Annual Cartoon Contest Olense 2010 - Rules and regulation
All contestants will be admitted with no distinction made regarding nationality or age. There are two categories:
* Youth category up to 15 years inclusive;
* Adult category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is “Body Art – Body Talk – Body Language”. Also this year Amnesty International offers a special prize to the best cartoon with theme ‘being poor though having the right for a home’.
* Original cartoons in black and white or colour, may bear no captions.
* Dimensions including any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
* Works sent rolled and works larger than DIN A4 will not be returned. The cartoons should be appropriately wrapped before sending in order to prevent damage.
* Number of entries per contestant: maximum five.
* Following data should be mentioned on the back of your work: name, adress, age and theme.
4. Property rights
Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer or the major sponsors. All works selected may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
6. Catalogue/Cartoon book
Selected works will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue. The authors of these works will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize ceremony or it will be send afterwards by mail.
7. Return mail
Return of the cartoons happens only on explicit request of the participant, as mentioned in the entry form. Every cartoon meeting with the demands but which is not selected for a prize will be sent back within two years. The organizers will endeavour to handle the return forwardings with the utmost care but cannot be held responsible for loss or damages.
8. Deadline: 2 October 2010
The deadline is 2 October 2010. The entry form and the cartoon(s) must be sent to:
Olense Kartoenale, Gemeentehuis, Dorp 1, B-2250 Olen - Belgium
For the adult category:
1st prize: 1000 euro
2nd prize: 300 euro
3rd prize: 250 euro
4th prize: 200 euro
5th prize: 150 euro.
For the youth category:
1st prize: 200 euro
2nd prize: 175 euro
3rd prize: 150 euro
4th prize: 100 euro.
5th prize: 150 euro.
Special prize: “poverty and human rights”: 400 euro.
Only for Belgian participants: prize of the province of Antwerp: week-end (youth and adult category).
10. Prize Ceremony and Exhibition
The prize ceremony will take place at Friday 12 November 2010 at approximately 20.00 h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen. Every participating artist will be welcome on that occasion. Only the winners are peronally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address an can be visited:
* Sunday 14 November 2010
* All working days from Monday 15 November 2010 till the end of January 2011 during the opening hours of the town hall:
o Monday 09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u 17.30 u – 20.00 u
o Tuesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
o Wednesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u 13.00 u – 16.00 u
o Thursday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
o Friday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
* In March 2011 this exhibition is also to be visited in the Cultural Centre of Bialogard, Poland.
Rules & entry-form: http://www.olen.be/file_uploads/3619.pdf?_vs=0_N .