HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION PRESS CARTOON EUROPE (PCE)
1. Participation in PCE is free of charge.
2. The cartoons which you will submit to us must all have appeared in the course of 2009 in a newspaper, magazine or periodical which is available to the general public, and which is published in one of the member countries of the European Union, plus Switzerland, Turkye and Iceland.
3. Each cartoon participating in PCE must be accompanied by the name and date of the publication in which it originally appeared.
4. Each cartoon participating in PCE must be accompanied by the author's personal details: family name, first name, full postal address, and telephone numbers, email address, website (if any).
5. Your cartoons, up to a maximum of three, must reach us by Friday 1st January 2010 at the latest.
6. Only those cartoons sent electronically (jpg format: minimum 300 dpi) to the following address will be considered as valid entries: firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. All texts and captions either within the cartoon or sent with them which are in a language other than French, English, German, or Dutch must be translated into one or another of these four languages.
8. On Friday 8th January 2010 the selection committee of PCE will nominate the cartoons chosen from all those submitted to go forward for the PCE Grand Prix.
The authors of these cartoons will be notified immediately.
9. PCE will be authorized to exhibit all nominated cartoons at the International Cartoon Festival at Knokke-Heist on the Belgian coast during the summer of 2010, and also to publish them in the annual of best European press drawings of 2009.
10. PCE will be able to make free use of all the nominated cartoons for any publications or communications in connection with the prize, including press releases, posters, announcements of events organized by PCE such as exhibitions, symposia, etc.
11. The jury, composed of journalists from several EU countries, all of whom are accredited by the European parliament in Brussels, will meet on Wednesday 17th February 2010 at the KVS (Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg – the Royal Flemish Theatre) in Brussels, and will select the winning entry to be awarded the
PCE Grand Prix 2010. This meeting will be followed by a press conference during which the name of the winner will be announced.
12. The prize will be awarded during the opening ceremony of the International Cartoon Festival at Knokke-Heist on Saturday 26th June 2010.
13. The author of the winning cartoon will receive a cheque for 10.000 € as well as a bronze trophy created by the Belgian artist Ever Meulen.
14. The decision of the PCE committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Wishing you great success,
Nathalie Rasschaert, Karel Anthierens, Jasper Foré.