I. Participation conditions
1. SATYRYKON 2021 International Exhibition is an open competition.
2. The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals, completed within the recent two years (2019-2020), and qualified by artists to one of the following sections:
I – theme: FAMILY
II – SATIRE & JOKE (drawings without captions are preferred)
3. WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the SATYRYKON competition.
4. Works are to be delivered via e-mail by 31st December 2020 (no later than 11.59 p.m., Polish time zone) at email@example.com
5. Up to three works may be submitted for each section of the competition. Accepted work format: A3 (297x420mm) at maximum, 5 MB per picture, saved in JPEG format. In the case of objects that cannot be sent by e-mail (e.g. sculptures), please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Works should be accompanied a short biographical note and a filled application form (PLEASE USE CAPITALS). By providing their personal information, the authors consent to data processing and the public use of the image.
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. Jury will award the following prizes:
* Grand Prix SATYRYKON 2021 – pure gold key and purse amounting to 10.000 PLN
* 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 7.000 PLN each
* 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN each
* 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN each
* and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each
* Mayor of Legnica in amount of 4.000 PLN award
* Director of Legnica Culture Centre in amount of 4.000 PLN award for a photography work
The organisers are expecting extra awards for laureates: for the Author of THE BEST DEBUT and the Author of THE STUDENT DEBUT to be accompanied by a solo exhibition at the Satyrykon Gallery within the programme of SATYRYKON 2020 events.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, i.e. to change their number, not to award them, or not to award the Grand Prix SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final.
The index of works qualified for the post-competition exhibition will be announced on 29th January 2021 at Satyrykon webpage: www.satyrykon.pl.
The qualified works will be presented at the post-competition exhibition on condition their originals are delivered by the Authors no later than on 18th February 2021 (works present at the organizers premises) to the following address:
International SATYRYKON Exhibition – Legnica 2021
The competition results will be announced on 22nd February 2021.
3. Participation in the competition is free of charge. The work originals will be returned on condition that the Author donates one of the works of her/his choice to the Satyrykon Gallery – as a form of compensation for posting costs. In case there is no clear Author’s indication, the organizer may post the work back on the Author’s cost. Details of payment and return will be arranged in individual e-mail correspondence.
n o t e !
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition and their collecting the awards by December 15, 2021, or the awards can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author.
III. Participants’ privileges
1. Authors of the works qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue and a free-of-charge place in the catalogue.
2. Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2021 event on June 18-20, 2021.
3. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in Poland and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2022.
WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL (please contact us:
IV. Final provisions
1. Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
3. The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publication of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
5. Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: email@example.com,) is the organiser of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2021.
S c h e d u l e:
Work acceptance deadline: 31st December 2020 at 11:59 p.m.(Polish time zone)
Qualification for competition exhibition will be announced on 29th January 2021 at Satyrykon website
Deadline for work originals delivery: 18th February 2021
Jury meeting February 19-21, 2021
The competition results will be announced on 22nd February 2021
Post-competition exhibition June 6 – August 30, 2021
Return of the works after the exhibition cycle December 3, 2022.