International Cartoon Competition: The Art of Resistance 2018, the Netherlands
1. This competition is open to all cartoonists from all over the world. Cartoonists can send in work that is unpublished, or work that has been published before.
2. The cartoons should reflect the theme resistance.
3. Cartoon can be black and white or in color, and be created using any technique.
4. Cartoons must be sent in via email to email@example.com.
5. Cartoon size must not exceed A3 at 300dpi, in PNG or JPG format.
6. Each cartoonist can send in a maximum of three works.
7. Participants must include the following in their submission:
a) Full name & address.
b) Email & telephone number.
c) Short bio (max. 250 words).
8. The deadline of the competition is February 23, 2018, 23:59 GMT.
1. A jury will convene in March 2018 to select cartoons for the exhibition and to determine the winners.
2. The first prize winner will receive €1000 and a plaque. In addition, the winner will receive one night accommodation for two persons to attend the opening of the exhibition on May 24, 2018 in Middelburg, the Netherlands. (Please note that travel costs are not included.)
3. The second prize winner will receive €750 and a plaque.
4. The third prize winner will receive €500 and a plaque.
5. Ten honorable mentions will receive a plaque.
6. Selected works will be included in the exhibition The Art of Resistance, which will be on display in de ZB in Middelburg and (optionally) other locations during in spring/summer 2018. Selected cartoon will also be published on the website of Cartoon Movement.
7. Winners and artists of selected works will be informed by the end of March 2018.
1. Copyright of the submitted cartoons will remain with the artist.
2. Submitted cartoons may be used (non-exclusively) by the competition organization for the exhibition and for promotional purposes, in print and online.
'The Art of Resistance' is a joint project organized by ZB, Switch, Cultuurwerf and Cartoon Movement. 'The Art of Resistance' is part of Four Freedoms Throughout The Year, also made possible by the Province of Zeeland and vfonds/Year of Resistance.