SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION of POLITICAL SATIRE
LIBEX 2022 - FOUNDATION GIUSEPPE DI VAGNO (1889-1921)
“TOWARDS THE END OF HUMANITY?”
And in collaboration with Cartooning for Peace and www.voxeurop.eu
THEME: TOWARDS THE END OF HUMANITY?
Key words: Inequalities / denied rights / famine / migration / poverty / pandemics / wars / hegemonies / dictatorships / misinformation / ignorance.
For the first time in its long history, humanity is in increasing, perhaps inevitable, danger of extinction as a result of human activity.
Until yesterday, we were focused on the growing ecological threats. Air, water, sea and nature pollution, global warming and climate change have reached unsustainable levels. Human survival is at stake.
Since 24 February 2022, the existence of planet Earth is once again threatened by the outbreak of a nuclear war! A risk we had forgotten since the end of the Cold War.
With this return of tragic times, humanity may collapse. While waiting a doomsday scenario, humans must reconcile with themselves and with their history. They must understand that this is not only an environmental issue but above all a geopolitical, political, economic and social issues. On a global scale.
Inequality, violated rights, demography, migration, poverty, pandemics, wars, geopolitical power struggles and hegemonies, dictatorships, misinformation, ignorance, are all open issues that can produce world upheavals in a short time.
Humanity must act, and act quickly. Humans are their own fate.
1-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF Cartoons: 1 June 2022
2-PARTICIPATION: Open competition to all specialized cartoonists.
3-CARTOONS: Each participant can propose 1 and maximum 2 works realized during the last years, but not awarded or presented in other competitions.
The works should preferably be without text.
If a text is required, it must be accompanied by a translation into English or Italian.
4-SUBMISSION of Cartoons and entry form:
Exclusively via: https://eu.jotform.com/myforms/?path=%2Fmyforms
- The entry form must be completed in full in order to allow the exhibition and publication of the cartoons and CVs, as well as ensure contacts with the authors;
- The attached works must be sent in electronic format, in high definition, in JPEG, TIFF or PNG format.
Minimum resolution of 300 dpi, in JPG or TIFF format in maximum quality.
Attention : Entries that do not meet the requirements (articles 1, 2, 3 and 4) will be eliminated.
5-SELECTION OF cartoons:
- A pre-jury will select the 55 semifinalists.
- An international jury, made up of international cartoonists, journalists and chaired by Thierry Vissol, the director of Libex, will select three winners, and the 10 cartoons with an honorable mention.
6-Libex PRIZE - Giuseppe di Vagno Foundation (1889-1921).
• 1st prize: € 600,00
• 2nd prize: € 400,00
• 3rd prize: € 200,00
• The ten first cartoons selected by the Jury will also be published as postcards.
- The award ceremony will take place on the 26th of September 2020 on the occasion of the closing of the 18th edition of the Festival Lector In Fabula.
- If security conditions permit, the award ceremony will take place in the presence of the winning artists.
- Travel and accommodation expenses of the winners will be covered by the Giuseppe Di Vagno Foundation.
8-EXHIBITION & CATALOGUE
The 55 semifinalists’ cartoons will be exhibited in the cloister of the Monastery of San Benedetto in Conversano (BA - Italy) and published in a full-colour printed catalogue.
9-RIGHTS OF THE SUBMITTED WORKS:
By participating in the competition, the authors transfer to the Centre Libex-Fondazione Giuseppe Di Vagno (1889-1921) the non-exclusive right to publish the works on any medium for promotional purposes, without claiming any copyright or reproduction rights.
For any problems or questions regarding the exhibition and the prizes, please contact:
Secretariat: Alessia Ciuffolini - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not use your data for any purpose other than this competition or for commercial purposes. We will not share them with third parties.
Libex-Fondazione Giuseppe di Vagno (1889-1921)
Via San benedetto, 18 - FR- 70014 Conversano (BA)