The most relevant Colombian cartoon artist, born in Rionegro, Antioquia (1894 – 1931), called “The emperor” of cartoon.
One of the most perceptive and refined XX century Latinamerican humorists, in his work the humor was satire.
He stood out specially for his political cartoon.
His cartoons were true radiographs of events and individuals. He was a pioneer of graphic advertising in Colombia.
27th CARTOONRENDON INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
26 years in tribute to Ricardo Rendón Bravo, The Festival, unique in Colombia’s history for it’s trajectory and continuity, has ennabled to see the perception of authors from more than 92 countries, protagonists of the changes and experiences of towns that through their humor contribute to humanity’s development.
The sharp intelect and his universal language, achieve throughout cartoon, the dream and hope to erase territorial borders as ideological borders that keep us from living in harmony and inhibit us from visualize freedom as a principle of peace and coexistence.
1) The contest is open to all of cartoon artist worldwide.
2) The last day for participation is on Wednesday, November 18 of 2020.
3) The contest’s Theme is:
LEARNINGS FROM THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Today the Covid-19 pandemic has shaken the world, we see the fear and suffering that it has produced, while we have experienced a state of global quarantine. The pandemic highlights the scope of social inequalities and teaches us that we must change many things to improve the world, from respecting the natural environment, rethinking education-culture and the integral values of being.
Every crisis brings an opportunity, the coronavirus brought its own ... What will be yours? That of your people? What have we learned from the pandemic?
4) Each participant can submit a maximum of three cartoons to the contest.
5) It’s possible to participate with black and white or colored cartoons.
6) We kindly request that those who will participate in our contest, fill out the entry form and send their cartoons digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org attached as a doc. in A4 size, 300 dpi, JPEG or TIFF format, a maximum of 3 MB per cartoon, including the registration form (name, surname, postal address, country, email address, short biography, photo) until November 18, 2020.
7) You can also participate in the contest with cartoons that have already been published or awarded previously, all the cartoons presented must be original.
8) Selected cartoon artists will recieve a virtual catalog.
9) The jury will be compossed by national and international cartoon artists.
10) Results will be announced on about the end of November of 2020 and the winners must send the originals to the organization within 20 days.
11) The presented cartoons won’t be returned, they’ll be part of the collection of the future Rionegro’s Cartoon Museum in agreement with Cartoonrendon agent.
12) Filling out the application of participation and sending it involves that the contestants give their authorization to Rionegro’s town hall and Cartoonrendon to publish their work on any printed or digital media with all rights, including the transfer of these rights to thirds without any limit of time, place and number of publications. Besides, Rionegro’s town hall and/or Cartoonrendon will have the right to show, file and publish the works in other media not mentioned here. By sending the applicattion these conditions are considered as accepted.
13) The organization reserves the right to exhibit works considered to attempt against individual or colective rights. The participation supposes the full acceptance of terms and conditions.
They are subject to taxes according to tax regulations. And they will be paid to the TRM.
1° Prize – 1.000 US
2° Prize – 500 US
3° Prize – 300 US
4° Prize – 200 US
The Festival will take place between November 20 and 22, and the award ceremony on November 20, at the MAR Museum of Arts, in the city of Santiago de Arma de Rionegro. Work must be sent to:
FICHA DE INSCRIPCIÒN / ENTRY FORM on source.