XXII International Open Cartoon Contest PLASTIC, Zielona Góra 2020, PolandTHEME: PLASTIC
RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. THE ORGANIZER
The competition is organized by the Cyprian Norwid Regional and City Public Library in Zielona Góra.
1. Both professional and amateur cartoonists are eligible to enter the contest. Unlimited number of personally made original works (format min. A5 max. A3) in an optional technique with application card, should be sent or delivered by May 31st, 2020 (EXTENDED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:) July 31st, 2020 to the following address:
Wojewódzka i Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna im. Cypriana Norwida
al.Wojska Polskiego 9
65-077 Zielona Góra
skr. pocztowa: 170
2. Only non-awarded works may take part in the competition.
3. Each work should be signed by the author.
4. By participating in the competition, each participant agrees to a free donation of works submitted to the competition to the Organizer.
5. Participants agree to publication of their work free of charge.
6. By personal participation in the post-competition exhibition, the participants agree to the processing of their images captured by photography and for sharing the images to promote Organizer's cultural events.
7. The condition for paying out the prizes to the winners is their personal participation in the post-competition exhibition or indication of the bank and account number to which the prize is to be transferred. Participation in the competition, as well as works and obligations related to it, including any prize claims, cannot be transferred to third parties.
8. The cost of sending the work is covered by the participant.
1. Announcement and publication of the Contest: March 2020
2. Deadline for receiving works: 31st May 2020 (EXTENDED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:) 31st July 2020
3. Jury Sitting: August 2020
4. Announcement of the Jury decision and the opening of the post-competition exhibition: September 2020.
IV. THE JURY
1. The Jury comprises of the Organizer's representatives as well as artists dealing with art in practice or as theoreticians.
2. The Organizer has the right to change the amount of particular prizes, nonetheless, the total amount of prizes shall remain unchanged.
GRAND PRIX: 5.000 PLN and Statuette
1st PLACE: 4.000 PLN
2nd PLACE: 3.000 PLN
3rd PLACE: 2.000 PLN
1. Only authorial works of submitting persons may be entered to the Competition and these persons have exclusive personal and property rights to the submitted works.
2. At the time of submitting the works to the Library, the authors transfer property rights to the Library free of charge.
3. The authors of the submitted works take responsibility for claims on the copyrights by other parties.
VII. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
In connection with the entry into force on 25 May 2018 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repeal of the Directive 95/46/EC, hereinafter referred to as "the Regulation", in order to fulfill the information obligation specified in Article 13 of the Regulation we inform about the rules for processing personal data of contest participants and the rights of participants in this contest.
1. The Organizer is the administrator of personal data of the competition participant.
2. The Data Protection Officer is Rafal Wielgus, e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 68 411 40 00.
3. Personal data of competition participants will be processed on the basis of the provisions of art.6 par. 1 letter a of Regulation.
4. Recipients of personal data of participants of the competition may only be entities authorized in justified cases and on the basis of relevant legal provisions.
5. The data is obtained from the competition participant.
6. Personal data collected during the processing will be stored for the time specified by law.
7.The competition participant has the right to request from the Organizer as an administrator of personal data of the competition participant to access their personal data, the right to rectify them, remove or limit processing, the right to object processing.
8. In the case of information about unlawful processing of personal data, the participant of the competition has the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body competent in matters of personal data protection.
9. Providing personal data by the participant is voluntary. The consequence of not providing the required personal data will be the inability to take part in the competition carried out by the Organizer.
10. Personal data of the participant will not be processed in an automated manner and will not be profiled.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The Organizer is the final judge in the interpretation of these regulations.
2. The Organizer is not responsible for damage or loss during transportation.
3. The Organizer of the competition is planning to publish the catalogue and reserves the right to choose drawings for the catalogue and the post-competition exhibition.
4. By sending works to the contest the entrants agree to the mentioned rules and regulations.
(Deadline updated 05.06.2020 01.30).