XXII Exhibition Humour a Gallarate, International Cartoon Contest 2016, Italy
1) The contest is open to all professional cartoonists, caricaturists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. The contest is articulated in 3 sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature)
2) Theme: Tear down the Wall
Sections: A) Graphics/Cartoon | B) Satire | C) Caricature
It’s possible to participate in all the sections.
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The artworks must be original, UNPUBLISHED WORK, and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry-form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back.
The authors have to indicate the section for each work.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free.
The artworks produced with graphics programs, will be accepted for the competition ONLY if sent also in hard copy, signed by the author.
The artworks submitted in digital format, via email or digital devices, will not be considered for the awards, but only for the exhibition and the catalogue.
6) Deadline: October the 18th 2016
Artworks must be received at Pro Loco offices by the 18th of October 2016
7) Jury: The selection of works and the awarding of prizes is exclusive jurisdiction of the Jury, appointed by the Pro Loco Gallarate, which will meet on 22nd of October 2016 in Gallarate.
The jury's decision is final.
8) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best work among all the sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - 1.000 € + diploma
1st Prize for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) – 500 € + diploma
One special Mention of Jury – Diploma for each section
5 works selected for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) – diploma
1 Special Prize Osvaldo Cavandoli "Cava" (creator of the famous character “La Linea”) for the best work of all sections, that combines humoristic beauty with the essentiality of graphic execution - 500 € + diploma
9) Exhibition: November 6th – December 18th 2016 at the Minoletti building situated in Garibaldi Square (Gallarate).
Opening ceremony: Saturday November the 6th 2016, at 11:00 AM
All authors who will attend the opening ceremony are invited to a rustic lunch.
9) Catalogue: Each selected author, exhibited in shows and published in the catalog, will receive a complimentary copy of the same.
10) Property: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. None of works will be returned but will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10
21013 Gallarate (VA)
For further information
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.prolocogallarate.it
ENTRY-FORM on source: feco-spain and also in PDF here .
Read about the theme of the contest here .