Third International Contest of Ecological Graphic Humor - EcoCartoons 2007
The «Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru» and the «Grupo de Apoyo al Sector Rural» convoke the Third International Contest of Ecological Graphic Humor «ECOCARTOONS 2007». Caricaturists, graphic artists in general, amateurs and professionals are called together, without age limit from all over the world.
• The principal theme of the contest is: WATER.
• The works must reflect ideas related to the ecology with humor or satire.
• Evaluation is based on how well representation of humor and satire is esthetically reached, language can be direct as well as symbolic.
• The technique is totally free.
• Each participant can present an unlimited unpublished works in format A4 (21 x 30 cm).
• The works must not contain text elements (works made by computer, laser printings or photocopies will not be accepted). Information about the name of the author, local address, E-mail or Web address and country of origin must be indicated in the reverse of the sheet.
• Each participant confirms with the delivery of his works the acceptance of the bases and that they will be part of the exhibition the day of the awards ceremony, as well as part of itinerary exhibitions in cities of Peru and in different countries. All works will represent their country of origin in the museum of graphic ecological humor of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru.
• The jury will be integrated with members of sponsors institutions and enterprises, event organizers and the best representative personalities of graphic humor in our country. The decisions of the jury are unappealable.
• Deadline is on Sep 30. Works awarded will be announced on Oct 30, in an official ceremony at the Cultural Center of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru. The organizers of the event will inform the winner by telephone, e-mail or through the embassies or consulates.
• The post delivery must be in flat packages. Do not roll or bend your works. They must not be put in frames or glass. The organizers do not assume responsibility for damage of the delivery. The delivery costs will be afforded by the sender. Local post register on the stamp will be considered in the deadline. After that date, works will be refused.
These works will be part of the cultural patrimony of GRUPO. They can be used for exhibitions or be shown when we consider it pertinent. Also, the works can be reproduced in a total or partial way in diverse publications. GRUPO ensures that all the works used for this ends will mention the author's name and it's procedence in a visible place.
First Prize: US$ 1,000.00 and honour diploma.
Second Prize: US$ 500.00 and honour diploma.
Third Prize: US$ 200.00 and honour diploma.
• Works must be sent to the following address:
GRUPO PUCP - ECOCARTOONS Av. Universitaria 1801 - San Miguel LIMA 32 - PERU
Regulations at: http://www.pucp.edu.pe/grupo/ecocartoons/2007.html