DENİZLİ METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
2. INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST
We will organize Denizli Metropolitan Municipality 2. International Cartoon Contest by organizing our cartoon contest, which we have held on a national scale for the first three years, internationally this year as well as last year.
We’ve decided the topic of the contest as Family.
The family is a structure that the opposite sexes found with a formal contract by coming together. In other words, it is the smallest community consisting of the man and the woman who are connected by marriage and also their child (or children) who is (are) born in consequence of this marriage by blood relation.
In addition to the relationships among family members, their relationships with the society and environment they live in are also important. Since families are the basic structures that form the society, the durability of the family structure is also very crucial for the society.
The family is the cornerstone of societies. Although the family has an important place in every society, its importance in Turkish culture is quite different. In the traditional family structure, there are grandmothers and grandfathers as well as mothers, fathers and children.
As family and society are connected with each other, the relations between the mother and the father, the relations of the parents with the children and the outcomes arising from these relations become directly related to the society. So, when we analyze the family, we see the reflection of many concenpts such as education, training, sadness, happiness, birth, death, bitter and sweet events, relationships between husband and wife, marriage, divorce, trust, distrust, sharing, cooperation, love, affection, urban life, social relations, etc.
In 2012, our municipality was awarded the first place with ‘I Love My Family’ project in the project competition in which 127 municipalities from all over Turkey participated. Within the scope of our project: ‘I Love My Family’- the first project in Denizli about this theme- we have carried out many successful projects from healthy marriage school to pregnancy school, from family refereeing to training seminars and conferences, from family counseling centers to free sports courses.
This time, we want to bring up the concept of the family and its importance with your valuable interpretations as master cartoonists. We desire to release the positive reflections of being a family and the negative reflections of not being a family to the public with your comments, thereby we wish to contribute to the awareness of people.
Dear precious cartoonists, I’d like to thank you for your contributions and wish you success.
Denizli Metropolitan Municipality
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The topic of the contest: Family
2.Deadline: Cartoons must be uploaded on www.denizli.bel.tr/karikaturyarismasiEN/ (official municipality website) until 12.00 (a.m) on 20 March 2022, Sunday (EXTENDED:) 23 March 2022, Wednesday.
3.The contest is open to amateur and professional cartoonists all over the world.
4. It is not required that the cartoons which will be sent to the contest have been published or not in previous contests. However, the cartoons you will send must not have been awarded in another contest before. Cartoons that the selection committee (jury) deems the same or similar or the ones specified as another cartoonist’s belonging by the committee will not be evaluated.
5.You can participate in the contest with maximum three cartoons.
6. Cartoonists will send their cartoons digitally to our contest. Every cartoon must be in A4 size, between 150-300 dpi, JPEG format and minumum 1 MB maximum 10 MB capacity.
7. Some cartoons which will be choosen from among the received cartoons by the jury will be collected in a cartoon album. The works of cartoon deemed worthy to be exhibited will also be displayed whenever and whereever Denizli Metropolitan Municipality deems suitable. No fee will be paid for the works of cartoon choosen by the jury for the exhibition and the album.
8. One-night accommodation and meal expenses of the winners of the cartoon contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
Selection committee (The Jury Members):
* Serhat Akbulut (Assistant General Secretary)
* Hüdaverdi Otaklı (Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department) - Coordinator
* Arif Duru (Director of Culture and Art)
* Samet Başer (Director of Tourism and Publicity)
* Şevket Yalaz (Cartoonist)
* Savaş Ünlü (Humourist)
* Mehmet Selçuk (Cartoonist)
* Abdülkadir Uslu (Cartoonist)
* Altan Özeskici (Cartoonist)
* Ali Şur (Cartoonist)
* Kübra DELİGÖZ (Cartoonist).
First Prize Winner: 7.500 TL
Second Prize Winner: 5.000 TL
Third Prize Winner: 3.500 TL
Honorable Mention (3 pieces of prize): 1.500 TL
The Prize for Under 18 Years Old (3 pieces of prize): 1.000 TL.
The Calendar of Contest:
A.The deadline of application for the contest is 20 March (EXTENDED:) 23 March 2022, 12.00 (a.m) on Wednesday.
B.The evaluation meeting of the jury will be conducted on 26 March 2022 (on Saturday) and 27 March 2022 (on Sunday).
Announcement of the results: The results will be announced on the official websites of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality "https://www.denizli.bel.tr" and "eng.denizli.bel.tr" on 30 March 2022 (on Wednesday).
Prize-giving Ceremony: Prize-giving ceremony and exhibition will be organized in Turan Bahadır Exhibition Hall on 13 May 2022 (on Friday). (The date and the location of the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition can be changed by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.)
No matter cartoons get reward or not, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality will become right owner to use all cartoons providing that participants’ names are clearly mentioned, in accordance with the law No.5846.
The participants will have accepted that the rights of use their works will be transferred to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality free of charge to be used in all activities, promotions, events and trainings of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
In addition, The Municipality has rights of use their works for providing materials such as poster, catalogue, brochure, gifted book and etc. and publishing in the media.
Furthermore, Denizli Metropolitan Municipality has also the rights of use their works to reproduce, disseminate, distribute and demonstrate.
The works of the participant, which received or did not receive an award, can be used in print media, radio and television and also other mass media in accordance with the purposes of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality, from the moment of the delivery.
Moreover, participants accept and undertake that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality takes over the rights of use the their works by means of broadcasts on the internet, brochures, catalogues, agendas, posters, CDs, DVDs and each digital media or calendars.
The participant declares that the work sent to the contest belongs entirely to herself/himself. Due to this work, the participant undertakes that she/he is the sole and absolute addressee of the requests of third parties that may arise from Law No:5846 (Intellectual and Artistic Works) and other laws. Besides, the participant also accepts that the legal and criminal responsibility for the work belongs entirely to himself/herself. In addition, the participant undertakes that Denizli Metropolitan Municipality does not have any legal and criminal liability regarding the matters forementioned (the right of recourse to the owner of the work is reserved).
The right of the works belongs to Denizli Metropolitan Municipality as the organizing institution of the contest and the owner of the work.
Participants are deemed to have already accepted the terms & conditions of the contest and jury decisions. If disagreements between Denizli Metropolitan Municipality and contestant arise in regards to undefined matters in the agreement or in case of doubt, the selection committee (jury) will arbitrate between both sides. In case of disagreement, this commitee will be authorized.
Kübra Deligöz (Artist of Culture and Social Affairs Department /Cartoonist)
Mobile: +90 (554) 647 26 85
Telephone central: +90 (258) 280 20 20
Address: Denizli Büyükşehir Belediyesi, Altıntop Mahallesi, Lise Sokak, No:2
Postalcode: 20100 Denizli
1. Accomodation and meal expenses of participants both living outside Denizli and getting award in the contest will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
2. Accomodation and meal expenses of awarded minor and his/her only one parent will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
3. Transportation and accomodation expenses of the jury members who will attend to prize-giving ceremony will be provided by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.
4. The prizes of the awarded participants will be sent to their addresses, if they can’t attend the prize-giving ceremony. Their prize money will be transffered to their bank account. If a right owner getting prize money doesn’t share IBAN informations, his/her prize money right will prescribe after one year later from the date of announcing the results. If the condition of the prescription happens, the right owner can’t claim any right about reward, copyright, etc. (Transfer fees will be deducted from the net fee paid to the contestants.)
5. Some works which will be chosen by the jury as deemed worthy to be exhibited will be collected in a digital album by Denizli Metropolitan Municipality. This album will be shared on the official website of Denizli Metropolitan Municipality.