All contestants will be admitted with no distinction made regarding nationality or age. There are two categories:
• Youth category up to 15 years inclusive;
• Adult category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘Safety at work’. This year Amnesty International offers the best cartoon with the theme ‘Right to decent work’ a special prize.
More information about the main theme is to be found in annex to this regulation.
• Contributions have to be digital works. They shouldn’t contain an explanation of the drawing.
• The digital works have to be sent in JPEG format with a minimum of resolution of 300 dpi (2480 x 3543 pixels).
• Dimensions including any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum five for each theme.
• You have to record your contact details through www.olensekartoenale.be.
• You can sign up your participation from 1 July 2018.
• The originals of the rewarded cartoons and your curriculum vitae will be asked and must be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium within 2 days after the request of the organization.
4. Property rights
Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor. All works selected may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen. Decisions made by the jury cannot be challenged.
6. Catalogue/Cartoon book
Selected works will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue. The authors of these works will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize ceremony or it will be send afterwards by mail.
7. Deadline: 10 September 2018
The deadline is 10 September 2018 at 12.00 AM midnight. The entry form you can find on www.olensekartoenale.be where you also can upload your works. Do not send your works to firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the adult category:
1st prize: 1500 euro
2nd prize: 700 euro
3rd prize: 400 euro
4th prize: 300 euro
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants): 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International: 350 euro
For the youth category:
Prize for best international work: 250 euro
Prize for best Belgian work: 250 euro.
9. Prize Ceremony and Exhibition
The prize ceremony will take place at Friday 9 November 2018 at approximately 20.00 h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen. Every participating artist will be welcome on that occasion. Only the winners are personally invited.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address and can be visited:
• Sunday 11 November 2018
• All working days from Monday November 12, 2018 till the end of December 2018 during the opening hours of the town hall:
o Monday 09.00 u – 12.00 u13.00 u – 16.00 u17.30 u – 20.00 u
o Tuesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
o Wednesday 09.00 u – 12.00 u13.00 u – 16.00 u
o Thursday 09.00 u – 12.00 u
o Friday 09.00 u – 12.00 u.
Main theme: SAFETY AT WORK
In every job, in every professional activity, risks are involved. Some problems hardly have any physical impact but can cause psychological disorders. In other professions accidents with physical damage are hardly inevitable.What if safety regulations are practised inadequately? Manuals are not observed? Carelessness and routine have the upper hand? Which consequences does it have for the materials which are used, the product, the construction, the project in general?
Regulation in languages on source.