1. Theme: EVOLUTION OR CREATIONISM? 2009 has been designated as ‘Darwin Year’ due to is the bicentennial of Charles Darwin’s birthday and his book ‘The origin of species’ is 150 years. His work excludes God to explain the mankind presence in the Earth versus the creationist ideas that refuse evolution and try to explain the mankind’s divine origin according to Reverend Paley’s theories.
2. The contest is open for professionals and amateurs.
3. Deadline is on 28th February 2009.
4. A jury of qualified experts will make a selection of the works which have been submitted.
5. The selected drawings will be exhibited at “La Llotgeta Exhibition Hall” of the CAM in Valencia, between April 23rd and May 29th 2009. From this date, it will be a travelling exhibition in several cities. After that, the artists will be able to ask for their drawings to be returned to them.
6. Drawing size limits: A4 (210mm x 297mm) or A3 (297mm x 420mm). The works with different sizes to these ones will be disqualified.
7. Maximum number of drawings per artist is 3, black & white or coloured, without text. Any kind of style and technique will be accepted.
8. Every drawing must be signed at the back with the following information: name, address, phone, e-mail, and the work’s title.
9. The drawings must be original. Digital drawing will be accepted with the author signature. Copies will not be accepted.
10. Once the exhibition and the travelling one have finished, the organization will returned the original drawings to the authors that have asked for it. The digital works will not be returned.
11. A catalogue will be edited with all the selected cartoons. Each selected author will receive one copy of the catalogue.
12. Send the drawings to: FECO-España. C/ Cooperativa San Fernando, 7- 8ª. 46007. Valencia (Spain).
13. It will be indispensable to send the entry form and a short curriculum vitae along with the drawings.
14. The organization does not assume responsibility for damage or loss of any drawing for reasons beyond its control.
15. The drawings can be given free for the organization of the Exhibition to be part of an International Documental Funds of Graphic Humour. All of them will be deposited for their preservation, spreading and study in a Valencian institution. The authors who want to be part of this Funds must express their authorization in the entry form. The Funds objective is the organization of periodical and travelling exhibitions, the catalogues publication and the foundation of an international documental archive about the graphic humour where the author rights and intellectual property will be respected.
16. Accepting these rules means the cession of the author rights to the organization, only for the exhibition spreading, the catalogues edition and the travelling exhibition. Reproducing the selected works will not have any cost for the organization, since the catalogues and the travelling exhibition will not have any lucrative purpose.