The theme of this festival is based upon the well-known poem of the major Persian and Muslim poet, Saadi Shirazi of 13th century:
Human beings are members of a whole,
In creation of one essence and soul.
If one member is afflicted with pain,
Other members uneasy will remain.
If you’ve no sympathy for human pain,
The name of human you cannot retain!
Theme of the Festival: “Humanity”
- Denial of nations’ rights through various forms of sanctions including agricultural, medical, communicative, transportation, food, and etc.
- Sympathy, philanthropy, and helping those in need, the vulnerable communities and the peers.
- Respecting others’ magnificence, nobility, as well as equality of all human beings in the eyes of God, and condemning racism and the customary and non-customary discrimination against various classes of the society (economic, scientific, immigrant, …).
- National & international unification against natural and unnatural disasters (epidemies, war, flood, earthquake, storm, tsunami, and …).
- Each participant may submit a maximum number of 6 art works.
- The submitted works are required not to have won any prizes in the past.
- The works should be submitted in the jpg format, be of a 300 dpi resolution, and be 2000 pixels in length or width.
- Participating artists are required to submit their particulars including their full name, postal address, email address, telephone number, photo and CV in a Microsoft office word file.
- Artists whose works reach the final stage of the festival shall receive a catalogue; the PDF file of the catalogue shall be sent to all participants. Participants whose works enter the festival shall receive an electronic certificate of participation.
- Upon submission of art work, the participant empowers the secretariat of the festival to use the art work in advertising, exhibitions, and also print it in the festival journal, on the web and in the press under the name of its creator.
- Participants may use any techniques for creation of their work.
- Participants may submit their works via e-mail.
First Prize: 800 euros, a valuable Iranian handcraft, Festival Commendation Certificate and Statuette.
Second Prize: 600 euros, a valuable Iranian handcraft, Festival Commendation Certificate and Statuette.
Third Prize: 400 euros, a valuable Iranian handcraft, Festival Commendation Certificate and Statuette.
Exclusive Awards for International Artists: Valuable Iranian handcraft, Commendation Certificate and Medal for 10 participants.
Deadline: 20 March 2021 (EXTENDED:) 20 April 2021 >> 30 April 2021
Address for sending artworks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Festival site & source: www.cartoonmag.com.