Humour a Gallarate International Cartoon Contest Grand Prix 'Marco Biassoni'
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world
2) Theme: MODERN ART
Sections: A) Graphics/Cartoon, B) Satire, C) Caricature.
Beginning this year, there will also be instituted a special Section dedicated to Osvaldo Cavandoli - in art "Cava" - creator of the famous character "La Linea".
It's possible to participate in all the sections.
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry-form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back.
The author have to indicate the section for each work/s.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free. Common graphic and digital prints will be accepted but only if signed by the author. Copies of ink and pencil drawings are not applicable. The works sent in digital form, by email or informatic devices, will not be considered for the awarding of prizes of Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni"; the works will be taken into consideration only for the exhibition and for the catalogue.
All the works, included works sent in digital form, will be taken into consideration only for the "Cava" Prize.
6) Deadline: September 27, 2010 (the post-mark will provide the proof)
7) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best work
1st Prize / Special Prize of Jury / 5 Special Mentions for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature)
"Cava" Prize for the best work that combines humoristic beauty with the essentiality of graphic execution.
8) Exhibition: October 17 - 24, 2010 at the "MAGA" Museum Art Gallarate.
Opening ceremony: October 17, 2010 at 11,00 AM
9) Catalogue: each selected author will receive a copy
10) Property: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. All the works will not be returned and will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10,
21013 Gallarate (VA) ITALY
Click and download the Entry-form (doc format)
For further informations:
Post a Comment