The Subject of the Contest: Job Accidents in the Construction Industry
The Aim of the Contest: The construction industry is known as one of the most hazardous industries. One of the main problems of the construction industry is job site accidents: accidents causing crew death and major injuries. Accident rates in this industry are one of the highest across all over the industries. Besides causing human tragedy and economic losses, construction accidents also affect the productivity and reputation of the construction industry. The aim of this contest is to focus on the construction accidents through cartoons and increase the safety awareness in this industry.
1. The competition is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
2. The cartoons that focus on the subject of construction accidents can be prepared by any technique and with any color. Cartoons should be prepared either in A4 (210mm x 297mm) or A3 (297mmX420mm) paper dimensions.
3. Caricatures prepared in digital format can also participate in this contest, however printouts signed by the cartoonists should be sent for the competition.
4. Caricaturists can participate in this contest with a maximum of 3 cartoons.
5. Name, surname, birth date, postal adress, phone number and e-mail adress should be written on the reverse side of each cartoon.
6. The cartoonists are free to participate with already published works as long as these works have not previously been awarded in any other contest.
7. The works must reach the organizing association not later than 30 April 2011 and the address of “Anadolu Universitesi Insaat Muhendisligi Bolumu, 2 Eylul Kampusu, Eskisehir,Turkey”. The organizing association will not be responsible for the postal delays.
First Prize ( 1000 US Dollars )
Second Prize ( 750 US Dollars )
Third Prize ( 500 US Dollars )
5 Honour Prizes ( Honour Certificate ).
9. Selection Committee:
Prof. Dr. Davut AYDIN (President-Anadolu University)
Prof. Atila OZER (Director of Anadolu University Research Center for Cartoon Art)
Hikmet CERRAH (Caricaturist)
Sani SENER (TAV Construction Company)
Emin SAZAK (Yuksel Construction)
Ahmet TUNCAN (Anadolu University, Chairman of Civil Engineering Department, Prof.Dr.)
Gokhan ARSLAN (Anadolu University, Vice Chairman of Civil Engineering Department, Assoc.Prof.Dr.).
10. The selected cartoons will be exhibited. The prizes will be given in the exhibition opening.
11. One album of cartoons that will be determined by the selection committee will be sent to the cartoonists.
12. Cartoons will not be returned to the artists. Once sent the works belong to the organizing committee. It can be published, distributed or used for promotional purpose in future. The cartoons may be used for promotional purposes: cards,posters, catalogs, newspapers, magazine and books etc.
13. Participants are considered to have accepted all these conditions.