1st International Saloon of Humor for the Amazon Forest / Brazil
Registration extended: until September 26th.
Result of the previous selection: September 2007
Result of the selection by the International jury and the releasing of the final result: October 2007
2. Participation: All cartoonists, professional or not, are allowed to submit original works, since they have not been awarded in other saloons up to the deadline for registrations. Each author may submit up to 3 (three) works developed under any technique, including those ones done by computers. For each work sent, one entry form must be filled up. The entry forms are available at http://www.brazilcartoon.com/
3. Theme: Humor for the Amazon Forest
4. Sending the works: All works, including those ones drawn by hand, must be sent by e-mail, resolution 300 DPIs, color mode RGB, JPG (average quality - 5) or PDF up to the limit of 1,5 MB for each work. Each e-mail must contain only one work and it must come with the respective entry form.
5.1 The guiding criteria for selecting and awarding will be:
Originality (The work must not have been published in any kind of media and must not have been awarded in this kind of competition either).
Quality of the drawings.
5.2 Prizes: The prize for the first place will be R$ 10.000,00 (Ten thousand Reais) plus a trophy and a certificate. The second and third places will receive trophies and certificates. The jury may give honorable mentions to the participants.
The awarded works will be part of the brazilcartoon Artwork Collection.
Prizes not taken in 90 (ninety) days after the releasing of the results will become worthless.
The value of the prize for international works will be converted to dollars according to its value on June 27th 2007, date of the beginning of the competition. The prize will be paid in March 2008.
6. Copyright: By submitting their works, the authors transfer automatically all copyright of their awarded works to brazilcartoon, which may use the works freely. The awarded works will be part of the brazilcartoon Artwork Collection.
7. Disagreement on results: If the jury verifies any kind of fraud or plagiarism on one or more works, it will cancel the prize. The works will be on the website http://www.brazilcartoon.com/ in October 2007 and the results may be contested up to 10 (ten) days after the opening of the saloon, supported by proper proves of any mistake made by the jury. Works sent that are not according to these rules and regulations or those containing any kind of plagiarism will be automatically excluded of the contest.
8. Where to register: To ensure that the works will be sent properly, we suggest that the works be sent through our website, using the system bellow, filling out the entry form and attaching your drawings.
Deadline: September 26, 2007. The date the e-mail was sent will be observed.
9. Further information: Brazilcartoon Organization.
Marcio Leite 55 38-3216-1109 email@example.com