SARDINES COMPETITION FESTAS DE LISBOA'14
1. "Sardines Competition Festas de Lisboa’14" is the initiative of EGEAC, Empresa de Gestão de Equipamentos e Animação Cultural, E.M. (hereinafter called EGEAC) that aims to stimulate the participation of all in creating the image of the sardines that will be part of Festas de Lisboa’14.
2. The patrimonial author rights over the winning sardines belong exclusively and originally to EGEAC, according to Article 14, nr. 1 of the Portuguese Code of Copyright and Related Rights which includes the rights foresee in articles 67º and 68º of the same Code such as the reproduction, distribution and the communication to the public, which includes, namely, the disclosure, the publication in press or by any other means of graphic reproduction, public exposure, fixation, distribution, broadcasting by any process of sign, sound or image reproduction, the adaptation to any material support or the execution of any other transformations, the use in another work, the reproduction, direct or indirect, temporary or permanent by any means and in any form, in whole or in part.
3. The patrimonial author rights are EGEAC’s property definitively and without time limit.
4. For purposes of Article 14, nr. 4, of the above mentioned Portuguese Code, the use of selected and winner proposals for the purposes laid down in this regulation, does not confer upon its author(s) the right to any further financial provision or to any other benefit in kind, being the copyright originally, for those purposes, in the property of EGEAC.
5. The use for other purposes than those specified in this Regulation, in particular in commercial projects, such as publications or merchandising for sale, lack of prior contact with the concerned authors.
6. Not winning proposals, when used by its authors, must include a reference to the participation in the Sardines Competition Festas de Lisboa’14.
7. The participation in the present Competition, by the presentation of a proposal, implies the total acceptance of the conditions presented in this Regulation.
(Conditions for participation)
1. This competition is open to all Portuguese and foreign, resident and non-resident in Portugal, legal or natural persons of all ages.
2. Are unable to apply in the present competition: EGEAC workers, as well as spouses, ascendants and descendants of the aforementioned.
3. Proposals may be submitted individually or collectively (co-authored); each candidate is allowed to submit a maximum of three proposals.
4. The candidates are responsible for the proposal’s originality, assuring its authorship and assuming all the responsibilities that may run from eventual complaints from third parties with relation to author rights, related rights and rights of personality.
1. Questions on the interpretation of this Regulation should be send to the following email address: email@example.com
2. The solutions for the situations mentioned above in the present article as well as for the omissive situations are EGEAC’s exclusive responsibility and will be disclosed by it and by the means considered convenient.
(Proposals essential requirements)
1. The submitted sardine proposals shall be mandatorily original and unpublished.
2. Proposals must be recognized as sardines and not to be confused with any other fish. A basic sardine silhouette is provided in www.festasdelisboa.com
3. The proposals legibility and adaptability to different means and communication materials of Festas de Lisboa’14 will be valued in the selection of the winners.
4. Sardine proposals may be executed with manual or digital techniques, under the following conditions:
a) proposals in manual techniques (on paper/cardboard, collage, photography or three-dimensional object) cannot contain perishable objects or materials;
b) the digital proposals should be presented as JPEG/JPG files (size up to 50 MB), on a format A3 (42 x 29,7 cm) and a resolution of 300 dpi;
c) the video proposals should be presented as MPEG/MPG or MOV files (size up to 50 MB).
5. Sardine proposals cannot contain any element of identification of its author(s) or any labels, including Festas de Lisboa label.
(Mode, place and date of submission of proposals)
1. To take part in this competition, candidates will have to register on the website www.festasdelisboa.com
2. After register on the website, the candidate may present its proposals by one of the following routes:
a) digitally, on the website www.festasdelisboa.com
b) via postal service, with registry and postal notice, addressed as it follows:
“Concurso Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa'14
(ID number – this will be given to you via email when you register your proposal
EGEAC – Empresa de Gestão de Equipamentos e Animação Cultural, E.M.,
Palácio Marquês de Tancos
Calçada Marquês de Tancos, n.º 2,
The proposals sent by postal service will be accepted if its stamp is dated within the term previewed;
c) hand delivery, at our central office, Monday to Friday, from 9,30 a.m. to 6 p.m., addressed as it follows:
“Concurso Sardinhas Festas de Lisboa'14
(ID number – this will be given to you via email when you register your proposal)”
3. When the candidate is underage, the registry on the website should be done under the candidate’s name, however the parent/legal guardian will have to fill in a specific area with personal data.
1st phase: Reception of proposals and exclusion of those that don’t fulfil this Regulation;
2nd phase: Jury selection of 7 (seven) sardine winning proposals, from among all proposals validated for the competition.
1. 7 (seven) sardines will be awarded.
2. To each winning proposal it will be given a monetary prize, in the amount of € 2,000.00 (two thousand euros), tax free.
3. Prizes will be given upon presentation of the candidate’s legal receipt.
1. All validated proposals are evaluated by EGEAC’s jury.
2. Proposals are evaluated anonymously by the Jury, without any identifying element of their authors.
3.The methodology adopted to evaluate the proposals to be selected is an exclusive decision of the Competition’s Jury.
4. Jury’s decisions are taken by majority, not permitting any recourse or reclaim over them.
(Competition Schedule and divulgation)
1. The schedule to be considered by the candidates is:
a) Deadline for proposal delivery: 7th of March 2014
; the proposals will only be considered valid since presented until 6 p.m. of the mentioned day;
b) Deadline for announcement of winning proposals by Jury selection: 15th of May 2014.
2. Winners (of the seven prizes) will be informed of the fact by email or telephone.
1. The proposals delivered personally, or by post, which have not been selected can be reclaimed by their applicants, from the 1st to the 31st of October 2014. For this, an appointment should be scheduled via firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Proposals that have not been reclaimed within the time limit referred above become EGEAC’s property.
3. The originals of the winning proposals are EGEAC’s property, therefore cannot be collected by the respective candidates.