QUO VADIS EUROPE? / JOURNEY OF HOPE?Dear Cartoons Lovers,
We would like announce the title of the 9th DQ International Cartoons Contest as "Quo Vadis Europa?/Journey of Hope".
As we are all aware that in the Middle East, there's a bloody war going on for years and no one knows when it will end. There is also the worldwide Syrian refugee crisis that adds up to millions of people and is still going on since 4 years. Most refugees try to land in Italy via Turkey and Greece in order to reach other European countries.
For some time now, the EU's been applying immediate precautions and taking action against this major problem.
Unfortunately, some dark forces have started a "refugee trade" in order to take advantage of this tragedy.
Having sold everything they own due to ongoing war, Syrians flee ending up in a death voyage. As Germany having held its promise and has opened up its borders to millions of them, refugees have started flooding in. However, upon the opposition parties and society’s protests, reverse decisions are made and the immigration has been stopped.
One of the decisions made is to contribute 3 Billion Euros to Turkey in return of stopping this immigration. Thus, a form of "concentration camp” will be realized in Turkey in order to save Europe from the presence of refugees. Will this plan be successful? It is a big question mark for both Turkey and the European countries!
“Most of the Syrian refugees being Muslim and try to reach the Christian European countries instead of wealthy Muslim ones is another point to be considered. Positive and negative social reactions in Germany also lead us wondering how this situation will be reflected in other European countries. Unfortunately, while such decisions are made, the refugee trade is going on and new tragedies are under way every day.
The objective of the contest is holding a mirror to the states and societies to question themselves.
We have 3 questions:
1) Why are they fleeing Syria?
2) Whey do they choose Europe?
3) Will they ever come back?
The Rules of Competition:
1) With participation in competition is possible only by Internet. email@example.com
2) The participating work may have been published neither with another competition presented nor on any way. With an offence, the deprivation of the achieved prices is the result.
3) The designs are to be drawn in A3-Size to deliver in 200 dpi dissolution and in Jpeg format. They know both and black-and-white, and to be colored, the coloured representation is exactly the same as the colortechnical treatment of the work is incumbent on not a containment.
4) The closing date of the competition is 1 May 2016.
5) The jury exists, evaluates the works between 15. and 30. May 2016. Results of this evaluation and conception of the price-crowned works are published on 1 June 2016.
6) The award of the prize will take place in the context of the opening of the exhibition in 26 June 2016 in the municipal art gallery Filderstadt.
7) Received caricatures will be securely saved in Don Quichotte's archive. We certainly will get permission from you if we need to use your caricatures for purposes other than displaying it in exhibitions and album. If we are able to obtain sufficient sponsorship, we will publish the caricatures from our contest in a hardcover album. Otherwise, we will publish it as an electronic album in pdf format.
- First Prize: 1.000 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Second Prize: 750 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Third Prize: 500 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- 10 Mentions
Jury Members: DQ Cartoon Committee Members Cartoonists…