on the IV International Cartoon Competition "Eurasia"
I. General provisions
1. These Regulations govern the procedure for holding the IV International Cartoon Competition "Eurasia" (hereinafter referred to as the Contest).
2. Founders of the Contest:
• Pavlov Anatoly Ivanovich, member of the General Council of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly, Chairman of the Sverdlovsk regional branch of the All-Russian Council of Local Self-Government
• Yekaterinburg Museum of Caricature.
3. The Contest is held with the support of the Eurasian Peoples' Assembly and the Ministry of Culture of the Sverdlovsk Region (to be agreed).
4. Theme of the Contest: "Hello, Neighbor!"
Today, when the peoples of the world are faced with the task of agreeing on common basic values, the International Caricature Contest on the theme "Hello Neighbor!" will become a universal negotiating platform, since a “drawn” thought does not require translation.
The Contest will clearly demonstrate that people in different countries are worried about the same problems.
And humor in graphic works is both an excellent translator and a cure for many diseases, including social and political ones.
5. The aim of the Contest: to promote the development of good-neighborly relations between the peoples of the Eurasian continent and the whole world.
6. Objectives of the Contest:
• promoting the development of intercultural dialogue, mutual understanding and friendship through the art of caricature;
• attracting the attention of graphic artists from different countries of the world to common social problems;
• assistance to the development of the cultural space of modern Eurasia.
II. Organizational support for the Contest
1. The Contest is carried out by the Organizing Committee formed by the founders.
2. The exclusive competence of the Organizing Committee includes:
• accepting applications for participation in the Contest;
• formation of the composition of the competitive jury;
• organization and conduct of the final award ceremony for the laureates of the Contest.
3. Contest jury is formed from authoritative figures in the professional sphere in order to creatively evaluate the works submitted for the Contest.
4. Members of the jury have the right to participate in the Contest without claiming prizes.
III. Conditions for holding the Contest
1. Contest works are accepted from November 15, 2021 to February 1 (EXTENDED:) March 15, 2022. The works must arrive in Ekaterinburg no later than March 15, 2022 (by postmark).
2. Authors over the age of 18 are allowed to participate in the Contest.
3. Each author may submit for participation in the Contest no more than 5 (five) works.
4. Works that have received prizes in other Contests are not accepted for participation.
5. Summing up the results of the Contest and the opening of the exhibition of the best works will be timed to coincide with the International Day of Laughter on April 1, 2022.
6. Contest works are sent to the address:
Lenin Avenue, 39, P.O. Box 126,
Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation, 620000
On the envelope it is necessary to indicate: "For the Cartoon Competition".
7. Requirements for works:
• Format: A4 (210 x 297 mm) or A3 (297 x 420 mm)
• Works must be hand made original. Photocopies, prints are not considered. Works convicted of plagiarism do not participate in the competition.
• Technique is free; works can be either black and white or color.
• Works should not contain text.
• Full name of the author, time of creation, return address, e-mail are to be indicated on the back.
• Works must be accompanied by a completed application form for the participant of the Contest
• Works must be carefully packed. The organizers of the Contest are not responsible for damage during shipment.
8. The works sent to the Contest are not returned and remain at the disposal of the founders of the Contest.
9. Prizes of the Contest:
• 1st place: € 1,500
• 2nd place: € 1000
• 3rd place: € 500
• Special Prize: € 500
• Honorable mention
10. Authors of works participating in the final exhibition receive a certificate of the participants in the Contest and a printed copy of the catalog.
11. The founders of the Contest reserve the right to further use the Contest works for exhibition and information purposes.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Deadline updated: 01.02.2022 23:30.