“OUR FUTURE = OUR CHILDREN”
The UNO has announced the year 2009 to be celebrated as the “World Children’s Year”. We also would like to contribute to this concept by organizing the 2nd International Manisa-Mesir Cartoon Contest.
Well, children are our future. What are we going to leave them? Super shoes that did not exist in our childhood, multifunctional cellular phones, giant colorful TVs, 3D cinema, Harry Potter tales, the whole computer technology and the Internet, space dreams… Those things are not few, but what about nutrition, shelter, security, health services, education? The negative or even horrible things in each of those fields are so many that they stick to my throat…
Some of these children are going to be tomorrow’s respected governors, great scientists, art geniuses and super sports people. Unfortunately the ones who do the wrong, bad and ugly things are going to be raised among them, as well. And we are the ones to show them the way. Let’s leave them confidence in future, high moral values and peaceful relationships with neighbors.
So come on dear cartoonists, for our hopeful future and happy children…
Bülent KAR, Mayor of Manisa
Tonguç Yaşar : Cartoonist from Turkey,
Natasa S. Kostovska : Cartoonist from Macedonia,
Grzegorz Szumowski : Cartoonist from Poland,
Massoud Shojai Tabatabai : Cartoonist from Iran,
Eray Özbek : Cartoonist from Turkey,
Cem Koç : Cartoonist from Turkey.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
First Prize : 2500 €
Second Prize : 1750 €
Third Prize : 1000 €
* This contest is open to professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
* The cartoons may not have been previously awarded and must be based on the original idea of the artist. Cartoons that are deemed by the jury to be the same or closely similar to that known to be the work of another cartoonist will not be judged. Discussions and probable claims according all sorts of plagiarism are at the expense of the participant.
* The participation will be only by internet. Consequently, digital artworks will be also accepted.
* The artists shall not present more than 2 (TWO) works. Otherwise, all of them will not be judged.
The properties of the works :
* Minimum A4 (210 X 297 mm), maximum A3 (297 X 420 mm), in JPEG format with 300 dpi resolution. Maximum: 3 MB.
* A separate e-mail for each work. The full name, address, telephone number of the artist is to be stated on the each mail with a brief CV (max. 350 characters).
* The artists will call these cartoons and CV files with their own names. For example: Semih Berker-1 (or 2).jpg and Semih Berker.doc
* The young domestic cartoonists under 18 years must add their ages also. For example: Semih Berker-1(17). For this category, there is a special “youth” prize.
* Address to send submissions in digital form: email@example.com
* The deadline: Entries to reach the organizers by 02 February 2009, Monday,12.00 am midday.
* If the number of the participating cartoons will be very much; the members of the jury in Turkey will do a primary election before the meeting of the jury. If a foreign juror wants to see other works, he/she can look at them and can add his/her selections.
* Jury will meet on February 9th, 2009 and on the same day, the winner cartoons will be declared and will be published in internet. The results will become definite in the 20th of February 2008. Other contradictions to decisions of the jury are not allowed.
* Prize giving ceremony will take place and the exhibition of the selected works will open March 18th, 2009 in Manisa.
* Municipality of Manisa hold the right to publish the cartoons submitted to the contest in any form.
* A catalogue will be published and one copy will be supplied to each artist whose work has been selected for this catalogue.
* Artists submitting cartoons will automatically agree to abide by the above rules.
Post a Comment