Just for Laughs International Visual Arts Contest 2014, Montréal, Canada
Visual artists, graphic designers, painters, designers and photographers are welcome to submit a new or existing piece of work. It must adhere to the criteria laid out below and address this yearʼs theme: FARCE.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 30th 2014, at 5 p.m (EST)
The exhibition will take place from July 12-26th, 2014 as part of the Just for Laughs Festival in Montreal, including a vernissage and an awards ceremony. Winners of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Public’s Choice prizes will be awarded the prestigious Victor trophy along with their prizes.
• Visual works need to be intentionally humorous and address this yearʼs theme, FARCE;
• For a two-dimensional work to be admissible, its dimensions must not exceed 36 inches by 44 inches. (92 cm by 112 cm);
• For a three-dimensional work to be admissible, its dimensions must not exceed 11 inches by 11 inches, with a height of 19 inches (28 cm by 28 cm by 49 cm).
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED
• A picture of the work, submitted by email;
• A text describing the work, along with its dimensions (approximately 150 words);
• Artistʼs biography (approximately 200 words);
• The participation form completed and signed.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
• Deadline to participate and submit application by email: May 30th, 2014, 5 p.m (EST)
• Deliberation by the jury for the selection of finalists (works to be exposed): week of June 2nd 2014;
• Selected artists will be contacted via email and phone by June 9th in order to proceed with the shipping of their work;
• Last date for works to be received in Montreal is June 27th, 2014 before 5 p.m (EST).
CONTACT email@example.com // 514-501-0262.