1st International Cartoon/Caricature Contest on Mahatma Gandhi 2021
Rules & Regulations
Theme: Gandhi, an answer to global crisis
• Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are welcome to participate in this contest.
• The competition is open to all individuals aged over 12 * (Corrigendum).
• Works must be originals. All graphic techniques are allowed.
• Works may be black & white or colored.
• Each entry should include a covering letter with the cartoonist’s full name,postal address, contact no. and E-Mail ID.
• Please mention the artist's name and country with the artwork.
• The digital works have to be sent in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3543 pixels).
• The cartoons are to be drawn in A4 format.
• (maximum size of 3 MB per cartoon) for digital cartoons
• Number of entries per contestant maximum three
• Cartoons sent by post need to have the name and address of the cartoonist on the back-side of each cartoon.
• The original versions of the cartoons will be accepted.
• The organizer (EKTA PARISHAD) cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged cartoons during the shipment.
• Works should not be awarded at other festivals.
• Works must not be older than one year.
• The Prizes will be taxed according to Indian legislation.
• The Organiser/EKTA PARISHAD shall not be responsible for failure of a winner to receive the prize for reasons that are not related to the Organiser/ EKTA PARISHAD
• Deadline for submission of Cartoons / Art work is 25 December 2021 (EXTENDED:) 05 January 2022
• Cartoons must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• To send by post, please send package to:
c/o Ekta Parishad
Gandhi Bhawan Shyamla hills
GANDHI BHAVAN, BHOPAL
MADHYA PRADESH (INDIA)
• The content, thoughts and views expressed in the creatives / illustrations will be sole responsibility of the participating Artists. Ekta Parishad will not be held responsible for any content, views expressed by the artists in the creatives / illustrations developed.
• By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
Property rights – Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer (Ekta Parishad) or theme sponsor. Further the cartoonist provides Royalty- free and license to publish and publicly display the entries (Whether winning or not winning an award) for non-commercials purposes.
• By entering the competition, the cartoonist represents and warrants that the work is an original work of the cartoonist and does not infringe on the rights of any third parties.
• All selected works for exhibition may be used by the organizers to promote the contest .
• Awarded works remain the property of the organizer( Ekta Parishad).
• Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
• No correspondence with the jury will be allowed on their decisions.
India + Foreign
• First prize: 25,000/- INR
• Second prize: 20,000/- INR
• Third prize: 10,000/- INR
• Two consolation prizes: 5000/- INR each
• First prize: 25000/- INR
• Second prize – 20000/- INR
• Third prize: 10000/- INR
• Two Consolation prize – 5000/- INR each
Exhibition and award ceremony
• The results will be announced 15 January, 2022.
• An exhibition of the selected works will take place in the gallery.