XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor Cuba 2019
Cuban humorists and historians inspired by the motto "Humans with rights" invite cartoonists around the world to defend individualities, as a proposal to come together and fight for a world where human rights are respected.
FROM THE GRAPHIC HUMOR CONTEST
Participation in the meeting is open to all cartoonists from around the world who can compete with a free theme and the original works must be sent printed or in digital format- with the signature of the author - made in any technique, with a maximum format of 30 x 40 cm. It is possible to compete in:
- General Humor
- Political satire
- Humorous comic
- Personal Cartoon
- Humorous photography
- Tomy online prize for political humor - in memory of the beloved cartoonist Tomás Rodríguez Zayas, who would be turning 70 in 2019 - which on this occasion will have as its theme "Migration, the background of a tragedy" (JPG 300 dpi).
Each author may submit one work for each of the categories, plus the Tomy on line Prize.
The works may be submitted in digital format (JPG 300 dpi), printed on photographic paper, or made on cardboard, always specifying the following information about the author:
• Names and surnames (also artistic name)
• Home Address
• E-mail address
The same data must be included in the information of the digital works, the holder of the file with the name of the author and country of origin, as well as clarifying in the body of the message and the subject if the work is for the Tomy online Prize.
Digital works may be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Those made in cardboard or printed, must be conveniently packaged. All of them will be received at UPEC headquarters until February 17, 2019.
Union of Cuban Journalists (Upec)
XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humorism
Calle 23 no. 452, Vedado, Cuba. CP 10 400
Telephones: (53) 7 8323722/ (53) 783245 64 ext. 116
About the Juries
The admission jury will select the works submitted to the competition to be exhibited at the San Antonio de los Baños XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor.
An international jury made up of prestigious figures linked to graphic humour - whose decision will be final - will award the prizes.
About the Prizes
- Eduardo Abela Award, the highest award in the competition, is given in homage to the outstanding Cuban cartoonist (1889- 1965), consisting of a diploma and 1000 CUC.
- First, second and third prizes in each category and as many mentions as the jury considers, consisting of diplomas.
- Tomy on line prize consisting of a diploma and a reproduction of a work by the author.
- Dedeté Prize 25 x 2 - for the 50th anniversary of the publication - to be awarded to the work selected by the collective of that publication.
- As is already a tradition, various Cuban cultural and social institutions join the competition and award collateral prizes.