9th Cartoon Contest, Caminos de la Libertad 2024, Mexico
The Caricature is an act of provocation, of criticism; capable of defending freedom through humor. Caminos de la Libertad invites reflection and discussion on the different aspects of freedom, generating thought around it and making those who have not yet realized its value in their lives aware of it.
Freedom is the fundamental right of human beings, but efforts to limit it have become systematic in the contemporary world.
There is no more direct and effective form of communication than caricature. Since its inception, it has been a tool for criticizing and analyzing the reality of our world. In the search to promote debate around freedom, Grupo Salinas announces the caricature contest.
1. People from anywhere in the world can participate in this contest.
2. The works must be completely original and unpublished, and if they contain words, they must be in Spanish. They should not be participating simultaneously in any other contest. Adaptations of other originals will not be accepted.
3. "Freedom" should be the theme of the cartoon. The winning works will be those that best capture, analyze, contrast, promote and disseminate it, those that offer proposals to expand the options of freedom in Mexican society or to present examples of success and failure in the application of this right. 4. Each participant may submit as many works as they wish.
5. The works must be presented in JPEG format at the best possible resolution.
6. The works must be signed with a pseudonym.
7. The author will send, in the same email as their work, a file in which they will write the pseudonym, the title of the caricature, the author's full name, their address, occupation, telephone number, email address, and a brief biographical summary.
8. The works must be sent by email to the following address:
9. This call for entries will be in effect from today until March 31, 2024.
10. The composition of the jury will remain confidential until the publication of the verdict.
11. The results of the contest will be announced on the website www.caminosdelalibertad.com.
The winners will be notified directly at the address, telephone number or email address provided.
12. Those contestants whose works are chosen to be published must sign the necessary documentation that will be provided to them.
13. The jury's decision will be final. The prize may be declared void if the jury deems that none of the works presented has sufficient quality. The jury will be empowered to resolve any situation related to the contest that is not specified in these guidelines.
14. Three cash prizes in Mexican pesos will be awarded:
First place: $30,000.00
Second place: $20,000.00
Third place: $10,000.00.
These prizes can be claimed after fulfilling the tax requirements of Mexico and the contestant's country of origin.
15. Up to seven honorable mentions will be awarded, without cash prizes, for works that, in the opinion of the jury, have sufficient quality.
16. In the event that the prize published in this call for entries is not claimed within three months from the date of publication on the official Caminos de la Libertad website, as well as on its social networks, Caminos de la Libertad may use the amount of said prize for whatever purpose it deems appropriate, without the winner being able to make any subsequent claim of any kind.
17. Any work that does not comply with the provisions of these rules will be disqualified.
18. Participation in this contest presupposes acceptance of these rules. No awards or prizes will be given, nor will the works of participants who do not comply with the provisions of this call be published.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .