UMORISTI A MAROSTICA 2012, 44TH INTERNATIONAL GRAPHIC HUMOUR EXHIBITION, ITALY
The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" announces and organizes the 44th International Graphic Humour Exhibition "Umoristi a Marostica 2012".
1. The contest is open to all the cartoonists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. It's possible to participate out of the competition. That request excludes the author from award of the prizes.
2. The theme of the contest is: TRAVELS
3. The authors can participate with a maximum of 3 works (Cartoons or Strips) inherent to the theme proposed in connection with the man, his existence and the society, seen in humorous view-point. The works, for being able to be comprised all over the world beyond every linguistic barrier, will have to be without dialogue or texts. The works, realized with free technique, should be originals or digital prints numbered and signed by the author. The photocopies will not be accepted. The format of works is free, within a maximum of 60x60 cm. The works should bear the author's name, surname, address, email and possible title on the back.
4.The deadline for works reception is January 25, 2012 (based on the postmark). The works, accompanied by the author's entry-form, must be sent (postage paid by the sender and without frames or glass) to the following address: UMORISTI A MAROSTICA - PIAZZA CASTELLO 12 - 36063 MAROSTICA (VI) - ITALY
5. The acceptance of the works, the selection, and the assigning of the prizes are completely up to the Jury nominated by Artistic Direction and Gruppo Grafico Marosticense. The Jury's decisions are final.
6.The Jury will award the following prizes: "International Grand Prix Scacchiera" and 12 Special prizes "Umoristi a Marostica". Special prizes "Sandro Carlesso" and "Marco Sartore". Other special prizes or honorary mentions may be awarded.
7. The results of the Jury will be given directly to all the participating artists by email or mail and published on the web site http://www.umoristiamarostica.it/ within February 2012.
8.The opening ceremony and the prize distribution will have place on April 14, 2012 at Castello Inferiore of Marostica. The exhibition will remain opened till 27 May, 2012.
9. All the authors selected will receive a free copy of catalogue. All the other participants not selected may demand the catalogue compiling the module on the site http://www.umoristiamarostica.it/ .
10. The prize-winning works will not be returned and will be included in the collection of "Umoristi a Marostica Museum". Only the original works of authors selected will be returned after the exhibition and with postage paid by "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense". The works of authors not selected and all the digital prints will not be returned. The authors selected may give their works to "Umoristi a Marostica Museum" in any case.
11. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" reserves the right to authorize the reproduction of the work citing the author with the words "Taken from Umoristi a Marostica", without any payment. The "Gruppo Grafico Marosticense" is not responsible for transport damages.
12.The participation in the contest implies the complete acceptance of all the conditions and rules from the author.
TIMETABLE UMORISTI A MAROSTICA 2012
Deadline: January 25, 2012
Jury meeting: February 11-12, 2012
Opening and prize distribution: April 14, 2012
Exhibition: April 14 - May 27, 2012.
Entry Form on sources: fanofunny & umoristiamarostica
Clay Bennett's Berryman Award acceptance speech - *Clay Bennett*, editorial cartoonist for the *Chattanooga Times Free Press*, was the 2014 winner of the Clifford K. and James T. Berryman Award for Edit...
15 minutes ago