First International Tourism Cartoon Competition, Eskisehir - Turkey
Theme of the competition: Tourism
The First International Tourism Cartoon Competition is held with the cooperation of Anadolu University Research Center for Caricature Art, Association of Tourism Writers and Journalists and Anatolia: Turizm Araştırmaları Dergisi (Anatolia: A Journal of Tourism Research). Tourism is one of the fastest developing sectors in Turkey and all over the World. Individuals’ various experiences during leisure travels are evaluated within the concept of tourism. Cartoonists' comprehension of tourism related issues such as accommodation, transportation, travel agencies, food and beverage, entertainment, recreation, sightseeing, museums, environment, tourist-resident relationships and also of the developmental process and of experiences of tourism, constitute the aim of this competition.
* The competition is open to all amateur and professional cartoonists.
* Each performer is allowed to submit maximum three works.
* The cartoons submitted to the competition may be prepared as original drawings, digital printings or computer printouts. The drawing technique is open-ended. Drawings may be colourful or black and white. On the other hand, performers are required to put signatures on their drawings.
* Drawings must be minimum A4 (21x27,7cm) and maximum A3 (29.7x42.0cm) size and potential deformation during the sending process should be avoided. Participants are responsible for any deformation caused by the posting procedure.
* Participants must write their names, surnames and adressess behind their drawings. Also, they must complete the Participant Information Form placed below in the Windows Word format and post it together with their drawings.
* Cartoons sent may be of the ones previously published somewhere but previously awarded cartoons are not allowed to submit.
* Cartoons submitted for selection will be able to be printed in Anatolia: Turizm Araştırmaları Dergisi, Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research and in other printed materials of this organization such as books, catalogs, brochures, postcards and posters. All rights for any other publishing except these belong to the owner of drawing.
* Some selected part of the cartoons submitted for selection will be published in the album. Cartoonists whose drawings published in this album will be sent a copy of the album.
* Regardless of award-winning or taking place in the album, all the cartoons submitted for selection will not be returned and will be archieved in The Anadolu University Museum of Cartoon Art.
* All the cartoonists participated in the competition are implied to agree on the conditions and regulations of the competition.
* Award ceremony and the cartoon exhibition will be organized during the The 5th World Conference for Graduate Research in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure which will be held in Cappadocia Dedeman Hotel between 25-30 May 2010. Award-winner cartoonists will be hosted by the scientific committee during the conference.
* Submission deadline is 31 December 2009. The organization committee is not responsible for any delays caused by posting process.
The Grand Award: All inclusive holiday in a five star hotel in Turkey (7 days, 2 persons),
The Second Award: All inclusive holiday in a five star hotel in Turkey (6 days, 2 persons),
The Third Award: All inclusive holiday in a five star hotel in Turkey (5 days, 2 persons),
Postal address: Prof. Atila ÖZER, Anadolu University, Eğitim Karikatürleri Müzesi, Akcami Mah., Malhatun Sokak, No: 6 Odunpazarı, 26030 Eskişehir TURKEY