Alessandro Gatto (Italy) (see top left)
Marco De Angelis (Italy)
Mohammad Ali Khalaji (Iran)
Valentin Georgiev (Bulgaria) (see above)
Adam Korpak (Finland)
Pol Leurs (Luxembourg)
George Licurici (Romania)
Lido Contemori (Italy)
Giorgio Giaiotto (Italy)
The "Byzant" - Visual Art Center is organizing the 9th Annual international Comic art exhibition to be held in Prilep, Macedonia.
1. Participation is open to all artists of comics that currently publish or have published in national or international mass media and not published.
2. Participation will consist of an entry on the topic: "INTEGRATION". The format can be 21 x 29,7 cm - A4 Gallery format. Send only good laser copy. Each works must bear the signature or initials of the artist at the front, with name, surname, address, telephone number and e-mail address indicated on the back.
3. The entries should be packaged to protect the contents. The organization recommends placing the entry between two pieces of cardboard. Shipping will be paid by the participant. On packaged sign: "PRINT OUT OF VALUE". The organization is not responsible for any damage caused during shipment.
4. December 30th is the deadline for resident authors in Balkans, and February 30th for participants of the other countries. The entries must be sent to the following address:
"VIZANT" - Visual Art Center, Dimo Narednikot 58, 7500-Prilep MACEDONIA Attn: comix-expo
5. The entries selected by the Committee will be displayed in the 9th annual international exhibition of comic Arts.
6. The entries become part of the "Byzant" - visual art center archive. The entries may be displayed in all the premises of the "Vizant" - Visual Art center in itinerant exhibitions, and in publications that are periodically published.
7. The "Vizant" - Visual Art center has the right to reproduce and circulate the entries, whenever the author's name appears and the main objective is the dissemination of the exhibition or the participation in other activities of the "Vizant" - Art center general in area of art comix, that is to say, catalogues, posters, the press, web pages, etc… without generating any obligation towards the participating authors.
8. The organization will communicate through its web page or by means of letter the name of the authors whose entry has been received as well as the names of the selected entries. The authors will be informed of accommodation conditions if they want attend the exhibition opening or any activities parallel to this event.
10. The organization reserves the right to not exibit those entries considered to be an affront to individual or collective rights.
11. Awards: Invited 5 artists on international comic art colony in Macedonia traveling expenses, visa, accommodation is a to ensure from organizateur.
12. Participation in the exhibition means the complete acceptance of all the above conditions.
The Organizing Committee of the 6th LM International Cartoon Contest invites cartoonists from all over the world to participate in this contest. Beautiful tableaus, lovely sculpting, humorous content and rich sentiment are the criterion of China LM International Cartoon Contest to award prize every year.
1. THEME: Free (Humorous)
2. THE WORKS FOR THE CONTEST:
A) Only original cartoons are accepted. Photographs, Copy, Computer painting, photocopies etc. will not be accepted.
B) The cartoonist's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail, if available, must be on the reverse side of each cartoon
C) Size: Preferable 21 x 29.7 cm or 29.7 x 42 cm
D) Maximum number of entries: 3
3. THE WORKS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Googlm, Jin Ling Zha 21- 603, Nanjing City, p.c.210001, China
5. DEADLINE: December 22, 2007 (The late works will be accepted as the entries for the 7th LM International Cartoon Contest)
6. FREQUENCY: Annual
7. JURY: The group of judges consists of the organizer, cartoonists, and art scholars. Participants are not allowed to raise any objections to judge determinations.
8. THE PRIZES:
* Grand prize of 1 (Gold Medal, Certificate, Album)
* Gold prize of 5 (Gold Medal, Certificate, Album)
* Honor prize of 10 (Silver Medal, Certificate, Album)
* Prizes for excellence of 150 (Certificate, Album)
9. THE RESULTS AND EXHIBITIONS:
A) The results of the contest will be made public in March 3rd, 2008 on our website: http://www.googlm.com/
B) We will send the medals, certificates and albums for all the winners before May 1st, 2008.
C) The exhibition will be organized from January to October in 2008 in large cities of China for three times between two LM cartoon contests.
10. RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZER:
A) The organizer can collect the works and put them into an album for publishing, exhibition.
B) The entries can also be expressed in other publication.
C) Artworks: will not be returned. Unite the collections to the LM Cartoon Museum. Participants are considered to have accepted all the conditions and are aware that their submissions may be reprinted and used without future monetary compensation.
Cartoon competition regulations
The theme of the contest 2007/08 is:
”Alles im grünen Bereich” (winter sports and climate change)
Participants: European cartoonists, cartoonists who are living in Europe, cartoonists who publish in Europe and cartoonists who publish about Europe
Number of cartoons
Max. number of entries per cartoonist: free
The deadline for receipt of cartoons: 12th November 2007.
Technique: two-dimensional, otherwise no limits
The size of the cartoons should be:
minimum: 105 x 148,5 mm (DIN A5)
maximum: 297 x 420 mm (DIN A3)
– signed originals, colour or black and white
– Analogue originals have to be submitted plane, unframed and unmounted.
– signed digitally created works, file and prints of digital artworks
– signed high-quality copies, reproducible for print
– Prints of digital artworks have to be numbered and dated in pencil on the front and pencil signed.
– Requirements for digital works:
minimum size: DIN A5 (148 x 210 mm), minimum resolution: 300 dpi, colour representation: RGB, format: jpeg or pdf, delivery by e-mail: up to 5 MB per mail
– Not high-quality copies or ”digital originals” are not accepted!
The cartoons must be the original work of the artist. If the jury should come to the conclusion that a work is conspicuously similar to the work of another artist, it will be disqualified and excluded from the competition.
The name, address, telephone number, e-mail and web address of the artist have to be stated on the back of each cartoon.
In case of entries via e-mail this information must be included in the mail.
Biography / Photo
A short biography of the artist and a photograph (or self-caricature) shall be attached.
Biography must contain: place of birth and accurate date of birth
The cartoons may not have been previously awarded of other contests.
The cartoons may not have been previously published in books or catalogues.
Returning of entered works
Normally entered works will not be returned. The return of original works is only possible at the author's explicit request at the time of entry in the competition. Therefore a self-addressed and prepaid envelope is necessary.
Cartoons that got paid out prize money remain in possession of the publishing company and advertising agency ”ad medien GmbH”.
via mail to: ad medien GmbH, Blumenstraße 8, 58739 Wickede, Germany
via e-mail to: email@example.com
Prizes and awards
The European cartoon-contest ”Winterberger Winterspott” is endowed with prize money and material prizes, altogether amounting to 10.000,00 Euros.
1st prize / gold: 2.000,00 Euros incl. arrival (by train, 2nd class) and overnight stay in Winterberg
2nd prize / silver: 1.000,00 Euros incl. arrival (by train, 2nd class) and overnight stay in Winterberg
3rd prize / bronze: 500,00 Euros incl. arrival (by train, 2nd class) and overnight stay in Winterberg
First European Cartoon-Award/Competition/Contest/Exhibition ”Winterberger Winterspott”
The German city of Winterberg and the publishing company "ad medien GmbH" from Wickede (Ruhr) in Germany announce for the first time an European cartoon-contest.
Artists from all over Europe are challenged to explore the topic ”Alles im grünen Bereich” (winter sports and climate change).
Contact for further information:
ad medien GmbH
Bildagentur für Cartoon und Karikatur
58739 Wickede (Ruhr)
Phone: +49 (0) 2377 – 809083-0
Fax: +49 (0) 2377 – 809083-1
City of origin
Health resort city of Winterberg (Sauerland), North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
The jury’s awards will be made on 15th November 2007.
The exhibition will open on 14th December 2007, 19.30 pm in the ”Kursaal” of the City of Winterberg.
Presentation of the cartoons– Online-Gallery– Exhibition– Catalogue/book– other prints
Selected works will be exhibited.
City of Winterberg, ”Kursaal”, 15th December 2007 – 2nd March 2008
Errors and changes expected.
GREEKARTOON in further honouring "the master" Luciano Pavarotti, would like to announce an international web exhibition.
All works will be publisched and displayed on Greekartoon's website at http://www.greekartoon.gr/ and http://www.greekartoon.com/
Please, feel free to send your works about Luciano Pavarotti to the attention of GREEKARTOON's IT Manager Mr. Nickola' van Karavanis at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need additional information and material about Luciano Pavarotti ( fotos etc.) contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
“My Best Cartoon”
1. The Contest is open to all professional and amateur cartoonists.
2. Subject “My Best Cartoon” is free.
3. Cartoons that won places in other contests can also be sent.
4. Size of cartoons should be min A4, max A3.
5. Each cartoonist can submit a max of 3 works.
6. Deadline is March 1, 2008.
7. Cartoons must be original. Copies are not accepted.
8. On the back of each work the following information should appear: First name, surname, address, telephone number and e-mail, accompanied by the entry form and author’s short biography and photo. Otherwise, cartoons will not be accepted.
9. Cartoonists, whose works enter the catalogue of the contest, will be sent the one as a present.
10. The Azerbaijan Cartoonists’ Union is not responsible for damage that may occur during postage and handling.
11. The participating cartoons will not be returned.
12. All the rights of cartoons sent to the Contest belong to Azerbaijan Cartoonists’ Union.
13. The Cartoons will be selected by the International jury.
I Place (3 persons) Golden Medal + diploma + catalogue
II Place (4 persons) Silver Medal + diploma + catalogue
III Place (5 persons) Bronze Medal + diploma + catalogue
Special awards (20 persons) + diploma + catalogue.
Cartoons must be sent to the following address:
Address: AZ1010 Azerbaijan Baku Neftchilar Avenue 145 Azerbaijan Cartoonists’ Union
Tel: (994 12) 493 28 98
Fax: (994 12) 493 09 18
See Bayram Hajizadeh's messages for participants of the contest & for presidents and leaders of cartoon organizations at web: http://www.azercartoon.com/
International Political Poster and Cartoon Contest
The Free Culture Partnership and the Nonconformist Art Museum continue the "NOTA BENE, OR PAY ATTENTION! PROJECT"
The project's goal is to raise awareness of social problems, which are cause for alarm in Russia and around the world.
This goal is achieved by capitalizing on the creative power of artists from all around the world and organizing an international political poster and caricature competition. Selected entries will be shown in two exhibitions in St. Petersburg and Moscow and will be printed in special album made available to contest entrants, libraries, and non-governmental organizations. Top entries will be awarded prizes and artists will likely see their work used in awareness campaigns. The project started with the Danger: Nazism! exhibition which took place in St. Petersburg in 2005. A second exposition Danger: Femida! was held in St. Petersburg in 2007.
The online versions of these exhibitions can be viewed at: http://www.notabene.org.ru/, where more than 60,000 users have left more than 140,000 comments and ratings. Exhibitions were assembled based on these results and the best entries went on display in St. Petersburg and Moscow at the St. Petersburg House of Journalists, The Andrei Sakharov Community Center, and the Nonconformist Art Museum. See a prize-winning work by Faldina Alexandra & Faldina Anastasia / Russia (above right)
The strong, positive response encouraged us to continue this successful project. The slogan for the latest international competition in the project’s framework: Danger: Corruption!
We chose this topic because we believe corruption is a problem that plagues the entire world. Police, bureaucrats, judges, and politicians can be bought on every continent on the world. We also believe that, in addition to fighting this problem with the help of judges and public opinion, it is also important to address this issue using the language of art. The jury will select the best works, which will be awarded with prizes and diplomas. Each participant will receive an album containing the works that were displayed at the exhibition. Additional copies of the album will be distributed to libraries and civic organizations across Russia free of charge. At the conclusion of the exhibition, all of the original works will become part of the Nonconformist Art Museum's permanent collection. In the future the museum and the "Nota Bene…" project, in accordance with the competition rules, retain the right to use the artwork for noncommercial purposes. We are sure that mankind will find the strength to fight and overcome corruption.
1. The jury will accept and evaluate two categories of work: posters and cartoons.
2. Entries need to be submitted by January 31, 2008.
3. The competition will be held at the Pushkinskaya 10 Art Center, 10 Pushkinskaya Ulitsa, St. Petersburg.
4. Exhibition will be displayed at:
- the Nonconformists Art Museum, St. Petersburg.
- the Andrei Sakharov Community Center, Moscow.
5. A press conference on the problem of corruption in Russia and a presentation of the catalog will take place in St. Petersburg.
6. The above-mentioned catalog will be distributed to all of the project's participants.
7. The jury will evaluate and award entries with prizes. The entries received the most online votes will also be awarded with prizes.
First place – two 25,000-ruble prizes (about $1007.00 each)
Second place – two 20,000-ruble prizes (about $806.00 each)
Third place – two 15,000-ruble prizes (about $604.00 each)
The Viewers Choice Award (determined by online voting at http://www.notabene.org.ru/) – a 15,000-ruble prize (about $604.00).
8. After the closing of the exhibition, the original works will become part of the museum's permanent collection and the Nonconformist Art Museum and the "Nota Bene…" project retain the right to use the artwork for noncommercial purposes.
9. Submission size requirements: Posters must be A1 or A2 in size, while cartoons have no size restrictions.
Participants who have difficulties sending their works in printed form are welcome to submit their art electronically on disc. Electronic submissions should be either in TIFF or JPEG format, and 300DPI.
10. Submitted works will not be returned.
11. By participating in this competition, the artist(s) agrees to these conditions.
10 Pushkinskaya Ulitsa, Office 1, 191049 St. Petersburg Russia
Presiding Jurors: Viktor Bogorad, Yuly Rybakov, http://www.rybakov.spb.ru/
For more information call: (812) 764-5371, fax: (812) 764-52-07
Dmitry Kononov, Russia - Grand Prize
Bezad Riazi, Iran - 2nd Prize (see above)
Alexander Pashov, Russia - 3rd Prize (see below)
Andrey Puchkanev, Belorussia - Special Prize
Hesam Pirishnya, Iran - Special Prize
Miroslaw Georgievsky, Makedonia - Special Prize (see above)
Yury Namestnikov, Russia - Special Prize.
1. This cartooncontest is open to everybody. The participants are expected to acknowledge the regulations and commit themselves to accept its conditions and clauses as well as the jury's resolutions.
2. THEME: TASTE.
Actions, persons and events must be depict in a humorous and artistic way without text or subtitles. There are no restrictions concerning colour or technique.
3. The drawings must be original and never before have been published or exhibited. There are no restrictions about the number of cartoons.
The drawings must be sent solidly packed, not folded or rolled up, at the expenses of the subscriber, to :
B 2530 Boechout / België
Deadline: August 9, 2008.
The size of the drawings must be 21 x 30 cm (A4). Name, christian name and address must be written on the back of each drawing. Please write ont the package "Sample without Value" to save customs expenses.
1. xxxxxx eur: prize George Van Raemdonck, given by the village council of Boechout.
2. xxxxxx eur: prize of the cultural council of Boechout.
3. xxxxxx eur: prize Zeppo bvba for the best participant -25 year.
4. xxxxxx eur: prize Davidsfonds Boechout-Vremde for the best Flemish participant.
5. xxxxxx eur: prize International Humour in Art vzw.
6. xxxxxx eur: prize of the visitors of the exhibition(s).
.... possible other prizes....
7. By taking part, all participants give the organizers the right to publish the cartoons in newspapers or magazines only for the purpose of promoting the contest. The participants give the organizers permission to show the selected works in a travelling exhibition.
8. The prize exhibits will become the property of the organizers. The selected participants will receive a free catalogue. Only on explicit request will remaining works be returned to the owners at the expenses of the organizers, who can not be held responsible for any loss of or damage to returned works. The organisers will transfer works, of which the sending back is not asked, to the European Cartoon Center in Kruishoutem to be part of its permanent collection.
9. INSURANCE AND SELLING CONDITIONS.
All works are insured during the period of the exhibition(s). The works are insured for the value mentioned on the form of tender, if no value mentioned, the works will be insured at the value of 10 (ten) Euro. Exhibiting works, if wished by the participants, can be sold to interested parties. The selling price is equal to the stated insurance value, minus 20 % administration costs for the organizers. The purchased works can only be obtained at the end of the exhibition(s).
Opening on Friday the 3rd of October 2008 at the village library, Jef Van Hoofplein 20, Boechout, Belgium. The exhibition is open to the public from Saturday October 4 till Saturday November 10, 2008, during the opening hours of the Library.
11. The jury selects the prize-winners and the cartoons for the exhibition.
12. Biographical data, in the possession of the organizers, will be exhibited in the exhibition hall. Add these data, shown on the form of tender, to your entry.
Regulations & entry-form: http://www.iha.be/cms/default2.asp?active_page_id=84
2. A first prize of £500, a second prize of £300 and a third prize of £200 will be awarded for the best cartoons, this year on the theme of climate change and other threats to the environment, under the title Earthworks 2008.
3. The jury, made up of leading cartoonists and well-known personalities, will be looking for clarity of message, cartooning skill and satirical humour (Jury members to be announced towards the end of 2007).
4.To qualify, cartoons can be submitted in electronic format (good resolution) or, preferably, as original works. Cartoons short listed for a prize and subsequent exhibition will be notified by the organisers, and their authors will receive honorary diplomas.
6. Each entry must be signed by the artist and accompanied by an address and contact details.
7. Entries to reach the organisers by June 1st 2008.
8. The results of the competition will be announced on July 1st 2008.
9. An exhibition of the best of the submissions will be organised in London and the prize-winning cartoons will be published in the Morning Star newspaper and other journals.
10. Unless the submitting cartoonist stipulates otherwise, following the judging, the cartoons will become the copyright of the Ken Sprague Fund and the Fund will have the right to offer submitted cartoons for sale/exhibition and publication. Any proceeds from these, less a small commission and transfer fees, will be paid to the originating artist.
11. The organisers undertake to give due credit to the artists and ensure they receive any royalties/payments that may accrue as a result of the competition.
12. The first ten cartoons will be displayed on our website for a period of 12 months and later will become part of the page’s competition archive, accessible to visitors.
13. Artists submitting cartoons will automatically agree to abide by the above rules.
14. Address to send submissions (originals or in electronic form):
Ken Sprague Fund Cartoon Competition 2008,
Who should enter:
The Caretoon Contest is open to anyone interested in participating.
Deadline for entries: December 31, 2007
Entries will be judged in two categories: Adults (age 18 or older) and Students (under age 18)
Caretoons will be judged by a panel of professional cartoonists, educators, Museum staff and others.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality and message. All judges’ decisions are final.
A $1000. prize will be awarded in each of the two categories.
How to create a Caretoon:
Each Caretoon must be presented on a separate 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
How to enter the contest:
There are no entry fees; no purchases of any kind are required.
Print out and complete a Caretoon entry form from http://www.libertymuseum.org/.
Print your name on every Caretoon exactly how it appears on your entry form.
If you are submitting your Caretooon(s) via email, attach your entry form and each Caretoon in jpeg format: must be 300 dpi; no larger than 8.5 x 11.
How to submit your entry:
Caretoons may be submitted by mail, in-person, or by email.
Mail to: Caretoon Contest, National Liberty Museum, 321 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19106 U.S.A.
In Person: Bring your Caretoon & Entry Form to the Museum. Hours are 10am-5pm, Tuesday –Sunday. The Museum is open 7-days a week during the summer months. You will receive FREE admission if you bring an original Caretoon. Note: Free admission does not apply to guided group tours.
Caretoons will not be returned to their creator. The Museum reserves the right to display and/or publish any and all Caretoon entries. The creator will be credited for the work wherever his or her Caretoon appears. All entrants receive free membership to the National Liberty Museum and copies of any publication in which their Caretoon appears.
1. Theme: dietetic science: Health, delicious food, cooking, environment protection, epidemic prevention and so on.
2. Organizer:China cartoon information website (Okcomic.net), “Dietetic Science” magazine
Undertaker: Beijing ZhongYatu Culture Developing Cooperation
3. Date:April 1st 2007----November 31st 2007
. All the people who are interested in cartoon could take part in this competition, with no restriction of age, district and gender.
. Original works that have never been published on any kind of media before (including the internet). Plagiarist will be disqualified.No restriction on form and style. Both single piece and multi grid are ok (better no more than 4 grids). Both black and white works and colored ones are welcomed.
. Size: Letter submissions: A4 (21x29.7cm) is better. Each of the works must carry an identification label, clearly filled in, including name, address, phone number, e-mail and a brief curriculum.
Digital submissions: resolution ratio: no less than 200dpi; the longest side: 1000pels; the quality of compression: 10 is the best. The title of the mail should be: To the Cartoon Competition about “Dietetic Science”. In the letter, clearly write: name, address, phone number, e-mail and a brief curriculum.
. Address: Cartoon Competition about “Dietetic Science”
WeiBohao 6-3-1101,Weigongcun Street #1,Haidian District, Beijing, China Postcode: 100081
Phone: 86 10 88571219
Fax: 86 10 88571219 – 608
5. Judging process:
 All the submitting works will be exhibit on the competition pages of Okcomic.net.
 Every month, the period better works will be published on “Dietetic Science” magazine.
 Final judgment will be made by professional jury.
Members of the jury:
Heads: Han Suolin (chief editor of the “Dietetic Science” magazine), Zhang Fushan (general manager of Beijing ZhongYatu Culture Developing Cooperation（the owner of Okcomic.net）)
Members: Xia Dachuan (well-known Chinese cartoonist from Beijing), Chen Zhihua (well-known Chinese cartoonist from Taiwan), Cui Zimo (deputy chief editor of the Chinese Culture Pictorial), Sima Lieren (well-known Chinese writer)
6. Prize: First prize: one, 1000 RMB with certificate
Second prize: two, 500 RMB each with certificate.
Third prize: three, 100 RMB each with certificate.
Excellent works: twenty. certificate.
7. Copyright Statements: All the submitting works will not be returned to their authors. The organization has the right to publish all the submitting work both on internet and on paper. The proprietary right of the collected works belongs to the organization, while the authors have the right to sign their names. The selecting committee has the right to interpret all the items above.
Addition: We'd like to communicate with cartoonists all over the world, providing the opportunity to publish your works in Chinese media, discovering and propagandizing the rising stars in the cartoon field and making friends with cartoon fans. We wish all of those who care about China cartoon industry worldwide could join us for the great days of cartoon field.
GREEKARTOON in further honouring the unique Maria Callas, would like to announce an international web exhibition.
All works will be published and displayed on Greekartoon's website at http://www.greekartoon.gr/ and http://www.greekartoon.com/
Please, feel free to send your works about Maria Callas to the attention of GREEKARTOON's IT Manager Mr. Nickola' van Karavanis at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2007-2008), and qualified by artists to:
HUMOR and SOCIAL SATIRE (drawing without captions preferred)
4. The format of the works - maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm).
5. Works should be sent or delivered by February 1, 2008, packed in a protective cover to:
6. Participation in the competition is free of charge. However, the organiser reserve the right to include one of the submitted works in the Satyrykon Gallery. The work, chosen by the author, will in this way cover our costs of mailing (please use capitals).
7. Works should be accompanied by their author's photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application card.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes:
* GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON 2008- pure gold key and purse amounting to 5.500 PLN
* 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN
* 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 4.500 PLN
* 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 4.000 PLN
* 4 special prizes amounting to 3.500 PLN each
* the Legnica Culture Centre director's award for the youngest participant of the competition.
Right: Julia MIRNA (Poland) "House-Cat", The Director of Legnica Culture Centre award 2007
The Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non-awarding them or non-awarding the GRAND PRIX SATYRYKON. Jury's decisions are final. The competition results will be announced on March 1, 2008 at Satyrykon web site: http://www.satyrykon.com/.
2. The organisers provide the competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2008 event on June 12-15, 2008.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2009.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
3. The exhibition organisers are the finial judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agree to the publishing of the author's profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
5. Legnica Centre of Culture and Fundation Satyrykon are organisers of the SATYRYKON-LEGNICA 2008 International Exhibition
* Jury meeting February 15-17, 2008
* Post-competition exhibition June 5 - August 24, 2008
* Return of works after the exhibition cycle December 31, 2009
A) Olympic Humour (for Beijing 2008 Olympic Games: 1. track and field events, 2. gymnastics, 3. shooting, 4. weight lifting, 5. judo, 6. equestrianism, 7. soccer/football, 8. badminton, 9. tennis, 10. softball, 11. field hockey/cricket, 12. rowing/boat, 13. swimming, 14. archery, 15. wrestling, 16. boxing, 17. fencing, 18. basketball, 19. volleyball, 20. table tennis, 21. baseball, 22. handball, 23. cycling, 24. paddling/skin boat, 25. sailing, 26. modern pen-tathlon, 27. Taekwondo, 28. Iron-man triathlon, 29. Olympics)
B) City Life (for Shanghai 2010 expo)
C) Free Theme
A) Famous President B) Sports Star C) Entertainment Star D) Business Star
2. Deadline: November 8, 2007
1) Size: Min: A4 (210mmx297mm), Max: A3 (297mmx420mm)
2) Quantity: Unlimited
3) Please send original drawings to this Festival. Black & white or colored, any style, any technique will be accepted. Digital artworks (CD&Disk) and good quality photocopies will be accepted.
4) Please write the following information in the top left corner on the back side of cartoon: name, address, tel & fax, e-mail, title & theme, sections.
5) Participants are requested to send together with their cartoons, an entry-form with signature, a photograph or caricature.
6) Titles or entry-form must be filled out in understandable English or Chinese.
7) After sending original drawings, all cartoonists can participate in festival through your own E-mail by submitting your cartoon to: email@example.com
Format: JPEG, Size: max. 2000 k per cartoon, Resolution ratio: 200 dpi – 300 dpi.
(Each e-mail must be accompanied by the author's entry-form for the submitted cartoon.)
1) Cartoon: Grand Prize (1 award), Gold Prize (2 awards), Silver Prize, Bronze Prize: Certificate + CD-Catalogue.
2) Caricature: Grand Prize (1 award), Gold Prize(2 awards), Silver Prize, Bronze Prize: Certificate + CD-Catalogue.
FCW2007 Cartoonet Festival
No.01,Lane 68 YanQing Road,
Shanghai 200031, P.R.CHINA
WEB: http://www.fcwfcw.com/, http://www.fcw.cn/
E-mail (Only for Festival): firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete regulations & entry-form 2007: http://feature.fcw.cn/main.php?sLAN=en
Organizers: FECO Serbia and JUGOMARKA Company for creating and distribution of postage stamps
Originals or digital prints signed by the artist
Cartoon mail art (Cartoons on the envelops and postcards)
Size: up to A3 (297x420 mm)
Deadline: February 15, 2008
Exhibition: March/April 2008
Postal Museum, Belgrade
1st prize – 500 euros
2nd prize – 300 euros
Personal stamp (face value 46 dinars), 100 pieces
Personal stamp (face value 20 dinars), 100 pieces
Special prize for the best cartoon mail art (Collection of Serbian cartoon books)
Catalogue: to each selected artist
Remark: all works remain property of the Museum
Address for sending cartoons:
JUGOMARKA (Jaksa Vlahovic) Palmoticeva 2, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
For further information e-mail: email@example.com