REGIONAL ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM – PLOVDIV
UNIVERSITY OF AGRIBUSINESS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT – PLOVDIV
PLOVDIV CARTOONISTS ASSOCIATION
MASTERS OF CARICATURE
Wealth and Charity
The caricature is universal language with hidden messages, “dressed” in humour.
Its goal is to make everybody smile, even when they suffer of life in hardship. “In order to receive, learn to give.” This folk wisdom has been experienced and well suffered.
“If you have two shirts, give one to the poor.” was written in the Bible. For some people wealth is in the possession of money and property. Others find it in love and wisdom…
Richness gives privileges, but it also obliges. Wealth can provide indulgence for the rich, but it can also mean another day of life for the poor. Is what some find valuable, valuable for others too? Should you possess, in order to give? Values and wealth meet in the act of donation.
In this Biennial, we will see how caricaturists will draw the shades of wealth and charity. Whether old wisdom will interweave with new mores and what will come out from it remains to be seen.
Address for submission:
Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov str.
1. The Biennial for Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world;
2. Each participant should send up at least one piece of work 210/297 (A4 format);
3. The caricatures may be colourful or black-and-white;
4. Participants should send their caricatures by 31 July 2017;
5. Caricatures, sent only via email do not participate in the Biennial.
6. It is advisable that together with their caricatures, participants also send a photograph or take-off and CV;
7. An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title Master of Caricature;
8. Awarded caricatures are not sent back;
9. The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form;
10. The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and venue: October, 1-st 2017, at 18:00
in the Regional Ethnographic Museum.
Submission deadline: July 31, 2017
The nominated works will be kept in Works of Fine Art Stock of Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
Phone: ++ 359 32 626328; ++ 359 32 626339.