Tema: “WORLD LANGUAGES”
In our world today 6800 languages are spoken in over 200 countries. Even in the countries having the same language exist dialects. Consequently each country adds its own social values to the language and makes it more colorful. On the other hand, in the latest 500 years about 750 languages are disappeared forever. According to the linguists, every 15 days a language is disappearing on the earth. One of the crucial reasons for this devastation is colonialism for sure.
There is a dialogue among languages as well. For example Latin lies at the root of many languages. In connecting people language plays an important role; while doing so it can build borders and remove them as well. Chinese is the most widespread language in the world. Second comes Spanish. English is the state language of 52 countries as you can surmise.
Even if we cannot imagine a positive religious dialogue we can talk about a worldwide linguistic dialogue which is much more attractive and active. The aim of our contest is to convey this rich variety through cartoons as much as possible. The most succesful cartoonists in reflecting the linguistic dialogue will be rewarded by the worldwide top 15 jury of cartoonists whose members are also in the “Don Quichotte Cartoon Committee”.
THE RULES OF COMPETITION:
1) With participation in competition is possible only by Internet: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
2) The participating work may have been published neither with another competition presented nor on any way. With an offence, the deprivation of the achieved prizes is the result.
3) The designs are to be drawn in A3-Size to deliver in 300 dpi dissolution and in JPEG format. They know both and black-and-white, and to be colored, the coloured representation is exactly the same as the colortechnical treatment of the work is incumbent on not a containment.
4) The sent in caricatures are issued first on the web pages of the “Don Quichotte” under the column “Today”. Thus the work those is excluded the regulation to contradict, promptly from the competition. Thus in the past the pretty often experienced unauthorized counterfeit, of a work is avoided.
5) The closing date of the competition is 31 Juli 2008.
6) The jury, which consists from international well-known cartoonists, evaluates the forwarded art-works in September. Results of this evaluation and the award-winning art-works will be published on 1st Octobre 2008.
7) The award of the prize will take place in the context of the opening of the exhibition in Oktober in Esslingen (place and date of this meeting are communicated at a later time).
- First Prize: $ 1000
- Second Prize: $ 750
- Third Prize: $ 500
- Spezial Prize of “Necati Abacı”
JURY: Agim Sulaj (İtalia) - Ares (Cuba) - Benjamin Heine (Belgium) - Carlos Brito (France) - Carlos Latuff (Brazil) - David Baldinger (USA) - Erdoğan Karayel (Germany) - Firuz Kutal (Norway) - Hasan Fazlic (Bosnia & Herzegovina) - Hicabi Demirci (Turkey) - Julian Pena Pai (Romania) - Marcin Bondarowicz (Poland) - Marlene Pohle (Germany) - Massoud Shojai (İran) - Seyran Caferli (Azerbaijan) - Stephan Stötzler (Germany).