In 2019 Bastogne will commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.Today after 75 years, peace has not returned to the world.
Bastogne International Press Cartoon joins the event with the organization of a Contest.
Deadline: 15 March 2019
Jury meeting: 30 March 2019
Opening and prize giving ceremony: 23 May 2019.
RULES OF THE BASTOGNE INTERNATIONAL PRESS CARTOON
THEME 'MAKE LOVE NOT WAR'1. The number of entries is limited to 5.
Any kind of graphical technique will be accepted. The works may not have been exhibited, published or awarded before. The drawings shall not bear subtitles.
2. You can send your works only via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th March 2019
Dont forget to mention, the surname, forename and address of the participant.
The contest website will inform you if your works have arrived. The list of participants is updated weekly.
3. The drawings shall have the following dimensions: A4 – 300 dpi, (maximum 3MB).
4. By participating, the artist agrees with this rules and the privacy disclaimer and authorize the organizers to publish the submitted works in the catalogue and for the promotion of the exhibition. For any other use of the cartoons the permission of the cartoonist is previously requested.
5. The following prizes are awarded:
1st prize: € 1.000,00 + trophy
2nd prize: € 500,00 + trophy
Best Belgian cartoon: € 250,00 + trophy.
On the occasion of the prize-giving ceremony, all the winners are invited for a stay of 3 days in Bastogne.
6. By participating the artist lends the submitted works to the organizers for itinerant exhibitions. Consequently, the selected works will remain at the disposal of the organizers until December 2020! The awarded works will become property of the organization.
7. If after announcement of the prizes, it appears that plagiarism has been committed, the jury can after deliberation withdraw the prize.
8. The international jury of cartoon professionals will meet in Bastogne on the 30th of March 2019. The complete list of jury members will be announced on our website after the 1st of January 2019.
9. The inauguration and prize-giving ceremony will take place the 23th of May 2019. The exhibition will be held at the Cultural Center of Bastogne.