1-PARTICIPATION: April 2 to June 18, 2019.
The 11th Salão Medplan de Humor is open to all graphic artists, who can register their own work (subject to non-observance of this condition by cancellation of registration or withdrawal of prizes received), which have not been awarded until the date of closure of the entries, in the modes of charge and / or cartoon, caricature and comic strips. The comic strip should have only one page. If you choose the comic strip, the artist can put up to 5 comic strips on the page.
The awards ceremony will be July 27, with the announcement of the winners.
Each artist can register with a maximum of 5 (five) works in the format 30X40 cm and using any technique in the three categories: cartoon, caricature and comic strips. The full name of the author, address (please, with ZIP code), e-mail, telephone, ID number, CPF and bank account must be written on the back of each drawing or in the online form.
The artist can participate by sending his works through the website www.medplan.com.br (with a maximum size of 3 megabytes) or sending the originals to: 11º Salão Medplan de Humor Rua Coelho Rodrigues, 1921 – Centro CEP: 64000-080 Teresina – PI BRAZIL
The theme of the 11th Salão Medplan de Humor will be NARCISSISM. 3- AWARDS
First prize: R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais).
Second Prize: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand reais).
Medplan Award for Caricature: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Medplan Award for Comics / Comic Strips: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Internet Award: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). The Internet Prize will be chosen by Internet users, from July 8 to 12, at the website: www.medplan.com.br
The best works will be part of the traveling exhibition of the 11th Salão Medplan de Humor. The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the Medplan collection. The works will not be returned.
Medplan employees, their relatives, or anyone involved in our organization may not participate in this meeting. If the award jury finds fraud or plagiarism in any work enrolled, it may cancel the prize awarded. The result of the award may be challenged up to four days after the opening of the Exhibition, with adequate proof of any irregularities committed without the jury's knowledge.
Simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms. Other information: +55 (86) 99975-2514
The 13th International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic, Bucovina 2019, Romania
The Bucovina Museum from Suceava has the distinct pleasure of inviting you to participate to the International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic BUCOVINA - ROMANIA, the 13 th Edition, 2019.
1. The International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic has as theme: ”Real eyes realize real lies.” (lie, indeed, favorably, etc)
2. We address to all the professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world, regardless of their age.
3. The number of sent cartoons is maximum five.
4. Please attach in .doc format a brief presentation of your artistic activity (surname and name, exact address, e-mail address, a photo and your CV).
5. The exhibition prizes are:
- Grand prize – 500 € + diploma + gold medal
- Second prize - 300 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Third prize - 100 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Three mentions - diploma + medal
6. The cartoons must be sent at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and they must be of 300 dpi resolution, A4 format, realized in any technique: black and white or coloured.
7. All the events of the exhibition will be published in the web page of the Bucovina Museum and also on the webpages of the partners. All the artists who will qualify for the exhibition will receive the printed catalogue containing all the selected cartoons.
8. Deadline for sending your cartoons: 31st of May 2019.
9. The exhibition will be opened for the public in June 2019.
10. Bucovina Museum – muzeulbucovinei.ro and „Gândeşte” Association – gandeste.org reserve the right to use the works submitted for the contest in any way suited to promote the contest and its results. Jury Members: Mihai Panzaru Pim – cartoonist; George Licurici – cartoonist; Ovidiu Ambrozie Borta BOA- cartoonist. Artistic manager: BOA www.artboa.ro; www.artboa.blogspot.com, boa-caricatura.eu .
Source: muzeulbucovinei .
Cartoonists may use any techniques they like, on paper size A4. Each cartonist may submit up to 5 cartoons. Theme for this year is: ROBOT - MODERN ERA
Please add the name of the cartoon as well as your details, name and surname age, occupation, phone number and email to the back side of each cartoon.
Competition will be devided into two categories according to the age. First category "up to 15 years old" and the second category will be "over 15 years old". The deadline to post all cartoons will be by 3rd of May 2019 (based on the post stamp date).
The jury nominated by the organizers, will award prizes for the best cartoons in each category. The winners in the first category "up to 15 years old" will be awarded:
1st place: material prize, 2nd place: material prize, 3rd place: material prize.
The winners in the second category "over 15 years old" will be awarded:
If the winner cannot attend on the event to collect the prize, all fees connected with adding financial prize to the winner's accountwill be withdrawn from te prize amount. Jury has the right not to award every prize, but they can award „Certificate of Merit“. The best creations will be displayed during a town festival named “Brezno town days 2019” held in May 2019.
The opening exhibition and award ceremony with authors participation will be held on June 1, 2019 in the Synagogue, Štúrova 11, Brezno. The cartoons will be kept by the event organisers and they reserve the right to publish all works in local press or other way. Results of the competition will be published in the regional Brezno newspaper MY HOREHRONIE.
Original cartoons should be sent in an envelope marked “O Bomburovu šabľu 2019”
Address details: Technické služby, Rázusova 16, 97701 Brezno SLOVAKIA
Information: Veronika Cerovská
or Mr. Peter Zifčák
HLP grafik s.r.o. Brezno Mr. Ferdinand Hrablay
E-mail: email@example.com .
The cultural association ‘De Geus’ (based in Lebbeke, Belgium) holds every two years a cartoon competition. 2. PARTICIPATION
The competition is open to anyone aged over 18. 3. ENTRIES
The cartoons sent in must be original and not have been published before. All graphic techniques are allowed. Text is not allowed.
The cartoons are to be drawn on A4 format and 300 dpi (maximum of 3 MB per cartoon) for digital cartoons.
Cartoons sent by post need to have the name and address of the author on the back-side of each cartoon.
Each participant can submit a maximum of 5 cartoons only. 4. DEADLINE
Deadline for submission is 15 August 2019
Cartoons need to be sent to:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail: Clement Vlassenroot Cartoonale ‘De Geus’ 2019 Duivenkeetstraat 16 B-9280 Lebbeke BELGIUM 5. PUBLICATION RIGHTS
By entering the contest, the cartoonist agrees that his/her work will be exhibited as stated in these rules and be published in the catalog of the contest. The prize-winning cartoons remain property of the organisers. 6. JURY
The jury awards the prizes autonomously.
No correspondence with the jury will be allowed on its decisions. 7. PRIZES
The jury will award five awards.
1st award : 800 Euro
2nd award : 400 Euro
3rd award : 200 Euro
4th award : 150 Euro
5th award : 150 Euro. 8. EXHIBITION AND AWARD CEREMONY
The results of the competition will be announced on Friday 11 October 2019 at 7.30 pm in the gallery ‘De Fontein’.
An exhibition of the selected works will take place in the gallery ‘De Fontein’ in Lebbeke on 12, 13, 19 and 20 October. 9. RETURN
The original versions of the cartoons will only be returned when clearly specified on the entry form. Cartoons can also be picked up on appointment with the organisers.
The organiser cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged cartoons during the shipment. 10. CARTOON CATALOG
Selected participants can, on request, get a printed version of the catalog.
The catalog can also be downloaded at the following address: www.curieusdegeus.be 11. By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
19th World Press Freedom International Editorial Cartoon Competition
(Theme and Regulations)
1. The theme for the 19th International Editorial Cartoon Competition is: Open season on journalists
2018 was one of the worst years for the number of journalists killed while doing their work. In the annual report of Reporters Without Borders, 2018 was particularly deadly with 80 journalists killed in the line of duty (+ 8%). After three years of decline, the number of professional journalists assassinated is up 15%: 63 homicides, against 55 last year. The highly publicized killing of Saudi columnist Jamal Khashoggi has highlighted the unrestrained determination of the enemies of press freedom.
2. Three prizes will be awarded: a first prize of $1500 plus a Certificate from Canadian UNESCO, a second prize of $750 and a third prize of $500. All sums are in Canadian dollars.
Ten additional cartoons will receive an ‘Award of Excellence.’ Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in colour or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.5 by 11 inches. Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi.
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the right to use any of the cartoons entered for promotion of the Editorial Cartoon Competition.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day luncheon to be held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa on Thursday May 2, 2019 and will be advised by e-mail. The winner’s names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site.
8. The winning cartoons will be published in a program distributed at the luncheon.
The deadline for reception of cartoons is midnight (Eastern Standard Time), Friday, April 12, 2019.
Send submission by e-mail to: email@example.com
The Italian Championship of Lies was born in 1966. The reasons that led to the creation of this competition are to be found in the traditions of our little village over the Pistoia’s mountains, on the Italian Apennines, when in last century people used to meet in front of a fireplace to tell stories that mixed reality and fictious. The Italian Lie Academy, in occasion of the 43rd Italian Lies championship, declares the graphics section contest dedicated to Lie.
to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the moon landing (true or false) this year theme is: "THE LIE AMONG STARS".
1. The competition is structured in a single section.
2. Participation is free. Deadline for cartoon submission is Sunday, July 4th, 2019. Each participant can send up to 2 cartoons.
3. The entry form below must be completed in all its parts and sent along with the presentation of the works that take part in the competition.
4. The paper must be sent by postal mail to: Accademia della Bugia - Pro Loco Alta valle del Reno, via della chiesa, 27 - 51100 Le Piastre PT, Italy. Otherwise you can use our electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The comics can be written in italian or in english, but we advice that you can make a cartoon simply draw, without any text.
6. Italian Lie Academy will award the top three as follows: 1st place: "Gold Bugiardino". 2nd: "Silver Bugiardino". 3rd: "Bronze Bugiardino". The Bugiardino is the symbol of the Championship and is the bell tower of the village with a long nose, like the Pinocchio’s one.
It will be awarded with the "International Bugiardino" the best cartoon coming from abroad or drawn by a foreign national.
7. All the winning cartoons will be published on the website of the Italian championship of Lies (www.labugia.it).
8. The authors waive any fee related to copyright.
9. Prizes will be delivered during the 43rd Italian Championship of Lies that will take place in Le Piastre on the 3rd and 4th August 2019.
10. The works will be judged by a jury headed by the italian cartoonist Marco Fusi.
T h e P r o t o c o l
of the Jury session of International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2019
23 February 2019 Jury represented by:
EUGENIUSZ SKORWIDER - chairman
VICTOR BOGORAD (Russia)
JIŘI KOŠTÝŘ (Czech Republic)
ROBERT PARŠO (Slovakia)
HENNING WAGENBRETH (Germany)
having seen 1.933 works by 539 authors, who come from 52 countries of the world, the Jury has decided to qualify 199 works by 121 authors for the post competition exhibition. The Jury has awarded the following regular prizes: SATYRYKON 2019 Grand Prix and money award of 8,000 PLN to SEYED ALI MIRAEE (Iran) for his work “Communists” (Top). Section: STOP
I prize, gold medal and money award of 6,000 PLN - SAJAD RAFEEI (Iran) for his work “A man hanging”.
II prize, silver medal and money award of 5,500 PLN - SZYMON SZYMANKIEWICZ (Poland) for his work “Factory”.
III prize, bronze medal and money award of 5,000 PLN - NIKA JAWOROWSKA-DUCHLIŃSKA (Poland) for her work “Dress”.
and two equal distinction awards of 4,000 PLN each for
ANDREI POPOV (Russia)for his work “Untouched snow”.
JERZY GŁUSZEK (Poland) for his work “Stop I”. Section: JOKE and SATIRE
I prize, gold medal and money award of 6,000 PLN - MICHAEL MAYEVSKY (Ukraine) for his untitled work.
II prize, silver medal and money award of 5,500 PLN - SERGEY SICHENKO (Israel) for his work “Cell”.
III prize, bronze medal and money award of 5,000 PLN - SERGEI BELOZEROV (Russia) for his work “Last leaf”.
and two equal distinction awards in of 4,000 PLN each for
SHAHROKH HEIDARI (France) for his work “OFF-ON!”.
OLEG DERGACHOV (Canada) for his work “Menu”.
See also the Special Prizes awarded
& the Exhibition Index.
Let’s make a difference! International Environmental Cartoon Contest
Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda
25 February 2019. Deadline for entries
28 April 2019. Theme
The Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda invites all professional and amateur cartoonists, satirical artists and graphic designers to an international illustration contest with the theme:
Wake up! This isn’t the 20th century anymore. The world is changing. Will it be better? Or worse? It also depends on us. Things used to be done differently. But now we have the opportunity to make a change. Show us what you think about the relationship between mankind and nature in the 21st century. Awards
I. prize: 300 €
II. prize: 200 €
III. prize: 100 € General rules
Entries can be sent via post or e-mail to the organiser of the contest.
Size of entries received by post should be A/3.
Cartoons sent by emails should be in JPG format (300 dpi), sized at about 2500 pixels wide if in portrait format and 3500 pixels wide if in landscape format. Competition details
All participants must be 14 or older.
Previously published cartoons are not allowed for submission.
Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
Postal address for entries: Sopron, Pf. 101, 9401, Hungary
Entries received by post will not be returned.
Email address for entries: email@example.com
Cartoons sent by email should contain the surname of the participant. A txt, doc or docx format text is required which includes the data of the participant and the cartoon. (listed below)
Attachment of works received either by post or by email should include:
o Title of the work
o Phone number,
o Email address of the applicant Jury
Works will be judged by a professional jury. The jury will automatically disqualify any submission deemed offensive or inappropriate or any submission that violates copyright law or the rules of the competition.
A notification of the result of the competition will be sent to the provided email address by 6. May 2019. Exhibition
The best pictures will be part of an environmental awareness exhibition, which will be accompanying significal events and will be presented as a travelling exhibition as well.
The works of the exhibition will be seen on the homepage and on the facebook site of Zöldbicikli Productions. Information
Further information about the competition will be constantly posted from 25. February 2019. on www.zoldbicikli.hu homepage.
Special professional advice can be asked of the competition’s artistic director Szénási Ferenc at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition organizer claims the rights for all submission.
By taking part in the competition, all participants agree to the conditions and regulations of the competition.
By entering the contest, the participants accept that any decision made by the jury is not negotiable.
We wish good luck to all participants! Karakter Kommunikációs Iroda.
Dear friends, cartoonists, we are already half a century together!
Pleased that during our fifty-years of existence we have created a network of exceptional cartoonists - collaborators and friends of OSTEN, we are proud to announce the 51st WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS Skopje 2019!
It's time to conquer the world with your cartoons again! APPLICATION
Read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, fill in the APPLICATION FORM, send it to the e-mail email@example.com, and then print it out and send it along with YOUR WORKS at: OSTEN – WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS, “8. Udarna Brigada” 2, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
with the note: NO COMMERCIAL VALUE! FOR EXHIBITION ONLY!!! – 30th April 2019 latest!
In principle, ORIGINAL, hand-drawn works are expected. Only if the author works exclusively in digital technique, printed DIGITAL WORKS numbered and signed in pencil on the front will be considered. IMPORTANT DATES
30 April 2019 – Deadline for the works submission
Until 31 May 2019 – Publication of the selection results
Until 30 June 2019 – Publication of the selected works and awarded authors
26 September 2019 – Opening of the exhibition and awards presentation AWARDS
GRAND PRIX for LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT (1500 $)
FIRST AWARD (1000 $)
SECOND AWARD (500 $)
5 THIRD AWARDS (Plaque)
5 GOLDEN OSTEN AWARDS (Plaque)
CICO AWARD * for a Macedonian Cartoonist (Plaque)
* In honor of the great Macedonian cartoonist Vasilije Popovic – Cico.
Fill out the APPLICATION FORM, sign up, submit the works, follow the updates on FB, and do not forget to share this information with your colleagues and friends.
For more information on: www.osten.mk , and you can always contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org .
WE ARE EXPECTING YOU!
OSTEN is inviting you to participate in the 51st WORLD GALLERY of CARTOONS Skopje 2019.
Source: WGC .
MUNICIPALITY OF PLOVDIV
REGIONAL ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM – PLOVDIV
UNIVERSITY OF AGRIBUSINESS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT – PLOVDIV
PLOVDIV CARTOONISTS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL FOR CARICATURE
M A S T E R S O F C A R I C A T U R E Х EDITION PLOVDIV 2019
SUBJECT:The Pig and the Culture
The pig is one of the first animals ever to be domesticated by mankind. It may therefore be a model to emulate or negate For some, the pig is a symbol of the rising sun, for others – a symbol of the Satan, lust or insensible hunger. In some cultures it symbolizes wealth and good fortune.
Is it possible for the contemporary cartoonist to portray the numerous conceptions, concerning the odd pair – Pig and Culture?
On one hand, Bulgarian traditional beliefs see the pig as a filthy animal and as such, it can cannot be used as a sacrifice. On the other hand, it is considered as untouchable to the influences of unclean spirits.
Nowadays the word pig is used as an appellative for moral impurity as well as a sign of good health and fertility, reaffirming the controversial image of this animal.
Should the terms pig and culture be considered as opposites? Does the pig ’s image allow a wide interpretation in a cultural context? The pig, does it have a hidden dignity?
In this Biennial, we will see how cartoonists will draw the shades of the pig and the culture. Whether old wisdom will interweave with new mores and what will come out from it remains to be seen. Address for submission: Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv 2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov str. 4000 Plovdiv BULGARIA ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1.The Biennial for Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world;
2.Each participant should send up at least one piece of work 210/297 (A4 format);
3.The caricatures may be colourful or black-and- white;
4.Participants should send their caricatures by 31 July 2019;
5.Caricatures, sent only via email do not participate in the Biennial.
6.It is advisable that together with their caricatures, participants also send a photograph or take-off and CV;
7.An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title Master of Caricature;
8.Awarded caricatures are not sent back;
9.The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form;
10.The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and venue: October, 1st 2019, at 18:00 in the Regional Ethnographic Museum.
Submission deadline: July 31, 2019
The nominated works will be kept in Works of Fine Art Stock of Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv.
Phone: ++ 359 32 626339
Source: Tsocho Peev .
6th KalDer Bursa International Cartoon Contest 2019 is over.
Theme: The Future is in Our Hands
After the announcement, 900 cartoons were received from 57 countries by 379 artists.
The awarded cartoons are selected as follows:
First Prize: Toso Borkovic - Serbia (Top)
Second Prize: Esmaeil Babaei - Iran
Third Prize: Engin Selçuk - Turkey
Honorable Mention 1: Musa Gümüş - Turkey
Honorable Mention 2: Erkin Ergin - Turkey
Honorable Mention 3: Igor Smirnov - Russia
Anatolian Cartoonists Association Special Prize: Igor Lukyanchenko - Ukraine.
Source: KalDer Bursa.
5th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION IN SISAK - CROATIA - MIKS 2019
"ALL ABOUT MOVIE!
Horror - drama - love - SF - action - war movies - comedy - black & white - western - adventure ...
Make a cartoon on the theme of your favorite movie!
ALL INFO & RULES SOON ON: www.cartoonmiks.hr
NEW DEADLINE 05 AUGUST 2019
A) THEME FOR A CARTOONIST "ALL ABOUT MOVIE!
B) THEME FOR A PORTRAIT CARTOONIST: "FAMOUS MOVIE DIRECTORS"
OWN WORKS SEND ON E-MAIL: email@example.com
Works for 5th MIKS must not be older than one year. Works that arrive at the festival and are older than a year, will not enter the competition for prizes. Nenad Ostojić
President of the international association of cartoonists MIKS
Post address: Trg hrvatskih branitelja 2 44000 Sisak, Croatia
phone: +385 (0)98-339-405
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org www.cartoonmiks.hr .
5th INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION SISAK
MIKS19 „All About Movies“
The International Association of Caricature MIKS organizes the 5th International Cartoon Exhibition MIKS 2019 in Sisak.
The project leader and the President oft he Organizing Committee is Mr. Nenad Ostojić.
The exhibition is open to all authors, regardless of nationality, age, gender or profession. A. THE THEME (TOPIC) 5th MIKS 2019 IS: THE MOVIE!
Like every year so far, we have two categories. Categories:
1. Gag cartoonists have the theme "Everything about MOVIE" (your favorite movies, your favorite movie scenes, love, drama, adventure, horror, science
fiction, comedy, war, witches, crime ... and everything that suits the subject).
2. The theme for the portrait cartoonists is: Famous film directors (directors). B. ENTRIES
Works must be originals and any kind of graphical technique will be accepted.
1. Works may be original or digital.
2. Works may be black or colored.
3. In the back of each job, print out the name, last name and address.
4. Works may not be awarded at other festivals.
5. Participate up to five (5) papers per category.
6. The artworks size can be A4 or A3 (300 dpi).
7. Works must not be older than one year. C. PRIZES & AWARDS
First Award: 750 € + MIKS Plaketa
Second Prize: 500 € + MIKS Plaketa
Third Prize: 250 € + MIKS Plaketa
(7) seven: Special Awards. D. DEADLINE & OPENING
DEADLINE: 05 August 2019
The Exhibitions will be open and staged in the Gallery of the City Museum in City of Sisak.
30.08 (august) 2019. to 30.09 (september) 2019. E. ADDRESS 5th MIKS19 „All About Movies“ Gradski muzej u Sisku Ulica kralja Tomislava 10, 44000 Sisak, Croatia,
Or e-mail: email@example.com
All info on www.cartoonmiks.hr F. OTHER CONDITIONS:
• Each author whose work is included in the exhibition and catalog will receive a catalog.
a. Authors who enter the exhibition and the catalog are obliged to send a copy of work with self-signed signature via post mail.
b. Awarded Works (Awards and Special Awards): The authors of the awarded works are required to send original artworks via post mail.
c. All authors selected for the exhibition and catalog as well as award winners and acknowledgments will be informed in a timely manner (on e-mail).
d. Authors who do not submit their works to the above-mentioned proposals will not receive prizes, diplomas and catalogs.
• Awarded works remain the property of the organizer.
• Authors retain copyright in their work.
• By participating in the exhibition, the authors agree that their works can be used to promote the exhibition (catalog, poster, media publication, etc.) without charge to the author.
• In addition to the works you submit to the competition, you must submit a completed application form 5MIKS2019
• Works that do not enter the exhibition are sent by post mail to the authors at the written request and at the expense of the author. G. JURY
1. Klaus Pitter (Austria)
2. Ross Thompson (UK)
3. Ivailo Tsvetkov (Bul)
4. Marko Ivić (Cro)
5. Dobroslav Bob Živković (Serbia)
6. Nenad Ostojić (Croatia)
7. „Surprise“ H. CONTACT
The Finalist Cartoons of the PAPB International Cartoon Festival 2019
Dear Fellow Cartoonists,
After the meeting of the Jury on February 5-6, 2019 in Semarang, Indonesia, the finalist cartoons of the PAPB International Cartoon Festival were specified. 100 cartoons in the professional category and 47 cartoons in the student category were chosen for the final evaluation. The finalist cartoons will be displayed on the organization website between Februariry 8 and 16, 2019 before the announcement of the winners on February 17, 2019.
When you see any similar, copy cartoon/s or received an award before, and any fraud cartoon/s among the finalist cartoons, please write to organizing committee. Any objections to authenticity will be considered until February 16, 2019.
The finalist cartoons are displayed on this web page: https://mercusuar.id/the-finalist-cartoons-of-papb-international-cartoon-festival-2019/
Please write to:
Best Regards, Abdul Arif
The Chairman of Gold Pencil Indonesia.
“2019 Philosopher Lao Zi & Zen Master Huineng Caricatures” in the “Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition”
“2019 Philosopher Lao Zi & Zen Master Huineng Caricatures” in the “Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition” is an open competition. The objects of the competition are cartoons, drawings, graphics and other works of fine art created by artists.
A. Philosopher Lao Zi
B. Zen Master Huineng Caricatures
Both themes are open to submission without limitation of quantities. Works awarded in other competitions can be included in this competition.
a) Maximum A3 (297mm x 420 mm), minimum A4 (210mm × 297mm).
b) Printed submissions will not be accepted (work can be submitted in either digital or hand-drawn format; however, the electronic-version of all submission are definitely required).
c) Participants can also send digital files (scanned copy) with a minimum size of 300 dpi in “.TIFF” or “.JPG” to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Works for the competition will be judged by the international Jury.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes and electronic Diplomas for each winner.
3. Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non-awarding them. Jury's decisions are final.
4. The competition results will be announced after the final selection in May 2019 at www.cmiassn.org. Awards are subject to taxation according to Chinese tax regulation.
◆ Awards and Prizes
Grand Prize (1) 1500 USD
Gold Medal (2) 1000 USD (1 for Theme A and 1 for Theme B)
Silver Medal (4) 800 USD (2 for Theme A and 2 for Theme B)
Bronze Medal (6) 600 USD (3 for Theme A and 3 for Theme B)
Special Prize (30) 300 USD (15 for Theme A and 15 for Theme B).
◆ Participant Privileges
1. Artists of work qualified for the exhibition will be given an electronic catalogue.
2. Artwork sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition.
◆ Competition Provisions
1. Organizers reserve the right to use all submitted artwork for advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the artists that include being exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organizers and will be included in the collection of the Gallery.
3. The exhibition organizers are the final judges in interpretation of the rules and regulations.
4. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations.
5. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the publication of the author's profile in the post-exhibition album.
6. The finalist artworks are requested to send the original artworks to the mailing address so that the organizer can keep them in the museum permanently.
7. No submissions will be returned.
1. Participation in the competition is free of charge.
2. Organizers reserve the right to include the submitted works in the Gallery and publishing.
3. The submitted artworks would be promoted on the internet and media.
4. Works should be accompanied by their author's photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application form.
◆ Timetable and Contact Information
Submissions (original scripts are preferred) for receipt of artwork:
From January 28, 2019 to April 18, 2019
Deadline: Date of the postmark April 10, 2019
Deadline: Electronic submissions midnight April 18, 2019
◆ Contact Information
E-mail address: email@example.com
Mailing address: 902 Suite, 3 Flat ,No.3 Building, Tianle Yuan, Beiyuan Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100107 CHINA
(Organizers are not responsible for damages during transport.)
Introduction of Lao Zi and Huineng on source.
XXI INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF GRAPHIC HUMOR CUBA 2019
The Humorist and Cartoonist Guild of the Union of Journalists of Cuba and the Museum of Humor of San Antonio de los Baños, convene the XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor, to be held from March 31 through April 3, 2019 with the co-sponsorship of the Provincial Direction of Culture of Artemisa.
Cuban humorists and historians inspired by the motto "Humans with rights" invite cartoonists around the world to defend individualities, as a proposal to come together and fight for a world where human rights are respected. FROM THE GRAPHIC HUMOR CONTEST
Participation in the meeting is open to all cartoonists from around the world who can compete with a free theme and the original works must be sent printed or in digital format- with the signature of the author - made in any technique, with a maximum format of 30 x 40 cm. It is possible to compete in:
- General Humor
- Political satire
- Humorous comic
- Personal Cartoon
- Humorous photography
- Tomy online prize for political humor - in memory of the beloved cartoonist Tomás Rodríguez Zayas, who would be turning 70 in 2019 - which on this occasion will have as its theme "Migration, the background of a tragedy" (JPG 300 dpi).
Each author may submit one work for each of the categories, plus the Tomy on line Prize.
The works may be submitted in digital format (JPG 300 dpi), printed on photographic paper, or made on cardboard, always specifying the following information about the author:
• Names and surnames (also artistic name)
• Home Address
• E-mail address
The same data must be included in the information of the digital works, the holder of the file with the name of the author and country of origin, as well as clarifying in the body of the message and the subject if the work is for the Tomy online Prize.
Digital works may be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those made in cardboard or printed, must be conveniently packaged. All of them will be received at UPEC headquarters until February 17, 2019. Union of Cuban Journalists (Upec) XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humorism Calle 23 no. 452, Vedado, Cuba. CP 10 400
Telephones: (53) 7 8323722/ (53) 783245 64 ext. 116 About the Juries
The admission jury will select the works submitted to the competition to be exhibited at the San Antonio de los Baños XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor.
An international jury made up of prestigious figures linked to graphic humour - whose decision will be final - will award the prizes. About the Prizes
- Eduardo Abela Award, the highest award in the competition, is given in homage to the outstanding Cuban cartoonist (1889- 1965), consisting of a diploma and 1000 CUC.
- First, second and third prizes in each category and as many mentions as the jury considers, consisting of diplomas.
- Tomy on line prize consisting of a diploma and a reproduction of a work by the author.
- Dedeté Prize 25 x 2 - for the 50th anniversary of the publication - to be awarded to the work selected by the collective of that publication.
- As is already a tradition, various Cuban cultural and social institutions join the competition and award collateral prizes.
Apropos 56. International Submariners Congress, Belgrade, Serbia, from May 21-26, 2019, Union of Submariners Belgrade and Union of Cartoonists of Serbia FECO organize International cartoon contest and exhibition on theme SUBMARINE (submarines, crews, divers, torpedoes, mines etc.)
Send cartoons at e-mail adress: email@example.com till April 20, 2019 (JPEG, 300dpi, A4, max 4MB per one cartoon) Prizes:
1st Prize – 300 euro and Diploma
Special Prize Nikola Otas* – 300 euro and Diploma
2nd Prize – 200 euro and Diploma
Selected cartoonists will get a printed catalog if they send their postal address or could download catalog in PDF format from website www.fecoSerbia.com .
Organizator could use cartoons for promotional purpose of the unions, contest and the exhibition.
*Special Prize Nikola Otas (1960-2016) is dedicated to submariner and prominent cartoonist, vice-president of FECO Serbia.
Dear Fellow Cartoonists,
After the meeting of the Pre-selection Committee on January 19, 2019 in Istanbul, Turkey, the finalist cartoons of the 10th International Tourism Cartoon Competition were specified. 222 cartoons in the adult category and 57 cartoons in the youth category were chosen for the final evaluation. The finalist cartoons will be displayed on the organization website between January 24 and 31, 2019 before the evaluation of the final selection committee.
When you see any similar, copy cartoon/s or received an award before, and any fraud cartoon/s among the finalist cartoons, please write to organizing committee (There are numbers on every cartoons, you can use numbers when you are reporting). Any objections to authenticity will be considered until January 31, 2019.
The finalist cartoons are displayed on the following web pages: Youth Category: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uNnTrQU8sX3SCrPb6 Adult Category: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iEeTg75Cmkm7fnEM9 Or: http://tourismcartoon.com/en/duyurular/ Please write to:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://tourismcartoon.com . Nazmi KOZAK.
12th International Contest of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden 2019
The Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden with the cooperation of
Les Amis du Château de Vianden and Naturpark OUR
are pleased to announce their 12th INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF CARICATURE AND CARTOON OF VIANDEN
1. Subject: TIME
2. Deadline: 31 March 2019
3. Prizes: 1st prize:1500 €, 2nd prize: 1000 €, 3rd prize: 500 €, 3 honourable mentions.
4. Entries: Each participant can submit up to 4 entries in digital format by sending them via internet to the following address: email@example.com. The author must include the following details in his or her e-mail: first name, last name, complete address, e-mail address, phone number and the title or the number of each submission. The specifications for these electronic submissions are as follows: format JPEG, good quality, and max. 1,5 MB per picture. Out of these submissions, will be made a selection of 60-100 drawings. Only the awarded artists will be invited to send the original work by mail. All these works will be shown as prints at the exhibition and in the catalogue. Their size should be between A4 (210x297mm) and A3 (297x420mm).
5. Technique: Free, black and white or in colour, without subtitles.
6. Prizes and Exhibition: The announcement of the prizes and honourable mentions will happen on 4th May 2019 in Castle of Vianden and the exhibition will take place in the Hall of the Knights of the Castle of Vianden from 5th May until 26th May 2019. There are plans to display the exhibits in the Museum of Caricature and Cartoon of Vianden and in other cities or country.
7. Returns: The drawings that were awarded one of the prizes will become property of the organizer.
8. Catalogue: The authors whose submissions are selected for the exhibition will receive a free catalogue by mail.
9. Results: The results will be published on the website www.caricature.eu on 5th May 2019. The award winners selected by the jury will be personally informed via e-mail or by phone. The final decisions of the jury are incontestable.
10. Copyright: The selected participants give the organizers permission to use their drawings only for promoting the artist and the event itself. Every other aspect of the copyright remains with the artist (except for the awarded submissions). It ensures that the awarded works can no longer be submitted in other contests or published by their authors or third parties after the official publication of the results.
11. Generalities: The submitted work should not have been awarded or published before the deadline of this contest. By taking part in this contest the participants accept the abovementioned rules.
12. Submission address for the awarded works: Musée de la Caricature et du Cartoon de Vianden 48, Grand-rue, L - 9410 Vianden, Luxembourg
13.Further informations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Museum of Caricature and Cartoon Vianden.
Title of Competition: Lands of Disobedience Purpose
This political cartoon competition is organized by the Oltreconomia Festival of Trento together with the #MyTakeOn project of the political cartoonist Emanuele Del Rosso.
Its theme is in line with the one of the sixth edition of the abovementioned festival, i.e. “Lands of Disobedience”. Lands – real or metaphorical – where civil disobedience takes place are everywhere. A positive and peaceful change has been achieved several times in history, and any of these experiences of civil activism taught us something. This competition asks cartoonists to tackle the theme of civil disobedience at large, so to give the public the chance to reflect on it in a fruitful way.
The contest is also sponsored by the Dutch and the Norwegian cartoonists collectives Cartoon Movement and Cartoon Home International and by the Italian Association “Strike!”. Terms of Participation
1 - The competition is organized internationally and it is open to all amateur or professional cartoonists.
2 - The SUBJECT of the competition is "Lands of Disobedience". Under this title are topics like activism, peaceful protests, movements that oppose the status quo. Such lands can be real or imagined/metaphorical.
3 - As the competition is organized on an international scale, works without written text are most welcome. If a text is present, it must be accompanied by a caption in English.
4 - Any illustration technique is accepted. The size of the artwork should be at least A4 (29.7 cm x 21 cm), A3 (29.7 cm x 42 cm), 300 dpi, and JPG format.
5 - The works to be sent to the competition may have been published before but they should not have been awarded a prize in any competition. The award will be cancelled if the award-winning works are documented to have received a prize in another competition.
6 - It is possible to participate in the competition with maximum 3 works. Participants will not be given more than one award.
7 - Illustrations must be sent to the email: email@example.com
8 - The DEADLINE for the reception of the works is April 1, 2019. The illustrations submitted after this date will not be evaluated.
9 - The Oltreconomia Festival and #MyTakeOn project reserve themselves the possibility of using the received cartoons in various media and publications, newspaper and internet sites. All the participants, by sending works to the contest, acknowledge that they accept the conditions of the competition, and will not seek any future compensation in the event that the works they submit are used in the abovementioned ways.
10 - Members of the jury and members of the organizing committee cannot take part into the contest.
11 - The cartoons found appropriate by the jury might be exhibited at various events in different countries other than Italy.
12 - An exhibition will be held showing the first 30 cartoons. Awards of the Competition
1st Award: Prize Plate, exhibition, catalogue, Big “Mistery Box”
2nd Award: Prize Plate, exhibition, catalogue, Medium “Mistery Box”
3rd Award: Prize Plate, exhibition, catalogue, Small “Mistery Box”
2 Honorable Mentions (given by the Cartoon Movement and the Cartoons Home Network International): Certificate, exhibition, catalogue. Selection committee of the competition:
Marilena Nardi (President) – Cartoonist / Italy
Tjeerd Royaards – Cartoonist / the Netherlands
Anne Derenne – Cartoonist / France
Fadi Toons - Cartoonist / Norway
Emanuele Del Rosso (Secretary) - Cartoonist / Italy.
1 – PARTICIPATION: 1 February to 1 July 2019.
The 3rd "BEAVERS LAUGH" Bobritsa Cartoon Competition is open to all graphic artists, who can enter works that have not been awarded until the closing date of the entries, in the cartoon, caricature and comics modalities (The comic strip should have only one page).
The opening of the Exhibition will be 7 September 2019, with the official announcement of the winners.
Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five (5) UNPUBLISHED works in the preferable format 30x40 cm (А4 minimum) and using any technique. On the back of each drawing, or in registration must include the author's full name, address (with ZIP code), email, phone number, ID number, social security number and bank account (or send this information by email along with electronic copies of the artworks).
The artist can participate by sending their work to firstname.lastname@example.org (with maximum size of 5 megabytes) or sending the originals to: Bobritsa Cartoon Competition 27 Naberezhaya Street, Bobritsa, Kiev-Sviatoshin District, Kiev Region, 08142, UKRAINE 2 – THEME
The theme of the 3rd Bobritsa Cartoon Competition is TOURISM.
Although the name of the contest is BEAVERS LAUGH (in Ukrainian language the name of the village Bobritsa originates from "beaver"), this does NOT mean that your works should be only about beavers. First of all, they should be smart and funny, please do not restrict yourself by beavers as heroes!
But we have a SPECIAL AWARD for beavers’ theme as well!
So, if the "heroes" of your artwork are beavers your work shall be considered for BOTH (a) main awards and (b) special award BEAVER AWARD nominations with a chance to win both of them! 3 – AWARDS
First prize: euro 300 (three hundred).
Appreciation awards (10): euro 150 (one hundred and fifty) each.
Special BEAVER AWARD (for artworks where beavers ARE the heroes): euro 200 (two hundred). 4 – OTHER RULES
The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part the property of the organizer, and all winning artist assign their copyright and property rights to the organizer from the date when their artworks were submitted.
The works will not be returned.
May not participate in this competition officials of Bobritsa villiage community, their relatives and anyone involved in the organization.
The simple inscription configures automatic participant's agreement to all such terms. The award amounts are payable only upon the receipt of the original artworks of the winners by the organizers of the Competition to the personal bank accounts of the winners providing in writing (email) with copies of their passports.
The organizer of the completion is Mr. Sergei Konnov (of Bobritsa village community).
For any information, please, contact: email@example.com or +380 67 235-2536.
Source: Beavers Laugh.
6. KalDer Bursa International Cartoon Contest is over. The contest which was “The Future in our Hands” themed collected 900 cartoons from 57 countries by 379 artists. Despite the though theme, artists showed their profession, skillfully. A pre-meeting was done to select the finalists by the jury members. There are 110 Cartoons in final stage. The cartoons that are on final stage will be exhibited on KalDer Bursa facebook page between 21 and 31 of January 2019.
For the objection application about plagiarism or etc, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact cartoon number.
Thanks to all competitors. KalDer Bursa.
The organizer of the 24th International cartoon exhibition ZAGREB 2019 is the Croatian Cartoonist Association. The festival is opened for everyone regardless of nationality, age, sex, or profession. B.THEME MALE-FEMALE RELATIONS C. ENTRIES
Conditions of entry:
1. Original works and digital artworks will be accepted. Digital artwork is to be numbered in pencil on the front and pencil signed. Copies cannot be admitted.
2. Entries can be either black and white or coloured.
3. There should be the name, the surname, and the address on the reverse side of cartoons.
4. The cartoons must not have been previously awarded on festivals.
5. Maximum 3 entries will be submitted.
6. Size of entries is A4 or A3 format. D. DEADLINE
Entry deadline is the 21st March 2019. E. ADDRESS CROATIAN CARTOONIST ASSOCIATION (HRVATSKO DRUŠTVO KARIKATURISTA) SAVSKA CESTA 100 10000 ZAGREB, CROATIA F. PRIZES AND AWARDS
First Prize: 1.000 EUR
Second Prize: 500 EUR
Third Prize: 300 EUR
Five Special mentions. G. EXHIBITION
The exhibition will take place in Gallery Klovićevi dvori in Zagreb on the 7th May 2019. H. OTHER CONDITIONS
Authors of works that qualify to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition cataloque.
Only on explicit request will remaining (original) works be returned to the owners in the end of the exhibition cycle (in the second half of the year 2020).
The organizer reserves the right to reproduce the works sent to the festival, Zagreb 2019, as the advertising material without being obliged to pay a fee to an author whose work may be used.
The prize-winning works become property of the organizer. ENTRY FORM ON WEB:www.hdk.hr .
The 7th “RED MAN” INTERNATIONAL HUMOUR ART BIENNIAL
1. The Competition is open to all artists -- Caricaturist, Illustrator, Cartoonist, Printmaker and Painter around world regardless of nationality, age, sex, etc. 2. Theme:
2) Pig (The Year of the Pig 2019)
1) Mona Lisa
2) Free 3. Entries: At most 7 works (pieces or series) for each Theme.
4. The size of the works should be unbounded.
5. Technique and medium of works are unlimited. Any painting, Print making, Traditional Chinese Painting, Oil painting, Watercolor, Crafts art or Children’s painting will be accepted.
6. Accept only the originals. Produced using any technique, including computer graphics.Please send electronic copy of your work to the following email address: email@example.com . After your works was selected, the committee will notify you, send your original works mail to the committee, to participate in the final awards.
7. Works whether they have been awarded in other contests previously will be accepted.
8. Author's resume and photo (entry-form and biography) should be submitted with entries together. First name, Last name, Address, Email, Telephone number and category should be written on the reverse side of the works.
9. Please down load the entry form on our web site: www.redmancartoon.com/en
At the same time, the self made entry form is also accepted.
10. Authors should have full copyright and be responsible for all the legal responsibilities related to the productions copyright.
11. Organizer will not be responsible for any damage that may occur during postage and handling.
12. Deadline: March 1, 2019 (EXTENDED:) APRIL 1, 2019 13. Address: XIAO YU HU ROOM 341 BUILDING #364, ZHAN QIAN BA LI XIAO QU YUN JING DONG LI, TONG ZHOU QU, BEIJING 101121, CHINA
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 14. Prizes:
GOLDEN PRIZE (1) : 3000 RMB + Trophy + Catalog
SILVER PRIZE (1) : 2000 RMB + Trophy + Catalog
COPPER PRIZE (1) : 1000 RMB + Trophy + Catalog
EXCELLENT PRIZES (20) : Certificate of merit + Catalog
SELECT : Catalog
GOLDEN PRIZE (1) : 2000 RMB + Trophy + Catalog
EXCELLENT PRIZES (8) : Certificate of merit + Catalog
SELECT : Catalog
15. Some of accepted works will be printed in a brochure, on posters, in the world press or other printed matter for the purpose of publicizing the exhibition without additional information and cost.
16. The works will not be returned.
17. All the copyrights are reserved by the authors. Host unit may use some works on web site and other media for spreading competition and artists.
18. Participation in the contest means the complete acceptance of all the above conditions and agreements with jury's decision. 19. For Information
XIAO YU HU
ROOM 341 BUILDING #364, ZHAN QIAN BA LI XIAO QU
YUN JING DONG LI, TONG ZHOU QU,
BEIJING 101121, CHINA Web site:www.redmancartoon.com/en Email:email@example.com .
• Portal ANIMALCARTOON, Belgrade (www.animalcartoon.net)
• INFORMATIKA, Belgrade
• ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN, Belgrade
are organizing cartoon contest on theme "Children & animals". A. Participation
The contest is open to all cartoonists all over the world, over the age of 18, regardless of nationality, religion, gender and education. B. Cartoon theme: Children & animals C. Entries - Send by e-mail on address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only the original cartoons (up to 5) in digital form send by e-mail will be accepted.
Digital works (A4, 250 dpi, JPEG or TIFF, the maximum length per one cartoon 3 MB) with personal information (name, address, e-mail, a brief CV (.doc format) and photo should be sent by e-mail. Condensed file zip, rar, etc... WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The cartoons must not be previously awarded.
Arrived submissions that passed the pre-selection will be soon posted on the portal Animalcartoon. D. Deadline Entry deadline is September 10, 2019. E. Prizes and awards
First prize 1000 €
Second prize 500 €
Third prize 300 €
Awards are subject to taxation according to the current regulation.
It will be also awarded 10 diplomas and special prizes from sponsors:
-"Ranko Guzina" Award.
-"Nikola Otaš" Award . F. Exhibition
The exhibition will be staged in Zoological Garden Belgrade (BEO ZOO VRT) from October 10, 2019 to October 10, 2020.
The exhibition will be shown in other towns in Serbia and abroad. G. Catalogue
Award-winning cartoonists will receive a free copy of the printed catalog. The others participants of the competition will be able to download the catalog in PDF format from our website. H. Other conditions
The organizers reserve the right to use them for various purposes without any obligation to compensate for it. The works will be included in the permanent exhibition and archive portal Animal Cartoon.
By submitting works is considered that the authors accept these rules.
Arrived works remain the property of the organizers. Spiro RADULOVIC, cartoonist
Manager of Portal Animal Cartoon email@example.com
XXVII International satire and humor festival “Città di Trento” 2019
Theme: Where is the wind blowing? Enrolment conditions:
Any Italian and foreign artists can enroll. The minimum age is 16 years. Each participant is allowed to submit maximum 3 original works, not rewarded or reported in other competitions. Sections:
B) Cartoon (Maximum 2 pages). Rules concerning the dispatch of works:
The works must be sent in digital format size A4/A3 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Images must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and be saved in JPG or TIFF format at the highest quality. Important notes: the images can be maximum 6MB, for images larger than 6MB use www.wetransfer.com
Deadline: Works must be received no later than March 31, 2019 Selection of works:
The jury will select the works that will be exhibited in the exhibition and published on the website. Awards: Section Awards (A)
1st Prize: € 1.000
2nd Prize: € 700
3rd Prize: € 500. Section Awards (B)
Special Cartoon Award: € 500. Awarding and exibition:
The award ceremony will be in October 2019, the exact date will be announced later. Rights and royalties:
The authors, taking part in the competition, give the non-exclusive right to publish the work in any medium for promotional purposes by Studio d’Arte Andromeda not having any claim as copyright. FORM PDF
XX-th International Festival of aphorisms and caricature - Strumica 2019
C O N T E S T
Theme: C A R N I V A L – E R O T I C A
• In this category each author can participate with maximum of 10 aphorisms, printed in three copies, completed with code and particulars about the author, and set in sealed envelope.
• The authors are allowed to participate with more works, each as group of 10 (ten) aphorisms and marked with particular code. Caricature:
• In this category, the authors can participate and send 3 caricatures at maximum. The technique is on their own choice, and dimensions A/4.
• Particulars about the authors should be written at the back side of the work. Contest due date:
The works will be accepted up to: February 19, 2019, at latest. Awards:
• Three main prizes will be awarded: Golden, Silver and Bronze Plaque .
• The Organizer retains the right to award some additional prizes. Address:
• The works should be sent to: NUCK "Anton Panov" Blvd. "Goce Delcev" bb 2400 Strumica , R Macedonia
with note: To the Festival of aphorism and Caricature Copyrights:
• The works received, remain in property of the Organizer and the author, and they have the right to its public presentation, catalogue edition or other publication. Evaluation:
• The works received in due time will be reviewed and evaluated by competent jury commission.
• The presentation of the works – exhibition and the Reward Ceremony will come to: March 11, 2019. Contact -Further information
• Tel: ++389 (0) 71 205 263
• E-mail:email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org .
Source: Anton Panov Strumica.
Received today the color catalog of the 7th Sejong International Cartoon Contest (SICACO) 2018 from Korea with my Best Cartoon Prize certificate. Many thanks to Dr Cheong San Lim, the President of the Sejong International Cartoon Institute, and the members of the Selection Committees.
The classical A4 sized (21x29.7 cm) catalog has 104 pages full of far more cartoons that it certainly deserves the title "World Cartoons Encyclopedia Vol.27". The cover cartoon depicting the four seasons is by the Croatian artist Marijan Pavecic.
This edition received 1588 works by 482 entrants from 57 countries of whom 317 are prized. 57 entrants are students. 34 artists sent in 83 works by e-mail, yet digitoons are not prized. The most entrants from Korea (128) are followed by 33 artists from Serbia, 30 cartoonists from Turkey, 24 from Iran, and 21 entrants from Indonesia.
From Turkey they received 134 works and 19 artists are prized: Gold Prize: Recep Bayramoğlu. Student Special Prize: Aziz Göveli (12 y), Songül Sep (14 y). Student Honorable Mention: Yusuf Mert Ertürk (10 y). Theme Prize: Hicabi Demirci, Mete Ağaoğlu, Kamil Yavuz, Ömer Çam. Best Cartoon Prize: Musa Gümüş, Aşkın Ayrancıoğlu, Musa Keklik, Erdoğan Başol, Ercan Baysal, Kemal Özyurt, Bülent Okutan. Honorable Mention: İsmet Lokman, Kaan Saatçi, Ferhat Demirbaş, Zülküf Aba.