Coming to Croatia in 2008 a unique and original international cultural event the 2nd Zagreb Car Caricature Exhibition.
This year marks the 110th anniversary of the car's FIRST APPEARANCE in Croatia, a Benz model driven by Count Marko Bombelles, first president of the Croatia automobile Club (HAK), to his home in Vinica, near Varazdin. Zagreb, the capital, had to wait until 1901, when Prince Ferdinand Budicki (first secretary of HAK) drove a car to the city from Vienna, almost causing riots in the streets!
Since those early days the car, in all its guises, has become an essential part of everyday life. “His Majesty”, the car has become so necessary for work and play that it is difficult to imagine any activity which does not involve the use of an automobile; from basic functions such as travelling to and from work, to every type of economic, sport, cultural, political, recreational, tourist, health, military, police and “romantic” pursuit. It is omnipresent, ever desirable and IRREPLACEABLE! Life without a car is unimaginable, which is why we have given this beloved vehicle a principal and permanent role in our caricature exhibition which, this year, has the theme: OUR EVERYDAY CAR PARKING.
The main sponsors for this year are the City of Zagreb and Zagreb Holdings, who are presenting the Grand Prize, and the Croatian Automobile Club (HAK) Zagreb Branch, who are awarding the First Prize. The other sponsors will be revealed on the opening day 28/05/2008 in the lobby of the Autobusni kolodvor (Main Bus Station), Zagreb - a location specially chosen to appeal to both caricature fans and the thousands of travellers and visitors to Croatia's capital city.
This exhibition provides Zagreb, and Croatia, with an annual cultural and artistic show which is rapidly attracting an international following - with a theme instantly recognisable by all cars in our daily work and life.
Please despatch caricatures and application forms to the following address to arrive by 21st April 2008:
Huna d.o.o Srebrnjak 55,
10000 Zagreb Croatia.
We very much look forward to receiving your entry and to meeting you at the exhibition. Many thanks for your participation and here's hoping your caricature will be selected for the exhibition and the catalogue!
Full details, terms and conditions, and application forms are available on the organiser's web page (www.huna.hr), the blog autokarkature.blog.hr, and, in co-operation with the Croatian Caricature Association, at http://www.hdk.hr/.
You can also contact us by phone +385 (1) 2430 302, fax +385 (1) 2430 217, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Ivan Palatinuš (English, German, Spanish)
For HUNA d.o.o.
There is nothing quite like a car. Wherever we turn this omnipresent menace (or should we say “sensible means of transport”) is with us. But where would we be without one? Could we really face our friends and neighbours without our “four-wheeled friend”? Even if it means our bankaccount is more often in the “red” than the “black” if we see a car we like - we MUST HAVE IT!
In many societies a car is a status symbol which says to everyone just how cool, trendy or well-off the driver is. More CC's, expensive stereos or funky add-ons all add up to create our own personal advertisement. Being different or innovative is cool, too. Fancy a swimming pool in the back of your car? Too late, that's already been done! Anyway, most of us can only afford a DIY sink… Of course, we must not forget that cars are thought of as phallic symbols by many men (and women, too!). Even the cheapest two-seater sports car can boost your potency and self-confidence… and there is no doubt that some ladies love something hot and throbbing to play with! And, talking about the ladies, we must not forget that they love their cars as well. Some of them even like to give their cars cutesy kitten names... like “Love-bug” or “Fluffy”…
But whatever car YOU drive, remember it has a PERSONALITY… and that is what the exhibition is all about! So come along to the 2nd International Car Caricature Exhibition in Zagreb 2008. You know it makes sense… And there is plenty of parking space for your “personality extension”, too!
A Note from the Organisers
1. All caricaturists (and those wishing to be one) on the planet Earth have the right to participate.
2. Each entrant may submit a maximum of 2 caricatures
3. The format for caricatures is either A4 or A5.
4. Caricatures must be submitted on paper, (either drawn or as a computer print) and signed by the artist. Photocopies and other forms of duplication will not be accepted.
5. Caricatures will be exhibited following selection by the judges appointed by the Organisers, Huna d.o.o. Zagreb.
6. The Organisers will present the following awards:
GRAND PRIZE…… 4,000 € or 30,000 Kn
1st PRIZE………….. 1,000 € or 7,500 Kn
2nd PRIZE…………. 800 € or 5,500 Kn
3rd PRIZE………..... 500 € or 3,500 Kn
Two special recognition prizes: each 300 € or 2.200 Kn
In addition to monetary prizes, each winner will receive a certificate
7. Each participant in the exhibition will be represented in the exhibition catalogue with one caricature selected by the Organisers.
8. Every artist whose work is exhibited is entitled to a free copy of the exhibition catalogue.
9. The subject matter of the exhibition is: Our everyday car - parking
10. Prizes will be awarded by a committee of at least seven persons, of whom five will be sponsor representatives and two will be experts appointed the Organisers.
11. Caricatures which are awarded prizes become the property of the sponsor awarding the prize to the artist or remain the property of the Organisers.
12. Caricatures which are not awarded prizes become the property of the Organisers or, at the explicit request of the artist, can be returned (on payment of shipping costs) or may be collected from Huna d.o.o. six months after the exhibition.
13. All exhibited artists give the right to the Organisers to use, publish and exhibit caricatures, without compensation or payment, for the promotion of future exhibitions and projects.
14. The Organisers reserve the right to utilise caricatures with third-parties to promote the artist and the exhibition.
15. By submitting caricatures to the 2nd International Car Caricature Exhibition Zagreb 2008 the artist agrees and accepts and the terms of participation.
16. Caricatures will be accepted for inclusion in the exhibition until 21.04.2008 at the Organisers address.
17. The exhibition will take place in the lobby of the Autobusni kolodvor (Main bus Station) in Zagreb on 28.05.2008.
Info & application form: http://www.huna.hr/en/Default.aspx