The deadline for entries in the thirteenth annual Turhan Selçuk Cartoon Competition, organised by Milas Municipality, has been extended until the 30th May 2023.
The Selection Committee, under the chairmanship of Muhammet Tokat the Milas Manupility Mayor; will convene to judge the participating cartoons, on 10th June 2023.
The results of the competition will be announced on 26th June 2023 and will be shared on the Milas Municipality web site and social media accounts.
The competition exhibition - comprising the cartoons that have won the awards and the cartoons that are deemed worthy of exhibition - will be unveiled on September 2023 and will stay open until 1st October 2023.
Turhan Selçuk Cartoon Competition
Milas Municipality Cultural and Social Works Management
1. The competition is open to any cartoonist.
2. It is acceptable to enter with cartoons that have been published previously. However, they should not have won any prize/award in any other competition.
3. Any technique is allowed. The cartoonist can submit a maximum of 5 cartoons. Originals or electronic versions suitable for printing in 300 dpi and jpg format sent by e-mail would also be acceptable. No reponsibility will be assumed for documents sent in different formats and documents that can not be opened.
4. All cartoons must be 30x40cm maximum.
5. The participants must write their names (first and surname) in capital letters, address, e-mail, country and telephone number; a brief CV should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
6. Cartoons must be sent to the address below by May 30, 2023 at the latest.
13th INTERNATIONAL TURHAN SELÇUK CARTOON COMPETITION
Milas Belediyesi Kültür ve Sosyal İşler Müdürlüğü
48200-Milas-Muğla / Turkey
• e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The results of the competition will be announced on 26th June 2023.
8. The cartoons sent to the competition will not be returned. All cartoons, whether they have won a prize or not, may be used for cultural purposes and may be published. Participation assumes acceptance of these conditions. All cartoons will be kept in the ‘Milas Belediyesi Kültür ve Sosyal İşler Müdürlüğü’.
9. The cartoons selected by the jury will be displayed in the exhibition and will also be printed in the album.
10. The reward ceremony will be held in September 2023. The opening of the exhibition will be held on the same date, in ‘Milas Municipality Conference Hall’ for cartoons which have won an award or have been selected for display. The exhibition will be open until 01st October 2023.
11. Accommodation and meal expenses for participants who have won a ‘Special Award’ will be met. Travel expenses will be borne by the participants. Travel, accommodation and meal expenses for competitors who come first, second and third will be met by Milas Municipality.
Muhammet Tokat – Major of Milas
Kamil Masaracı - Cartoonist
İzel Rozental - Cartoonist
Betül Yılmaz - Cartoonist
Vladimir Kazanevsky – Cartoonist / Ukraine
Esmaeil Babaei – Cartoonist / Iran
Kutlukhan Perker - Cartoonist
Ali Fuat Süer - Cartoonist
Ali Şur - Cartoonist
Mehmet Nergiz - Coordinator
Runner up: ₺15.000.00
Other Special Prizes will be awarded by various establishments, societies, newspapers, art magazines, trade unions, news agents and individuals.
Note: The jury meeting will be held on the 10 June 2023.