Theme in 20-21st Humour a Gallarate International Cartoon Contest 2015: The Global Market
1) The contest is open to all professional cartoonists, caricaturists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. The contest is articulated in 3 sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature)
2) Theme: THE GLOBAL MARKET
Sections A) Graphics/Cartoon B) Satire C) Caricature.
It's possible to participate in all the sections.
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original, UNPUBLISHED WORK, and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry-form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back. The authors have to indicate the section for each work.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free.
The works produced with graphics programs, will be accepted for the competition ONLY if sent in hard copy, signed by the author. COPIES OF WORKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The works submitted in digital format, via email or digital devices, will not be considered for the awards, but only for the exhibition and the catalogue.
6) Deadline: March 15, 2015 (the post-mark will provide the proof)
7) Jury: the selection of works and the awarding of prizes is exclusive jurisdiction of the Jury, appointed by the Pro Loco Gallarate, that will meet on 28th of March 2015 in Gallarate. The jury's decision is final.
8) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best work between all sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - 1.000 €uro + diploma
1st Prize for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - 500 €uro + diploma
Special Prize of Jury for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - diploma
5 Special Mentions for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - diploma
Special Prize Osvaldo Cavandoli "Cava" (creator of the famous character "La Linea") for the best work of all sections, that combines humoristic beauty with the essentiality of graphic execution - 500 €uro + diploma
9) Exhibition: May 3 – June 30, 2015 at the Minoletti building, Garibaldi Square - Gallarate.
Opening ceremony: May 3, 2015 at 11:00 AM
All authors who will attend the opening ceremony are invited to a rustic lunch.
10) Catalogue: each selected author, exhibited in shows and published in the catalogue, will receive a complimentary copy of the same.
11) Property: the Organizers reserves the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. All the works will not be returned and will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
Entry-form on source: http://www.fanofunny.com/guests/humourgallarate/index.html.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10
21013 Gallarate (VA)
For further informations
Phone/Fax (+39)0331.774968 .