Suceava County Council The Bucovina Cultural Centre,
Mănăstirea Humorului Village hall
„HUMOUR AT ... GURA HUMORULUI”,
THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF CARTOON AND HUMOROUS LITERATURE
The 28th edition, 2018
The 28th edition of Humour at ... Gura Humorului, the International Festival of Cartoon and Humorous Literature will be held between June 22 – July 1, 2018.
THE CONTEST REGULATIONS CARTOONS
2. Original works are accepted, in digital format, created after January 1st, 2018, which were not published and submitted or awarded prizes to other competitions.
3. Each participant will submit two ( 2 ) cartoons to be analysed by the jury.
4. The works will be submitted by May 31st, 2018 (posting date) on the following addresses: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address: Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina, Piaţa Republicii, nr. 2, 725300 - Gura Humorului, judeţul Suceava, România.
5. Technical requirements:
- Papers sent by e-mail: minimum1600 x 1200 pixels, JPG format
- Papers sent by regular postal mail: format A 3
- The technique used for the works will be at the free choice of the artist
6. The works are not to be returned. They will be added to the patrimony of the Humour at ... Gura Humorului Festival and the organizers are entitled to use them later as edited materials with the name of their author on them.
7. The participants are required the following documents enclosed with their works: the completed entry form attached, a brief CV and a personal photography/cartoon self portrait of minimum 6x9cm ( on paper) or 710x1065pix. (digital format).
8. The prizewinners will be notified by June 20th, 2018 to be present for the Awards Festivity held on Sunday, June 24th, 2018.
9. Transport expenses, accomodation and meals are the responsibility of the participant or the organization/institution he/she is part of. The organizers will be notified in due time to make the necessary reservations.
10. The prizes to be awarded:
1st Prize: EUR 500
2nd Prize: EUR 300
3rd Prize EUR 200
The "George Gavrilean" Prize for the debutantes in Bucovina EUR 200.
11. The jury are the ones who decide upon awarding or not awarding or re-allocating the prizes. In addition, the jury will decide upon the works or the authors to be rewarded by sponsors, associations, mass-media, institutions, commercial societies or private persons, with their consent.
12. There will be no participation fees.
The Bureau of Press Relations of „Humour at ... Gura Humorului” Festival
• Professor Elvira Romaniuc - Folk Customs Museum in Bucovina (Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina)
Telephone: 00 40 740 926 479
• Professor Sever Dumitrache – cultural counselor
Telephone: 00 40 723270520.