What is district heating like?
First, it is comfortable: consumers have nothing to do but enjoy the warmth of their home; the supply, preparation and conversion of the fuel as well as the maintenance of the system is done by the service supplier.
Besides, district heating is environment-friendly: heating plants operating with high efficiency consume relatively less fuel (so they can be operated with lower costs) than individual heating systems, so, the quantity of harmful substances after firing is also less. Another advantage is that smoke is not produced in residential areas but farther away, so district heating is less harmful on cities air quality.
In addition, renewable energy sources (such as geothermal energy or biomass) can be applied. Since by the utilization of these the emission of greenhouse gases decrease, district heating contributes to climate protection.
It is interesting, right? Do you have your opinion about the issue? If you have, you have nothing to do but make a drawing about it. A caricature, of course. A creative caricature artist has an opinion about everything.
Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. announces an international caricature contest in the following topic:
The warmth of homes – and what is behind itContest Rules of “Heat of home – District heating and the things behind”
The social benefit of district heating
The social benefit of district heating
In respect of the Contest the Contest Rules are a legally binding agreement. To enter the Contest the Contestant must agree to these Contest Rules. Contestants may participate in the Contest only if they read, agree to and accept in their own name the Contest Rules and demonstrate it by filling in, signing and submitting the Entry form which is part of this Contest Rules. By submitting the fully completed and signed Entry form Contestants accept the Contest Rules. Those who do not agree to the Contest Rules are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Contest is open to natural persons who are 18 years of age or older and have legal capacity. Each Contestant may submit 5 entries in A4 size without text and without any technical restrictions. (File properties: CYMK, jpg, high resolution – the Gmail account is able to send messages up to 10 MB in size.)
A full application consists of the entry (entries) and the Entry form. Applications can be forwarded until 15th March 2016, 24:00h to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
(ii) those who do not meet the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules;
(iii) the employees and immediate families of Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and its subsidiaries or of the companies involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt.
2. Validity of the Contest
Applications are valid only if
a) they include the entry/entries complying with the above specified content and form requirements
b) and one fully completed application form signed by the Contestant;
c) the Contestant meets the eligibility requirements of the Contest Rules;
d) they are received until 15th March 2016, 24:00h.
Applications are invalid if
a) they are submitted by an ineligible individual;
b) they are submitted after the submission deadline;
c) they do not meet the content requirements;
d) they do not meet the formal requirements;
e) they do not include the fully completed application form signed by the Contestant.
3. By entering this Contest (by submitting a valid application) the Contestant undertakes to adhere to these Contest Rules which shall be published on website www.pannonpower.hu following the announcement of the Contest; furthermore the Contestant agrees to accept the decision of the jury, which decision shall be binding in every respect. Any breach of the Contest Rules may result in disqualification of the Contestant.
Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. reserve, at their discretion, the right to disqualify any Contestant that in their opinion:
a) interferes or attempts to interfere with the entry process or the operation of the Contest;
b) does not respect the Contest Rules;
c) provides any false information related to the identity, postal address or ownership rights of the Contestant or related to any data or information in relation to the Contest;
d) infringes the rights of any third party or breaches any legislation.
4. Within the framework of the Contest, three Contestants will be awarded the following prizes :
• 1st place: 300 EUR
• 2nd place: 200 EUR
• 3rd place: 100 EUR
The jury can give 3 diplomas for the best arts. Not any money reward belongs to the diplomas.
The entries will be judged by an independent jury.
The Jury will make its decision based on the following criteria:
• depicting the topic of the Contest,
• uniqueness of visual presentation,
• elaborateness of the entry,
• artistic value,
5. Contestants accepting these Contest Rules and submitting valid applications grant without further compensation to Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the companies involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute, or publish the Contest entry for any purpose, thus Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. may use the entries particularly (but not exclusively) in the following ways and fields:
- digital and paper-based catalogues,
- on the websites tavho.veolia.hu and www.veolia.hu,
- free-of-charge publications (not for sale) distributed among business partners,
- for decoration.
The above provisions do not affect the moral rights.
6. By entering the Contest, Contestants agree that their personal data shall be collected and managed by Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person, involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former, as data controllers, furthermore Contestants accept that in case Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former may not collect and control the necessary data, Contestants shall not be eligible to participate in the Contest. Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former may collect and control the data collected and controlled in connection with the Contest only for the purpose of implementing the Contest and in the interest of the purposes defined in the present Contest Rules and may not disclose these data to a third party.
7. The Contest shall be governed by Hungarian Law. Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Contest Rules and the decisions Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former, which decisions shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Contestants represent and warrant that their entry is their original work and are the sole and exclusive owners of the Contest Entry and are eligible to enter the Contest with their Contest Entry.
8. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Contestants release, at all times, Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former from any liability whatsoever, claim, demand, losses, costs or expenses related to the actions, omissions, or silence of the Contestants and/or caused by any statement made or warranties undertaken by the Contestants in relation to these Contest Rules. Contestants represent and warrant that their entries are free from claim, action and burden, their use does not infringe upon the rights of any third party, upon any patent, model brand, industrial brand, copyright, trade-mark or other protected rights. The Contestant undertakes to indemnify Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former from all costs and compensation liability. If an entry infringing upon protected rights is submitted in the Contest, Contestant shall immediately terminate the unlawful status. If it is foreseeable that a claim will be made or has been made or an action will be or has been brought limiting or preventing the usage of the entry submitted, Contestant shall ensure continuous use for Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and its Interests without any losses.
9. By submitting any entry, Contestants represent and warrant that all and every element of their entry is their original work. Contestants shall retain all intellectual property rights over their Application, except for the use of right of Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. under these Contest Rules providing that by submitting the entries their ownership shall be assigned to Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. Contestant allows Veolia Energia Magyarország Zrt. and the person involved in the announcement and organization of the Contest commissioned by the former to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, or communicate to the public, including publishing the entry submitted in the Contest for any purpose and grants the right of use thereof without any remuneration or compensation of any kind. The right of use is exclusive and without limitation of space or time. By submitting the entry, the Contestant expressly renounces the right to any licence fees or any other fees in connection with the use of the Contest entry.
10. If any provision or condition of these Contest Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.