2015 International Cartoon Competition on Community of Common Destiny for All, China
Updated: 2015-07-01 13:27:18
Community of common destiny for all is a concept proposed by President Xi Jinping that emphasizes that a country should take into consideration other countries' concerns while seeking its own interests and should promote the common development of all.
The concept stems from the idea that we are all descendants of the same ancestors. Although countries have different or even contradictory national interests, religious beliefs, ideologies and social systems, we all live in and share the same world and should try our best to coexist peacefully.
China Journalistic Caricature Society
China Daily Website (www.chinadaily.com.cn)
Community of Common Destiny for All
Please focus on the theme. Key words for the theme include peace, harmony, sustainable development, cooperation, environmental protection, public welfare, Earth, anti-war and anti-monopoly.
Professional and amateur cartoonists from China and overseas are welcome to enter.
Submissions will be accepted until Aug 31 (EXTENDED!) Oct 31 (EXTENDED) DECEMBER 31
Note- the deadline includes time taken to receive work so participants are urged to submit entries as early as possible.
First prize [1 winner]: $2,000 (pre-tax) and certification
Second prize [2 winners]: $1,000 (pre-tax) and certification
Third prize [3 winners]: $500 (pre-tax) and certification
Runner up prize: [100 winners]
1) There are no limitations on the styles of submissions or the number of each participant's submissions.
2) Paper submissions should not be smaller than 210 mm x 297 mm. Please attach an entry form to the back of each paper submission and include the title, participant's name, nationality, address and other contact information. (Participants of nationalities other than Chinese should provide information in English.)
3) If you submit your contribution via e-mail, please use the following resolutions:
- 300 dpi (file size no smaller than 1MB)
- Longest side of the file should be under 1,000 pixels
4) The caption for the submission should include the title of the contribution and the name and pen name of the cartoonist. The caption document that goes with e-mail submissions should be in text format and include the title, cartoonist's name, nationality, address and phone number. (Participants of nationalities other than Chinese should provide information in English.)
7. Where to send submissions:
1) E-mail submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Mail submissions to the address below. Please write "Cartoon Contest" on the envelope. (Participants of nationalities other than Chinese should provide information in English.)
Art Department, China Daily, No 15 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, P.R. China
8. Online entry forms:
Participants can download an entry form at www.newscartoon.com.cn. Please download the form and fill it out as accurately and truthfully as possible. Photocopies are acceptable.
9. Contact us:
Address: Art Department, China Daily, No 15 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, P.R. China
1) The organizers reserve the right to refuse entries they consider legally, morally, politically or religiously offensive, as well as work that is considered in violation of acknowledged moral standards.
2) If a contribution has any intellectual property rights or copyright disputes, the organizer holds the right to revoke the participant's eligibility to participate in the competition. Participants are solely liable for any consequences that may arise from submitting work to the competition. Participants must be the owner of all rights of the work submitted and it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that his or her contributions to the competition do not generate any copyright or other intellectual property rights disputes.
3) The organizers reserve the right to use the contributions for presentation and media use.
4) Organizers and participants share the copyright of the contributions. Organizers of the event have the right to display and distribute contestants' works.
5) By submitting a contribution to the competition, the participant agrees to accept all of the rules.