GRAPHIC HUMOR EXHIBITION THE 8 MILLENIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The Coordinating committee of ONGD and other Solidarity Movements of Lleida and the Cultural Association Humoràlia organize the GRAPHIC HUMOR EXHIBITION – THE 8 MILLENIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS.
The aim of this exhibition is to make a campaign of awareness addressed to the society making use of the graphic humor as a visual journalistic genre of denunciation and civic commitment, which intends to contribute to the reflection and to the action over the 8 Millennium Development Goals (MDG), marked by the United Nations in September 2000 and which should be achieved by 2015.
WHAT MDG REFERS TO?
The Millennium Development Goals include 8 key challenges for the development of countries which are socially and economically impoverished and so that these can be accomplished before 2015. Thus, from the reduction at half of the extreme poverty till combating the HIV/AIDS propagation or achieving the universal primary education by 2015, the MDG constitute a plan agreed by all the world nations and the major development institutions of the world. The goals made that northern societies make an unprecedented effort in order to help the poorest…but, for the time being, where are these commitments?
1. Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieving universal primary education
3. Promoting gender and empower women
4. Reducing child mortality
5. Improving maternal health
6. Fighting against AIDS, paludism and other illnesses
7. Ensuring environmental sustainability
8. Developing a global partnership for development
For further information:
In Spanish: http://www.un.org/spanish/millenniumgoals
In English: http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Any professional artist or amateur can take part in the exhibition.
2. The exhibition topic is THE 8 MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS
3. Each work has to make reference to one of the eight goals.
4. Deadline for sending the works: 31st of May 2009.
5. The works may be carried out in any technique, with Din A4 format (210 mm x 297 mm) or proportional.
6. Participants may send a maximum of 3 works, in black and white or in colour, if it is possible without text. In case of including a text, this must be in Catalan, Spanish or English.
7. Works have to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com, to 300 dpi in JPG o JPEG format.
8. In the same e-mail, include a document containing the following information: Title of the work, name and surnames, pseudonym, address, telephone (with the corresponding international prefix), e-mail, a brief CV and a photography or caricature of the author.
9. Due to the character of the Exhibition, the selected works will not be rewarded with any economical amount.
10. A jury made up of qualified specialists in Solidarity and Graphic Humor will make a selection of 50 works among the presented ones.
11. The jury’s decision will be unappealable.
12. The selected drawings will be set forth in the International Biennial Exhibition of Graphic Humour, Catalunya HUMORÀLIA 2009. After Biennial, the Exhibition will be able to be itinerant.
13. The drawings, being digitals, will not be returned.
14. A catalogue with the selected works will be edited and sent to all the selected authors.
15. On the Coordinating Committee web page (http://www.coordinadora-ongd-lleida.cat/) and on Humoràlia web page too (http://www.humoralia.org/), it would be possible to visit the virtual gallery with a significant sample of the received works.
16. The organization reserves the right to reproduce the selected works without the expressed authorization, only with the purpose of making aware the population towards the 8 Millennium Development Goals. The use of the works will not have any lucrative end.
17. Taking part in the Exhibition implies accepting the entire terms and conditions. The Jury will solve any doubt that can arise.