17th RENDON INTERNATIONAL CARTOON FESTIVAL 2010 - COLOMBIA
RICARDO RENDÓN: The Outstanding Colombian caricaturist born in Rionegro-Antioquia (1894-1931), called "The Emperor" of the Cartoon. One of the most penetrating and fine Latin American humorists in the XX century, in whose work the humor was satire, it was characterized especially by the political cartoon. His cartoons were true x-rays of the facts and of the individuals. He was pioneer of the graphic publicity in Colombia.
The Conditions :
1) The contest is open to all cartoonists all over the world.
2) The deadline for entries is October 30, 2010.
3) The themes of the competition are Three:
Theme 1. DEPENDENCE, (The situation of dependency as a person can not be used for political purposes.The political concept of Dependence is opposed to that of Independence.
Dependence Emotional, Economic, Psychological dependence and everything what relates him).
Theme 2. PERSONALITIE General Josè Marìa CÓRDOVA, Illustrious of the Independence Acquaintance as the " Heroe of Ayacucho ", was the general antioqueño more emphasized during the period of Independence. (See biography and images http://www.cartoonrendon.com/),
And theme 3. FREE.
4) Each participant can present in the competition a maximum of Three cartoons for theme.
5) You can participate with cartoons in white and black or in color.
6) The size of cartoons will not exceed 30 x 40 cms maximum.
7) You can also participate in the competition with cartoons that have already been published or rewarded previously, all the presented cartoons will be original. Photographs, photocopies etc, will not be accepted, and the transport of the cartoons in charge of the participant.
8) Participants are requested to send, together with their cartoons, a short curriculum vitae and a photograph.
9) In the reverse of each cartoon he/she should go the name, surname, address, telephone number and country of origin of the participant.
10) The selected Caricaturist will receive free a catalogue.
11) The jury composed of Colombian and foreign cartoonists.
12) The results will be announced in the month of December of 2010.
13) The cartoons presented in the competition won't be returned.
14) By filling in the entrance form attached, the participant declares and accepts in advance that (s)he has turned over the financial rights (s)he holds over the cartoon or cartoons vis-à-vis the public to Cartoonrendon without limitation on location, time period and number the intellectual property all rights for publication. (S)he agrees that Cartoonrendon may use such cartoons, exhibit them, keep them in its archives and publish them on the internet or through other media.
15) The organization is reserved the right of exhibiting those works that he/she understands they can attempt against individual or collective rights.
16) The Participation in the competition supposes the entire acceptance and without reservations all the conditions.
1° Grand Prix Theme “DEPENDENCE”: US 2.000
2° Prize Theme “JOSÈ MARÌA CÒRDOVA”: US 500
3° Prize Theme FREE: US 600
4º Special Prizes offered by various institutions.
The works should be sent to:
17° FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CARICATURA Fernando Pica, Palacio de la Cultura / Cr 50 # 48 - 05, Rionegro Antioquia COLOMBIA
Entry Form at http://www.cartoonrendon.com/