Organization: Câmara Municipal de Penela / Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal
Curator: Osvaldo Macedo de Sousa (email@example.com)
1) The contest is open to all caricaturists living in Europe
2) The subject matter of the exhibition is: Justice (the lawyers exercise, being a Judge, the Laws, Justice, the Courts…)
3) Each artist can send until 4 works in black and white with the maximum format of A4, in all techniques and styles (the works done by computer sent in a computer support - CD or disquette with 300dpis or Jpeg - must also be submitted in a A4 print , hand signed and numbered 1/1) as caricature , cartoon, humor drawing, comic strip , comics (story in one page only)… and these should be identified on the back of the drawing with the name of the artist, address, email, telephone number and income tax number.
4) The works will be awarded by a Jury and the awards will be :
1st prize - € 2.000,0
2nd prize - € 1.500,00
3rd prize - € 1.000,00
5) The Jury hás the right not to exhibit any submitted work with no quality
6) The Caricatures which are awarded prizes become the property of the organisers. After the exhibition, all the other works will be returned to the artists with a catalogue
7) All exhibited artists give the right to the organisers to use, publish and exhibit caricatures without compensation or payment , for the promotion of the exhibition
8) Works must be submitted until April 28th 2008 to I Bienal de Humor Luís d’Oliveira Guimarães, Sector de Cultura, Câmara Municipal de Penela, Praça do Município, 3230-253 Penela - Portugal
9) The I Bienal de Humor Luis d’Oliveira Guimarães will take place between June 7h and September 22nd 2008.