The entries for the competition include all artworks and animation which reflect content about ethnic children using various subjects by qualified artists implementing a variety of techniques. Children are encouraged to submit their works for competition, exhibition and publication.
1. The Ethnic Children in My Eyes
2. Topics about Children
1. Category (A): Still image works
Single-frame work, comic strips, illustrations, caricature, drawings, graphics and other works of original fine art. It is encouraged that the artists create ethic children with unique characteristics and customs from their own countries and regions in order to reflect the rich and various races of the world.
2. Category (B): Animation works
All animation works suitable for children submitted must be 1-22 minutes in length. Any of the following animation types are acceptable: Computer-assisted or Computer-generated, stop-motion (including clay animation), 2D works, 3D works, FLASH, puppet animation, paper-cutting works, in fact, any format except live action!
1. Entry for the Category (A) (Still Image Works):
a) Maximum A3 (297mm x 420 mm), minimum A4 (210mm×297mm).
b) Any printed submission will not be accepted (work can be submitted in either computer or hand drawing; however, the electronic-version of submission is definitely required).
c) Participants can also send electronic edition (scanned copy) with a minimum size of “300 dpi” in “.TIFF” or “.JPG” to email@example.com.
2. Entry for the Category (B) (Animated Works):
a) All works must be PAL formal with high definition (prefer to be minimum size of 720×576, minimum bit rate of 1000 bps)
b) Animated submissions (including FLASH) should be submitted in “.MPG” or “.AVI” or “.MOV” format and 5 still images are required separately, which is used to present character and background with a minimum size of “300 dpi” in “.TIFF” or “.JPG”. For each FLASH works, a copy of “.SWF” submissions are required.
c) In case of multiple submissions, please separate each individual submission. An uninterrupted multi-work submission is not allowed.
a) All works are preferred to be subtitled in English.
b) The story background, synopsis, brief introduction, and character description are required in either Chinese or English electronic-version.
4. Entry Form and Photo:
Artwork should be accompanied by their author’s photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a completed Application Form (PLEASE USE CAPITAL LETTERS).
The applicant must be the copyright owner of the submission.
◆ Awards and Prizes
1. Adult Group
Artwork submitted for competition will be judged by an International Jury. The Jury will award the following cash prizes along with a certificate for each award.
2 Gold medals, each 1500 USD (1 for category A and 1 for category B)
4 Silver medals, each 1000 USD (2 for category A and 2 for B category)
4 Bronze medals, each 800 USD (2 for category A and 2 for B category)
20 Special prizes, each 300 USD (10 for category A and 10 for B category)
a) The jury has the right of final distribution of statutory prize and all of the jury’s decisions are final.
b) Organizers plan to award the artist with the best debut and will give him/her the opportunity for an individual exhibition at the Gallery which will be included in the 2017 program.
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS.
2. Children Group
a) Artwork submitted for competition will be judged by an International Jury. The Jury will award the certificate to the finalists.
b) Submission finalists would be included in the album. And the certificates and albums or presents (if the album is not released on time), will be sent to the finalists.
All results will be announced on July 2, 2017.
◆ Participant Privileges
1. Artists of work qualified for the exhibition will be given a presentation copy of the catalogue.
2. Artwork sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition.
◆ Competition Provisions
1. Organizers reserve the right to use all submitted artwork for advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the artists that include being exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organizers and will be included in the collection of the Gallery.
3. The exhibition organizers are the final judges in interpretation of the rules and regulations.
4. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations.
5. By sending his/her work, the artist agrees to the publication of the author's profile in the post-exhibition album.
6. All the submissions will not be returned.
◆ Timetable and Contact Information
1. Submissions（original scripts are preferred) for receipt of artwork:
From April 25, 2017 to July 2, 2017
Deadline: Date of the postmark July 2, 2017
Deadline: Electronic submissions midnight July 2, 2017
Please send your submission(s) to the following mailing address or send to our email address via the internet:
Organizing Committee ICACF
Building 6-2 #39, Xiaoshicheng Yunyan
Guiyang, Guizhou 550004 CHINA
TEL：+86 10 84937681
Mobile: +86 15185169898
Website: www.cmiassn.org ; www.icacf.com .
Poster added 26 June 2017.