36th Int Exhibition of Caricature, Press and Humor Design"Saint-Just-le-Martel" 2017
To Cartoonists, all over the world!
Most of you have already heard of Saint Just Le Martel and our restless work for the promotion of press cartoons and caricatures.
We will this year celebrate the .... 36th birthday of our annual Salon.
The Center Permanent, inaugurated in September 2011, has already hosted numerous prestigious exhibitions (this year, for example, "expo WILLEM / VUILLEMIN", followed by "CABU, le presidential journal") and we are responding to growing sollicitations from France as well as from abroad.
This success, as you already know, is due to the quality and diversity of our exhibitions, the conducted research work, the seriousness or organization, the solid experience accumulated over time, the presentation of works quality, and the quality of the visitor reception.
All in all, it is largely due to the trust we share with cartoonists, the great friendships built up over the years, and the collaborations initiated and still developed with the most prominent experts in the field ...
Our success also comes from the very nature of this organization, with the remarkable involvement of the most prominent names of cartooning, the outstanding commitment of many volunteers. Those of you who were persent for the last edition have witnessed their new success both in terms of quality and attendance.
The next edition of the Salon will take place from September 30 to October 8, 2017. We hope that you will participate and either send us 8/10 cartoons (preferably on following topics) or come to Saint Just le Martel on either one of the weekends of the salon, or both.
On the general theme: "LIBRES D'EN RIRE" ("FREE TO REMAIN ABOUT IT"), we suggest:
- 365 days of French and international current events
- Elections and a new president in France
- Trump, 9 months later
- our dear "Little darlings": "Little brats or cherubs"?
Of course, there will also be retrospectives (Clémenceau. Press cartoonists from 1830 to 2017) and humor cartoons for kids.
Naturally, we are open to all your suggestions ...
There will also be:
- An exhibition / hommage paid to Di Marco, a miscellaneous news cartoonist
- An exhibition "Carte blanche à Philippe Decressac"
- Two exhibitions / hommages from Switzerland are Burki and Mix and Remix with the collaboration of the Maison du Dessin de Presse de Morges.
- Exhibitions of Michel Kichka and Khalid Gueddar (Marocco) who were both winners of the Le Prix de l'Humour Vache last year and who designed this year's poster
- An exhibition of Marilena Nardi, Italian cartoonist, who was awarded the Crayon de Porcelaine, presse étrangère, in 2016
- Le Jazz de Siné
- Moisan, cartoonist for the Canard Enchaîné, who died 30 years ago
- Eclats de Loup puzzles
- France Cartoons: "French people seen by the British and the British as seen by French people."
- A hundred years of caricatures of the winners of the Giro (by Claudio Puglia)
- A traveling exhibition called "Décoder les étoiles" by Cartooning for Peace for the 60th anniversary of the Traité of Rome, about the Founding Fathers of Europe
We are at your disposal to provide you with any information you need about exhibitions, about transportation and accomodation, given that travel costs on the French territory (special SNCF train cars between Paris and Limoges in particular), accommodation and catering costs in Saint-Just Martel are obviously paid for the organization.
We do hope that you will participate, send us your cartoons and come to Saint Just le Martel, and we are looking forward to see you or hear you by phone.
Friendly thoughts to all of you
For the salon, the president