of addictions, how they spread, their consequences, effects of the pandemic, and online betting and online gambling addictions within the framework of that theme. We aim at sharing the power and effect of healthy life with the world and young people from the perspective of cartoonists. We would like to thank the outstanding cartoonists for their valuable contributions in connection with that topic in advance.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
NUMBER OF WORKS
Up to 3 works can be sent, published works may be participated in, provided that they are not awarded.
A4 or A3
Black and white or colored
Turkish or English (text will be used if necessary, but not visual / verbal)
The artist must send his cartoons on website, no later than 31 January 2021. Cartoons' digital files must be max 5 MB, 300 dpi, JPG, A4 or A3 format.
Green Crescent can use the cartoons participating in the race in any way he wants. It does not create any copyright for these works.
All the works applied for the contest will not be returned to the applicants regardless of whether they have been placed in the rankings or not, and all the financial and moral rights arranged in the Law on Intellectual and Artistic Works (public communication, public offering, specifying name, prohibiting any change in the work with devices for processing, duplicating, dissemination, representation, sign, sound and / or image transfer) will be undertaken by the Turkish Green Crescent Society without being subject to restrictions of inland or outland place, content, course, duration and number. The Turkish Green Crescent Society is entitled exclusively on all the works, those rights and authorizations can be used both for the entire original work or/and its entire processing and for a part of the original work or/and a part of the processing.
Originals of all the works entered in the contest will be delivered to the Turkish Green Crescent Society before the award ceremony by the authors of the works.
The Turkish Green Crescent Society has the right to use all the works applied for the contest as any kind of promotional materials such as posters, catalogues, brochures, booklets etc.
All kinds of legal responsibilities that may arise from the reproduction of works from other sources (not original work) and plagiarism belong to the contestant. In case of any damage to the Green Crescent due to these reasons, the relevant contestant will cover all the damages caused to the Green Crescent. If such a situation is detected, the prize will be withdrawn even if the contestant is awarded. In such a case, the contestant will reimburse the price paid as a reward to the Green Crescent accounts within 10 days from the first demand of the Green Crescent.
All the works applied for the contest must not have been awarded in any contest. If such a situation is detected, the prize will be withdrawn even if the contestant is awarded. In such a case, the contestant will reimburse the price paid as a reward to the Green Crescent accounts within 10 days from the first demand of the Green Crescent.
All kinds of legal responsibilities arising from the use of unoriginal texts, contents, designs, images, music etc. sent for the contest belong to the contestant.
Participants of this contest are considered to have accepted the conditions of the contest. The discretion of the issues that are not found in the application belong to the Turkish Green Crescent Society. Participants are counted to have accepted these conditions.
XXVIII INTERNATIONAL SATIRE AND HUMOR FESTIVAL CITY OF TRENTO
Because of the current rules to contain the health emergency, this moment of inauguration and the award ceremony will only take place virtually and the exhibiton of the selected artworks will be visible on our website, where everyone will be able to vote his/her favorite artwork.
By connecting to our Facebook page you will be able to see the opening ceremony of the XXVIII INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THE SATIRE AND HUMOR CITY OF TRENTO, this year's theme was LIMITS.
Hoping that everything goes on the best way,
we wait and hope for your participation to the opening ceremony.
The WORLD PRESS CARTOON will hold its sixteenth edition in 2021 and continues to hold its main event at the Portuguese city of Caldas da Rainha. We remind you of the innovation introduced three years ago: the admissibility of works produced for online publications. We will maintain the levels of rigour and quality that are the hallmark of this organization, with the structure of monetary awards from last editions, including a Grand Prix of 10.000 Euros.
It remains as our mission to distinguish, exhibit, reveal and reward the best drawings published in the world press over the course of a year: Caricatures, editorial cartoons and gag humour drawings that encapsulate the history of an entire year, works that are born in different cultures where cartoonists portray the World with their choice of weapons - irony and a critical eye. In order to facilitate the jury's assessment and to guarantee quality and rigour to the final selection, it is essential that authors carefully read the regulations and present their works in accordance with the rules it establishes.
A universal salon requires universal participation and clear and equal rules for everyone. Because the WORLD PRESS CARTOON seeks to bring together the best of international press drawing production each year, this is a meeting that professional cartoonists should not miss!
1. NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE SALON
a) The World Press Cartoon consists of three categories: Editorial Cartoon, Caricature and Gag Cartoon.
b) The World Press Cartoon is not a theme show; the aim is to distinguish the best works created and published in 2020 in each one of the three categories.
c) In the category of EDITORIAL CARTOON all works are considered that deal with current affairs issues and events.
d) In the CARICATURE category, caricature works are considered in the strict sense, with humorous portraits only being allowed.
e) In the category of GAG CARTOON, works are considered that deal with themes that are not directly related to the present.
f) Authors are free to submit to competition the works they consider to be of their best level, but obviously, the characters, themes and events of a most universal reading are the most suitable for an international exhibition with these characteristics.
a) The exhibition of the selected works and the awards ceremony will take place on a date to be announced, at the CCC - Cultural and Congress Centre of Caldas da Rainha.
a) Only originals of the works are admitted to the competition.
b) Quality prints of works made by digital or mixed techniques will be considered original when handwritten signed by the author, on condition that the description of the techniques and software used is expressed in the registration form.
c) In cases when works drawn by digital or mixed techniques are submitted to the competition, it is mandatory to attach the respective digital files, on CD, DVD or USB flash drive.
d) The format of the works cannot exceed European standard measure A3: 420 x 297 mm.
e) Each cartoonist may submit to contest one original for each one of the areas of the salon: Editorial Cartoon, Caricature and Gag Cartoon.
f) It is an indispensable condition for admissibility that the works were originally published between 1 January and 31 December 2020, in periodically regular newspapers and magazines sold to the public, or in professional online publications of a recognized journalistic nature.
g) In order to prove the condition expressed in the previous paragraph, in the case of publications on paper, each original must be accompanied by the respective full page in which the date and title of the newspaper or magazine are visible (clippings, collages, photocopies are not accepted nor any other forms of reproduction of publications).
h) In the case of online publication, each work must be accompanied by a high resolution printed reproduction of a screenshot of the page on which it was published, in which the date and title are clearly visible, and authenticated on the back by the editor.
i) So as to confirm the admissibility of cartoons published online, it is essential that the link to access the publication page is correctly filled in the registration form and remains functional until March 31, 2021.
j) The author must attach the head page of the newspaper or magazine in which the competing works were published, with a dimension and quality that allows their replication.
k) If the original has a title, caption or other words, they must be translated into English and included in the label accompanying the original.
l) Works that compete in the Caricature category must mention the names of the caricatured persons.
m) Works must be received at the organization's secretariat by 31 January 2021 (EXTENDED:) 20 February 2021.
a) The works must be sent in flat packaging, between two hard cards.
b) On the packaging, clearly visible, must be mentioned:“WITHOUT COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
5. IDENTIFICATION OF WORKS AND AUTHORS
a) To each work sent, it must correspond a registration and identification form of the work, pasted on the back of the original.
a) The jury will consist of five members, including the salon director, who chairs it.
b) The organization of the World Press Cartoon, under the direction of the jury chairman, will select the works that will be included in the exhibition and the respective catalogue.
c) The jury is responsible for awarding prizes and honourable mentions.
d) The jury's decisions are taken by majority and cannot be appealed against.
a) The works that meet the conditions for admissibility shall be returned to the authors, whether or not they are part of the exhibition, with the exception of the awarded works and the ones distinguished with honourable mentions.
b) The exhibited works shall be returned after the main exhibition at Caldas da Rainha and subsequent itinerant exhibitions.
c) Digital prints will not be returned.
d) The author must indicate on the registration form his complete address with street, city, postal code and country.
e) For the purpose of returning originals and sending catalogues forward, addresses in the form of PO boxes are not accepted.
a) Participants with selected works will receive a copy of the exhibition catalogue.
a) The act of contest registering a work automatically implies the transfer of the respective reproduction rights for non-commercial purposes.
b) The award of a prize or an honourable mention to a work implies the automatic assignment to the World Press Cartoon organization of all the copyrights inherent to it.
a) In total, 10 prizes will be awarded according to the following structure:
GRAND PRIX 10 000 €
1st Prize 3000 €
2nd Prize 2000 €
3rd Prize 1000 €.
1st Prize 3000 €
2nd Prize 2000 €
3rd Prize 1000 €.
1st Prize 3000 €
2nd Prize 2000 €
3rd Prize 1000 €.
b) Among all the works in competition in the different categories, the World Press Cartoon will award the best work with a Grand Prix of 10 000 euros.
c) The Grand Prix will be chosen among the first prizes of the three modalities of the salon
d) The author distinguished with the Grand Prix will receive exclusively the value attributed to that prize, not accumulating with the value of the 1st Prize of the category that he/she won.
e) The prize amount is subject to legal tax in force at the time of the award.
f) According to the assessment made of the quality of the works in competition, the jury may not attribute the totality of the foreseen prizes.
g) The prizes are symbolized by a trophy and certified by a diploma.
h) The nine winners will be invited to participate in the awards ceremony that will take place in Caldas da Rainha on a date to be announced.
i) The jury may also distinguish other works with honourable mentions that will be symbolized by a medal and authenticated by a diploma.
j) Award-winning works and those distinguished with honourable mentions become the property of the World Press Cartoon.
k) All authors with works selected for the exhibition and the catalogue will receive certificates of participation in the salon.
DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2021 (EXTENDED:) FEBRUARY 20, 2021
Environmental protection and environmental destruction - from the perspective of cartoonists from East and West
in May 2021, we are putting a strong accent on environmental and climate protection in Europe as part of an annual campaign. We, this is RENOVABIS, the catholic Relief Organisation for Eastern Europe in Germany and the Archdiocese of Bamberg.
An exhibition of cartoons is able reach the attention of a wider public. In accordance with our profile, we want to attract cartoonists, especially from Western and Eastern Europe, to the project. We invite you to support us in this endeavour. In concrete terms, we could imagine the following topics:
- How is the environment in your country?
- What environmental pollution and destruction is taking place?
- How do people perceive environmental problems? How are they discussed?
- How do people in your country look at neighbouring countries and vice versa?
- How do people look at "the West"? At Europe (e.g. "Green New Deal")?
- How are the churches in your country committed to environmental protection/preservation of creation?
In January 2021 a jury will choose the cartoons for the exhibition, which will be shown for the first time in May 2021. We will also prepare a catalogue. We do not give any prizes. For all drawings included in the exhibition you will receive a fee of 100 € and for unpublished drawings an additional prize.
We would be very pleased if you would contribute to the success of the exhibition.
With the best regards,
Dr. Markus Ingenlath, Renovabis-Geschäftsführer
Michael Kleiner, Erzbischöfliches Ordinariat Bamberg
Please send us also a short curriculum vitae, plus one photo of yourself or better a drawing.
Authors of works that qualify for the exhibition will be given a copy of the catalogue
By taking part in the Contest, participants permit the organizers and use their works for the granted fee for the exhibition and the catalogue. The organizer reserve the right to reproduce the works of the exhibition for the advertising material and for public relations for the exhibition without being obliged to pay a further fee to an author. All other rigthts stay by the authors.
4th Faro Cartoons Exhibition, FARTOON 2020, Portugal
1 - FARO 1540 - Association for the Defense and Promotion of Faro’s Cultural and Environmental Heritage, organizes FARTOON – Faro Cartoons Exhibition, whose works will be displayed in an exhibition at March of 2021.
2 – Participation in this Exhibition implies full acceptance of the conditions listed in this Regulation and the authorization to use the work(s) in this Exhibition and in future editions, in FARTOON extensions, promotions, publications and reproductions in any medium.
3 – All Portuguese or foreign citizens can participate in this Cartoons Exhibition.
4 – Only are accepted unpublished original works that can be black and white or color.
5 – Any graphic techniques are allowed and works measures should not exceed 42 x 30 cm (DIN A3).
6 – In 2020 edition, the contest theme is "The CoronaVirus and its effects on the relationship with the environment and society".
7 – Each competitor can participate individually or in teams to a maximum of 3 works.
8 - The enrollment in FARTOON should be formalized until 31st December 2020 and is free.
9 – Works must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: FARO 1540 FARTOON – 4ª Mostra de Cartoons de Faro Rua Reitor Teixeira Guedes, 133 8000-424 Faro PORTUGAL
10 – For a correct submission should be sent:
- Work(s) on paper;
- Registration form, duly completed and signed;
- Photocopy or scan from an identification document;
- Author(s) short biographical note;
- Declaration of the author of the work(s) accepting the conditions of this Regulation and authorizing the use of the work(s) at the Exhibition, in its future editions, in its extensions, promotions and publications, but with the authors’ knowledge.
11 – All works submitted for this Exhibition must be sent free of charge (postage or customs). In their packaging should appear clearly and prominently "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE / SEM VALOR COMERCIAL”. Works sent to be paid at the addressee will not be accepted, and its reception will be refused.
12 – The cartoons received will be submitted to a pre-selection, by the organization, and the competitor will be notified by e-mail if the work was selected to the Exhition mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Regulation.
13 – The Jury of FARTOON will be composed of 5 elements.
14 – From the jury final decision there can be no appeal.
15 – There will be awarded 3 prizes by the jury.
16 – The Jury, according to the quality of the works presented, may or may not assign any of the prizes and/or assign Honorable Mentions.
17 – In addition to the award of diplomas, prizes mentioned in points 15 and 16 will have a symbolic character according to the partnerships established for this edition of FARTOON.
18 – All the works received for the Exhibition, which have been selected for display, or not, will not be delivered back to the competitors, becoming part of the estate of the FARTOON, and the organization will not use them for commercial purposes.
19 – The work(s) must have on the reverse the following information:
- Author's name and address;
- Title and year.
20 – In exceptional circumstances, the organization may exhibit works that do not fully comply with the present Rules.
21 – In case of doubt, those interested can request any clarifications to: email@example.com
22 – Omissions in this Regulation shall be solved by the organizer.
The organisers reserve the right to publish selected works in promotional materials and to re-install the exhibition.
The catalogue will be sent to each competitor whose works will be published in the catalogue.
The authors agree that their works become the property of the organisers at no charge, that copies of their works might be made and used in re-installing the exhibition in other venues and that their works might be published free of charge in order to promote the exhibition.
The international competition and exhibition "Brain Sneezing & Salto Mortale" is financially supported by the International Visegrad Fund.