The fourteenth edition of the International Cartoon Contest is organized by the "Pro Loco" of Gallarate, at cultural purpose, for testify the considerable creative contents of the humouristic concept and graphic that will contribute at the development of a conscious, innovative, pluralistic and tolerant society.
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world
2) Theme: THE FIRE (Passion, energy, destruction, technique, warmth, firemen, pyromaniacs...)
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry-form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free. Common graphic and digital prints will be accepted but only if signed by the author. Copies of ink and pencil drawings are not applicable.
6) Deadline: October 6, 2008 (the post-mark will provide the proof)
7) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes: Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni"; 6 Special Prizes
8) Exhibition: October 25 - 2 November, 2008 at Broletto Palace.
Opening ceremony: October 26, 2008
9) Catalogue: each selected author will receive a copy
10) Property: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. All the works will not be returned and will be included in the " Humour Gallarate Collection ".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10,
21013 Gallarate (VA) ITALY
Click and download the Entry-form
For any further information and communication:
Segreteria Pro Loco Gallarate tel/fax (+39)0331-774968
Wow. Very interesting blog and the cartoon contest looks good. I didn't realise before that there was an International Cartoon Contest.
Post a Comment